16 hours of play in T1 (so far)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Having never been to T1, I thought I would try it and see what I was missing. So for a combined 16 hours since reset, I have been playing in T1 and all I can say is… one or the worst GW2 WvW experiences I have been through.

Roaming: Being mostly a roamer, the limited roaming I have done in T1 so far has been poor. I had a total of 62 non-zerg fights and 90% of them were in completely lopsided matches one way or another. I did manage to flip most camps on 2 BLs without seeing an enemy early NA morning. In the even matches, the players are relatively less skilled compared to T2. I suspect there is simply less roamers so fewer total skilled roamers. Also worth noting, all skills seem to have a 1s lag. Took me a while to adjust. Solo roaming in T1 at least on the weekends pales in comparison to T2.

Zerging: Having come all the way here, I had to try the zerging. Wowsa. If you like zerg on zerg action, this is the place to be. I am pretty sure half the players in the T1 zergs are running a necro build. The fights are like watching paint dry though. Oh and the LAGGGGGG… the LAG reaches epic proportions. Easily 2-3x worse than T2. It may have been a poor weekend to try TC as they are currently getting shelled by large zergs everywhere I turn. Go to a camp, zerg. Go to a tower, zerg. Stroll by SM, zerg. Get into a decent fight, zerg runs through. Fight to hold your WP in garrison against two q’d enemy zergs… 4 hours with a loss finally coming from one server camping the lord and the other camping the ring. It was a massive fight which might have been fun if not for the LAGGGGGG.

Conclusion:I will keep playing for a few more days, but I am already missing T2. T2 seems a better blend of large scale fights while catering to the roamers with solid roaming fights. This is the weekend so a full picture of T1 won’t develop until weekday fights commence.

My server history to date (estimated… been a while): BP (1.5 years/T6-T3) -> HoD (3 months/T6-T3) -> Mag (3 months/T2) -> YB (3 months/T3-T2) -> TC

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

thats disappointing to hear, i want to do exactly this… check out t1 so i can see what its like after staying in low tiers since i started over 2 years ago. ive been to every tier now except t2 and t1 (but a couple of friends were on mag during its t2 golden age). im planning to transfer after my current server crashes down to fight my “home” server.

hmm… 62 roaming fights is about 4/hour. even with the drastically lower populations in low tier servers you can do much much better than a fight every 15 minutes, without the hassle of needing to run from a zerg at every corner. i dunno, i guess its not a valid assumption to say youre looking for roaming style fights while youre zerging… whats the breakdown for time spent zerging vs roaming?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

The key to understanding T1 is going to be voice communications. You will need to establish how voice comms work on your server and always use them. T1 will make no sense without voice comms.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

the issue is in anytime other then na prime, t2 is a ghost town, so most ocx /sea play in t1 only because it’s the place that actually has enemy players… this carries over on the weekend when ocx / sea plays during the day. have a crack at roaming during the week, might have more fun.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

roaming in T1 sounds like a no-no. Maybe ill hold on to my vacation gold I’ve been saving.

[SA]

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

You can roam in T1 and be ignorant of the movement of forces around you. People do that.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

You can run with the zerg and be ignorant of how it is moving. The zerg actually may depend on that. We need meat shields, people who over commit because they don’t know where the commander is going. They protect the rest of us as they die.

For the Toast!

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

You can run with the zerg and be ignorant of how it is moving. The zerg actually may depend on that. We need meat shields, people who over commit because they don’t know where the commander is going. They protect the rest of us as they die.

seems like a bad idea to insult servermates and potential servermates
prolly oughta keep your mouth shut here and just make fun of them on those voice comms of yours

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

the issue is in anytime other then na prime, t2 is a ghost town, so most ocx /sea play in t1 only because it’s the place that actually has enemy players… this carries over on the weekend when ocx / sea plays during the day.

Says the guy who hasn’t played in a T2 matchup for well over a year.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

prolly oughta keep your mouth shut here and just make fun of them on those voice comms of yours

No insult intended. It’s just good information. In my experience, if you cannot hear a commander who has explicitly asked you to get in voice communications, you may get used as a meat shield. It’s a very effective strategy for a commander being followed by a lot of pugs. Run them toward the enemy, then back up as the enemy blows their cooldowns and the pugs die, then advance.

[some commanders will actually count and comp the pugs by asking people in voice communication to stand to one side while the tag clicks each one who did not stand aside.]

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

No insult intended. It’s just good information. In my experience, if you cannot hear a commander who has explicitly asked you to get in voice communications, you may get used as a meat shield. It’s a very effective strategy for a commander being followed by a lot of pugs. Run them toward the enemy, then back up as the enemy blows their cooldowns and the pugs die, then advance.

T1 confirmed. blob up or die.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

could swing back thru the waypoint and pick the pugs back up and do it again, if desired.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

lots of qq about blob fights from people who fail them. massive zerg fights are gorgeous, probably the best thing in GW2 both conceptually and visually. Big zerg fights can be absolutely beautiful expressions of human creativity.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Conclusion:I will keep playing for a few more days, but I am already missing T2. T2 seems a better blend of large scale fights while catering to the roamers with solid roaming fights. This is the weekend so a full picture of T1 won’t develop until weekday fights commence.

My server history to date (estimated… been a while): BP (1.5 years/T6-T3) -> HoD (3 months/T6-T3) -> Mag (3 months/T2) -> YB (3 months/T3-T2) -> TC

I thought this part was rather comical, personally. I moved from kitten T2 and I feel like you just described all of my experiences on T2. I do not feel you know what your talking about, if you really think the necro percentage is more in T1 then T2.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

you need to live thru the fights to see that. : )

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

A handful of guildmates and I roam in T1 every night and transferring down isn’t an option. Zergs are an environmental hazard, adjust your build for some mobility and keep your eyes peeled. If you play prime time on a weekend, expect massive blobs.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

maybe watch for the drop in fps that feels like the ground is shaking. watch out or get ready to suicide/report what your corpse sees in black and white.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I roam a lot in T1. Just because roaming in T1 isn’t what roaming is in other tiers, doesn’t mean there aren’t fights to be had. Roamers in T1 are generally more objective focused, whether that’s cutting off respawns or hitting camps. Also, snowball effect of trying to combat blobs (1 side blobs up, another side tries to get similar numbers to combat, 3rd side has to do the same etc etc and it can’t be stopped or else you lose everything).

If what you want out of roaming is duels, contact people. Random duels don’t happen in T1 very often. It’s gank or be ganked.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

T1 confirmed. blob up or die.

+1

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I have a love hate relationship with T1, personally. I’ve been in lower tiers but after being in T1 I wouldn’t want to go lower. I take WvW very seriously as it’s the only thing I really do in GW2. I play to support my server by enforcing the PPT and to do that I mostly roam, harass camps/yaks/towers, kill solos and small groups if I can manage and destroy siege in towers/keeps before notifying my server that said tower/keep is now defenseless. I love roaming and I love feeling like I’m contributing instead of feeling like just another fish in the blob.

What I love is that T1 is always active. I love to win and I love to contribute to the win. I love that no matter what hour I’m on there’s someone to fight or something to do.

What I hate is that if I’m not constantly aware of everything that’s happening on the map, constantly checking my map, constantly looking over my shoulder, I’ll get blobbed or ganked by 5 – 10 people. I hate that when I roam I rarely encounter other friendly roamers because most people in T1 would rather blob. And I also hate that if I do encounter another friendly roamer the majority of the time I can’t count on them at all because they have no idea how to roam.

It looks like my hate outweighs my love but to be honest… I just like to win.. And I accept how silly that sounds but that’s how I play the game and that’s how I enjoy it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A handful of guildmates and I roam in T1 every night and transferring down isn’t an option. Zergs are an environmental hazard, adjust your build for some mobility and keep your eyes peeled. If you play prime time on a weekend, expect massive blobs.

“An environmental hazard” I like that and it’s funny because a friend of mine used the exact same term some time ago.

It’s true and I both like and dislike it. I like that I get an adrenaline rush when capping a camp or soloing a tower but I dislike that the slightest mistake will mean you end up blobbed by 50 people and some knob jumping on your corpse.

It’s fun to dodge zergs or to play “catch the fluffy squirrel” by seeing who you can kite away from the group but it gets old pretty fast some days.

Roaming will always be what I enjoy most but.. Sometimes I just wish 20 people wouldn’t break from their zerg to chase you half way across the map so I can just enjoy fights and caps -_-. Such a buzz kill.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Zerging: Having come all the way here, I had to try the zerging. Wowsa. If you like zerg on zerg action, this is the place to be. I am pretty sure half the players in the T1 zergs are running a necro build. The fights are like watching paint dry though.

Were you in Teamspeak with your commander during this? That’s probably the single thing that makes the biggest difference to the experience.
Not being on voice comms with your group not only makes fights dull, there’s a good chance it also makes your contribution completely negligible. This is more true than ever with the current necro bomb meta.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Having moved to JQ recently from T2 YB with my guild, there are definitely downsides to going to T1. I was never that big of a fan of huge blob battles and preferred 15s and 20s, but T1 servers definitely run fat. The bags are glorious, of course, but when you’re running with numbers that big fights essentially boil down to standing off each other and trying to bait the other into wasting their CDs. Melee can’t really push in without eating about 50 necro wells and melting instantly, so there’s a lot of standing around staring at each other, fake pushing, etc.

I have to say I seriously miss T2 reset night as T1 reset basically comprised of fights like the above, repairing walls/gates and queuing. It wasn’t half as fun as T2. Good luck running in 10-15 person groups if that’s all you have on in your guild at the time, you pretty much stand no chance whenever the blob shows up. You either blob up yourself or get farmed by 60 people spamming 1. GG.

Having said that, JQ community seems cool and the quality of PUGs/militia in T1 seems to be much higher than lower tiers, probably because they’re very used to this style of play. There’s also action pretty much 24/7 so there’s always something going on. Running around PvDing outside of NA hours in lower tiers or finding out there was just nothing at all going on was never that fun, although it was nice to be able to roam or run with a smaller group and still be able accomplish things; something which is exceedingly difficult to do in T1 due to the sheer number of people running around in blobs.

I’m hoping T1 will grow on me after I’ve been here for awhile. I definitely can see it isn’t for everyone, though. I’ll definitely be investing in an alt account next time GW2 is on sale to put on a lower tier server.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

All I can say is T1 now, is not nearly as blobby as T1 used to be.
That and since the guild I am in runs havoc 99% the time, I have a ton of fun, even if it’s only 5-10 of us, capping an entire map, while JQ/BG/TC main forces are all on 1 map fighting one another. ^.~

In reality all servers have blobs in their tiers. (Granted it may not be an 80 person blob, but it’s the equivalent in the tier the server is in.)

If people want to lose having “blobs” then what guilds need to do is mandatory break their guild groups from running 1 large group, into multiple smaller ones. Anet doesn’t cause Blobs, players do. (Weather its a 80person blob in T1, or the equivalent blob for a lower tier of 40 persons.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Having never been to T1, I thought I would try it and see what I was missing. So for a combined 16 hours since reset, I have been playing in T1 and all I can say is… one or the worst GW2 WvW experiences I have been through.

Roaming: Being mostly a roamer, the limited roaming I have done in T1 so far has been poor. I had a total of 62 non-zerg fights and 90% of them were in completely lopsided matches one way or another. I did manage to flip most camps on 2 BLs without seeing an enemy early NA morning. In the even matches, the players are relatively less skilled compared to T2. I suspect there is simply less roamers so fewer total skilled roamers. Also worth noting, all skills seem to have a 1s lag. Took me a while to adjust. Solo roaming in T1 at least on the weekends pales in comparison to T2.

Zerging: Having come all the way here, I had to try the zerging. Wowsa. If you like zerg on zerg action, this is the place to be. I am pretty sure half the players in the T1 zergs are running a necro build. The fights are like watching paint dry though. Oh and the LAGGGGGG… the LAG reaches epic proportions. Easily 2-3x worse than T2. It may have been a poor weekend to try TC as they are currently getting shelled by large zergs everywhere I turn. Go to a camp, zerg. Go to a tower, zerg. Stroll by SM, zerg. Get into a decent fight, zerg runs through. Fight to hold your WP in garrison against two q’d enemy zergs… 4 hours with a loss finally coming from one server camping the lord and the other camping the ring. It was a massive fight which might have been fun if not for the LAGGGGGG.

So to summarize:

OP has a personal experience. Experience is negative but ultimately subjective. OP mistakes subjective experience for objective fact. OP wastes time posting on forums instead of following subjective feelings back to T2. GG.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I lasted a whole week and 2 days on T1…

The zergs was huge, the loots bags plenty but as a roamer there was nothing challenging other than “how long will this 5-10 man guild group chase me for”….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

em…anothe cowboy that gor world map with only Murica.

add: EU is not like that.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

em…anothe cowboy that gor world map with only Murica.

add: EU is not like that.

EU T1 is more or less the same as NA T1 but with different points of coverage. NA T1 is a little cancerous atm due to ‘push weeks’ though.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Straegen.2938

To answer some of the questions:

• Yes I did run Mumble and follow the commander in the zerg. Not my first rodeo after nearly 4k WvW hours.
  • T2 is not a ghost town. I play in NA prime as well as 2-3 hours well outside prime (NA mornings usually) and there are always zergs somewhere and lots of roaming fights.
  • I split my time between zerging and roaming. Fights were easy to find either way but it was difficult to get into a 1v1 or 2v1 situation and fight it out without interference.
  • While roaming, often a larger force shows up which is what settled those fights. It seems a durable build is more important than skill since one could simply wait for reinforcements that generally show in a minute or so.
  • The zerg fights are big and numerous which would be a great thing to me if not for the current ridiculous amount of lag. EB while playable was at times as bad as I have ever seen it both in the zerg and outside it. The BLs were considerably better. Fighting in T1 felt like fighting under the influence as all skills have a delay on them virtually all the time.
  • Some of what I am stating is fact but the conclusions are my opinion. My experience so far in T1 is a comparison to my recent T2 play and years of T2-T6.
  • Weekday fights may be substantially better and less laggy than heavy weekend fighting. I am holding “judgement” until another 16 hours of play during the weekday.
  • This is a very small sampling of T1 data and I am well aware of that.
  • I used my Warrior, Thief, Guaridan and Necro (all level 80, full ascended and modernized builds except the Thief… I love P/P despite its general poor performance).

So far my conclusion is if you like roaming/skirmish go to or stay in T2. If you like zergs, T2 has them with less lag but the fights aren’t as numerous so PvD happens far more frequently. If T1 lag lifts, T1 would be my recommendation for this style of fighting. Until then go there knowing your 1 skill attack may be the only skill that works reliably from time to time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

The key to understanding T1 is going to be voice communications. You will need to establish how voice comms work on your server and always use them. T1 will make no sense without voice comms.

This is a completely off-the-wall question, but what is the current capacity of the voice comms around T1-ish? In other words, how many concurrent connections do you have at one time? We’re rising through the ranks a bit on ET and we’re starting to attract more players because of it and I’d like an idea of what we might need capacity-wise if we continue to grow.

Thanks in advance.

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

• While roaming, often a larger force shows up which is what settled those fights. It seems a durable build is more important than skill since one could simply wait for reinforcements that generally show in a minute or so.

So because you failed to secure a victory your opponents are without skill. The correction here is that you were outplayed. You lost. Anything else is scrub talk.

• The zerg fights are big and numerous which would be a great thing to me if not for the current ridiculous amount of lag. EB while playable was at times as bad as I have ever seen it both in the zerg and outside it. The BLs were considerably better. Fighting in T1 felt like fighting under the influence as all skills have a delay on them virtually all the time.

Plenty of people suffer lag. Two years playing from half a world away and I’ve rarely if ever seen it. So is this really a “T1 issue”, or is it more likely tied to those users? Hmm.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

This is a completely off-the-wall question, but what is the current capacity of the voice comms around T1-ish? In other words, how many concurrent connections do you have at one time? We’re rising through the ranks a bit on ET and we’re starting to attract more players because of it and I’d like an idea of what we might need capacity-wise if we continue to grow.

Thanks in advance.

At reset night we can have 250+ people on TS, in different channels. On week days prime time, we regularly have an average of 50 people on one float channel and a bit less on other one or two BL channel.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Thanks in advance.

BG TS is 1000 slots build for the old T1, numbers have dwindled considerably as of late though. During typical prime hours we can have around 300 clients on concurrently (1.5-2x more during seasons). Highest ever was during Teq with some 900+ concurrent connections.

[ICoa] Blackgate

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Thanks in advance.

At reset night we can have 250+ people on TS, in different channels. On week days prime time, we regularly have an average of 50 people on one float channel and a bit less on other one or two BL channel.

Thanks for the answer. I wasn’t sure how many, just knew it was more than 100.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Having moved to JQ recently from T2 YB with my guild, there are definitely downsides to going to T1. I was never that big of a fan of huge blob battles and preferred 15s and 20s, but T1 servers definitely run fat. The bags are glorious, of course, but when you’re running with numbers that big fights essentially boil down to standing off each other and trying to bait the other into wasting their CDs. Melee can’t really push in without eating about 50 necro wells and melting instantly, so there’s a lot of standing around staring at each other, fake pushing, etc.

I have to say I seriously miss T2 reset night as T1 reset basically comprised of fights like the above, repairing walls/gates and queuing. It wasn’t half as fun as T2. Good luck running in 10-15 person groups if that’s all you have on in your guild at the time, you pretty much stand no chance whenever the blob shows up. You either blob up yourself or get farmed by 60 people spamming 1. GG.

Having said that, JQ community seems cool and the quality of PUGs/militia in T1 seems to be much higher than lower tiers, probably because they’re very used to this style of play. There’s also action pretty much 24/7 so there’s always something going on. Running around PvDing outside of NA hours in lower tiers or finding out there was just nothing at all going on was never that fun, although it was nice to be able to roam or run with a smaller group and still be able accomplish things; something which is exceedingly difficult to do in T1 due to the sheer number of people running around in blobs.

I’m hoping T1 will grow on me after I’ve been here for awhile. I definitely can see it isn’t for everyone, though. I’ll definitely be investing in an alt account next time GW2 is on sale to put on a lower tier server.

If you’re running 15-20 people, you can try playing off of a commander and blob busting. Get in touch with the tag and tell them you’re there, they usually enjoy that especially if your group is competent. Pugmanders will have more confidence to push when guild groups are stacked off to the side, either way someone is forced to make a move.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you’re on TC, go look up my FLOT bros and talk to them about T1 roaming/skirmishing. Your post is a first impression. Mine was similar.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

So because you failed to secure a victory your opponents are without skill. The correction here is that you were outplayed. You lost. Anything else is scrub talk.

you arent making sense

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

So you’re telling me that if I run full nomad d/d ele and just wait till the zerg overrun my adversary I’m pro?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Straegen.2938

In T2 and lower tiers, most roaming fights end with the same odds they start. Based on my limited T1 exposure, T1 roaming fights are more about waiting for reinforcements or running from enemy reinforcements. I probably had a dozen fights that started as 1v1 and ended as 1v1.

Plenty of people suffer lag. Two years playing from half a world away and I’ve rarely if ever seen it. So is this really a “T1 issue”, or is it more likely tied to those users? Hmm.

Lag generally exists in all tiers but it is worse in T1 by a large margin. What passes as bad lag in T2 seemed to be pretty good performance in T1.

you arent making sense

Not sure if this was directed at me or the person replying. If it was to my original statement, aside from my thoughts in the paragraph above is this. In T1, my warrior was more successful for roaming since I only needed to survive long enough in roaming fights for reinforcements. Even if I was outmatched against a better build, player, etc. In T2, that same class/build would get whittled down because most of the time you start a fight with the same number of players that end it. In addition, playing glassy builds in T1 is just less effective than T2. Partially due to lag and partially due to the environment centering around skirmish more than roaming. T2 has a crazy amount of glassy power builds in comparison to T1.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

In T2 and lower tiers, most roaming fights end with the same odds they start. Based on my limited T1 exposure, T1 roaming fights are more about waiting for reinforcements or running from enemy reinforcements. I probably had a dozen fights that started as 1v1 and ended as 1v1.

Lag generally exists in all tiers but it is worse in T1 by a large margin. What passes as bad lag in T2 seemed to be pretty good performance in T1.

you arent making sense

Not sure if this was directed at me or the person replying. If it was to my original statement, aside from my thoughts in the paragraph above is this. In T1, my warrior was more successful for roaming since I only needed to survive long enough in roaming fights for reinforcements. Even if I was outmatched against a better build, player, etc. In T2, that same class/build would get whittled down because most of the time you start a fight with the same number of players that end it. In addition, playing glassy builds in T1 is just less effective than T2. Partially due to lag and partially due to the environment centering around skirmish more than roaming. T2 has a crazy amount of glassy power builds in comparison to T1.

no its at him, he isnt making sense. you made an observation that it seems like skill is less important than being fat, and he says youre a scrub or something in response. like wat?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

+1 t2 recruitment thread

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

So you’re telling me that if I run full nomad d/d ele and just wait till the zerg overrun my adversary I’m pro?

Play to win.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I have no lag problems on Tarnished Coast, a NA T1 server. And compared to the T8 server that I transferred from, the difference on wvw is a night and day difference. I absolutely love it!!!!

And when it gets too blobby or I don’t want to wait in the que(weekends and friday nights after resets) then I will go do pve stuff and have fun with guildies or other friends…….and I do that with my old guild from Kaineng.

But I gotta say……the wvw on a T1 server, imo, is far superior to a lowly T8 server.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

you arent making sense

no its at him, he isnt making sense. you made an observation that it seems like skill is less important than being fat, and he says youre a scrub or something in response. like wat?

His “observation” had to do with him loosing the fight. The excuse for why he lost the fight was that the opponent was “less skill”, with the explanation being they build to sustain until he got rolled by reinforcements. He’s essentially playing some personal private game with his own made up set of rules, and then blaming the person or meta or whatever for his loss. The other guy who didnt die, who remained alive until reinforcements arrived, and rolled him into the grave wasnt playing by the OP’s rules. He was playing to win. But of course it’s not the OP who lost that is lacking skill, or who brought an inferior class/build, or who didnt come with enough allies, or stay close enough to his zerg, tower, or various counter. It was the guy who outplayed him that’s “without skill”.

You’re either playing to win or you’re not. It’s not a hard concept to understand, though I do get why many people have such trouble with accepting it.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Going to T1 for roaming is like eating donuts to try to lose weight. It doesn’t make sense.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

His “observation” had to do with him loosing the fight. The excuse for why he lost the fight was that the opponent was “less skill”, with the explanation being they build to sustain until he got rolled by reinforcements. He’s essentially playing some personal private game with his own made up set of rules, and then blaming the person or meta or whatever for his loss. The other guy who didnt die, who remained alive until reinforcements arrived, and rolled him into the grave wasnt playing by the OP’s rules. He was playing to win. But of course it’s not the OP who lost that is lacking skill, or who brought an inferior class/build, or who didnt come with enough allies, or stay close enough to his zerg, tower, or various counter. It was the guy who outplayed him that’s “without skill”.

You’re either playing to win or you’re not. It’s not a hard concept to understand, though I do get why many people have such trouble with accepting it.

he never stated anything about his own personal wins/losses. i dont know how you read that. he said “fat builds carry harder than skill”. he did not say he lost a fight to a fatty, he did not say he switched his build because he got rolled, he did not say he ran into some glass fool while in tank mode and laughed over a dead body with 20 other zerglings.

in WvW

Ross Biddle.2367

he never stated anything about his own personal wins/losses. i dont know how you read that. he said “fat builds carry harder than skill”. he did not say he lost a fight to a fatty, he did not say he switched his build because he got rolled, he did not say he ran into some glass fool while in tank mode and laughed over a dead body with 20 other zerglings.

You’re right, he generalized a very specific experience while attempting to 1v1 roam and in his statement asserted he failed to attain victory in the fight, and expressed the reason was the enemy build out sustained him (till reinforcements arrived), and as a result drew the conclusion his opponent lacked skill.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

you can go to T1 for roaming. It will be scouting when you get there, but we need that.

Basically, you run out there into enemy territory and tell the commander where you got killed. And by how many of which brand.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

My server going from T2 -> T1 is why I’ve basically quit WvW. Laggy blobby coverage war mess.

Roaming means very little as things are flipped back extremely quickly by larger numbers. Same with small groups trying to flip towers. If you do happen upon some one/two players they will often turn and run towards larger numbers or into a tower/keep. I got bored very quickly of killing people by hitting them in the back repeatedly with little to no counter pressure.

T2 had far better WvW than T1.

That being said… PvP is better than any WvW tier and I don’t miss it much. OP you might want to give it a try.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

You’re right, he generalized a very specific experience while attempting to 1v1 roam and in his statement asserted he failed to attain victory in the fight, and expressed the reason was the enemy build out sustained him (till reinforcements arrived), and as a result drew the conclusion his opponent lacked skill.

idk, i think it sounded more like he found an engagement, realized he was fighting a tank, lost to a zerg, then participated in the same tactic a little later (maybe while he was zerging) and realized how well it worked and that skill didnt matter much in the whole process because simply stalling is a valid tactic.

ive run into builds like that while roaming. you cant kill them in a 1v1 and they cant kill you, but theyll fight for 10 minutes cuz theyre just fighting and its fun to be fighting. but i certainly dont see it often, and i dont see those kind of players taking my camps or soloing my towers.