2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Shira.3897

Shira.3897

No clue. Is GoM gonna complain every time they lose one?

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Side Effect [SE] is running another WvW Group tonight. All guilds from DH are encouraged to join. Last night was fun in GoM BL. GoM put up great fights, Wiped us out from Dawn’s.

Good fights Prosecutor that night, I took a screen in the heat of battle ;-)
For the record, few minutes earlier, we had this discussion in Mumble-chat while on the ridge above Dawn
“Ok rally on me we go to Da..”
-“No wait! check this out, DH moving north with… wtf this is like a 30-40 man ?!?”
“Ouch… Ok they are gone now lets…”
-“No wait! … look there is like 15-20 more moving north now OMG”
-“Ok just rush in guys, we can take the 15 now, we don’t wanna fight 50 at the same time do we?”

So we wipe the 15ish, then your bulk came back at the tower, that is the screen. Seems like SE charged in alone, and finally we could clear the ones who held back.

Respect to DH and HoD, epic fights this week, keep it coming.

Attachments:

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

No HoTR in that screenie from Shiver. We were up at the north camp waiting for a response…but got none.

Party poopers.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I adore how far civility has fallen on the forums since the first day DH/GoM/HoD matched up.

That isn’t sarcasm.

Niceness gets boring.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

GoM and HoD for lyfe <3

Wow, great screenshot of your spy whispering our team chat to you.

Reminds me of an incident last week. DH had “our” keep in EB and we trying to take down an inner wall without being noticed. I think we kept orange swords off the map until the wall was almost down. I was calling out damage on the wall in chat to get our timing right. And just as the wall comes down, an HoD zerg comes in and takes the keep. Their perfect timing did make me a bit paranoid about what I was saying in chat.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

To the DH commander that lost a 1v1 to an asuran p/p engineer last night near the northwest camp sentry… I was level 5

I didn’t catch your guild tag, though, so your secret is safe for now.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nsidiously iNsane.8195

Nsidiously iNsane.8195

I don’t know what happens at Eternal Battleground but is like half of Darkhaven going to come and post on the forums every time they win a fight? =)

They think it makes them look good! :P

To the players of Darkhaven- I enjoy playing against your server very much. The commanders you have in EB lay down the exact same strats everyday. Its amusing!
Great job in holding SM though, your response time is very good. Several times GoM has broken into SM only to have DH rush in from behind us with 3 times our own numbers, and its always been a fun fight!

Art of Stealth [AoS]- Gate of Madness
Saint Nsidious (Warrior)-Insidious Xx (Necromancer)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Flinch.8061

Flinch.8061

To the DH commander that lost a 1v1 to an asuran p/p engineer last night near the northwest camp sentry… I was level 5

I didn’t catch your guild tag, though, so your secret is safe for now.

Depends on what time it was “last night”, but it was probably Dreamreaver. He WvW’s pretty casually.

Anyways, Had an amazing experience last night with [Abys] in Borderlands. One of my guild’s commanders and I were taking care of some mortars on HoD keep while our zerg was focusing on Anz. Got our commander out of there then played distraction against 2 stealth thieves for a good minute. Just as they were giving up on downing me, and jumping into the water, and I was at about 1/3rd health with all my cooldowns on CD, some HoD warrior jumps down from the top of the tower and Hundredbladed off the last bit of my HP, Except, he did the stupid thing and stood next to the foot of the cliff while casting his stomp, so I just pushed him off with downed #2. He died, I immediately rallied, I laughed for a good few minutes, collected the Warrior’s lootbag, and just walked back to Anz for the capture.

Nero The Elder | Riven Asunder [Rslv] Guild Leader

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I don’t know what happens at Eternal Battleground but is like half of Darkhaven going to come and post on the forums every time they win a fight? =)

To the players of Darkhaven- I enjoy playing against your server very much. The commanders you have in EB lay down the exact same strats everyday. Its amusing!
Great job in holding SM though, your response time is very good. Several times GoM has broken into SM only to have DH rush in from behind us with 3 times our own numbers, and its always been a fun fight!

First off, I would be so embarassed if I were HoD and GoM right now. I watched HoD and GoM zergs literally hold hands as they marched up to our keep, GoM pounding the outter and inner walls from Jerrifers. HoD hitting us from the north.

Not only did both of you get massacred and thrown out of the lowlands, neither one of you even with your combined efforts could take SM when 90% of our forces were in the lowlands holding our Keep.

I watched as HoD marched a 20 man zerg with 5-6 golems down the SM hallway to our lord room. Met with 4 ballistas and 10 very coordinated Darkhaven. Wiped. GoM came up right behind them, they went down too. HoD yet again comes in for a second time, wiped. Repaired the gate, and for another hour GoM and HoD zergs harassed the inner walls of SM to be pushed out.

“Don’t run down that hallway, you wouldn’t want to be mistaken for a GoM would you?” – Team chat.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

For the record I posted a win in east keep of GOM BLs and then posted when we got our kittens kicked out too. Thank you very much! :P

Or was it really the flame ram lord that ascended down and stomped us?

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

It’s common sense. If you break out to a comfortable lead, you should be expecting the double-team. There’s no spoken alliance between GoM and HoD. If HoD is disrupting DH’s holdings and it benefits us to allow them to do so, we’ll simply leave them be. Once the points gap narrows, then all bets are off. But until then, if we’re not targeting DH, then we’d be playing for 2nd place. And that’s just silly.

The fact that it makes some DH players mad is just icing on the cake.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Bllade.1029

Strategy. Yeah, look how well that played out for you.

Why would that make us mad? We love badges. Please keep it coming. Really.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: stronnghest.1426

stronnghest.1426

Think we are getting a little overboard here, but good fights from both HoD and GoM, without you guys we wuoldn’t have these awesome fights. And most of these 2v1 complainers are prolly new players who arent used to the setting of WvWvW. So thanks again for giving us a good run for our money, hope we can experience the same battles through out this week. If you see a DH dancing on your corpse, its proly me.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Symons.4381

Symons.4381

Just want to say excellent fights from GoM and HoD so far this week. It has been a lot of fun battling and last night was definitely no exception! : ) See you out there tonight. Much respect.

Crimson Stealheart ~ Thief Lvl 80
Commander – Slackers, [INC]
Darkhaven

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

In memory of the fallen, the stair in Jerrifer’s has been renamed “The Stair of Many-Deaths” ;p

Attachments:

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: ETR.8152

ETR.8152

I love how some people come in here and trash talk, Come to HoD then and you’ll see how it is. It’s real fun with 10 to 1 ratios, haha.

Good job server transfers, GG.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

I love how some people come in here and trash talk, Come to HoD then and you’ll see how it is. It’s real fun with 10 to 1 ratios, haha.

Good job server transfers, GG.

“Large amount of resources and more individuals in your organization do not necessarily equate to victory over your opponent if you have lost the advantage of formlessness.”
- Kambiz Mostofizadeh

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

ETR.8152

Get off the bandwagon buddy.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

Get off the bandwagon buddy.

I am not your buddy, pal.

And while you are at it, please QQ some more.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

ETR.8152

How is that crying? I run into your zergging selves all night, I’ll still fight, I don’t give a crap. But don’t come in here and talk trash like you guys are so amazing. And numbers do matter. Good luck on the next tier when you go against people who have more then 10 in the zone at a time.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Myro Pyro.1749

Myro Pyro.1749

First off, I would be so embarassed if I were HoD and GoM right now. I watched HoD and GoM zergs literally hold hands as they marched up to our keep, GoM pounding the outter and inner walls from Jerrifers. HoD hitting us from the north.

Not only did both of you get massacred and thrown out of the lowlands, neither one of you even with your combined efforts could take SM when 90% of our forces were in the lowlands holding our Keep.

I watched as HoD marched a 20 man zerg with 5-6 golems down the SM hallway to our lord room. Met with 4 ballistas and 10 very coordinated Darkhaven. Wiped. GoM came up right behind them, they went down too. HoD yet again comes in for a second time, wiped. Repaired the gate, and for another hour GoM and HoD zergs harassed the inner walls of SM to be pushed out.

“Don’t run down that hallway, you wouldn’t want to be mistaken for a GoM would you?” – Team chat.

I was there when we trebbed down lowland’s inner and outer walls from Jerrifers. That night had many, many great fights from all servers. Great job HoD for realizing our efforts and pushing the front end (We had hoped you guys would!) and great job DH for repelling us.
The commander at the time did not command our forces as they should have been commanded, and that’s the only reason you guys got to keep lowlands. Still, it was an amazing push for GoM, seeing as though I see DH knocking on Valley’s doors nearly every day, and you’ve gotten it like what? Once? Maybe twice?? And we’ve repelled you every other time.

Oh, and about this whole “holding hands” and “teaming up” thing, IT IS STRATEGY. That’s it. From what I know we have sent no spies and have not contacted any HoD commander in hopes of teaming against you. We don’t need to. We do just fine; we don’t dominate (due to numbers) and we don’t get ourselves crushed (due to great leadership and dedicated players). I think we all love our servers and I’m not trying to bash, these are simply the facts. And any GoM will agree with that.

To say that Darkhaven has only taken GOM’s Valley keep, once or twice would be a false statement. I take part the the carnage that would be taking over your keeps. Infact, my fellow Darkhaven players and i just took over your keep just about 20 minutes ago from this current post. And to say the least, we have taken it at LEAST 5 different times. Its possible you weren’t there for the other times. Don’t doubt the skill.

Commander Master Myro
Level 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle- Leader of [Abys]

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

Forum is plagued with negativity and kind of boring this week. That said. To the defenders of Darkhaven, Henge of Denravi, and Gate of Madness. My respect to those who give it. Or to quote Emerson “Men are respectable only as they respect”.

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

(edited by Wayne.9714)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

OptimistPrime.9283

How is that crying? I run into your zergging selves all night, I’ll still fight, I don’t give a crap. But don’t come in here and talk trash like you guys are so amazing. And numbers do matter. Good luck on the next tier when you go against people who have more then 10 in the zone at a time.

I don’t recall “talking crap” until after you did, first of all, and my “talking crap” was telling to to stop complaining, which you are. I simply quote a philosophical ideal, and am on a bandwaggon, apparently. Which I am fine with. But don’t plead innocence when you started it.

And of course numbers matter, but not to the extent in which you seem to believe it is. Especially for someone with the sig “Charge in vs many. Take one with me”. The top tiers aren’t defined by their zergs but by their tactics.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

Can i mention fight night?
we should definitely have it before we are split up.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Skid.4051

Skid.4051

Lets keep it a civil as can be expected in the heat of battle. With that, I have been having a blast the last few weeks running around with my fellow [PD] guys. HoD and GoM are both very good opponents and would only be better if they had numbers to match. You guys have shown a tenacity that I only wish DH would have exhibited months ago when we were well on the other end of the numbers. I look forward to a great last few days of good fights from everyone.

PS: You might want to check you keeps…[PD] might be knocking on the door…

Willy Winkydome – Candy Cane Warrior
Skidana – Blonde Norn Mesmer
[PD] Perfect Dark – Darkhaven

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

To say that Darkhaven has only taken GOM’s Valley keep, once or twice would be a false statement. I take part the the carnage that would be taking over your keeps. Infact, my fellow Darkhaven players and i just took over your keep just about 20 minutes ago from this current post. And to say the least, we have taken it at LEAST 5 different times. Its possible you weren’t there for the other times. Don’t doubt the skill.

So night capping equals skill nowadays? Thats kinda funny >.>

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Alright I hate to do this but I wanna say something to my fellow darkhaven players.

Please stop with the accusations of double teaming. I would do the same exact thing they are doing. Our last matchup with dragonbrand I was literraly in a party with the other servers commander coordination our attacks against DB.

As the server with the overwhelming numbers and point lead we should expect to get hit from both servers. if we don’t get hit then in all honesty i’d think there commanderless or they just aren’t thinking right.

Also, to all servers. No player ever likes being defeated. So let’s find something to congratulate that player on instead of bashing them for it. Civilty can go a long way for servers and i’m sure that if people transfered to your server there trying to get away from this sort of drama and mudslinging.

Ok, i’m done with my nag nag posts. In all honesty even without the numbers HoD and GoM are amazing opponites and when i’m online commanding i always try and do things different then last time so i can keep them on their toes.

anyways, i’m out at sea running drills for the next 2 weeks so i won’t be able to enjoy the rest of this matchup or fight club. It’s been fun and I have learned a couple things from you guys. keep up the good fight.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Parasin.5184

Parasin.5184

So here we are, for the last round of this 3 week epic battle between Dark Haven, Gates of Madness, and Henge of Denravi. It’s interesting to notice how the dynamics have changed among the weeks! For example; in week one HoD came out swinging, just as Gates of Madness did as well. However as this has been progressing, it seems that HoD is maintaining very well at all times of the day.

Gates of Madness seems to have increased their numbers quite a bit, although they have always had a large supply of able bodies throughout the duration of this rotation. They do seem to have lost a bit of steam though in this last week.

