12/21 Yak's Bend/Maguuma/Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Close, Rhyis, however, we’re still going to be T4, just T4 red.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

This match has been a blast so far. I’ve never seen it stay this even for this long. Keep it up everyone!

Maguuma WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Close, Rhyis, however, we’re still going to be T4, just T4 red.

I just said it’s possible, not that it’s current happening. Atm we’re scraping by by the skin of our teeth. 7k points ahead of DB or something, which will change once the site is updated.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I have unfortunately found myself helping the realm lately. Sometimes you have to do things you don’t like to find people to kill. I’m balancing it out now by solo roaming and ignoring dolyaks, camps, and sentries, except to draw action.

So far, Yak’s is still being Yak’s. Same behavior as the last two weeks. Pretty much zero roamers, and if I find one, and win but let them live, they come back with multiples to try to kill me. Haven’t seen much from DB. Not sure if they just only roam in numbers high enough that I tend to avoid them, or if I’ve just missed their active hours. Seems like it’s a very polar server.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

Sick of db being called cheaters ive bee up till 5 in the morning and none cheated

btw yall do knwo when u make a biug report u can printscreen

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Dragonbrand has 2 speedhackers that I have seen, and I am not going to make accusations unless I am sure.

This obviously does not mean the entire server hacks. That is kittenderp if anyone thinks that. But there are QUITE A FEW glitching/exploiting/speedhacking+ players on Dragonbrand that we have not seen the likes of in our past matches.

It’s interesting to say the least

Even with that I think this will be a great matchup, the scores already reflect how close this week is

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

Thanks for the castle blows kisses

You’ll probably have it back in an hour

Attachments:

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Go Dragonbrand go!

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Dragonbrand has 2 speedhackers that I have seen, and I am not going to make accusations unless I am sure.

This obviously does not mean the entire server hacks. That is kittenderp if anyone thinks that. But there are QUITE A FEW glitching/exploiting/speedhacking+ players on Dragonbrand that we have not seen the likes of in our past matches.

Even with that I think this will be a great matchup, the scores already reflect how close this week is

I would like to say the same for mag players too. Seen a no clip teleporter charr, seen a no clip female norm, etc etc. Hey its only a few guys and they usually don’t hack in a group so it doesn’t worry me.

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Seeing the Yaks in third while both Mag and DB have taken the lead is really cool. Not as shocking as HoD taking the lead in their match, but pretty close. I really wonder what happened to YB. You guys are performing worse than DH did against the same opponents. What surprises me is that the server that wins their tier usually gets transfers. At the very least, the fairweathers come out to play. YB now should theoretically be a little stronger than the YB of the TC/FA/YB fights. That said, close matches are better. If YB isn’t going to move back up to T3, then it is better that they be more in line with the other T4 servers. Close matches are always the best. It’s a shame that either Mag or most likely DB will be kicked out because of the rating system.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

I would like to say the same for mag players too. Seen a no clip teleporter charr, seen a no clip female norm, etc etc. Hey its only a few guys and they usually don’t hack in a group so it doesn’t worry me.

If they are from [redt] guild that is a Crystal Desert hack kitten guild that possibly circlejerks on reddit about their exploiting

They transferred to Maguuma only in the past week or so, more than likely just to exploit and make it look like Maguuma does that.

Also if you ever see any Maguuma players exploiting/hacking/glitching please feel free to whisper me with some info. I actively/openly refuse spy help when I lead, I should hope that other commanders do the same too. The same goes for exploiting/glitching, I find out what mesmer portals us into a place before I have ever led a zerg into a Keep/Tower via portal; and even when others lead our zerg into said portals, I still find out who did that so I can make sure everything is kosher.

Mag 58,311 +270
DB 57,715 +230
YB 55,403 +195

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

Sick of db being called cheaters ive bee up till 5 in the morning and none cheated

btw yall do knwo when u make a biug report u can printscreen

That is a silly statement to make about “none cheated.” So you play 24 hours a day and are able to see what every player on your server is doing in every borderland?

I certainly don’t know of anyone cheating on my server. If I see someone doing it I would report them. But I would not be the slightest bit surprised that someone was cheating. EVERY server usually has some cheaters/hacker. No idea how you can be so certain yours does not.

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

-I really wonder what happened to YB
-You guys are performing worse than DH did against the same opponents
-What surprises me is that the server that wins their tier usually gets transfers
-At the very least, the fairweathers come out to play
-YB now should theoretically be a little stronger than the YB of the TC/FA/YB fights
-It’s a shame that either Mag or most likely DB will be kicked out because of the rating system.

Maybe it being the holiday period is a more simple and likely explanation?

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Only Yak’s Bend is affected by holidays, huh?

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

I have to say I am very impressed with the way kujalord and thefinal handled themselves in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

I knew that would be the retort

Perhaps yes, or at least more so. Who knows. At the very least, DB has a large Asian population, who are going to be much less affected by the Western holiday period.

Looking at your other statements though, your apparent glee seems to have clouded your memory and reasoning. You claim we are doing worse than DH did against the same opponents, but the last two times DH played DB they lost by ~100K (that’s probably why they are now in a lower tier?). And DH played MAg so long ago that it is completely irrelevant.

The other reasons you gave (fanciful transfers and fair weather players) had to do with YB winning the tier, which the other two servers obviously didn’t do, so comparing YB to them is also irrelevant.

What I find endearing is that you seem to have held onto your disdain for YB for so long. It’s been two weeks now – don’t you think it is time to let it go, especially in this season of goodwill?

in WvW

Posted by: Tatania.2704

Tatania.2704

Nah, Yaks is just weak. So the fact that Yaks was in lead last 2 weeks against Mag just means….what?

Really…Otherwise, what do you suggest the problem is?

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

I knew that would be the retort

Perhaps yes, or at least more so. Who knows. At the very least, DB has a large Asian population, who are going to be much less affected by the Western holiday period.

Looking at your other statements though, your apparent glee seems to have clouded your memory and reasoning. You claim we are doing worse than DH did against the same opponents, but the last two times DH played DB they lost by ~100K (that’s probably why they are now in a lower tier?). And DH played MAg so long ago that it is completely irrelevant.

The other reasons you gave (fanciful transfers and fair weather players) had to do with YB winning the tier, which the other two servers obviously didn’t do, so comparing YB to them is also irrelevant.

What I find endearing is that you seem to have held onto your disdain for YB for so long. It’s been two weeks now – don’t you think it is time to let it go, especially in this season of goodwill?

It seems you are the one with disdain. If you look back at my message history, you will find that I like both Mag and DB. Seeing them ahead in a match where they should not be winning makes me happy for them. Nowhere in my earlier post did I bash YB. And while I do dislike YB, if you actually read my earlier post, the fact that I don’t like YB is pretty irrelevant. I am genuinely curious as to why you are underperforming. YB now should be stronger than DH at their prime. I am aware they have fallen, but that is not my point. DH at their prime could probably still beat current Mag and current DB or at least do as well as YB is doing now.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Holidays and PVE events seem to hit us pretty big. Yaks players average age I would bet anything skews older than most servers. If you know the guilds that are here that is not surprising. And older people tend to have more responsibilities than those younger, and kids who just see these times as a chance to play even more.

So far, Yak’s is still being Yak’s. Same behavior as the last two weeks. Pretty much zero roamers, and if I find one, and win but let them live, they come back with multiples to try to kill me. Haven’t seen much from DB. Not sure if they just only roam in numbers high enough that I tend to avoid them, or if I’ve just missed their active hours. Seems like it’s a very polar server.

Should be obvious by now that people that wanted to be a solo Rambo, or WvW equivalent of the A-Team, probably didn’t look at the server list and pick a server named “Yaks Bend” to go be leet loners on. Like I said above, Yaks drew a more mature base, and while they may not prefer an outcast from sPVP style, they tend to be good at organizing and large scale teamwork.

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

No server in this matchup is weak in my opinion. Admittedly, I haven’t been able to get on yet, but in my experience db and yaks were quality opponents when we played them in the past. I love this matchup, though, and can’t wait to get on. It’s a shame we can’t get stuck with this one for a couple weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

Yak’s being in last does surprise me atm, but we still have a long week ahead of us. But can we at least appreciate the fact that the score is still incredibly close, and we still have the week ahead of us. I personally love close matches, win or lose, because its fun. One of my favorite matches was DH/Mag/DB quite a few weeks back. This match up now reminds me of it so I plan to enjoy it. Its glad to see DB is alive and kicking in this tier, defying a lot of the expectations of our players when we some of us logged in this morning to see DB > Mag > Yak.

