12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

I am sorry Yak for you have to go through all this whining :’(. Trust me, we have been there.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Are things really that bad in your forums that both TC and CD have to come to ours….

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

awww…relax. You asking this question makes it more enjoyable for us to come visit.

You are invited to join our forum too!

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

It’s sad that so many people here are replacing CD with Yaks for your latest subject of ridicule of being unskilled or whatever because you can’t beat these servers. Without exception, losers calling out winners just look silly.

It is not “so many” people. Its a few forum warriors who don’t know when to stop running their mouths. I have barely seen these guys in game so I don’t know where the hell all this noise is coming from. I’ve seen Bunzy a grand total of once and all he was doing was camping a lone supply camp in a dead borderland. The only reason I know who Bunzy is at all is because he made a ridiculous thread on this forum about how heart seeker should be nerfed.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

I swear does every single Maguuma person in the game dance/sit on your face/whatever else they can think of every time they kill someone?

I mean come on, its one thing if its an epic battle that lasts 5 minutes, but jumping someone who is semi afk and killing them in 5 seconds “really” worthy of celebration?

Here is a free hint, if someone never hits you back, odds are you didn’t do anything worth celebrating.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Martrim.1078

Martrim.1078

I swear does every single Maguuma person in the game dance/sit on your face/whatever else they can think of every time they kill someone?

I mean come on, its one thing if its an epic battle that lasts 5 minutes, but jumping someone who is semi afk and killing them in 5 seconds “really” worthy of celebration?

Here is a free hint, if someone never hits you back, odds are you didn’t do anything worth celebrating.

i do it when i kill a heartseeker spammer, if they can’t even kill me using the cheapest and most skillless tactic in the game they deserve a good “dance on the face”

if only Anet would let us teabag…….

Takara Chan ~ (Thief)
Tamoko Chan ~ (Necro)
[PYRO] #MagSwag

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Its not a celebration and we don’t celebrate beating people up in voice comms. I’m at pains to remind people in voice comms of this and the importance of observing what our opponents do right and wrong (because you can learn something from observing literally anyone, even if they get it catastrophically wrong).

The /laugh spikes are more about pumping up our own players and giving them a sense of invincibility. We usually fight heavily outnumbered and down on points. I mean we have fought Sea of Sorrows 2.0 x1, Tarnished Coast x1, Fort Aspenwood x3, Crystal Desert x2 and Darkhaven x3 (the first 2x times they were alot bigger than us but unfortunately they lost alot of players after that). We are currently in a bracket where we can expect to be double nightcapped from this point on. We can take some consolation in the fact that it will never be as bad as fighting Sea of Sorrows 2.0 – a match where we were nearly 300,000 points down by Wednesday and held 0 PPT over night/during the work day, every day.

If we don’t fire up our players we can and do suffer from terminal morale decline, which I’m sure you are familiar with. We /laugh spiked [BP] many times yesterday but its not a knock on [BP]. [BP] did a very scary offensive on our borderlands yesterday that you need to put into perspective. They had like 40 to 50 players with [BP] tags on constantly hitting our keeps and garrison. 40 to 50! Thats 3 to 5 times more players than any single guild on Maguuma is capable of fielding on any given day.

Many WvW guilds can and have abandoned ship when they have to face hopelessly overpowering coverage nearly every week.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Raydigi.2968

Raydigi.2968

If we don’t fire up our players we can and do suffer from terminal morale decline, which I’m sure you are familiar with. We /laugh spiked [BP] many times yesterday but its not a knock on [BP]. [BP] did a very scary offensive on our borderlands yesterday that you need to put into perspective. They had like 40 to 50 players with [BP] tags on constantly hitting our keeps and garrison. 40 to 50! Thats 3 to 5 times more players than any single guild on Maguuma is capable of fielding on any given day.

It was fun doing battle in your BL Saturday/Sunday. There were some very intense fights, and look forward to more!

Thelonius Wolfgang
Engineer
[BP] Blood Pact, Ehmry Bay

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Warning don’t feed the Bunzy troll, it only gets worse… Just look at her history of posts!

Back on topic, as the TC poster said YB has some very skilled players and solid defensive tactics. Keep up the good fight, even if half your Wv3 pop is doing PVE lol!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I hope Bunzy keeps talking kitten. Maybe eventually people will get sick of it and actually put together a competitive group that can put up a challenging fight. Or at least try to get better soloing.

That’s why I have so much trouble playing this game. There’s just no challenge in the pvp. The good players are so few and far between that I’m lucky if I get a single good fight in a session. Playing ’let’s see how many zerglings I can kill at once’ gets stale pretty fast at this point.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

I hope Bunzy keeps talking kitten. Maybe eventually people will get sick of it and actually put together a competitive group that can put up a challenging fight. Or at least try to get better soloing.

That’s why I have so much trouble playing this game. There’s just no challenge in the pvp. The good players are so few and far between that I’m lucky if I get a single good fight in a session. Playing ’let’s see how many zerglings I can kill at once’ gets stale pretty fast at this point.

If you want intense good group of players who put up a competitive fight you need to go into the actual pvp. WvW is control of maps, keeps, towers and a castle played out on a large scale…..hence the big numbers and lack of good single players all alone waiting on you to fight them

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

Thread cliffnotes

Maguuma: Yak does nothing but zerg.
Yak: No we don’t.
Maguuma: Please for the love of god respect our elementalists and thieves.
Ehmry: I hate Maguuma.

Maguuma and Ehmry Bay are like brothers!
We don’t hate each other, its a love/hate relationship.
Apart from SM and Guam I have no problem with anyone from Ebay.

Also to people saying they can’t find us, you might have to leave your spawn point once in awhile.

Lol, why don’t you like [Guam]?

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Except that there’s not much difference in skill between wvw and spvp. The floor is definitely higher, but that’s about it. Maybe paid tpvp, but any kind of tournament pvp requires having a full group and enjoying the kitten conquest mode.

It’s 100% possible for a ‘wvw’ game to have a flourishing roaming scene. It just needs to be encouraged to grow. I’m just hoping that once you people who are new to that kind of gameplay start to get bored, some of you start looking into the more competitive aspects of pvp.

Maguuma

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Thread cliffnotes

Maguuma: Yak does nothing but zerg.
Yak: No we don’t.
Maguuma: Please for the love of god respect our elementalists and thieves.
Ehmry: I hate Maguuma.

Maguuma and Ehmry Bay are like brothers!
We don’t hate each other, its a love/hate relationship.
Apart from SM and Guam I have no problem with anyone from Ebay.

Also to people saying they can’t find us, you might have to leave your spawn point once in awhile.

Lol, why don’t you like [Guam]?

A bunch of zerglings that mock people when they have the 10:1 number ratio but if you ever catch them with equal numbers they are the first to run away.

They are lucky I wasn’t recording when they sent 10-12 people after 2 of us, it would of made a very funny video.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

That’s pretty much why you play paid tournaments. The level of skill is a huge cry from that in WvW where the majority of people play for rewards and are rarely in organized groups.

Honestly, the game is extremely unbalanced for real fights right now which is why sPvP dying and no one streams this game anymore. If I had my choice, I’d put together a team of 4 elementalists and 1 support mesmer running perpetual might, fury, swiftness, protection, and never lose a single fight.

The only fun in WvW is that siege and walls help equalize groups of players regardless of class and puts a focus on supply wars. If you were honestly in this game for real competition, it’s not there yet, and you should be playing LoL, DotA, SC2, Halo, or CoD for legitimate respect.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Warning don’t feed the Bunzy troll, it only gets worse… Just look at her history of posts!

Back on topic, as the TC poster said YB has some very skilled players and solid defensive tactics. Keep up the good fight, even if half your Wv3 pop is doing PVE lol!

Bunzy is not a girl -.-

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rimalder.6735

Rimalder.6735

And now for something completely different: the score.

