12/14: SoS vs JQ vs SBI - Scores/Discussion

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Q:

What is the latest score report?
I will be using the answer feature to move score updates to the top.

Discussion is welcome because last week the score topic died since not enough scores were submitted. I’m sure plenty of people would like to see updates on how their server is doing during the week.

Alternative (sometimes updated) score list can be found at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Slander, accusations of exploits, etc, should be left out of this. Let’s keep up the good spirit of competition.

Good luck to all!

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

A:

Score update 12:01 PM server time

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Yup let’s just keep it in 1 single thread.

Very close call on the last 10 hours of the last match. I wonder if the landscape has shifted on JQ server?

I want to congratulate Sea of Sorrows on their victory as #1 champion in WvW for 4 straight weeks in a row. You are proven that without one time event distracting our opponents, without opponent burnout, without ex-HOD holding our hands, you are still able to hold your ground and win. Last week proved that we are a true community. Your legacy is solid.

A shout out to MERC, normally I don’t shout out to my own guild…but you guys proved to be amazing last night. More than anything I had ever dreamed of. Even when your lazy guild leader went to sleep. You guys kept fighting hard, in full force. Even when you stupid guild leader couldn’t do the maths and was confused if we were going to lose or not, you said “who cares let’s just keep fighting”. Extra pat on the shoulders to the officers, when I said hardcore, I didn’t mean THIS hardcore, lol.

And so we begin another week…

P.S. I would also like to apologize for acting like a jerk at one point last night, that’s what happens when you play for over 18 hours I guess. My last few hours was wandering around aimlessly without the ability to make speech on VoIP….

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

What is the latest score report?
I will be using the answer feature to move score updates to the top.

Discussion is welcome because last week the score topic died since not enough scores were submitted. I’m sure plenty of people would like to see updates on how their server is doing during the week.

Alternative (sometimes updated) score list can be found at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Slander, accusations of exploits, etc, should be left out of this. Let’s keep up the good spirit of competition.

Good luck to all!

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

WvW is dead to me for the next two weeks. Those that venture in, good luck and have fun, keep it interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

@Jedahs, don’t worry about it, your team should be used to all that by now, I know mine is

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jahva.1895

Jahva.1895

Ugh. It’s painful fighting for JQ at the moment.

Today I watched 90% of our zerg run off to fight the grub on EB. Meanwhile, we lost half the EB map. Folks were prioritizing 8 badges over fighting as a zerg. (Yes, badge drops are that poor, ArenaNet.) Within a half hour, we lost the keep on EB, just as we were getting a WayPoint.

It boggles my mind how ArenaNet has managed to make PvE more compelling content than PvP in a game called “Guild Wars”.

Before the patch last night, we were hanging in there. I came back from the patch to find they’d allowed the score to tick while nobody was on the map. After that, we just didn’t have the numbers.

To arms JQ; check the score!

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

@ Jahva

Your grub is not the problem.

JQ came within 4k of 1st so SoS will make a point of keeping JQ down, concurrently SBI will want to ensure that they stay t1 so they will hit against JQ to maintain that. This will continue for the rest of the week unless significant changes occur and SBI creates an unassailable lead over JQ in 2nd. Most likely next week it will be SBI getting doubled teamed.

I wonder if anyone at ArenaNet is familiar with Games Theory. If they did they’d recognise the pointlessness of ‘outbreak’ it’s a small fix to a much bigger problem.

You can’t stop human behaviour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

(edited by SoPP.7034)

in WvW

Posted by: Trash.9524

Trash.9524

lol Jq going for some pve!

in WvW

Aieo.2815

Score update 12:34 PM Server time

Attachments:

Effing rallybot

in WvW

CarelessKrow.8032

I think everyone here is kinda burned out from that Friday push. We weren’t able to pass SoS in score, but it was a ridiculous amount of fun for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

@ Jahva

JQ came within 4k of 1st so SoS will make a point of keeping JQ down, concurrently SBI will want to ensure that they stay t1 so they will hit against JQ to maintain that. This will continue for the rest of the week unless significant changes occur and SBI creates an unassailable lead over JQ in 2nd. Most likely next week it will be SBI getting doubled teamed.

I wonder if anyone at ArenaNet is familiar with Games Theory. If they did they’d recognise the pointlessness of ‘outbreak’ it’s a small fix to a much bigger problem.

Oh, because in prior weeks SoS has gone easy on JQ? LOL. Nice theory, not much truth however. 2v1 scenarios pop up all the time, to all three servers…that is nothing new. My guess is alot of peeps are doing this Wintersday event thing, or maybe just taking a breather. It’s been a good 3-4 straight weeks of tough fighting since SoS came to T1.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Im loving the new “repair to 10% before going up”

We walked into SMC and snatched it back within 30 minutes of losing….with absolute zero resistance because you guys forgot to repair the gate to 10%, hehe

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

There have been some great fights the last few weeks. I am not affiliated with any WvW guild and I see people from all sorts of guilds playing great and having fun. This game is still alive.

The last few hours of last week SoS had many first timers out in WvW. It was great fun and hopefully all the communities can generate the same interest in WvW now and then.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

2v1 lowlands fail. Most fun I’ve had this week though, keep it up.

(edited by transtemporal.2158)

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

You know JQ had to of not been happy, they did everything in there power to give SBI the keep and we still repealed them.

Maybe next time JQ will come in and do there own dirty work instead of relying on others lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

You know JQ had to of not been happy, they did everything in there power to give SBI the keep and we still repealed them.

Maybe next time JQ will come in and do there own dirty work instead of relying on others lol.

This :`) just made my day you’re too naive, that jq partner said the most common complain but this is new, you have 0 idea of how WvW works XD

All classes

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

This :`) just made my day you’re too naive, that jq partner said the most common complain but this is new, you have 0 idea of how WvW works XD

I have no idea what you just said, but I’m gonna assume it was along the lines of “SoS is so awesome, you guys rock!”

Oh thank you, what a nice thing to say!

in WvW

elkirin.8534

This was a very interesting and amusing Link, thanks for posting it Jahva. IMHO, it would be fun to test some military professionals with this sort of scenario. I suggest the outcome would be slightly different than the site assumes.

Good fights all, do not assume wrong doing, play to enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I have no idea what you just said, but I’m gonna assume it was along the lines of “SoS is so awesome, you guys rock!”

Oh thank you, what a nice thing to say!

Sure no problem ^ ^ here in JQ, show ourselves to others as “the best server” is not neccesary, we are not that egocentric :P you can even call yourselves the best server :o whatever floats your boat buddy

All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

@ Jahva

Sounds a bit over-analytic to me to say that this situation is happening in WvW. There are really much more straight forward ways on deciding what to do strategically. A prisoner’s dilemma would only exist in your mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Erzulee.1862

Erzulee.1862

A tale of sorrow,
neverending
presents explode

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Sounds a bit over-analytic to me to say that this situation is happening in WvW. There are really much more straight forward ways on deciding what to do strategically. A prisoner’s dilemma would only exist in your mind.

Over-analytical? I’d argue that’s an over simplification but it’s still possible.

Exists only in my mind? The whole point of a theory is to explain something. Given the people and institutions involved it’s an aspect of Games Theory that should be considered.

While people like to think they are independent vessels of change, if you place them into a scenario with specific conditions in place you will find people uniformly behave the same each time.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Over-analytical? I’d argue that’s an over simplification but it’s still possible.

Exists only in my mind? The whole point of a theory is to explain something. Given the people and institutions involved it’s an aspect of Games Theory that should be considered.

While people like to think they are independent vessels of change, if you place them into a scenario with specific conditions in place you will find people uniformly behave the same each time.

I’m not saying the theory exists only in one’s mind or that humans don’t exhibit behavioral patterns when given the same set or circumstances.

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Had some fun on JQ and SoS borderlands the last 4 hours or so

Nice job holding out in Dawn’s as you did JQ, you had us auto attacking that door to death from 50%, you have no idea how painful that was. We finally got it, but it was nicely done for a “last stand” effort.

SoS borderlands had some fun for a bit as well, pushed JQ off the map a couple of times but we couldn’t muster the forces to take out bay or hills from SoS. Eventually, SBI got tired and SoS pushed everyone off.

Keep up the fun fights

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Aieo.2815

Score update 4:13 PM server time

Attachments:

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Score update 4:13 PM server time

How do I post it as an answer? I dont see the option to do that

in WvW

Aieo.2815

OP chooses the answer. It is not within my power to do so.

Effing rallybot

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Some great fights, those presents are very distracting though…

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Some great fights, those presents are very distracting though…

I made the mistake of leaving my treb unattended near a present. Needless to say someone didn’t feel like killing the dolls and my treb felt their wraith

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

update /15char

Attachments:

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

update /15char

Yes cause SBI got 2v1ed all night long.

Attachments:

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

update /15char

And here it starts…..

in WvW

Posted by: Hime.5187

Hime.5187

score update:

15char

Attachments:

Shiroyuki [OnS] Onslaught
Sneaky thief of SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

update /15char

are you surprised? JQ wants to move up to second and we want to stop you from gaining on us.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I saw an [AGG] Thief hanging around the north supply camp, then I heard him laugh and this giant sized snowflake fell and almost killed me. I think he cut the string and dropped it trying to hurt me! This is serious guys!!! I could have been killed!

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

hey guys J E R I C O here, been some great stuff so far i’ll post what i’ve recorded..

So on friday we were on sbi borderlands and held Bay until jedbacca fell asleep and full capped shortly after this video ends

On saturday, we had our hands full for a straight 4 hours +, being pushed by both jade quarry and stormbluff on opposite sides at the same time with huge force. It was pretty overwhelming, but we managed to turn the tide after yes… 4 hours.

… fun stuff

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I saw an [AGG] Thief hanging around the north supply camp, then I heard him laugh and this giant sized snowflake fell and almost killed me. I think he cut the string and dropped it trying to hurt me! This is serious guys!!! I could have been killed!

Dat textures

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

The big push on Friday by JQ was a blast and the fights last night in SM with both SBI and JQ were tons of fun.

This weekend was a lot of fun overall.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

CarelessKrow.8032

I feel like I could just drag a zerg to the presents then let them kill themselves on those princess dolls.

New tactics!

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

“That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.”

shakes fist

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

Jerico, don’t worry I got the recordings for saturday n sunday

in WvW

Aieo.2815

Score update 10:46 AM server time

Attachments:

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

I am really hoping JQ continues to take a break from WvW, just so we can get put against new servers. Sick of seeing the same 2-3 servers every week for the last 2 months.

in WvW

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

All servers get to tier 1 and number 1, take a screenshot of it, realize THAT screenshot was the whole prize of being #1 in Tier 1 and quit.

JQ is so far the only server that stood since release in Tier 1, I don’t know why are we still holding there.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Jerico, don’t worry I got the recordings for saturday n sunday

Dat kitten Dem vids.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

All servers get to tier 1 and number 1, take a screenshot of it, realize THAT screenshot was the whole prize of being #1 in Tier 1 and quit.

JQ is so far the only server that stood since release in Tier 1, I don’t know why are we still holding there.

Have you guys not fallen to tier 2 at all? It’s been so long I can’t remember.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

They did a cpl times to our one time

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Have you guys not fallen to tier 2 at all? It’s been so long I can’t remember.

They’ve absolutely fallen to tier 2 for at least one week, perhaps two.

I can’t remember if SBI has fallen to tier 2 more recently than JQ. We might have also had one week, then right back.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

JQ, i am disappoint. y u no do werk.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood