12k hit possible ???

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

im lv 80 wearing shield full exotics but this one …….

Attachments:

Blackgate

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

People don’t realize that armor rating means absolutely nothing

CD

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Not sure about Thiefs, but for Ranger Rapid Fires, the damage that the Ranger sees is the culmulative damage of every hit of the skill, but not sure how it appears on the receiving player’s logs. Rapid Fire can hit for 10k+ if well geared, but that’s like 8 different shots combined.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Punny.9210

if u look at name it’s even shown " unknown" instead of server

Blackgate

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

It’s a combo hit, just like hundred blades. Lot’s of small hits that get counted together into one big number.

edit: nevermind, didn’t look at the screenshot.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

(edited by Scribbles.7493)

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Jaric.8934

Jaric.8934

Well im not sure, I never played thief – but have you tried to look up the skill to begin with? Strike from stealth + double damage from behind the target (backstab – doh!)
sounds legit to me.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

im lv 80 wearing shield full exotics but this one …….

Fuul exotics doesn’t account to much when you use a power/precision/crit power set. If there’s no thoughness in it, you’re going to hurt.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Punny.9210

looool do u really think u can hit like this ??

i post this because i believe its either bug or hack

Blackgate

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

I’ve been hit for 15k and didn’t think it was a hack. Somebody stacked bonus crit percentage son, and you got owned.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

looool do u really think u can hit like this ??

i post this because i believe its either bug or hack

Yes, you can absolutely hit like that as a Thief, especially with backstab.

More so if you consider the various Orb buffs that might have been active at the time.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-udk3CEtc7E

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

BTW… I am a thief, and back stabs CAN hit this hard if you are in full exotics specc’d a certain way. I hit anywhere from 10-12k.

So for you to sit there to call it a bug/hack is just silly :P

Get some toughness

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Nyota.7062

Nyota.7062

Someone posted a screen of his combatlog on capricorn – 17k backstab. And it was sPvP, so no vast level/gear difference either (though zero toughness on victim ofc^^).

Dolyak Engineer/Thief – Kodash (EU)

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Gomly.6128

Gomly.6128

Power, crit and crit damage.

Orb buff.

Welcome to the downed state if a thief gets behind you.

Exotics mean nothing if you haven’t got the right stats for that kind of thing. If your stats are for pure damage then you could be wearing level 1 whites for all the good it will do you against attacks like that.

Toughness and vitality … thats what you want if you want to live long enough to poke your tongue out at those sneaky buggers.

Your damage output will take a hit but that’s the joy of WvW, you aint going 1v1 you are in a team. A slight drop in your damage isn’t going to mean much in the grand scheme of things. The damage you lost will be made up for by surviving longer. Doing say 20k damage before you die in 3 seconds compared to 50k by living a bit longer (numbers pulled out of mykittenjust for arguments sake).

And one bit of advise I will give to anyone in WvW …. never go anywhere alone. Thieves thrive on picking off stragglers. If you die, don’t just go stomping out of your spawn, wait until a couple more of you appear then go as a small group. Unless you are travelling to a close tower/keep then you are okay.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

imbalance
how can we fight against thieves by damaged half of health just in first hit?

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

imbalance

You just get hit that hard if you don’t wear the “right” items. You can’t go full damage in World PvP, your main stat should be Toughness and/or Vitality, depending on your base HP.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

To do that much damage you need to be stealthed and right behind your target (flanking works when it pleases), it’s not like it’s something you spam whenever you want.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

12k is nice

Wish my hundredblades hit harder..

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx/b/332437173

timeframe 1hr 46min 00 secs

No orbs and mix of gear

:D

Would trade it for all the stealth in the world.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

imbalance

evade on the rigth momment?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Wikid.6982

Wikid.6982

That is completely possible. Spec’d the right way a Thief can generate crazy amounts of damage using Back Stab. It has been tested and posted to youtube even during the BWEs. Granted the Thief is a major glass cannon with the build but max damage and quick fights are the goal.

http://goo.gl/fmpUK

(edited by Wikid.6982)

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Sigyn.6378

Sigyn.6378

As well as the backstab doing double damage from behind if you timed it with the use power signet for +150% damage you would get some big numbers.

I mean i crit for 13-14k with sword/pistol using the combo, if people have low toughness

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

I see people running around WvWvW all the time with 0 toughness. I hit the eagle raptors running around for about 350 on a white hit with my axe. I hit some PLAYERS for 750+. You have NO chance unless you get some toughness.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Cathach.5807

Cathach.5807

The screen says it was done by useing backstab, so this is quite normal when faceing a thief. I once was hit with backstab for over 21k while i was in Deathshoud and the enemy team had all three orbs. Don’t know how toughness/armor is counted in deathshroud (and i’m totally undergeared), but thieves put out insane damage and stealth/port away afterwards all the time.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Mug.9403

Mug.9403

Thieves get a signet that allows their next hit to do 50% bonus damage. It is primarily used on backstab, the biggest hit.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

Toughness is not important if you use traits and utilities to maintain vigor, endurance regeneration, or endurance restoration. Especially if it isn’t passive.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

Its hardly AUTO attack. You dont run up to a player and auto attack 15k

You have to stealth in, get behind them, trigger signet THEN hit. That’s hardly auto attack.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

Its hardly AUTO attack. You dont run up to a player and auto attack 15k

You have to stealth in, get behind them, trigger signet THEN hit. That’s hardly auto attack.

It is the life of a thief (and all stealthish type classes) to have anythign they do negated like that. You see that theres less complaints about a 100 Blade war because people " see it comming" vs anything that involves stealth openers.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

On my elementalist I have 30 points in earth (300 toughness, +380 in earth attunement) and 20 water (200 vit/healing), protection (-33% damage) when attuning to earth and another protection/stability that happens automatically at 50% hp, a trait that auto-blocks 3 hits at 25% hp, a signet that adds another passive =10% defense…. basically as tanky as you can build an elementalist and still put out any damage (mostly conditions, full master/rare carrion set with runes of krait and afflicted for +62% bleed duration). My build is completely ineffective against these glass cannon thieves, any other class (except maybe the fotm shortbow ranger) I can at least survive long enough to get away.

The other day I got hit for over 6k with just steal. Then I dodged and went mist form like a pro (lol, not really ;p), knocked the thief down and started into my combo to retaliate. While my dragon’s tooth hung leisurely in the sky, waiting the requisite 40 years to fall from the sky on the great conjunction, the thief leisurely carved me into giblets with his auto-attack (at over 3k per hit). No matter how crappily geared, there is no player I can hit for 6k with my build, I gave up power for toughness (well, cause an elementalist can’t hit over 6k anyway even with the “hey, I’m so squishy I just died tripping over a pebble!” build, and with the bild I run, I can live againt any balanced class…..).

So yeah, thieves can hit that hard. Should they be able to? From stealth? That’s a different question altogether. (My answer would be “no”, at least until they fix the shadow refuge re-stealthing glitch and the effect that causes few or no character models to load in big groups).

(Edit: some forum bug is causing that line in the beginning to be underlined, lol.)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Piccolo.7296

Piccolo.7296

I can 1v3 people as glass cannon Ranger in 100% 80 exotics. Skill over gear for this game though.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

Thrashbarg: Well, even though I have a thief, I hope they fix the Cloak and Dagger “exploit” that allows people to just skip the Shadow Arts tree – skipping the “stealth on steal”-trait.

Just fixing that would severely drop the damage output of a certain gimmicky build atm.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Not sure about Thiefs, but for Ranger Rapid Fires, the damage that the Ranger sees is the culmulative damage of every hit of the skill, but not sure how it appears on the receiving player’s logs. Rapid Fire can hit for 10k+ if well geared, but that’s like 8 different shots combined.

I have never seen a 10K rapid fire… ever.

SOR – [Boss]

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

cloak and dagger, steal, back stab=a whole lotta dmg

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Part of me thinks it’s crazy damage, and then I remember I can pop Elixir U and grenade spam on a group of people and deal about 20k damage to each in 5-8 seconds. (assuming full berserker’s, fully buffed, power build)

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Damage needs to be nerfed. Armor needs to be more effective. I dont even know how you can backstab someone in full set of heavy armor with a small dagger. Makes zero sense.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

“People don’t realize that armor rating means absolutely nothing”

?? It means you take less damage the more you have, son.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

Damage needs to be nerfed. Armor needs to be more effective. I dont even know how you can backstab someone in full set of heavy armor with a small dagger. Makes zero sense.

Its almost like tiered armor would be a good idea and give people at endgame something to do! Novel, I know.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Etgfrog.1836

Etgfrog.1836

I halfway expected to see a complaint about superior balista…since those hit for 12k

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I got hit for 14.1k (I do have a Screenshot of it) Kill Shot from a Warrior, that’s 14.1k out of my 19k health pool. Although I am not in full exotics (by no means is my gear awful), no ability should take off 3/4’s of your entire health pool in one hit. This was on my mesmer btw, god knows’ how hard I would have been hit if I was on my ele :P

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: jazzbrownie.6049

jazzbrownie.6049

11k doesn’t sound unreasonable. I get over 10k on mine… of course it’s spec’ed glass cannon and after using the 150% dmg signet, like others have said.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

well i just tested it myself and yes, is incredibly easy to hit 12k

lol, 2shotting people is so much fun XD hahahahaha!!
tho, i do hate being so weak, once i get snared im pretty much dead

ps: im used to this sneaky play style, my main is mesmer and i use stealth and sneakness a lot,
it might be harder for other people not used to it, but 12k crit is pretty normal with that build

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

If you are any class specced glass cannon, expect to get 2 shotted by a glass cannon thief. This goes for other thieves as well.

Working as intended.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

Actually it DOEST… if your looking for a ‘real world’ situation, Knights in heavy armor generally only used to protect the FRONT with the heaviest armor. The back was pretty much leather or cloth with straps holding the chest piece on.

The suits of armor you see in museums or castles are SHOW pieces and incredibly heavy for warfare. So Yes.. getting behind someone wearing heavy armor and stabbing them in the back IS and WAS a very real possibility.

The trick is NOT letting them GET behind the knight.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/bitcloud1/firegrab_zps2ad0d4fc.jpg

It’s possible for Ele’s too, we just fall over like a wet noodle if you notice us.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Actually it DOEST… if your looking for a ‘real world’ situation, Knights in heavy armor generally only used to protect the FRONT with the heaviest armor. The back was pretty much leather or cloth with straps holding the chest piece on.

The suits of armor you see in museums or castles are SHOW pieces and incredibly heavy for warfare. So Yes.. getting behind someone wearing heavy armor and stabbing them in the back IS and WAS a very real possibility.

The trick is NOT letting them GET behind the knight.

In this game its heavy from every side, at least the skins I looked at.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

12k hit possible ???

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

I have seen plenty +13k HS….