11/9 Tarnished Coast/Crystal Desert/Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Lets keep it classy and talk about our fights for this week here.

This week promises to be very interesting so lets keep this thread informative as well.

Lots of NA prime time players here!

See you all after work (and the queue.)

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: BillyGoatsGruff.4695

BillyGoatsGruff.4695

the match up is a little unbalanced after TC got a huge server transfer from HoD. CD is very aggressive and held well last week. We will see who will win.

in WvW

Posted by: FalconOSeven.2364

FalconOSeven.2364

So many players on tonight that I am getting invisible armies!

in WvW

Urrid.4593

TC has been gaining more players slowly, that much is true, but a massive HoD influx from last weeks match? That is news to me personally. I spend a good deal of time in WvW so I feel like I should have noticed. This is a mystery!

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

If Yak’s still has the kind of coverage from last time CD was against them then we’re both going to want to gang up on TC during prime time and we’ll sort of end up handing off territory at different times of day.

TC has the best coverage in general (and not just from people transferring over to the winning team,) but their zerg breaks easier than any I’ve seen and you can hold them out indefinitely, except when the late night attrition finally drops you down to ludicrously few defenders.

Last week we complained about the TC non-prime-time zerg just running around capping unmanned keeps. If Yaks can actually give them something other than unbreakable defenses at a single location then they shouldn’t be able to take such a wide lead, or they may not lead at all.

E: I’m not certain that HoD particularly transferred onto TC but they had definitely lost almost all of their WvW players. They had absolutely no presence on the map, except for the odd hour or two where they would go cap a few towers or their home borderland while TC was zerging elsewhere. It was 1v1 during prime time and when we were burning the midnight oil, always.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Hekatombaion.4320)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Good luck YB. You’re really gonna need to put in the hard yards overnight.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

From what I’d heard, the HoD people had transferred to Blackgate. I haven’t heard of any of them coming here to TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

http://www.gw2guilds.org/movers/us shows TC got 2 guilds from HoD and one from ET. Of course, these are only the registered guilds.

And CD’s night crew tend to PvDoor down whole maps against like 5 people. They went 40 v 8 yesterday on their own borderlands last matchup, capped everything back then left it all undefended.. So TC just rallied about 15 people and capped it all back. They they came back 2 hours later and did 40 v 8 again.

Not sure why people complain about TC doing it, especially at night when our nightcrews are barely enough to defend.

On another note, possibly the first golem zerg of the match goes to CD on their own borderlands, attacking TC’s Hills keep. They used about 5 or 6 golems on a wooden door, but ignored the oil above said door. Most of the golems where half or less by the time they made it through, and TC’s zerg rocked up and just finished them all off after the broke inside.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Time for CD to spend hours and hours camping the JP entrance like usual.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Current scores are;

TC 4671 +280
Yaks 4164 +215
CD 4144 +220

I expect CD to pull ahead later on though, CD’s night crew always seems to turn up in force, but it will be interesting to see how they fair with 2 decent servers, instead of only 1 like last week.

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

the match up is a little unbalanced after TC got a huge server transfer from HoD. CD is very aggressive and held well last week. We will see who will win.

TC hasn’t gotten any significant transfers of players since launch. We just have a lot of players who are hitting level 80 and starting to get interested in WvW.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

This looks to be a great matchup. Everyone is having to fight hard for every inch of ground.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Oh hey. My classmate’s in CD. Wonder if I’ll run into him. Let’s have a good match everyone.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

CD only wins because of the huge zergs they have. It’s never about skill with them. I hope they are last place this week for camping the jumping puzzle.

Yeah don’t worry, people on TC decided not to put up with that kitten either and hunted them out of the JP and camped any hostile CD out of it. I personally give leeway in the JP, but if you act hostile, you’ll wish you hadn’t. I don’t know what it is for CD that gives them such a hardcore erection out of camping the JP, it’s definitely not for trolling when our crew roll in and kick you out. YB, if you’re cool, we’ll be cool.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in WvW

Hexgame.4802

I’ve been leaving TC alone in the JP, unless they attack me first. In fact, earlier on my alt, Myself and a few other YB followed TC through the whole puzzle, They didn’t attack us, we didn’t attack them. We both cleared CD from the top of the puzzle.

