12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Been looking forward to a more even match up and this week will be the closest! RoF good to see you again and will be looking for ya on the battlegrounds!

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

Some great action on the RoF border tonight and the GH borders! nice little retaliation

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

GH seem to have the upper hand right now, but we know that can change quickly – some good fights already!

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Was a fun reset, I led the capping of Ros borderlands allong with [HxH] and [Fire].
After that we went back to Rof borders. I have to say we were quite surprised by the numbers GH had on reset. Did you have incoming transfers since the last time we met?

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Actually we have had more smaller guilds left us since the pass 2 weeks. Haven’t heard of any big transfers into our server, I think 1 RoS guild is here on vacation and that’s about it lol. Other than that I guess some of us recruited people from PVE since I did notice more novice asking how to get out of WvW in citadel lol.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I heared guild IMP left RoS for GH. And in my opinion best commander elnor with it :/. We had nice battle in RoS borderlands yesterday night/today morning with imp :p . Tho had to overman them to pew pew them (at least when i was playing). kitten betrayers :P .

all is vain

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

We usually have a good showing on reset night. Also, a lot of people gave up for the last week or so because of the Dz numbers, i think they were itching to get back in wvw.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Krosan.2890

I shudder to think how many Dzagunar had if the amount of people you had on reset was so badly outnumbered. :p

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Jupitus.4352

I shudder to think how many Dzagunar had if the amount of people you had on reset was so badly outnumbered. :p

Exactly !

On reset we did go with a very coordinated plan, working with effectively a skeleton crew in our BL to allow a good number of us to execute plans on enemy territory. So far so good, but nice fighting and a MUCH better balance than we have been used to. Come get us guys

/Salute

www.gunnars-hold.eu

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: xilius.7890

xilius.7890

Lal wouldn’t called it ballanced, was defending EB like hell this morning and we simply didnt had the numbers :s was fun to use the smarts but still the numbers weigh hard on us

Just a random guy

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Magus.6543

Magus.6543

Greeting from Gunnar’s Hold.

Based on the last 1½ day, it is very clear to every guild and commander in GH, that RoF and RoS are working together against GH. It’s shown in EB and in every single borderland. The score has very clearly changed, from a 10K lead to GH, to a ca. 8K lead to RoF.

I am not gonna go into details on, “then you took this tower, and then we took this, etc”, but one thing is for sure:

I’d like to encourage the leading efforts in RoS and RoF, to think twice “if this is really worth it? And, what consequences will it have for me and our server?”, for the numerous reasons there are to actually stop your alliance. Think about what you will be known for in future matches, and what kind of future hostility you are building. Think about if you prefer a hollow victory, or a proud victory.

On Gunnar’s we have always invited our enemies to a “talk after the battle”, and so would we like to do with you. It’s fun, and learning, we laugh, and we talk about good fights. Obviously only, if the fight during the week has been on equal terms.

Every commander, leading force, or WvW guild in RoF and/or RoS, are welcome to have a mid-week talk with us from Gunnar’s Hold, if you would like. Any of the above from GH can help arrange it, or myself.

Best regards
– Insky, commander in GH

Ps. A last thing, yes, I’d like to say that in EB, we had a hard push in the first night/morning. After that, as you can see, we are holding nothing right now.

Insky | Commander
Praxium [PRXM] | WvW guild on Gunnar’s Hold
http://www.praxium.co.uk – Video collection under “Forum”

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Insky…. There was an alliance between GH and RoS against Dzagonur just a week ago >_>

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

Of course, but last week we were both being annihilated by Dzagonur, making an alliance the obvious course of action. In this case we have a much more even matchup, which makes an alliance a rather odder decision.

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

As I remember, you guys annihilated everyone during reset. And it’s a much more balanced matchup than it was before, although the only difference being that RoF is winning now.

Ruins of Surmia

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

We had a good reset night, sure. Mainly we put up such good numbers because many of our players were excited about the prospect of finally facing an even matchup after several weeks of getting zerged into the ground. There’s no way we could have kept that pace up, even without your alliance.

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Magus.6543

1. Yes, we joined forces due to DZ being massively outnumbering everyone, even combined.

2. Our reset night was a one-off. Don’t use that as an argument, It doesn’t stand.

See this as putting a hand forward. Grab it, or don’t. I hope for more thoughttrough answers.

Insky | Commander

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Breaking the alliance would be good for GH, bad for RoS, don’t know about RoF.

If the amount of ppl GH has is 2 and we assume RoF is also 2 then the amount of ppl RoS has is 1, probably even 0.8

Ruins of Surmia

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

I never followed the truce last week however it worked well against a larger force. But what will happen if this truce goes well and RoF go up again? Nothing that is what. They will be stuck in the same place moving down because they will loose against the teams in the other bracket. We had a surprising amount of players on the reset and some brilliant co-ordination with RPS-CHvc-SoE taking on the RoF borders and MM along with a few other guilds on EB. But during the week the numbers drop off we will not get the 400+ points we had most of the time, RoS will come in last place and we will be in the same position. I am by no means saying that you should just let us move up tiers or anything, i am simply saying you should not really put a truce up, because RoS will get kittened out of the deal and end up in last place. RoF might go up but they will most definitely come back down the next week, which we may too if we was to win However i don’t see how RoS will benefit at all by this.

Truce or not we will fight to the end and Destroy you all

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Magus.6543

To RoS in particular, do you want to be the main reason another server wins? Or do you want to serve an equal fight? Just saying, I’m hoping for the latter. I’ve fought I’m you BL and you are great players, indeed.

So what if GH wins? Maybe the server is actually better alone I’m the current condition, maybe it is not. Give it a go, honestly.

Insky | Commander

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

fab.3298

Good luck to ROS and ROF this week, it’s been a lot of fun so far. Good luck with the alliance also , hopefully it works out and the point difference doesn’t get too large so we can face each other again next week. We did have unusually high numbers at reset for the reasons I explained above, but I do believe our numbers would have made it pretty one sided had you not teamed up. Granted, we’re now on the back foot, but we’re used to it.

So far the match up seems pretty even, and given our months of dropping tiers and being roflstomped by massive zergs it makes a nice change.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Only thing that makes me chuckle with the alliance is that the GH/RoS one had no point where Dzag was pushed off the map and they were faced with a “Fight each other or don’t fight at all”. Whereas this week has already reached the stage of GH being non-existant on the map, and the last 30 RoF just logging off without touching a single RoS structure. Can’t see RoS successfully pushing RoF at all, and yet RoF give up 200 points through the night to them ^^

Elnor – RoF outnumber GH

Either way… my experiences of last week were that once the alliance ended everything was a lot more fun, the 3 way fights at GH Garrison were the most enjoyable of the week.

Drama drama drama, fun and games

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Amusing alliance. Its really working out well for RoS right now. Clearly RoF aren’t doing much to benefit their ‘allies’. I’m guessing you guys got suckered.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Jupitus.4352

I’m chuckling at RoF numbers – we’re being totally outnumbered in our own BL

Good fighting though, don’t see or hear of any exploiting etc which is good

www.gunnars-hold.eu

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

fab.3298

Yeah, i’m gonna have to take back what i said in my previous post. There’s no way we outnumber you, switch over must have been a fluke. It’s still fun though, keep it up. I feel pretty bad for ROS, we need to try and focus on you because it’s the only way to get points. Given ROF numbers, there’s not much we can do against them.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

If there is alliance I don’t know about it.
Last night I had a good few battles with ROS on ROF BL. They took our tower a few time, while GH took other. so as soon as we got one back we had to retake other back. Also ROS was attacking Shadaran Hills and so we had to stop them. ROS also try to attack the Garrison at watergate with reports of ROS golam seen in lake (he map out).
We also had a fight with 2 GH at Bluevale Refuge, every time we did lots of damage to them they run to a hill by there zone and so we could not damage. They where invulnerable untill they move back to us. We did kill them a few time but they kept it up till we left then they did.

I log on today to see us fighting ROS on EB. Later on ROF BL after a long battle with GH some ROS come and took camps and report of attacking a tower but left. Battle here with both GH and ROS on ROF BL still continues.

All I know is a lot of ROF players want to fight GH after last fight with you and whiteside. Still remember reports of Kiss players from both GH and Whiteside working togather but you said they was not and we take your word for it but still some do still wonder.
You had Alliance with ROS before when fighting Dzagonur, yet you seem unhappy with what might be so when from the fights we had don’t seem so. In fact all I see above after a long spell of no replys is GH going on about some Alliance that I don’t see as we are fighting them.
Its funny how when ROF start leading and owning SM you now get upset and say there Alliance going on.

Please enjoy game and try to have fun in this battle till reset.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

We just been fighting ROS at Redlake tower that they took. Lots Owa of ROS and 1 GOA of ROS was fighting us there. Ask them if there Alliance going on.
Early we did have all EB but seem now ROS took some back and We are fighting on GH BL. We cant be every where.
But a lot of us want to fighting GH and so maybe reason we not fighting ROS so much.
But if there Alliance going on then I not been told. But from my point of view we had a lot of battle with ROS and GH if not more with GH.
I don’t agree with any Alliance as this is a game yet you had one with them not so long ago and now your upset. Dont you think Dzagonur would of been upset too.