Attachments:

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

for roaming to be a legit strat, they need to take out downed state. only then can you successfully take on larger numbers with a small group.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

And now for something completely different: the score.

Wow – that is new… will have to remember to push blue NATZ more than red now.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Who needs skill when we have numbers! – YB OFFICIAL MOTTO.
This is why they got stomped in Tier 3, because without having a major numbers advantage they were lost and didn’t know what to do.

None of the servers in this matchup were stomped in Tier 3.

The only reason a server moved from T3 to T4 was because CD had a blowout victory in T4 and had to move up. FA and Yak’s had less than a 10k point difference at the end of the match. Yaks even scored higher than FA at times.

The more you know!

FA has less of a population then YB does, this is what makes it funny!

YB had the least population out of TC/CD/FA/YB (it’s in that order). And they didn’t “get stomped” in T3. They did just as well compared to CD and FA.

It’s a sad state of affairs when YB are being branded as a zerg server with no skill in tier 4 because we considered them the exact opposite of that in T3.

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

dreztina.4820

That’s pretty much why you play paid tournaments. The level of skill is a huge cry from that in WvW where the majority of people play for rewards and are rarely in organized groups.

Honestly, the game is extremely unbalanced for real fights right now which is why sPvP dying and no one streams this game anymore. If I had my choice, I’d put together a team of 4 elementalists and 1 support mesmer running perpetual might, fury, swiftness, protection, and never lose a single fight.

The only fun in WvW is that siege and walls help equalize groups of players regardless of class and puts a focus on supply wars. If you were honestly in this game for real competition, it’s not there yet, and you should be playing LoL, DotA, SC2, Halo, or CoD for legitimate respect.

I don’t want respect, just competition. Roaming pvp is my favorite type of pvp by far; it’s why I played DAoC for so ridiculously long. I’m going to keep hoping that eventually people will start getting bored of pveing guards and doors and start looking for something more competitive. It happened in DAoC, and, given time, it may happen here as well.

Maguuma

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Jamaz.9837

I’m amazed that players never get tired of blaming losses on numbers when numbers directly correlate to a server’s rank anyway. I can say with an accurate assumption that Yak’s Bend is actually the least populated of Tier 3 just because they’re here fighting us right now.

The same trolls are whining and moaning about YB outmanning us in this matchup, but they actually only field a few more dozen guys in each borderland during the evening. If they believe their server truly deserved to win this matchup, they’d have put in the extra hours or had coordinated groups to hold enemy territory for extended periods of time which never happened.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Halo/CoD =/= skillful.. Those games are by far some of the most dumbed down shooters out there.

sPvP usually has more people playing it at one time than 3 servers have in a WvWmatch. Hardly call it dying. And so-called roamers in WvW probably wouldn’t come close to the skill level of the srs spvpers.

[SU]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

People actually get bothered by /laugh and /dance? Heh…its just emotes…

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Jamaz.9837

I actually don’t believe Halo or CoD take the level of skill of shooters such as Counterstrike either, but they are featured in MLG, have a huge following, and have players that dedicate 80+ hours a week at it. It’s where the competition is at.

sPvP is dying. I bought this game to sPvP and had no interest in the MMO version until I started getting bored and attendance dropped substantially. During mornings, there are 2-3 servers out of the 325 that have people in them. During the evenings, it doesn’t even fill 40. Tournaments have a wait time of 5-15 minutes.

I agree though; any paid tournament team that can make it to silver or gold can destroy anyone I’ve ever played against in WvW.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Tatania.2704

Tatania.2704

The same thing can be said with verbal insults, or whatever, in game or forum. After all, they are just “words”. Right?

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sypsy.7318

Sypsy.7318

@Bunzy

You must understand, person-from-maguuma, that we’ve seen other guilds who enjoy celebrating their skill and organization in the forums. The most recent one that comes to mind is ULTD in FA. They were a force to be recognized, by people from TC & YB, and even had proof to back it up, though they didn’t need it because of how much talk they got from the servers.

Most importantly, they were pleasant in the forums and frowned upon derailment. They recognized the skill in TC & YB and complimented others.

Here’s a post from one of them linking one of their videos: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/11-16-TC-FA-YB/page/6#post815729

You’ll notice in another video they are actually taking towers and such, too.

So yeah, if you want to go about getting recognized by all the servers in the match, might I suggest you follow ULTD’s methodology. (Though really, they’re just having fun.) As a start, post some videos, we are expecting something to great to match your words. After that, start celebrating your opponents skills, it takes a different mindset, but it’s good sportsmanship and people enjoy it more. I could go on, but teaching someone on how to be liked vs demanding to be liked can’t be done in a post or anything. (I don’t say this maliciously, I just feel like you’re trying to achieve something but are not fully getting it.)

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

(edited by Sypsy.7318)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

The same thing can be said with verbal insults, or whatever, in game or forum. After all, they are just “words”. Right?

Sticks and stones may break my bones… but your emotes will never hurt me…

and yes, it is funny that people get bothered by /dance /cheer /laugh in wvw haha

[SU]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Jamaz.9837

I don’t want respect, just competition. Roaming pvp is my favorite type of pvp by far; it’s why I played DAoC for so ridiculously long. I’m going to keep hoping that eventually people will start getting bored of pveing guards and doors and start looking for something more competitive. It happened in DAoC, and, given time, it may happen here as well.

The issue is that roaming meta is extremely broken right now since group PvP is balanced around control point holding. My engineer can bunker with bombs and bandages, but there is no build that can fulfill optimized team fights in open field.

The roaming meta is based around classes that can molest fights by resetting – Elementalists, Thieves, and Mesmers. In a true arena environment, this wouldn’t be allowed or you’d be punished for it by surrendering an objective. Have you ever dueled in WoW and had a Mage polymorph you for 20 minutes until he could win? There wasn’t any feel of competition.

I would also love roaming to be incorporated into new WvW maps to have value or have it be highly competitive, but at the moment, the class imbalances make it extremely undesirable unless you have “the” best set up. And unfortunately, unlike sPvP, you can’t switch classes at your leisure.

(edited by Jamaz.9837)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Tatania.2704

and yes, it is funny that people get bothered by /dance /cheer /laugh in wvw haha

“Words” also doesn’t hurt really…

Plus I don’t think anybody is getting hurt over it. It’s more like “unsportmanship”?

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

“Words” also doesn’t hurt really…

Plus I don’t think anybody is getting hurt over it. It’s more like “unsportmanship”?

Video games aren’t known for high levels of maturity. Thick skin people…thick skin…

[SU]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

@Bunzy

You must understand, person-from-maguuma, that we’ve seen other guilds who enjoy celebrating their skill and organization in the forums. The most recent one that comes to mind is ULTD in FA. They were a force to be recognized, by people from TC & YB, and even had proof to back it up, though they didn’t need it because of how much talk they got from the servers.

Most importantly, they were pleasant in the forums and frowned upon derailment. They recognized the skill in TC & YB and complimented others.

Here’s a post from one of them linking one of their videos: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/11-16-TC-FA-YB/page/6#post815729

So yeah, if you want to go about getting recognized by all the servers in the match, might I suggest you follow ULTD’s methodology. (Though really, they’re just having fun.) As a start, post some videos, we are expecting something to great to match your words. After that, start celebrating your opponents skills, it takes a different mindset, but it’s good sportsmanship and people enjoy it more. I could go on, but teaching someone on how to be liked vs demanding to be liked can’t be done in a post or anything. (I don’t say this maliciously, I just feel like you’re trying to achieve something but are not fully getting it.)

The child named Bunzy and his minions cannot comprehend the truth you have stated.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I prefer sportsmanship myself.

If I do any emote at all, it is /bow or /salute when it was a good 1v1 fight. Otherwise I am on my merry way to find more challenges.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Vs a really skillful player I tend to not stomp, but rather ./bow and offer them a party invite to praise their prowess.

~Shadowkat

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

It’s sad that so many people here are replacing CD with Yaks for your latest subject of ridicule of being unskilled or whatever because you can’t beat these servers. Without exception, losers calling out winners just look silly.

It is not “so many” people. Its a few forum warriors who don’t know when to stop running their mouths. I have barely seen these guys in game so I don’t know where the hell all this noise is coming from. I’ve seen Bunzy a grand total of once and all he was doing was camping a lone supply camp in a dead borderland. The only reason I know who Bunzy is at all is because he made a ridiculous thread on this forum about how heart seeker should be nerfed.

I’ve seen him like twice, and once was at fight club where he started talking poop to me for my GOON tag ;_;

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Jamaz.9837

You’re a GOON, you deserve NOTHING.

But nah, honestly, I only remember GOON making up most of Maguuma’s WvW population – I’ve never hated them myself and just treated it as part of Maguuma’s identity. I was wondering what happened. Did most of you guys go back to Eve or move on to another game?

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Half of us quit and went onto whatever (I like how it’s always Eve) and the rest of us are working on legendaries so we can be super rad in WvW!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Exactly! glad to see we are on the same page.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

If they had kill spam like in DAoC then you would know us. But they don’t, so you will just have to wait till you run into us.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Tatania.2704

Exactly! glad to see we are on the same page.

Err..we are not? But whatever. More power to you. Hope you never encounter any insult with words from another in your life. If you do, hope you reflect back to this. Cheer !

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This is why they got stomped in Tier 3, because without having a major numbers advantage they were lost and didn’t know what to do.

The only reason a server moved from T3 to T4 was because CD had a blowout victory in T4 and had to move up. FA and Yak’s had less than a 10k point difference at the end of the match. Yaks even scored higher than FA at times.

The more you know!

YB had the least population out of TC/CD/FA/YB (it’s in that order). And they didn’t “get stomped” in T3. They did just as well compared to CD and FA.

It’s a sad state of affairs when YB are being branded as a zerg server with no skill in tier 4 because we considered them the exact opposite of that in T3.

If Yaks is a zerg server…then I don’t even want to know what TC would be called….

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

dreztina.4820

The issue is that roaming meta is extremely broken right now since group PvP is balanced around control point holding. My engineer can bunker with bombs and bandages, but there is no build that can fulfill optimized team fights in open field.

The roaming meta is based around classes that can molest fights by resetting – Elementalists, Thieves, and Mesmers. In a true arena environment, this wouldn’t be allowed or you’d be punished for it by surrendering an objective. Have you ever dueled in WoW and had a Mage polymorph you for 20 minutes until he could win? There wasn’t any feel of competition.

I would also love roaming to be incorporated into new WvW maps to have value or have it be highly competitive, but at the moment, the class imbalances make it extremely undesirable unless you have “the” best set up. And unfortunately, unlike sPvP, you can’t switch classes at your leisure.

Ya I don’t know what to say about the resetting. In 1v1 and small scale that really isn’t a problem, but in group fights it’s easy to duck out to regen to full while your team keeps them in combat. All they’d really have to do to fix it is make you be out of combat for like 10-15 seconds before you started regenning, and that’d make you choose between healing and leaving your group outnumbered for a fairly long time.

But 1v1 and smallscale stuff is pretty solid already. Ele, mesmer, and thief are definitely the best 1v1 classes, but they’re all relatively on par, and for groups, it’s pretty much always better to use different classes rather than just running all ele or something like that.

Imo, the biggest thing holding roaming back is just the lack of space. Everything is so cramped that you can’t really pull/push for very long without more people adding in.

But still, there are good fights to be had. This was a pretty enjoyable morning for me. I lost a 1v2 to a mesmer and guard, I lost a 2v2 to a thief/ele duo that were very well coordinated, and I had a bunch of duels with a skilled thief. There are good players in wvw, and the fights can be fun, I just wish it happened more often.

Edit: Oh and just to keep the drama going, every good fight I’ve had so far in the past week and some has been with EB. Still waiting for someone from Yak’s to actually put up a fight. I watched a sword ranger duel a bit and he did pretty well, but it’s hard to excel with a ranger.

Maguuma

(edited by dreztina.4820)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Sypsy.7318

Sypsy.7318

The more you know!

If Yaks is a zerg server…then I don’t even want to know what TC would be called….

Take the biggest yak’s “zerg” make everyone mesmers and have them all make 3 clones instantly. Then each of those clones does thieves guild. (Okay okay, maybe half of those clones does thieves guild.)

Now we are getting close to TC’s size. (I say this in jest, they were fun and well organized and were able to conjure up a lot of people for defending even remote supply camps)

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

@Bunzy

All I can say is I hope to verse FA one day so I can prove methodology doesn’t mean anything

also to the Thief/Ele duo with the tag [eBay] you should contact me
Very Impressed.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Besetment.9187

You’re a GOON, you deserve NOTHING.

But nah, honestly, I only remember GOON making up most of Maguuma’s WvW population – I’ve never hated them myself and just treated it as part of Maguuma’s identity. I was wondering what happened. Did most of you guys go back to Eve or move on to another game?

Something Awful is a forum with 160,000+ registered users. Many of them do not even play computer games. Of the ones that do, the majority do not and have never played Eve Online.

As far as I am aware, the majority of players I remember from the beginning are now playing other games – notably X-COM and Mechwarrior (but many have probably moved on from those at this stage).

Blood Pact alone is capable of fielding more people in one borderland than any single Maguuma guild x3.

There are also goons on many other servers (Tarnished Coast, Sea of Sorrows and Gandara are the ones I know of that have some organized presence). They do not want to wear a tag and do not want to advertise their extra curricular reading activities. They just want to play with their friends, do their own thing in their local timezone and they are perfectly entitled to.

The last time Goons exerted a dominant presence in WvW was like, the daily matches up to the first Maguuma/Yaks Bend/Ehmry Bay match. Shortly after that alot of the core players just gradually lost interest and went on to other things.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Goons disappeared after Jerkjerk stopped leading the zerg.

That was actually a weird transitional time for Mag because our 3 major commanders, that everybody respected, all took off at the same time.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

TC+mag bff 4 lyfe

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Jamaz.9837

^ Was setting up that response for last 4 hours.

Edit: Deleted the funny remark I was referring to. Shame.

(edited by Jamaz.9837)

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

You gotta respect that level of dedication.

12/14 - YB vs MG vs EB

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Ya I don’t know what to say about the resetting. In 1v1 and small scale that really isn’t a problem, but in group fights it’s easy to duck out to regen to full while your team keeps them in combat. All they’d really have to do to fix it is make you be out of combat for like 10-15 seconds before you started regenning, and that’d make you choose between healing and leaving your group outnumbered for a fairly long time.

But 1v1 and smallscale stuff is pretty solid already. Ele, mesmer, and thief are definitely the best 1v1 classes, but they’re all relatively on par, and for groups, it’s pretty much always better to use different classes rather than just running all ele or something like that.

Imo, the biggest thing holding roaming back is just the lack of space. Everything is so cramped that you can’t really pull/push for very long without more people adding in.

But still, there are good fights to be had. This was a pretty enjoyable morning for me. I lost a 1v2 to a mesmer and guard, I lost a 2v2 to a thief/ele duo that were very well coordinated, and I had a bunch of duels with a skilled thief. There are good players in wvw, and the fights can be fun, I just wish it happened more often.

Edit: Oh and just to keep the drama going, every good fight I’ve had so far in the past week and some has been with EB. Still waiting for someone from Yak’s to actually put up a fight. I watched a sword ranger duel a bit and he did pretty well, but it’s hard to excel with a ranger.

Was that thief/ele from [BP] guild? Cause we fought a 2v2 vs 2 eles that we weren’t sure we’d ever be able to take down. You guys are pro.

~Shadowkat