It seems to always be the same guilds camping. [BEAR] [DiRe] and [TMJR] I think its time we cleared them out again seeing as they have been camping for 3 hours now.

What do you say TC?

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Topology.8931

Topology.8931

Score update for anyone interested:

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend – Toposword 80 Warrior [TPR]

in WvW

Hexgame.4802

TC IS stil a Zerg Server WTG guyz You all Suck kitten 12/12!~!!!!!

Tell your server to stop camping the JP, then maybe you might have enough to combat said zergs. You literally have about 15 people camping in there.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Yeash, relax will ya? We’ll all have our own zerg moments, CD is about to turn into a storm. TC and YB brace yourselves!

in WvW

Posted by: xxHellBladexx.9163

xxHellBladexx.9163

well im getting really sick of all the campers in the JQ, i cant make any progress without getting shot at by a 5v1 group…

in WvW

Posted by: Queenie.3582

Queenie.3582

TC are running around like headless chickens, so I doubt any lead we have will be kept overnight, much less the next few hours.

in WvW

Posted by: Curvs.9183

Curvs.9183

Ok, the mentality of camping the JP is to prevent the other servers to get easy siege. if you can stem the flow of easy, free siege, then why not? I personally don’t camp them, or even do the jump puzzles. I go to WvW to PvP, not jump around for a chest :p

All the tier 2+ servers do it, same with camping spawns. Keep the enemy down, cut their siege, cut their supplies, and they have much more work to do to become a factor. Ruthless/boring/annoying, yes, but it’s a strategy with proven effectiveness.

With that said, the only time CD really has a big zerg on all maps, is oceanic times. It’s 12:30 EST, and we have no queue on any map that i tried. Maybe 5 mins max. So if you play in the hours ahead of now…say 3-4 am est, then you’ll be catching that zerg. Maybe earlier since it’s the weekend. It seems like we’ve lost a lot of NA coverage, and have been slipping in that time frame for weeks. Our server is just so PvE centric…i swear, all the popular zones are camped/zerged/overflowed out sometimes it seems. I’ve only ever seen Arah down once, in my normal play hour, and 40+ people LFG outside, when WvW has like, 15 on each map.

Still though, these are the two servers i’ve enjoyed playing the most in the past, in TC and YB. Regardless of time, or numbers (screw the score), I’ll be out there in WvW.

Commander, Curvsaplenty – Mesmer
Happy Tree of w0t0 [w0t0] -Crystal Desert-

in WvW

Hexgame.4802

Ok, the mentality of camping the JP is to prevent the other servers to get easy siege. if you can stem the flow of easy, free siege, then why not? I personally don’t camp them, or even do the jump puzzles. I go to WvW to PvP, not jump around for a chest :p

So you’re saying its a smart move to have 20 or so members camp the JP while they are currently losing to prevent other servers from getting to siege their already lost towers and eventually keeps?

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

And thus begins another week of war. Looking forward to some epic battles. <salute>

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

in WvW

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

All the tier 2+ servers do it, same with camping spawns. Keep the enemy down, cut their siege, cut their supplies, and they have much more work to do to become a factor. Ruthless/boring/annoying, yes, but it’s a strategy with proven effectiveness.

This is such a silly, shallow excuse. People camp the jumping puzzle because they want to grief and make other players as miserable as possible. Then, because they’re absolutely spineless, they try to “justify” such behavior by saying it’s a good and helpful tactic. No. Depriving the enemy of siege is the last thing on a puzzle camper’s mind, regardless of what they say to the contrary. They are only there to anger and frustrate other people.

It happens in top tier servers because top tier servers always attract the greatest number of dishonorable jerks. You don’t think a top tier server has enough wealthy people to always have plenty of siege? People getting a couple “free” blueprints is never going to make a drop of difference on the battlefield. Supply is always the limiting factor when it comes to siege, not blueprints.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As a reminder to everyone, please keep this thread friendly, civil and productive.

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

The fights this evening have been ridiculous. I’ve been on the CD borderland and there’s been so much back and forth around the Bay it’s been amazing. Hat tip to CD. Certainly feels the battle will be won on strategic use of supply rather than mindless zerging.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

Our server is just so PvE centric…i swear, all the popular zones are camped/zerged/overflowed out sometimes it seems. I’ve only ever seen Arah down once, in my normal play hour, and 40+ people LFG outside, when WvW has like, 15 on each map.

Still though, these are the two servers i’ve enjoyed playing the most in the past, in TC and YB. Regardless of time, or numbers (screw the score), I’ll be out there in WvW.

It’s been great so far. I was looking forward to this match I hope you all do well and everyone has fun

however I had to reply to one part of this post specifically. Your calling out a weakness on your server due to it’s PvE nature…. yet TC is the unofficial RP server. There was a commander on the field a couple of nights ago(TC) that was roleplaying in the EB. really i’m not sure you can call your server PvE side a weakness. The lack of full coverage sure, but not against the TC on PvE. :P

good luck everyone and may the fun be with you.

I don’t need no stinking signature.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Can we just have a good match and keep the insults to a minimum? All three of these servers are very evenly matched. Finally, we are no more zergy than CD or YB, and in fact YB may have more players than we do, at least in this timezone (current NA primetime).

Having fun in YB BL. Good fun. See you on the field.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: OldFrightful.2469

OldFrightful.2469

Omega golems don’t need to be planted directly against a gate …

Negean Prime – PiNK Officer [Tarnished Coast]

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

it’s been pretty intense so far. we screwed up on the TC borderlands and defended the bay instead of our extremely well prepared northern tower, and ended up losing them both and got stuck in a several hour long garrison defense against both teams. we finally managed to get that tower back and all the holes in the garrison patched up though. and all this is before CD’s vampires come out to swarm. currently, the score is the closest i’ve ever seen one be. this should be a very very interesting match.

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

We’ll see what will happens after the night is gone. Go Yak’s Bend!

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Martin.1906

Martin.1906

I’m really tired of hearing people complain about the jump puzzles being camped. I mean, really? The jump puzzles are located on a PvP map, what did you think would happen? If you aren’t prepared and willing to fight your way and perhaps even die trying, you shouldn’t even be there. Complaining about people fighting for dominance over the chest is like complaining that the other team is defending their keep instead of letting you flip it. I mean, if there’s no risk in trying to get what’s in the chest, ANet might as well just send it to you for free, right?

Level 80 Mesmer – Jordrith
Malum Factum [MF]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Seems so far that Yak’s Bend has the best night crew. Waiting for CD’s night crew to log on and we’ll see what goes down.

in WvW

Posted by: Felidire.2861

Felidire.2861

We did have a few people xfer to TC last week, not sure why though (and I doubt they’ll stick around for too long.)

I’m not sure how much YB’s WvW crew has changed in recent days, but yeah, I fully expect YB to take 1st and TC to take 2nd this week. (I don’t like YB much, personally, and i’d love to see them in 3rd place by the week’s end- but I seriously doubt that’s gonna happen!) =P

Good luck to CD, I think you guys may have a slightly more difficult time against red than us.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I said to the Guild: this is how WvW was meant to be played. The open field fights have been some of the best yet. Without the orbs, and very evenly matched.

The difference in this match is going to be coverage, and not skill, as it seems evenly matched.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: OldFrightful.2469

OldFrightful.2469

Score update as of 1 AM server.

Attachments:

Negean Prime – PiNK Officer [Tarnished Coast]

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

This has got to be one of the best match-ups ever!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I enjoy matches like this. Where ground really needs to be held and defended and things can swing back and forth between generally equal servers (taking into account differing strategies, coverage times, etc).

A bit disheartened to see some of the back and forth in this thread already. I hope we keep this week’s discussion and, of course, the fighting itself animated but mutually respectful. I have a lot of pride in TC and the general sense of identity we have but I also respect our opponents as capable and canny. I say we enjoy this, all realms, win or lose, and just have a good battle.

in WvW

Posted by: altqq.8376

altqq.8376

after last match up, CD continuously losing more WvWer and commanders. Our regular kick off push in enemy borderlands was resolved to barely defending our own borderland garrison with no commander and mindless zergs. Morale is low.

in WvW

Posted by: freess.6820

freess.6820

score update….