These next few days will be rocky due to Christmas rolling around, but come the end of the week, I expect plenty of good battles to be had. Wishing good luck for each server!

Attachments:

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Maguuma drew the baby boomer crowd. Hearing-aids and all.

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Nah, Yaks is just weak. So the fact that Yaks was in lead last 2 weeks against Mag just means….what?

Let me be clear. I am not saying YB is weaker than their opponents. I am saying their performance is weaker than what is expected of them. The difference between this week and the last is obviously the third server. DB has an advantage during off peak hours while EB did not have a time period all to themselves. Given a different third server, it makes sense that the match would play out differently. That said, I still expected YB to win by a comfortable margin so the current result is surprising.

Holidays and PVE events seem to hit us pretty big. Yaks players average age I would bet anything skews older than most servers. If you know the guilds that are here that is not surprising. And older people tend to have more responsibilities than those younger, and kids who just see these times as a chance to play even more.

This is a good answer. Holidays isn’t an answer in itself as that should affect all servers. Saying why YB would be hurt more so than other servers makes it more believable. I’ve heard that YB is skewed toward an older crown during the FA/YB/ET match when YB stopped showing up during the week so this answer is consistent with that.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

YB now should be stronger than DH at their prime. I am aware they have fallen, but that is not my point. DH at their prime could probably still beat current Mag and current DB or at least do as well as YB is doing now.

Just to be clear when did you last play DB? Because in the Asian/Oceanic timeslot they are incredibly strong at the moment, fielding multiple zergs across at least 3 maps. This completely nullifies the main advantage YB had over Mag and Ebay hence why we aren;t doing well and its probably compounded by the xmas holidays. Right now DB would beat FA.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The fact that Mag and YB are both strong in normal peak times helps cancel out for DB that they are weaker in that time period. Because Mag/YB end up fighting over the easier takes, and neither can gain points as rapidly as DB in their strong period.

If a server has one real dominant play period, its definitely best for your points if neither of your opponents are very active at the same time.

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Just to be clear when did you last play DB? Because in the Asian/Oceanic timeslot they are incredibly strong at the moment, fielding multiple zergs across at least 3 maps.

Sounds like the DB I remember! It was fun waking up to a red map.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

The only map we completely owned last night was our own… we were kicking you out cause you kept on taking supply camps. To upgrade a tower / keep what do you need …. ? So you annoying little groups kept taking them so we came out and started to run you over and it worked, we got peace for 30 minutes if not more.

EDIT: I hope your not the 2 guys that weren’t 80 that were trying to take the supply camp. Cause 20 seconds later , 20+ yaks came strolling in, which nearly took the supply but it was a nice try.

Edit #2 : just logged in to see DB trying to take NW tower from our BL… good work on that it was fully upgraded. I don’t know what happened to Maguuma there.

Yeah I usually try and harass the score leaders BL. My guild is 99% pve focused so I lone wolf a lot. No I certainly wasn’t the sub80. I wvw with a banner warrior.

I have to say after giving it more time that while this match up is really really unfriendly to small group tactics I usually play, the big scale stuff is much better than I’m used to. Guess I just have to play more at night.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Lets go Maguuma! FA loves you

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

It seems you are the one with disdain. If you look back at my message history, you will find that I like both Mag and DB. Seeing them ahead in a match where they should not be winning makes me happy for them. Nowhere in my earlier post did I bash YB. And while I do dislike YB, if you actually read my earlier post, the fact that I don’t like YB is pretty irrelevant. I am genuinely curious as to why you are underperforming. YB now should be stronger than DH at their prime. I am aware they have fallen, but that is not my point. DH at their prime could probably still beat current Mag and current DB or at least do as well as YB is doing now.

I find it curious how someone could dislike a random collection of people with no other connection than that they happen to play on the same server. Personally I tend to dislike individuals.

