12th January - HoD / DH / GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Remedy.8051

Remedy.8051

Should be a better match now that Kaineng has moved up. Let’s have a good week.

Annoy (Mesmer) – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

let the screenies roll please! I wont be able to play till monday.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

welcome to the war DH! hope your enjoying yourself so far i know i am

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Weird to see DH and HoD in the same match again. Last time was with us (FA) months ago. From my understanding, that’s when DH’s troubles started. Will be interesting to see how DH will do in this tier. I think they have a chance of winning.

Any score updates?

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

i end tonight totally satisfied =). it was alot of fun, HOD doing incredibly well. then GOM/DH pushing back. no matter the scores, it will be an enjoyable week

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

Now these are the kind of fights we need. Darkhaven threw everything they had at us in Stonemist, and we managed to hold them off for several hours until they brought the big guns out(several siege golems) and decimated our gates. Our ballistae kept you away for a little bit, but you over-ran us shortly.
Anyways, it was an epic fight and props to HoD for noticing what was going on capitalizing by taking some of DH’s land.

Attachments:

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

in WvW

Posted by: Paul.5032

Paul.5032

First of all, welcome to tier 7, DH.
We held good 50~80 point lead until 11PM, and then we began losing due to low pop.

We lost Stonemist because we were ‘outmanned’; after Stonemist, we had found that we had 20 ppl in EB. Yikes…

GoM will need to grow night crews in order to keep its gains…

(edited by Paul.5032)

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

Well, there you go Kaining, Don’t steal RE’s golems and kill moa’s, and they’ll stick around to help you move up a few ‘tears’.

BTW, nice battles at SM this morning. after 6-7 weeks of crappy matchups, its actually fun again.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

DH held SM like a champ from 2 sides and GoM even had the lord to 50% before we pushed you guys out. I should have been on my war instead of an alt for that fight. For once we are in the lead when i loged out like 15 mins ago

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

BTW, nice battles at SM this morning. after 6-7 weeks of crappy matchups, its actually fun again.

We all hope you guys enjoy your stay in Tier 7. This week looks like it’ll be enjoyable. Pending some major transfers down to Tier 8 again, it appears 7/8 will be stable again.

Contrary to all the uninformed belly-aching we hear from the higher tiers about how dead it is down here, I expect you guys will find it to be a good couple of weeks.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone good luck. Possible suggestion: Send some folks down to T8 to do some studying of your competition…I fully expect T7/T8 to mingle a lot because all your Servers are awesomely matched!

Also: I’m totally cheering for GoM, had fun with you guys so I’ll sit in the stands and paint my face GoM colors and wear the Foam Finger for you!

in WvW

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

HoD wasn’t camping the JP that I saw. A bunch from all 3 servers were at the final part of EB when one of the DH guys started using the traps. I pulled him off, and he kept doing it, so I killed just that one guy, which led to a fair bit of fighting as other folks tried to res him. Later I broke a DH attempt to camp the menagerie (and note that I killed everyone who attacked me and no one else). If you want peace in the JP, you have to not try and kill people…

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Great fights so far, regardless who leads this week will be 9000% more enjoyable than last one. I love to fight with you guys from DH and HoD.

Few screens from last night, in order:
- HoD attacks Bravost = bags :-)
- DH big zerg wipe on Langor
- GoM wanted Ogres that bad

Late in the week I hope we can have the Fightclub event again, last time was blast.

Regards,

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Several postings have been removed that were off topic or otherwise against the rules of this forum. Please keep those rules in mind when posting. You can find more information especially regarding this sub-forum in the rules reminder thread.

(edited by Moderator.3406)

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

This has been the greatest match so far, honestly, kudos to everyone, DH, HoD and GoM.
I’ve never seen this balanced and competitive really great!

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Ive got to say thank you to DH, after hours of getting my corpse danced on by mindless zergs in weeks past, it was refreshing to have people salute after pushing in to take a camp.

It is funny how just the little things can make all the difference.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I’m having an absolute blast with this match too! Go our tier! Boo other tiers!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Actium.8765

Can I get a score update please? ;.; this is killing me not being able to check anything that is going on in the game from reset to monday afternoon…. having withdraws. D,:

in WvW

Dan.8709

I’m having an absolute blast with this match too! Go our tier! Boo other tiers!

Definitely!
I really doubt there’s any other matchup as good as the one we’re having right now.

And sure Acium, here you go!

