in WvW

Posted by: Lonya.2384

Lonya.2384

Dear HoD and DH,

Go to bed.

Love,
GoM

Aw, geewiz GoM!

I’m not tired. Can I stay up just a little longer to finish capping this keep? Pretty please?

HoD = home for life

12th January - HoD / DH / GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Dear HoD and DH,

Go to bed.

Love,
GoM

Nevaaaa!!! doses off at the keyboard

Lol but seriously this has been so neck and neck it’s been incredibly hard to log off. I’m sure you know what I mean GoM. I’m sure you guys are suffering late nights now just like us.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in WvW

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

@ Lonya. Epic come back to Team Battle Axe’s awesome post. (sprayed my coffee laughing reading these post this morning) Its nice to see we can kill each other and still demonstrate a measure of civility.. Very very fun match up this week. Both in game and out. Thank you HoD and DH.

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

I know you can not hear me in game. So I come here to make a post. Just want to say thanks to Green and Blue. Thank you very much guys.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

HoD has really stepped up their gameplay from the last couple of weeks and DH is just an all-around awesome server to fight against. We’re looking a little thinner than normal, but we’re hanging in there as best we can. Definitely a fun week of fighting and it looks like we’ll get to enjoy the same match-up again next week.

If anyone wants to host another Thursday night fight club this week, count me in.

in WvW

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

okay idk if anyone from their guild will see this, but i want to give a shoutout of respect to the Guild Ravens Hold in GOM, your all very coordinated, and very talented players, everytime you guys show up its always an intense fight.

keep it up!, its been a fun week

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: Fenrir Bartea.5917

Fenrir Bartea.5917

@ Havvik Nightseeker, I’ve got some friends in RH, I’ll have to let em’ know their efforts aren’t going unnoticed

@Darkhaven
After your ridiculous siege of redbriar involving a huge zerg 5 catas a ram and a treb @ the ruins its still ours. HAHA.
Seriously though, good fight, GoM borderlands hasn’t been that lively in a while.

in WvW

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Funny moment with GoM choosing to chase DH back to their spawn. Didn’t exactly go too well. (Legendary defenders)

Attachments:

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

We finally took out the DH thief trolling us inside of Durios for an hour or so. I will say this, though. If your objective was to keep about 8 of us distracted for a while, then mission accomplished.

Attachments:

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

okay idk if anyone from their guild will see this, but i want to give a shoutout of respect to the Guild Ravens Hold in GOM, your all very coordinated, and very talented players, everytime you guys show up its always an intense fight.

Thanks! I totally just got killed by Henge of Denravi on Henge of Denravi Borderlands so that’s good to hear!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: RootOfLyfe.9748

RootOfLyfe.9748

THANK YOU! That means a lot to us. We’re continually working on being a more effective force in WvW and being recognized in a positive light is very nice to hear.

Commander Pierre Von Fluen
Raven Hold [RH]
Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

We finally took out the DH thief trolling us inside of Durios for an hour or so. I will say this, though. If your objective was to keep about 8 of us distracted for a while, then mission accomplished.

Don’t see how him fighting you is trolling you.. or am I missing something?

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

Don’t see how him fighting you is trolling you.. or am I missing something?

He was throwing caltops at us whenever we manned any sort of siege.
Edit: no wall or gate was down during this time, or at least most of the time they weren’t.

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

(edited by Buddy.7563)

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

I just want to give a little bow to the DH thief that I dueled with tonight on the HoD Borderlands. A teammate and I were watching him, he stealthed and jumped my ally, stomped him, and then him and I fought for what felt like forever, we both downed each other and I managed to win. He then party requested me simply to say that it was an amazing duel and hopes we meet again. That’s sportsmanship right there, and it was fun and I respect his skills.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

(edited by WhiteRose.6934)

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

I just want to give a little bow to the DH thief that I dueled with tonight on the HoD Borderlands. A teammate and I were watching him, he stealthed and jumped my ally, stomped him, and then him and I fought for what felt like forever, we both downed each other and I managed to win. He then party requested me simply to say that it was an amazing duel and hopes we meet again. That’s sportsmanship right there, and it was fun and I respect his skills.

Was the fight right next to a guard post, and are you an elementalist, and was he a Charr?

in WvW

WhiteRose.6934

Was the fight right next to a guard post, and are you an elementalist, and was he a Charr?

Yes indeed it was. In all honesty I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have won if the guard wasn’t there. He more than kept me on my toes.

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

Yes indeed it was. In all honesty I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have won if the guard wasn’t there. He more than kept me on my toes.