I, being from Dark Haven, am thoroughly impressed with how we have been able to turn our WvW around. We went from DEAD LAST every single week, to first place in our rotation…. three weeks running. Keep it up Dark Haven, I know that after the tiers reset, we are going to have some challenging battles ahead.

I would like to hear from some players in GoM and HoD to know how your servers have been fairing and the dynamics of your WvW over these past few weeks also. Great job to all involved, it has been a very fun and challenging rotation.

-Neural Dissonance
-Dark Haven Commander
-Leader of NVP

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

I’d just like to say, midweek in the last week we’ll probably face GoM and HoD for awhile, that I love everyone in this bar. [RH], just a shout out to quite possibly the most fun I’ve had in WvW defending our borderlands. I used to get insanely frustrated with your epic ganks as I trot through our borderlands but now it’s like getting sliced and diced by old frenemies. You guys REALLY like Sunny, don’t ya? Saying “Sixth time’s the charm!” isn’t something I thought I would ever have to do over the course of a night. Twice holding at the guild lord (seems to be a popular spot for us to lock daggers these last few weeks). Our team chat defending against you is always a riot, thanks for keeping us on our toes.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I’d just like to say, midweek in the last week we’ll probably face GoM and HoD for awhile, that I love everyone in this bar. [RH], just a shout out to quite possibly the most fun I’ve had in WvW defending our borderlands. I used to get insanely frustrated with your epic ganks as I trot through our borderlands but now it’s like getting sliced and diced by old frenemies. You guys REALLY like Sunny, don’t ya? Saying “Sixth time’s the charm!” isn’t something I thought I would ever have to do over the course of a night. Twice holding at the guild lord (seems to be a popular spot for us to lock daggers these last few weeks). Our team chat defending against you is always a riot, thanks for keeping us on our toes.

I was the gunslinger thief in that group last night.

It’s because of [MoRt] and friends that I’m running on 3 hours of sleep today at work. You guys are such fun to fight against that we kept coming back for more. We would’ve probably tried Sunny again another few times had we not been called in to go get our EB keep back.

Thanks for the awesome fights! I lost track of the number of wipes on both sides.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: VeTx.5340

VeTx.5340

Alright I hate to do this but I wanna say something to my fellow darkhaven players.

Please stop with the accusations of double teaming. I would do the same exact thing they are doing. Our last matchup with dragonbrand I was literraly in a party with the other servers commander coordination our attacks against DB.

As the server with the overwhelming numbers and point lead we should expect to get hit from both servers. if we don’t get hit then in all honesty i’d think there commanderless or they just aren’t thinking right.

Also, to all servers. No player ever likes being defeated. So let’s find something to congratulate that player on instead of bashing them for it. Civilty can go a long way for servers and i’m sure that if people transfered to your server there trying to get away from this sort of drama and mudslinging.

Ok, i’m done with my nag nag posts. In all honesty even without the numbers HoD and GoM are amazing opponites and when i’m online commanding i always try and do things different then last time so i can keep them on their toes.

anyways, i’m out at sea running drills for the next 2 weeks so i won’t be able to enjoy the rest of this matchup or fight club. It’s been fun and I have learned a couple things from you guys. keep up the good fight.

+1! GoM and HoD keep it coming. I only wish they had better coverage at night when I’m online. :<

Acium we’ll miss you~

Vex Yakslapper – Seventh Abyss [ABYS] – DARKHAVEN

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

To the [RH] engineer, thief, and warrior in DH boarder lands at the north supply around 5:30 eastern who fought the [PD] flamethrower engineer and ranger a few times. Hats off guys, those were some fun clashes! You kept killing my ranger buddy you kittens! ha

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Hey guys, just so you know iv started a story about our 3 week matchup. I finished part 1 (day 1 in the story) today…and well i started on it today. I posted it on the forums for you guys to read. it’s under Story:Dh/GoM/HoD. give it a read and let me know what you think.

Hope you like it. ^.^

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

So DH has 6 towers in the BL but yet they insist on spawn camping us. Kinda funny. I made sure I got a pick of the commander doing it too

Attachments:

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Yeah I had to laugh at that. Not even enough of us on the map for a breakout yet they found it necessary to spawn camp us, complete with trebs, ballista and arrow carts. They must have been really afraid of the handful of people we had. No stomach for a fair fight it seems.