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Some double team action in our borderlands. Smart. But we’ll adjust. Regardless, the next few days will have a lot of flip flopping. CD borderlands seems either locked down or people just don’t care ATM.

Lots of good action so far, although the mesmer portal into our bay (I assume it was that and not magic) was a bit disheartening. Least YB actually made the press on Sharadan. Exciting, even with some pushback currently.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Okay, this was my first real test of being a “commander with an icon” it has been, hard, to say the least! But I am having a blast. Here are some score cards at roughly even times throughout the night so far!

And things have been very interesting! Lets make this week something to remember.

Imgur: http://i.imgur.com/s4AJU.jpg

And attached VVV

Attachments:

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

As someone previously stated, CD’s main zerg seems to be around this time right now, as evidenced by the score card lineup that was just attached.
Oh, and in response to the golem army: yes, we do love our siege here. Been here a few weeks now and its the most siege-heavy server I’ve ever seen.

in WvW

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Fantastic fights last night on Yak’s Bend borderland. My guild stayed mostly on the border between Arah’s, which we held for a while (an hour?), and the Northwest Tower. The Yak’s team tested our defenses several times from different directions, and we held up well, but they learned from their losses. Yak’s finally put up some really well-defended siege on top of the tower’s vista, wiped out all our siegery in the camp and flooded in.

It seemed that CD was flooding up the east side of the same map, so there must have been good pressure and great fights on all 3 fronts.

Funniest moment of the night was when we snaked up on the ledge behind the NW tower. We were happily banging away at the siege above us, and one guy from Yak’s jumps down, hits fear, and my guild turns into the Tarnished Coast Synchronized Diving Team. All of us off the cliff, and you could see us flying (well, I prefer to call it flying) side-by-side, until suffering deceleration trauma when we failed to stick the landing.

We adapted to that, but Yak’s soon counter-adapted by keeping us off that cliff altogether.

Well-fought last night, everyone!

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sorrow.7384

Sorrow.7384

So far this has been some fantastic PVP. Kudos to both CD and TC for some great fights and epic sieges. It’s been absolutely tough out there!

The lead point tick has been jumping around all night (well, morning technically). It’s going to be a long week if it stays like this, but it sure as hell won’t be boring.

Keep up the good work, all!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sorrow.7384

Sorrow.7384

Here is a score update from 5:46am PST

Attachments:

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Ok so, right now, if you’re in TC borderlands you’ll see a 40 man zerg PvDooring. Want to know why?

We just defended the garrison with a skeleton crew from both CD and Yak’s trebbing it at the same time, with breaches, and fending them off to the point where they completely gave up.

So we just get to karma train around our own borderlands, reclaiming what is rightfully ours.

Brilliant job to everyone defending, and a perfectly close matchup so far.

TC wins NA, Yaks wins Oceanic, and CD wins Euro.

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Ok so, right now, if you’re in TC borderlands you’ll see a 40 man zerg PvDooring. Want to know why?

We just defended the garrison with a skeleton crew from both CD and Yak’s trebbing it at the same time, with breaches, and fending them off to the point where they completely gave up.

So we just get to karma train around our own borderlands, reclaiming what is rightfully ours.

Brilliant job to everyone defending, and a perfectly close matchup so far.

TC wins NA, Yaks wins Oceanic, and CD wins Euro.

That was an amazing fight. An opposing army at both the NE and NW walls, with breaches in both walls, and we held them both off! Very well done Coast!

This is an amazing matchup so far. Well fought Yaks/CD!

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

The battle at the TC Garrison was nothing short of amazing, that is really all that needs to be said about it.
Good job to all three servers!

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

CD, what the hell is going on at Stonemist right now? You’ve been smashing your faces against it for the last 2 and a half hours and no siege in sight! The fighting and skirmishes around the SE wall and pushing you back into Valley have been amazing!

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!