Ahaha. Nah, you won fantastically, guard or no, and I was impressed. You definitely know how to control your movements, which is coming from a thief. I look forward to a rematch one day.

in WvW

Posted by: Jashoa.9652

Jashoa.9652

Lol… Everyone’s so busy fighting, no one’s here for trakittenalk unlike last week. And the score is so so close! This time it’s really an unknown until 1 day before reset.

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

My internet’s being all sketchy, so I got to spend some quality time with windows movie maker instead of defending the borderlands.

Here’s a clip of a really fun fight that took place earlier this week. DH eventually won that fight and kicked us out, but we made a good stand and held out for a solid 10 minutes or so.
http://youtu.be/vwo-4Pkzv4g

in WvW

Posted by: Miasma.8930

Miasma.8930

We can take any keep, at any time, at any land, whenever we want.

Its been an awesome week, and hope to have more fun. I haven’t really had the chance to 1v1 anyone because I can’t find anyone to 1v1 bahah. But there are some really skilled people and it is such a fair tier.

Attachments:

(edited by Miasma.8930)

in WvW

Posted by: Darzinth.7960

Darzinth.7960

Good job HoD… you’re making me want to start my own golem apocalypse.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Celestial Apocalypse
Mesmer – Krissadi | Warrior – Bloodpriest Rosette

in WvW

Actium.8765

;.; I don’t like that pie chart… blue and red go fight eachother more please. D,:

in WvW

Posted by: Miasma.8930

Miasma.8930

;.; I don’t like that pie chart… blue and red go fight eachother more please. D,:

but i love green so much its a bright color

in WvW

WhiteRose.6934

Ahaha. Nah, you won fantastically, guard or no, and I was impressed. You definitely know how to control your movements, which is coming from a thief. I look forward to a rematch one day.

You as well! I haven’t had a good duel like that in a long time. And you’re an amazing thief, usually I’m not very impressed with thieves but yours really earned my respect. Makes me jealous I can’t play mine that well >_<

in WvW

Posted by: TheFreshBrew.1958

TheFreshBrew.1958

We can take any keep, at any time, at any land, whenever we want.

Haha, with the exception being Lowlands (Keep) , During the Day (time) , in EB (land).

Maybe today you’ll have better luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

Looks like we’ll be together again next week. Let the games…ummmm…continue!!

Here’s the link: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

Again I would just like to thank the GoM and DH players for a great week and I am thankful we are matched again next week – at this point ANYONE can win this tier and THAT is worth it – i think we have all had both outmanned and queues this week

We have meet some REALLY good skilled players and look forward to future fights
We hope to clean up some of the newer folks less tasteful actions

ALSO, if we want to have a FIGHT NIGHT then TONIGHT is the night we need to do it
It is short notice but if the RH guys from GoM can group some HoD guys from LK, CV, or GT then all we need is a good contact for the DH server maybe Actium from OFA?

hey who wants to see two golems duke it out…

(edited by kreese.9461)

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Yesssss…. fight night!
Where at and what time? I’ll be home after 8pm CST.

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

ok TeamBattleAxe after speaking to some folks sanity has prevailed – this weeks score is just too close to allow it – but that just means you can hunt my little asura down in HoD borderlands

sorry all but NO FIGHT NIGHT THIS WEEK

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

ok TeamBattleAxe after speaking to some folks sanity has prevailed – this weeks score is just too close to allow it – but that just means you can hunt my little asura down in HoD borderlands

sorry all but NO FIGHT NIGHT THIS WEEK

Welp, there goes my strategy of enticing both HoD and DH into a fight night so that GoM could sneak around and cap everything while you guys are distracted.

Maybe next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dairius Stillgard.1953

Dairius Stillgard.1953

Just had one of the best battles today with HoD in the Erternal Battle grounds,I came in to see that HoD was trebbing Durios and a small grp of invaders hitting the gates,So I took our troops north to hit Ogre watch we first took the camps along the way along with the Ogre’s then moved in to take the camp next to ogre watch once we did that we proceeded to lay down rams at the gate, soon after that defenders started showing up in mass.
They then pushed back to the ogre camps where we then started setting up trebs AC’s and ballista from there we started our bombardment, this siege went on for a couple of hrs before we declared that we were not going to take the twr however we did acommplish one goal to pull you away form Durios.
so I do have to say I really enjoyed that fight thanks much HoD!

Commander Kaargoth Soulbrand/LvL 80 Ranger GoM
Harbingerrs Of Tyria guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Has really been fun this week so far, i’ve only recently bought GW2 (a week to day to be exact) and after coming in on the tail of last week’s nightmare in WvW and thankfully switching to this match up, i have to say im really enjoying WvW now.