To your question; my observations are complete mine, and therefore only represents a limited view, but it seems to me that YB is a victim of its own success. We have had extra people coming in, while at the same time losing some people to the holidays.

This manifests in more small guilds, often with their own commanders, doing their own thing. You can imagine the confusion of unaffiliated players with 6 or even more commander tags on the map. This takes away from overall cohesion. It will take time to reorganise our new additions, but we should end up stronger as a result.

From what I can tell, DB has the upper hand in the Oceanic time slot, and are impressively making the most of their advantage, Kudos to them.

Maguuma is resilient as always. If they suffered a loss of numbers they effectively managed to compensate for that. Well done.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

(edited by Pretty Pixie.8603)

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

I have unfortunately found myself helping the realm lately. Sometimes you have to do things you don’t like to find people to kill. I’m balancing it out now by solo roaming and ignoring dolyaks, camps, and sentries, except to draw action.

That’s funny… All I do is roam, and feel the same about Mag!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Erinshaw.8035

Erinshaw.8035

Grats to Mags and DB you have done very well this week. Our Oceanic players are enjoying not only the yuletide festivities but also our Summer hols and many are away doing real life. We are also a more mature (age) server which means whilst the kids are playing we are making xmas and travelling far and wide to enjoy a well earned break. I have a 2k klms drive right after xmas. I will play on my laptop but not as long. Some of the fixes that desperately need to be done also affected our population as they went to play another pvp game. My wish is that February improves this game and WvW gets some love and the ever expaning use of exploits by all servers is erradicated.

Regardless of the score Yaks will fight on and were we are this week is not a reflection on the future. Happy holidays to all Mag DB and Yaks may your year ahead be filled with all that you wish for.

The Older Gamers (TOG) wvw guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Seeing the Yaks in third while both Mag and DB have taken the lead is really cool. Not as shocking as HoD taking the lead in their match, but pretty close. I really wonder what happened to YB. You guys are performing worse than DH did against the same opponents. What surprises me is that the server that wins their tier usually gets transfers. At the very least, the fairweathers come out to play. YB now should theoretically be a little stronger than the YB of the TC/FA/YB fights. That said, close matches are better. If YB isn’t going to move back up to T3, then it is better that they be more in line with the other T4 servers. Close matches are always the best. It’s a shame that either Mag or most likely DB will be kicked out because of the rating system.

Dragonbrand basically neutralizes the lead that Yaks Bend takes by controlling 66% to 100% of eternal over night/during the day. And holiday season means our guys can stay up later and playing during the week when we would normally be at work or college.

Dragonbrand Oceanic/Asia crew is enormous compared to both Yaks and Mags combined. Its not any bigger than the last 3 times we have played though so its not like Dragonbrand has suddenly got tonnes of transfers. Its very similar to the Dragonbrand we’ve always played. Also, they are not a bunch of PvD slackers. They are really decent.

NNK for instance doesn’t play kitten PvP. They roll tanky builds up front, stack immobilize on high priority targets and confusion bomb. That lets their warriors hundred blades/whirlwind attack etc without fear of taking a tonne of damage if it whiffs. You just blow yourself up with confusion unless you have huge condition removal.

The goal for us is never to beat Dragonbrand overnight because we can’t deal with the number of competent players they have. The goal is to lose everything as slowly as possible. Then we try to make back the points difference during the day. We normally expect Dragonbrand to take the lead when we get home from work and we think we have done well if that lead is small.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

OG killed hundreds of both yb and db last night without any problems.

One thing I noticed about DB was that they have on average a much more glass cannon build set up, but that’s about it.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Got to log in finally and play a bit.. I think DB has more skilled players in their zergs than yak’s, definitely. Havent been able to do any small group combat yet.. just way too zergy.

And to the guild bunched up walking towards our spawn in DB BL, thanks for the easy badges.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

How you guys get in here?

Does anyone can do a video record report to Anet? Because i really dont want this to happen the whole week and is really ruinning the fun….

Hey, I see him right in the middle of your first screen shot. Do it, you’re famous!

in WvW

Tatania.2704

Got to log in finally and play a bit.. I think DB has more skilled players in their zergs than yak’s, definitely. Havent been able to do any small group combat yet.. just way too zergy.

And to the guild bunched up walking towards our spawn in DB BL, thanks for the easy badges.

See what I highlight? Conclusion is….?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

“QQ I cannot kill zergs with cookie cutter builds”

[SU]

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Do you guys know what ‘cookie cutter’ actually means? I keep seeing it get thrown around as some kind of insult, and I’m not sure it means what you think it means.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Do you guys know what ‘cookie cutter’ actually means? I keep seeing it get thrown around as some kind of insult, and I’m not sure it means what you think it means.

drez: <insert standard retort>
me: aint nobody got time for dat

[SU]

in WvW

dreztina.4820

Standard retort? I’m not sure anything you say actually means what you think it means. It’s like you learned how to communicate by copying random words and phrases you saw on the internet.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I have come to a conclusion.
The skilled players are all on Maguuma, Ehmry Bay and Fort Aspenwood.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Abel.4728

Abel.4728

As a US prime time player on DB I have to say it is funny seeing all the servers we face always say it is our asian crew that wins it for us. If that is the easy way out of an excuse for why we have good pressure then that is fine as well. As for us guys that play US time we have been outnumbered for several weeks in a row but somehow always manage to hold the line and keep the points averaged. Just ask the 40 man borlis pass crew last week that couldn’t take hills from 8 people for over a solid hour. We wiped them 4 times before they finally rolled over us. The numbers game has always been in our enemies favor and it has never bothered us one bit.

When every defense feels like the Alamo we build a lot of camaraderie as a team. Most servers will always outnumbered us but we will never roll over.

I look forward to the rest of this matchup and my holiday wish is that maguuma would quit exploiting the hills keep every time we finally get it back. It has been a great fight so far and look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

PS gratz to all involved last night in flipping Stonemist even before most of the asian crew had logged on

As a TW prime time player on DB I have to say you guys played very well those fighting are incredible. Can stand with you guys on DB is my honor .

(edited by Abel.4728)

in WvW

Tatania.2704

I have come to a conclusion.
The skilled players are all on Maguuma, Ehmry Bay and Fort Aspenwood.

play a bit..
I think, but definitely…

that spells “full of cats”

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Mag still in the lead.

I’m drinking a glass of milk and going to bed.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Tatania.2704

This week is the week for Mag.

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

Score update and dear diary:

Attachments:

.~.~

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Pretty much a fight to stay in T4 atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

As weird as it sounds, I’m actually really glad we (DB) have a really strong Asia/Oceania presence and a lesser (though by no means weak) USA presence. It creates an interesting dynamic where each server has a period of time where they feel pressured and start losing ground, then they get the chance to pressure and push back. Without it, it seems like the larger population will always just win outright since they have stronger coverage at all times, which leads to landslide games due to moral.

Losing stuff overnight does suck, but it makes the matches more dynamic and tug-of-war like, if the last few weeks are any indication. And closer matches are just overall more fun to play. So thanks to Maguuma and Yak’s, its been a blast thus far.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

This is a good answer. Holidays isn’t an answer in itself as that should affect all servers. Saying why YB would be hurt more so than other servers makes it more believable. I’ve heard that YB is skewed toward an older crown during the FA/YB/ET match when YB stopped showing up during the week so this answer is consistent with that.

We at times refer to ourselves internally as the older people’s server.

Most of the kids have run off. The biggest guild on Yak’s Bend is The Older Gamers guild which you have to be 25 or so to join.

Then there’s Foo Guild which was founded in 1993 which has members who have had kids while they were in the guild who then grew up to join the guild.

Its a mature bunch and a community a little unlike anything i’ve ever seen in a MMO.

bad apples here and there like any server. but still, older population I would say for sure makes sense.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

As weird as it sounds, I’m actually really glad we (DB) have a really strong Asia/Oceania presence and a lesser (though by no means weak) USA presence. It creates an interesting dynamic where each server has a period of time where they feel pressured and start losing ground, then they get the chance to pressure and push back.

I agree with this. Something like (in relation to US time) Dragonbrand takes the morning, Maguuma takes the day, and Yaks takes the evening/night. It is definitely an interesting phenomenon.

Maguuma WvW