12/3 patch and how it affects wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

The 2 most important things I see there for wvw is
1.Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players’ minions and NPCs.
*edit refer to CC Dalmarus for typo
2.Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
About kitten time haha stupid thieves go die

(edited by Predator.7321)

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

lol yeah, too funny with the thief 1

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

1 patch notes have been ninja edited, it now reads that it prioritized players over minions and npcs.

2. Already knew this one was comming. Cannot really care one way or another.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Yeah, I dunno about that. With the stealth rendering glitch, a thief will still be able to prevent a camp from being capped in the 3 seconds they aren’t in stealth but still invisible. Sounds like status quo to me.

in WvW

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

In regards to number 1, that was an ill-timed typo error – here’s the corrected version: “Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.”

Sorry about any confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

“Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.”

It’s the other way around, it prioritizes players.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

Thanks for the correction Dalmarus! That’s a relief, was about to say toss my aoe heals out the window and go full on glass cannon.

in WvW

Posted by: Tentacle Love.3412

Tentacle Love.3412

This seemed important too.
“Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.”

with regard to
“All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses”

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

And FINALLY they fixed the WvW bonuses not working, I can finally haz bonuses!

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I finally have bonuses. Up to 10% extra HP is not to be scoffed at.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

Pardon my ignorance, but where are you getting this information from?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Pardon my ignorance, but where are you getting this information from?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-3-2012

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Honestly not sure I agree on the stealth capping removal. I thought it was an interesting game mechanic and whenever I have been on the receiving end of it, I’ve coordinated my allies to counter appropriately. The Thief is not a zerg vs zerg kind of character when compared to grenade engineers, staff elementalists, necromancers or rangers, so the small scale stuff was their specialty. This removes a part of that specialty. In sPvP it’s different due to match lengths and numbers, in WvW that’s far less of an issue.

Oh well. I was probably one of the few that liked it anyway.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Oh well. I was probably one of the few that liked it anyway.

I liked it. I had some great LoL with it.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Regardless of how many “lulz” people had with it, stealth capture/prevent capture was a disaster and definitely needed to changed.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.2167

Forsaken.2167

Regardless of how many “lulz” people had with it, stealth capture/prevent capture was a disaster and definitely needed to changed.

My main is a thief and couldn’t be happier. Maybe people will stop their endless complaining now. No but really if you didn’t think that was going to get fixed your brain is underdeveloped.

Moderators make the best Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

My main is a thief and couldn’t be happier. Maybe people will stop their endless complaining now.

Also a thief, and I agree. Good update.

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

Was funny seeing a thief earlier today that i guess hadn’t read the patch notes trying to stealth hold a camp, was lol time at them :P

www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

My main is a thief and couldn’t be happier. Maybe people will stop their endless complaining now. No but really if you didn’t think that was going to get fixed your brain is underdeveloped.

nah now we will just have more complaints about people getting 2 shotted because they decided to go glass cannon build and feel that they should win automatically.

in WvW

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

my main is thief just want to kill people and frust them, not interested in capture point. hopefully this will end their complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacbo.7598

Jacbo.7598

Just out of curiosity, is Invulnerable meant to apply to class abilities such as Guardian’s Renewed Focus or Warrior’s Endure Pain?

Either way, the other changes are welcome.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng
Apply Now: http://www.valorguild.org

in WvW

Cat Amiss.9463

Yeah same as things like Mist Form for eles

www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Warrior’s endura pain in no way makes you invulnerable, you still get hit via conditions.

I believe it basicly means things such as the invulnerable BUFF you get.. like getting up from downed state gives you.

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Already had 2 perma stealth thieves still trying to halt the cap since the patch. GG xD

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

nah now we will just have more complaints about people getting 2 shotted because they decided to go glass cannon build and feel that they should win automatically.

The 2 have never been mutually exclusive (getting 2shotted by a stealth capper I mean) so I think there’s won’t be more complaints, just about half of what it used to be.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

“Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.”

I’d rather have transfered players completely locked out of wvw for that time. Hope this would stop all this spying on our server (all-german setup isn’t funny if your enemy everytime just leaves right before your zerg arrives).

in WvW

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

Well .. it got changed, cos ppl don´t usually organized their movement – they only massively move & follow one blue dot afterall .. there were multiple ways how to counter the effect .. but due to repeated complains & mass spam in WvW forum – it had to go.

I didn´t raise my thief past lvl 35 – so never really tryed it; but experienced it many times, and nearly chewed on my keyboard. But the satisfaction in finally getting that lil toad sucker was always worth it.

Anyhow, thx greatfully to ArenaNet for their pre X-mas present into WvW.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Some of the sieges on Garrison or keeps were getting stupid with the stealth cap thing. I saw a thief on my server running around for about 10 minutes (along with another thief who was tagging in when the first had to drop out/died). They were stopping a superior force from capping out garrison for a very long time, all because they were stealthed in a massive circle. It was stupid and almost everyone hated it. It was far too powerful for individual contribution and the counter wasn’t realistic in big fights or with ninja caps of fully upgraded supply camps behind enemy lines. It detracted far more from WvW than it ever contributed. All the thieves I play with considered it an exploit, it was that broken. Good riddance.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I’m just wondering if this:

•Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.

Will do nothing but make the zergs invisible for a longer period of time or if all we will see are a bunch of minipets attacking.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Will do nothing but make the zergs invisible for a longer period of time or if all we will see are a bunch of minipets attacking.

Heart of the Mists is the sPVP lobby, and not in WvW no?

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Heart of the Mists is the sPVP lobby, and not in WvW no?

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

For some reason I thought Heart of the Mists pertained to both. Thanks Tk.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

A better fix would’ve probably been stealth/invuln players slow the rate of capping, but not stop it.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

A better fix would’ve probably been stealth/invuln players slow the rate of capping, but not stop it.

And how would that balance an excessively overpowered feature?

in WvW

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Good changes, thanks Anet.

Now if we could get an update on the future of wvw….?