I did have horrid flashbacks of GOM’s last week’s match up at 5 am this morning, red…red everywhere.

p.s. theives and mesmers really keep you on your toes dont they?

for gom guys, my name is munitias in game, for other servers, im probably ran away from you, whyd i pick a toon that is a large target…that is also healing everyone>.>

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in WvW

Actium.8765

Again I would just like to thank the GoM and DH players for a great week and I am thankful we are matched again next week – at this point ANYONE can win this tier and THAT is worth it – i think we have all had both outmanned and queues this week

We have meet some REALLY good skilled players and look forward to future fights
We hope to clean up some of the newer folks less tasteful actions

ALSO, if we want to have a FIGHT NIGHT then TONIGHT is the night we need to do it
It is short notice but if the RH guys from GoM can group some HoD guys from LK, CV, or GT then all we need is a good contact for the DH server maybe Actium from OFA?

hey who wants to see two golems duke it out…

Feel free to contact me in game if you want to have a fight night. I’m always down to have some 1v1 action. Or even 2v2. Also, i’ll see if my server mates are up for it.

This will also depend on how close the scores are when I get home. Which will generally be at about 1900 pst. (7pm for you non military types.^.^)

Also just on a side night… <(^.^)> <(^.^<) (>^.^)> ^(^.^)^ <(^.^)> it’s peanut butter jelly time.

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

You guys don’t want to know how disappointed I am that I missed this week.

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

Good job HoD… you’re making me want to start my own golem apocalypse.

Watch it in video :P

Looking forward to next week.

ADD-ON
I posted this here, and someone from HoD cautioned that the video might be received in offense by those in DH, as though we were trying to rub victory in your faces.

What actually happened was when our borderland crew was besieged by a large group of DH at our EH keep. They came armed with a golem, and took us quite by surprise. Would have won as well, if a bunch of others from EB did not show up at the last minute.

So the borderlands crew came up with a zany plan to spin that golem trick back on DH. And quickly, one golem turned into two, and ended up at four. We were half expecting to get stopped, and our golems killed, but our hit on DH’s rather empty hills keep came without a hitch. And people began building more golems, while others flocked to the map to join in the zerg. So we decided to hit garrison, then the bay keep, and eventually the rest of the towers, all without so much as one or two defenders each time sneaking past us and doing little to stop the mob.

So the golem apocalypse was unplanned, but somehow it worked – admittedly, we were surprised ourselves. Maybe because of the hour it was launched. And last I checked (before I logged) was that there was intent to have none of the towers/keeps upgraded so that you guys would not have a problem reclaiming them, and in the process, getting yourselves some xp too.

Hope that clears matters up, and that no offense was taken. We would certainly like to keep up the good relations we’ve had all week. DH has quickly become one of our favourite servers to compete against, and we are really glad to be matched with you guys again. Hope you feel the same way.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

(edited by Talia.7412)

in WvW

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

man DH and GOM…your gonna keep me on my toes today arent you :P

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

I have to honestly say it is match-ups like this week that pull you in. I enjoyed it tremendously the back and forth battles. The sportmanship in game and on these postings really make one smile and want to play more. Here’s to another week of good times, great battles, hair pulling, and laughs!

salute to GoM and DH

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

in WvW

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

I have to honestly say it is match-ups like this week that pull you in. I enjoyed it tremendously the back and forth battles. The sportmanship in game and on these postings really make one smile and want to play more. Here’s to another week of good times, great battles, hair pulling, and laughs!

salute to GoM and DH

Salute to all. Well done defenders.

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

in WvW

Posted by: Kissy.8215

Kissy.8215

This was a fantastic week. I have spent more time in WvW this week than in the last 2 months, and I was alive for most of it!

Prepare for your descent into Madness….

in WvW

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

HOD IS RECRUITING WVW PLAYERS…jk =) looking foward to another week

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

All I know is DH better be blue this week or im blowing 20g on golems and taking 1 tower in blue bl. 99.9% is worse than 10% for map completion

I think once there was a week were it came down to the final day before reset to have someone crowned the winner with DH. DH/DB/ and i cant remember the other server.

Great fights allaround on all fronts. Cant wait for next week now

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in WvW

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

also can we do fight night this week =D

[Wake] main driver/GL

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

All I know is DH better be blue this week or im blowing 20g on golems and taking 1 tower in blue bl. 99.9% is worse than 10% for map completion

I think once there was a week were it came down to the final day before reset to have someone crowned the winner with DH. DH/DB/ and i cant remember the other server.

Great fights allaround on all fronts. Cant wait for next week now

Sorry bud, you’re still green.

If you can find 20 people to man golems and another 20 people to keep the golems safe and get them all to round up the 2000 supply and then get them all to show up at the tower you want, you are one of the better commanders in this tier I’d say.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

GoM will also accept 20 dropped golem blueprints as payment for safe passage to your last point of interest. Of course, we’ll have to kill you after, but at least you’ll die with a shiny emblem next to your name.