1up, 1down question

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Haven’t seen this addressed, yet….maybe it already has, and my apologies if so…..

I understand how the new 1up, 1down sytem is supposed to work for the matchups…..

But, how will it work for the pairings? Currently, Kaineng is grouped with TC and GoM.
Say Kaineng has a really bad week…..would we then get grouped with a lower server due to the 1up, 1down?

Just curious, as I could see some potential problems with this in the groupings.

Comments?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I’m thinking they are just going to stick with pairing adjustments every 2 months as before, based on population/activity statistics. If that’s the case, we are due for a switchup either this Friday or next…have to check the exact date of the last one to be sure…

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Teon.5168

I am hoping you’re correct, Sylvyn. But I could see the 1up, 1down also affecting the groupings in a way that Anet had not considered. I won’t mind if it takes Kaineng down a notch, but if they go, “well, that lowbie should be grouped with a higher T1”…..well, then, it will suck bigtime, imo.

Mainly, I am just hoping that we never, ever have to see BG again. This week has just sucked, as we just don’t have anywhere close to the numbers to compete with them. And that is all I want to be able to do…..compete. I don’t care if we lose, as long as we can be competitive. Battles aren’t fun when you’re consistently outnumbered 3-1 or worse.

And I am not even mentioning how sucky small havoc or roaming is when the enemy has the sort of coverage and defense that a T1 server has for all areas of the map at pretty much any given hour.

I can’t even see how BG is having much fun in this matchup, considering their complete dominance.

Guess we’ll see.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Everyone will have a good or horrible week next week with the new pairings, since they r based on the glicko. Then this new 1up1down system willl kick in the week after based on the results. The people who got a bad first week will likely get a good 2nd week. The people who got a good first week will likely get a bad 2nd week. Assuming they do the alliance pairings correctly/well we should see much much better matches than we have seen to date, after those 2 weeks.
Success is still based on glicko…..because they will use that to make the alliances for the 2 month periods. If the system fails…..its cause the glicko messed us up AGAIN as it has every week to date. No matter how well u make the matchups….it means nothing if all the alliances/pairings are nowhere near balanced with eachother.

If it works though, it will show that the glicko wasn’t completely idiotic all this time, and simply needed slight correction to function as intended.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Teon.5168

Some good points, Cerby.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Actually most roaming these days is a hand-holding party of 5 who dance on your solo body. I have stashed away my condi mesmer some time ago.

gaem not made for mi
===========

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Teon.5168

Yea, roaming is pretty tough against a server like BG, (our matchup this week), as they have the numbers to have excellent coverage on all maps. We just don’t have the numbers to have anywhere close to the kind of coverage they do.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.5981

Andy.5981

There is also a flipside question to this 1 up 1 down.

What happens/benefits are there for the lower tier servers, who get matched with higher population/ranking servers?

WSR, which is the server that I play on only exists as a server name in WvW when you hover over the matched servers under the Mistwar tab. (It would be nice if throughout the match up, the server name flipped, every week so that at least lower Tier servers could be recognised).

There are some pretty decent players on the server and week after week they help and assist the matched server.

So the matched server goes up. WSR stays where it is.

So what incentive is there to ‘assist’ the matched server?

1up, 1down question

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Haven’t seen this addressed, yet….maybe it already has, and my apologies if so…..

I understand how the new 1up, 1down sytem is supposed to work for the matchups…..

But, how will it work for the pairings? Currently, Kaineng is grouped with TC and GoM.
Say Kaineng has a really bad week…..would we then get grouped with a lower server due to the 1up, 1down?

Just curious, as I could see some potential problems with this in the groupings.

Comments?

Don’t know how you came up with this line of thought.

Links puts servers together as one group, there is no individual server performance check. If Tarnished Coast+Kaineng+Gate of Madness lose a matchup they move down, unless they’re in t4. Links will continue on their 2 month schedule.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet