1v1 Duels

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

Today, I was in the camp at of south end of a borderlands, and I noticed people fighting at the windmill behind the farm. There were about 7 people from my world, and there was only one from another. However, rather than simply grouping up on this lonely enemy, as seems to be custom, 6 of my allies stood aside, and the other dueled the single enemy. When the fight was over, and my ally had won, he did not finish the battle with a stomp. Instead, he bowed respectfully and allowed the loser to [bandage]. After this, I got to duel this same person. It was a good fight that lasted a good few minutes., and when I won, I was so accustomed to simply stomping people when I killed them that I accidentally did. Luckily, she was a mesmer, and I only stomped a clone. I thanked her for the great fight. Soon, more people from both opposing worlds joined in. There was no “there are 3 of us and 1 of you, so we’re just going to kill you” mentality at all, only 1v1 duels. Everyone was respectful, and it was fun.

On returning after a few hours offline, everyone had gone, and I was disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand the “group up on one person” ideals in WvW, as that is kinda the whole point: kill your enemies. I also realize that a WvW map is not the best venue for these kind of duels. After all, I could only fight people from other worlds, none from my own.

My question is, is there anywhere where this kind of things happen all the time? If I could, I would just do 1v1’s or 2v2’s all day. There must be guilds dedicated to this sort of thing right?

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

My question is, is there anywhere where this kind of things happen all the time? If I could, I would just do 1v1’s or 2v2’s all day.

Indeed there is.

Its called sPvP/tPvP.

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Move to a higher tier server and advertise for Fight Clubs in the match up threads. You are bound to get some interest. Also maintain good relationships with the people you fight. Chances are many in their guild are of the same mentality.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Windmill is a pretty common area for “fight clubs”, dueling and GvGs.
Whether they’re actually happening and how often though depends on the server and the matchup you’re in that week.

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How you get loot if you don’t kill enemy?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

How you get loot if you don’t kill enemy?

You don’t? It’s not about loot; it’s about having fun.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

On ET, and most of the servers we fight against, we usually have an organized fight club every Thursday at one of the windmills, typically the green windmill. A lot of random ones happen throughout the week as well.

I don’t know if it’s only common on lower tier servers, but I can say that sort of thing happens fairly often.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

And sometimes we do things other than dueling….

Attachments:

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Move to a higher tier server and advertise for Fight Clubs in the match up threads. You are bound to get some interest. Also maintain good relationships with the people you fight. Chances are many in their guild are of the same mentality.

You just broke the first rule…

But on topic: Yes. These things happen a lot, usually near the windmill. I often run across these fights and I’ll just watch it and then duel the person afterwards. Really fun and still pretty scary. You never know if they’ll be attacking you just for fun and then leave :p

Melder – Thief

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

its about testing your build and skills against good opponents (which you rarely meet in wvw in 1v1), i love it! in spvp there is “king of the hill”, but a lot of the tanky gear is banned, so there is basically just phantasm mesmers owning the rest there. best to ask in lions arch if anyone feels like a duel and then head to spvp private arena (your server surely has one aswell, get in contact).

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

My question is, is there anywhere where this kind of things happen all the time? If I could, I would just do 1v1’s or 2v2’s all day.

Indeed there is.

Its called sPvP/tPvP.

lmao gl with a 1v1 in spvp .The entire game is based on zerging no game modes excluded.

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Today, I was in the camp at of south end of a borderlands, and I noticed people fighting at the windmill behind the farm. There were about 7 people from my world, and there was only one from another. However, rather than simply grouping up on this lonely enemy, as seems to be custom, 6 of my allies stood aside, and the other dueled the single enemy. When the fight was over, and my ally had won, he did not finish the battle with a stomp. Instead, he bowed respectfully and allowed the loser to [bandage]. After this, I got to duel this same person. It was a good fight that lasted a good few minutes., and when I won, I was so accustomed to simply stomping people when I killed them that I accidentally did. Luckily, she was a mesmer, and I only stomped a clone. I thanked her for the great fight. Soon, more people from both opposing worlds joined in. There was no “there are 3 of us and 1 of you, so we’re just going to kill you” mentality at all, only 1v1 duels. Everyone was respectful, and it was fun.

On returning after a few hours offline, everyone had gone, and I was disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand the “group up on one person” ideals in WvW, as that is kinda the whole point: kill your enemies. I also realize that a WvW map is not the best venue for these kind of duels. After all, I could only fight people from other worlds, none from my own.

My question is, is there anywhere where this kind of things happen all the time? If I could, I would just do 1v1’s or 2v2’s all day. There must be guilds dedicated to this sort of thing right?

Windmill is the unofficial gvg & dueling area.It is known almost on every server even if you don’t find people there so often,when you set up a duel it’s where everyone goes.Best spot since there is no other reason for any player to go into that zone(epic map design i guess).

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Hey kaikalii-4198, which server are you on? I’ve been in a few of the ‘fight club’ guilds and never actually got a duel through them lol, if you’ve got time to waste then hang around Windmill.. and if you enjoy roaming try invite people to party to ask for duels )

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

1v1 Duels

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Indeed there is.

Its called sPvP/tPvP.

lmao gl with a 1v1 in spvp .The entire game is based on zerging no game modes excluded.

Somewhat ironically, the spvp maps are so full of clutter that low end systems such as my laptop give very low fps in them, 20 and below. In the windmill however, unless if there is intense GvG going on, I have stable fps of 30-40+.
And as every duelist knows, there are more viable builds with WvW rules. WvW rules might even be better balanced for duels than spvp rules.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)