Attachments:

in WvW

Actium.8765

Oh c’mon why do i have to be absent for the best matchup Darkhaven has had in weeks. -.- makes me sad.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Loving the match-up. I think this is the first time we’ve fought against Darkhaven, and it was well worth the wait.

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Great matchup and wonderfully courteous opponents! Have been passing by opponents in the jp and havent seen anyone try to kill each other. Big thumbs up to DH and GoM from HoD!

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in WvW

Posted by: Aurorae Eagle.9435

Aurorae Eagle.9435

To all my fellow Henge of Denravi players, I just want to say it was amazing holding Overlook with you today. Of the time I posted this message we have been holding out there for about 5 hours or so, and we have slain hundreds upon hundreds of players, destroyed 50 rams, 20 catapults and 6 golems after almost a dozen rapid and constant attacks from Darkhaven.

I feel older and greyer after that, Darkhaven, it was amazing holding keep against you and being the lone beacon of defiance against the green tide surrounding our overlook was a memory I won’t be forgetting any time soon. Thanks for the fight, now can you leave us alone for a few hours so I can sleep?

Henge of Denravi – Charter Vanguard
Commander Superb Blue Wren – Aquila Lightbringer – Aurorae Eagle

in WvW

Posted by: Loran Warmaster.1026

Loran Warmaster.1026

This is by far the best match up in a while, All worlds are doing a great job. A lot of us have been playing 17+ hrs in on siting. @eagle, yes I think we all need some sleep

“Bent but unbroken.”

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

It’s really sad I haven’t been able to be on as much as I’d like to this week (real life is hard and stuff!) but I’m really glad to see how this matchup is going. Good job to HoD on trying to defend Overlook, I was only there briefly but the rest of y’all were troopers.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

To all my fellow Henge of Denravi players, I just want to say it was amazing holding Overlook with you today. Of the time I posted this message we have been holding out there for about 5 hours or so, and we have slain hundreds upon hundreds of players, destroyed 50 rams, 20 catapults and 6 golems after almost a dozen rapid and constant attacks from Darkhaven.

I feel older and greyer after that, Darkhaven, it was amazing holding keep against you and being the lone beacon of defiance against the green tide surrounding our overlook was a memory I won’t be forgetting any time soon. Thanks for the fight, now can you leave us alone for a few hours so I can sleep?

ha I barely got any sleep last night cause HOD and GOM were trying to squeeze us DH on our keep my god it was a fun fight and HOD got through the first gate but didn’t have the forces to push into the second. DH then finally had two thieves one including me take out HOD trebs eventually took the tower and started to push yall back away from the our keep wonderful fight many glorious badges

in WvW

Actium.8765

1 more day and i’ll be back in action on the battlefront!! >:O miss you my zerglings!!

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

It finally appears that we’ve seen an equal match up!! I am super annoyed, I missed the kaineg onslaught. I wish i could’ve been there to help! And by the looks of it, i’ll be missing this week as well ;-;
Hopefully be back by the end of January!
Keep fighting my HoD brethren

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: DMC.8715

DMC.8715

Having a blast playing this match up, props go out to both HoD and GOM for putting up a great fight so far hope it keeps up for the rest of the week, one small suggestion though is enough with the corpse dancing it’s pretty annoying. Keep up the good fight Darkhaven

Rotten Egg (EGG) Darkhaven
lv 80 Ranger
Cpt Craptastic

in WvW

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Definitely a fantastic matchup so far. But agreed, the corpse dancing is pretty unnecessary.

Most of the time, as a giant purple-armored Charr thief, I just bow and keep going. Keep it up, DH.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in WvW

styx.7294

I never corpse dance but sometimes some of my friends, well, the adrenaline is going. I guess they’d be less stressed if people didn’t try to kill them everywhere they went. Like really, we’re just walking through the country side smelling the flowers. Fully armed.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

Look at it this way the longer they are spending time dancing on your corpse the less they are actually accomplishing points wise

I think we are all thankful to have DH in our tier this week I hope the DH players find it as fun as we do – this tier has far more skirmish type fighting which i really like

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

Look at it this way the longer they are spending time dancing on your corpse the less they are actually accomplishing points wise

I think we are all thankful to have DH in our tier this week I hope the DH players find it as fun as we do – this tier has far more skirmish type fighting which i really like

I cannot speak for the whole of DH, but I am absolutely loving this week. I haven’t had this much fun in WvW in a while. Haha

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

This is from last night.

All I have to say is what did QL ever do to you!!!

And no this isn’t some zergs are bad post. This was shortly after GoM zerged our way into DHs SM so they were getting a little pay back.

Attachments:

in WvW

Actium.8765

I’M BACK! Time to get in on this fun!!! >:D

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

Probably my favorite moment of this week was getting stuck in Redbriar after it was taken. Stealth running around Redbriar while being chased and avoiding attacks for a few minutes was pretty kitten fun. Haha

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Welcome to the week-day stretch. Kudos to DH for ending the weekend on top, but HoD is closing fast. And if our weeknight regulars show up, we should be right back in the mix as well.

Let’s see if DH can hold on ’til Friday. Keep up the good fights!

in WvW

Posted by: Scarecrow.5792

Scarecrow.5792

Great fight in Durios last night, as usual our night crew was down to about 10 or so players but we managed to get there and hold off against 20+ with both the wall and gate down for nearing 30 minutes! Although you guys did end up getting us in the end

Attachments:

- RISE – Holy – tM -
Scarecrow Z – Female Human Engineer

in WvW

Dan.8709

Of course Darkhaven is enjoying this match-up! Even people that never heard of the game are loving it hahaha, seriously it’s way too good, I honestly never had that much fun in WvW before.

And glad to have ya back, Acium! I love to see your tag up <3

About the dancing in corpses: eh, I don’t do it, but my friends do, they laugh their kitten off doing it, I don’t like it, but I believe everyone can just “whatever” and be fine, it’s not a big deal anyway, it’s only hateful when it’s a kitten thief that kills you during mining! haha

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

Definitely a fantastic matchup so far. But agreed, the corpse dancing is pretty unnecessary.

After they caught me afk…super mature.

Never said we weren’t doing it. Just said it should stop.

in WvW

Actium.8765

Fun time at anz.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

This has been a fun week. Kudos to our commanders and to DH and HoD for giving us some fun battles. Even talked one of my PvP hating guildies to join in the fray and I think she had a good time.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

(edited by Debois Guilbert.6413)

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It’s Tuesday and it’s still anybody’s match:

DH: 112,898+160
HoD: 110,256+300
GoM: 100,145+235

Screenshot: http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5923/scoretj.png

in WvW

Posted by: Aurorae Eagle.9435

Aurorae Eagle.9435

Hey guys! In case you missed it, HoD decided to have some late night/early morning fun and try and pull off an epic golem rush. Due to some mishaps it was a bit run and gun and I failed to get a shot with all of the golems in there before the rush, and also one of our omegas disconnected and his golem dissapeared..

However, we did build 3 omega golems and 5 alphas and then proceed to take Darkhaven Keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds, here is an imgur gallery with some screenshots I took. They were very very very rushed but there is one where you see 4 alphas and 2 omegas all together in the lords room.

Here is the gallery; http://imgur.com/a/8DTc5

Just want to say this has been a super fun week for all here at Henge of Denravi, we’re all super happy to be holding stonemist and these battles are amazing!

Henge of Denravi – Charter Vanguard
Commander Superb Blue Wren – Aquila Lightbringer – Aurorae Eagle

in WvW

Posted by: Aryanas.4612

Aryanas.4612

This match up has truly been a good one, DH fighting with HoD last night over Wildcreek in EB was a long one. And GoM fighting over Durios trying to treb SM can’t wait to do some more tonight guys, keep up the hard work everyone, this has been a fun battle.

HoD-Henge of Denravi-[PHZE]Aryanas

in WvW

styx.7294

I’m only posting to break up all the Eternal Battlegrounds talk.

Been having lots of fun dying in Darkhaven Borderlands!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: DIMH.5362

DIMH.5362

Hey all. I fought a great hammer guardian today at Redvale Refuge around 12-2pm EST. I think he was GOM, and he had the legendary hammer. I’m wondering if he/she is reading this, or someone who knows him/her is reading this and can contact him/her, can they tell them to reach out to me in game? My in-game handle is “D I M H”.

D I M H — Human Engineer [GT]
Henge of Denravi
“Express Delivery”

in WvW

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

wow, tier 7 looks like a lot of fun right now. i envy you guys! good luck to all.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

I’m only posting to break up all the Eternal Battlegrounds talk.

Been having lots of fun dying in Darkhaven Borderlands!

What are these magical Borderlands you speak of? Is that some sort of new WvW map or something?

in WvW

styx.7294

There aren’t many Gates of Madness videos so a guildie decided to make one =)

Gate of Madness