Like I said enjoy game and have fun.

Thats in reply to the player who posted after my reply above from GH who now seem to of deleted reply for some reason. lolz

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

(edited by Talon Silverhawk.5964)

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Prince Flanagan.2169

Prince Flanagan.2169

Hey Folks
I’d like to start by saying tks to all who showed up Friday night for the reset I know many of you were looking forward to a more even match up than we’ve had on GH server over the last month or so. BIG shout out to MARA who were running a 3 day WvW event and had a healthy showing of about 40 members for the initial reset.

The planning and fighting that took place throughout the first 24 hours was excellant, not only by us, I had some of the best protracted ding dongs I’ve ever had in WvW to date. For that I salute both RoS and RoF.

But now to the crux of this post, to try and say there is no alliance between RoS and RoF is insulting, I’m here for hours watching the flow of the WvW maps and it became very clear their was colusion between both servers, which is fine if you swallow the consiquences too, because our servers will meet regularly over time and the third server will not always accept your alliance and I for one will be taking great enjoyment reminding you why your BL is being camped. Play fair, reach your servers natural lvl and you will enjoy more evenly balanced match ups.

P.S. Major cudos to the 2 guilds that actively ignored the alliance and fought any they faced.

No Finger Prince, Legacy of MARA.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: OchrisO.8450

OchrisO.8450

To Gunner’s Hold i would like to ask you guys if you would like a guild V guild fight? If any guild would like to please feel free to /w me and we will sort out a time and place <3

Mr Quackers- Guild leader

The Night Pact Legacy [NP]

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Globetrotters. Its not a guild. Its not any individual player. Its a concept. Man it cost enemies.

<salutes>
Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

To Gunner’s Hold i would like to ask you guys if you would like a guild V guild fight? If any guild would like to please feel free to /w me and we will sort out a time and place <3

What guild are you though? That would help :P

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

OchrisO.8450

Night Pact [NP] i am the big hammer charr commander

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Magus.6543

@Talon and any other from RoS/RoF, who will neglect that there is an alliance:
– don’t do it, it will make you look stupid, really
– it has already been confirmed by both members of RoF and members of RoS
– it has been shown at any time of today and yesterday in EB, and in RoS borderland.

Instead. Man up. Give each servers a brave fight, and fight for the tier you actually belong, in stead of pretending.

- Insky

Insky | Commander

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Ah, we’ve been fighting you just now.. I’m the norn hammer commander

Currently @ Piken Square

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

OchrisO.8450

so the question is would you like a guild v guild fight? :P

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

What numbers are you running? i very much doubt you will find a guild big enough around here. We (Cry havoc) can average upto 15 on a good night and i think we are one of the biggest.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

OchrisO.8450

we are a WvW guild so we cn pull 20+ish but we will match your numbers, so if you have 10 we will bring 10 and so on

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Toxikthrash.2704

we are a WvW guild so we cn pull 20+ish but we will match your numbers, so if you have 10 we will bring 10 and so on

Was not accepting a fight sorry, was just curious on numbers and shouting that you will most likely not find a fight from any guilds here

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

I’m kinda disappointed if that alliance thing is true……..
Although the banter on team chat For GH is great XD

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

OchrisO.8450

okay no worrys

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

To whoever that Gunnars Hold Engineer was on the southern island between the two towers in RoS Borderlands, that was an awesome spar. I don’t haven’t seen many engineers and didn’t think highly of them but you really put up a nice fight.

Also we just had a great contest with RoF. We should definitely do that more often!
I’m not sure who all of you were, I only got told who Chris was, but I was the elementalist with the plain armor. Great fights and a nice little distraction from the daily WvW slur.

So far this week has been quite joyful, had some really good fights with both RoF and GH, much respect to both!
It does seem like our numbers have increased, or the level of awareness on our random people might have increased. We’re still hanging in between T7 and T8 though, either stomp or get stomped. But I have always enjoyed small fights more anyway. Also during out little spar with RoF just now I didn’t even care that our bases were taken over.

PS; To that one guild on GH that knows what I’m talking about. Yes I’m kinda targeting you, but no hard feelings or grudges. Just friendly competition and showing what I can do, you really put up a good fight and I’ve enjoyed most of them.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

@Talon and any other from RoS/RoF, who will neglect that there is an alliance:
– don’t do it, it will make you look stupid, really
– it has already been confirmed by both members of RoF and members of RoS
– it has been shown at any time of today and yesterday in EB, and in RoS borderland.

Instead. Man up. Give each servers a brave fight, and fight for the tier you actually belong, in stead of pretending.

- Insky

Surmia/Gunnars had a truce last week, not 100% there was still some war going on, but it made sense in terms of why 3 way combat is usually seen as preferable to 2 way – it was the two weaker servers hitting the larger. There was also no point where the ‘3rd’ server was removed from the map entirely, always something to fight over even ignoring any truce.

Why this alliance makes less sense (and is more obvious) is that it is an alliance involving the largest/strongest server. Overnight whilst RoF still has a fairly strong force roaming around and has completely cleared GH from the map, they are then sitting on the GH BL rather than going to clear the RoS BL. Giving up over 200 points of income is something which no server with that current night strength would ever do It’s not due to strong defense, as there is no contested/swords markers appearing at all in red territory. So it’s not a “GH first” it’s “GH only” :P

Not really objecting to the alliance, we all know servers do it and take/consider the opportunity when it arises, but to claim it’s not true is silly at this point. Especially when GH find RoS + RoF stood/sat at the south camp having a friendly meeting then fight side by side against GH :P

Bring it on I say!

Currently @ Piken Square

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

It does seem like our numbers have increased, or the level of awareness on our random people might have increased. We’re still hanging in between T7 and T8 though, either stomp or get stomped. But I have always enjoyed small fights more anyway. Also during out little spar with RoF just now I didn’t even care that our bases were taken over.

PS; To that one guild on GH that knows what I’m talking about. Yes I’m kinda targeting you, but no hard feelings or grudges. Just friendly competition and showing what I can do, you really put up a good fight and I’ve enjoyed most of them.

The numbers seems to be 4 fold, going on both what I’ve seen and what I’ve been told via whispers.
– Holidays
– “We need to kill the traitors”
– “We must put more effort in because we have lost lost 2 guilds” (even though it’s only actually 1).
– “We’ve got an alliance? we’re not getting steamrolled? I think I’ll join in”.

As for ourselves being targetted.. well, it’s obvious :P I’d prefer not to spill drama over here, but we made the decision to move a while ago, just looking for a server. Needless to say, we shall continue as we always do, zergs? we’re used to it.

Currently @ Piken Square

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Keppo.4158

Keppo.4158

Funny thing about this alliance is that it is forcing GH to concentrate on weaker enemy.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: xilius.7890

xilius.7890

So here are the GH players from reset :o get back in the game and enjoy the fights people. Happy new years to all btw

Just a random guy

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

So far i had some good fights in this setup(just had one not long ago with a RoS thief fun fight tho very long) and to the people from GH it is true that there is/where and alliance whit RoS tho its not all from RoF that agrees on the allaince tho but as some off us cant set us in a bad light towords our server for breaking what some of the big guilds have been trying to make.

and i also like to fight GH more then i like to fight RoS tho no offence to them but they dont have the same numbers and resistance as GH has, and to be honost i could care less about the ranking and score then haveing fun and though fights.

im Korsbaek a RoF guardian in a manly abyssal colored armor with the head from HotW thats white and mainly a wooden hammer

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

so the question is would you like a guild v guild fight? :P

Think we’ve had enough GvG fights with your ele-squad tonight for the entire week lol. Including about 5 fights outside lake ^^.

Now, would you please take the hint and leave our BL? Thanks.

Currently @ Piken Square

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

RoF kitten their pants on our reset strenght even though they field the double amounts of players easily all week and have proven to beat us easily before, even before we lost more major guilds. Surmia is mad at its guild and therfor made the pact – they know about our strength, its just a bit better then them. So this week of bullkitten gameplay has been brought to you by bad judgement into wet pants of RoF players and small-hearted Surmians having a grudge against their former guild. I would ask you to drop this alliance immediately so we can have some enjoyable fights. If people considered their experiences and had a look at matchups / ladder on a regular basis there would be better judgement in this matter instead of this short-circuit reaction which gives us a green EB in the result.

One more Thing before i go:

The Alliance with Surmia against Dzag stemmed from the experience of the week before – we knew we cant stand up to Dzag even if we worked together, and the pact changed nothing of the outcome, we both got stomped into infinity, just had a little more fun while we were at it. This is different

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Krosan.2890

@ Steelo
Flaming the servers your asking to do something isn’t the best way to handle it.

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Klugnut.2463

Klugnut.2463

I have to agree that the current “alliance” is strange to say the least. All that seems to happen atm from a RoS point of view is the brainless zergs just run from camp to camp in our own BL, while a few more organised groups may venture into EB etc. I do realize that if the alliance wasn’t happening that we may get stomped, but that should at least make for more interesting fights/gameplay.

Some random noob

12/29- RoF, GH, RoS

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

That northern corner in EB must have flipped colors atleast 10+ times already this matchup. Good for the karma but I wonder who got the better end of it.