1500 Range is an exploit

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Tired of engi/ranger spamming on obsi sanctum from 1500 range where they are unhittable by ALL CLASSES except traited rangers/engis…so fair and fun

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Suck it up, shorty.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Who cares about OS?

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Only thing that can be called “unfair” is being able to attack stuff while having “determined” buff on.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Ranger is op! Nerf it finaly pls!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Ranger has a trait line that increase longbow (eagle eye) range to 1500.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Haguen Breakerminds.9534

Haguen Breakerminds.9534

If you died by a ranger doing that, probably you deserve it. I’m sure you were killing noobs in the entrance who wanted go to the puzzle for achievement. If you want balanced duels, go to the obsidian sanctum’s arena like a man!

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Ranger has a trait line that increase longbow (eagle eye) range to 1500.

Yes, and to have it, a Ranger needs to give up Piercing Arrows (which is one of their few ways to hit multiple targets with their arrows), Spotter (which helps their team), or Signet of the Beastmaster (which allows active signet effects to apply to the Ranger and not just their pet). And now ANet will be adding yet another choice to give up, Read the Wind, which will allow arrows to travel faster. Right now, my WvW-traited ranger doesn’t have Eagle Eye and does without the 1500 range because I think both Piercing Arrows and Signet of the Beastmaster are more important.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

ranger getting ya down? roll an elementalist and hit him from an even farther range than his bow with the splash of your fire staff 1 button. pew pew pew!

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: KraunK.2319

KraunK.2319

Who cares about OS, seriously.
laming/childish stuff everywhere.

The exploits during this tournament are quite different…….

I’m the Italian in Algeri

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Ha ha…

Just to make the OP’s day, Rangers are getting a new trait on the 15.4.14, that allows there arrows to travel twice as fast. So they will be able to stick 2x the amount of arrows in you now, all at 1500 range…lol

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

So your complaint is that the ‘Ranger’ class… has longer ‘range’?

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ha ha…

Just to make the OP’s day, Rangers are getting a new trait on the 15.4.14, that allows there arrows to travel twice as fast. So they will be able to stick 2x the amount of arrows in you now, all at 1500 range…lol

Which means doing without Spotter, Signet of the Beastmaster or Piercing arrows. Improving single target dps at the expense of survivability and multi target hitting is usually known as compromise.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Tired of engi/ranger spamming on obsi sanctum from 1500 range where they are unhittable by ALL CLASSES except traited rangers/engis…so fair and fun

So are you asking for nerfs to these classes? Are you actually asking for a nerf to the Ranger…. lol.

Sure bring the ranger down to 1200 but reduce the damage and defense of every other class by 30% to compensate.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

ranger getting ya down? roll an elementalist and hit him from an even farther range than his bow with the splash of your fire staff 1 button. pew pew pew!

the LB AA with trait can reach 1800 range (level ground). It is a bug, and has been confirmed by ArenaNet as being “unfixable” for the time being as the bug is related to the targeting system itself..

So no, you cannot “outrange” a ranger. Oh and the only way to get 1500 range with ele is to use meteor shower. That means that you will have a RNG AOE vs a focused single target damage weapon. Fact is, you need to channel meteor shower, so you are likely to get killed by just trying.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Harry.4560

Harry.4560

Ha ha…

No, the rate of fire stays the same but the arrows hit easier to their targets.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

bug thats slightly balance stupid BUGGED pet ..
and yes if you died by ranger you deserve that and pls dont say you were a warrior as it would be really sad ..

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Stop trying to invuln pewpew from the ledges and jump down like everyone else?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

bug thats slightly balance stupid BUGGED pet ..
and yes if you died by ranger you deserve that and pls dont say you were a warrior as it would be really sad ..

i killed a warrior in melee range with LB last week at Thursday. and i ran full glass on my ranger. So pls don’t say that is sad, because every warrior will be grieving then.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

the LB AA with trait can reach 1800 range (level ground). It is a bug, and has been confirmed by ArenaNet as being “unfixable” for the time being as the bug is related to the targeting system itself..

So no, you cannot “outrange” a ranger. Oh and the only way to get 1500 range with ele is to use meteor shower. That means that you will have a RNG AOE vs a focused single target damage weapon. Fact is, you need to channel meteor shower, so you are likely to get killed by just trying.

it was posted in humor and you spent way to much time responding to it. go play wvw and help TC win.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

You can count on one hand, the amount of situations where 1500 range actually gives an advantage. Trading hits between the invulnerable ledges in Obsidian Sanctum is extremely boring, but more power to you if that’s what you like to do though.

1500 Range is an exploit

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I agree it’s somewhat cheap, but you can always just walk back a few steps and get the Invulnerable buff yourself so they can’t kill you. There was a Blackgate ranger on the nearby platform that seemed to have it in for me and kept on trying to kill me. I don’t think he managed to get a single kill (on myself or anybody else) because we’d just insta-revive anybody who got downed. It was nothing but a colossal waste of time for him.