Theftwind (HoD)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Bllade.1029

So DH has 6 towers in the BL but yet they insist on spawn camping us. Kinda funny. I made sure I got a pick of the commander doing it too

We dont need the points. We need badges, thanks again for your contribution.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Sororita.3465

Had some fun killing both HoD and DH in HoD BL =D

Attachments:

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Sororita.3465

aw, took u 7 guys a while to kill me =D

but u got me…

Attachments:

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

Just a bit of forbidden love

Attachments:

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

We dont need the points. We need badges, thanks again for your contribution.

I would say you are welcome but none of you could kill me, but I did kill some of you guys. So thank YOU for the badges Have a nice day

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

Fight Night? Same time same place?

Hi Yami. Its me. Thanks again for the duels in the jp by the fire trap and thnx to the Jade ranger too. It was and is always fun. It was very challenging to fight there watching our locations and the terrain to make sure we dont fall off or knock each other off ( surprisingly no one fell or was knocked off ). Made for some really tough fun duels.

Let’s ask tootsie.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Lol…GoM just hit a tower in HoD (se one) using 20+ players and 5 Golems and they barely managed to take the tower against 10 defenders, plus they lost 4 of their golems. Would that be considered an epic fail?

Theftwind (HoD)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

The first rule about the epic fail is you don’t talk about the epic fail. :-P

Sounds pretty bad though, but we all do stupid stuff every now and then right? Right!?

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Sororita.3465

@Theftwind
HoD got a win? /clap indeeed.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Looks like we get to fight DH and HoD for another week!

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-No-WvW-Rating-Reset/first#post1313585

Update 2/7/2013:
We’ve been keeping a very close watch on this week’s matchups and, despite our concerns regarding the recent population shifts, it seems that many of the games are quite competitive. At the same time we’ve been evaluating some possible changes to the math we use to calculate ratings. After examining a number of new methodologies for weighting the outcomes of matches we have found that our existing formulas already do pretty much what we want them to do. Certainly none of the candidates that we tried yielded better results.
In light of the strong community response to the idea of a WvW ratings reset, the results of our ratings formula investigations, and our data on the current matchups we have decided not to reset the WvW ratings at this time. All existing WvW ratings will be preserved and the rating calculation methodology will remain unchanged. Any existing mismatches should be corrected by the system in relatively short order. Now that there is less volatility in the player base for each world we expect the quality of matches to improve more quickly. This is both because the rating system is operating in a less unpredictable environment and because more stable teams tend to produce better results.
Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and for your patience while we explored the various options. The community response was a key element in our decision making process.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-No-WvW-Rating-Reset/first#post1313585

Update 2/7/2013:
We’ve been keeping a very close watch on this week’s matchups and, despite our concerns regarding the recent population shifts, it seems that many of the games are quite competitive. At the same time we’ve been evaluating some possible changes to the math we use to calculate ratings. After examining a number of new methodologies for weighting the outcomes of matches we have found that our existing formulas already do pretty much what we want them to do. Certainly none of the candidates that we tried yielded better results.
In light of the strong community response to the idea of a WvW ratings reset, the results of our ratings formula investigations, and our data on the current matchups we have decided not to reset the WvW ratings at this time. All existing WvW ratings will be preserved and the rating calculation methodology will remain unchanged. Any existing mismatches should be corrected by the system in relatively short order. Now that there is less volatility in the player base for each world we expect the quality of matches to improve more quickly. This is both because the rating system is operating in a less unpredictable environment and because more stable teams tend to produce better results.
Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and for your patience while we explored the various options. The community response was a key element in our decision making process.

Good grief Anet… Well, here’s to another week of fun times with familiar faces! Anyone for a GoM/HoD/DH WvW drinking game? Add to it!

- Every time DH loses a supply camp, drink
- Every time you get pwn’d by a GoM 1v1, drink
- Every time DH takes a keep in EB, drink
- Every time HoD sets up a treb, drink for every shot they fire, for each treb, until (if) it’s taken down
- Every time someone QQs on the forums, drink
- Every time the PUGs try to melee a wall down, drink
- Every time a golem dies, drink
- Chug if you take Stonemist, chug everything in your fridge if you lose it.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

Lol…GoM just hit a tower in HoD (se one) using 20+ players and 5 Golems and they barely managed to take the tower against 10 defenders, plus they lost 4 of their golems. Would that be considered an epic fail?

I was there.. we had only 10 people if that. when the golems were built we only had 7 and i believe we had only 4 golems. so 3 people fighting and the other 4 in the golems.

i was fighting and eventually was killed and i wp back running past the se tower and only 2 golems remained with half health coming. 4 of you were fighting a mesmer and she gave you so much trouble 2 golems made it to the tower.

after we took the tower we were fighting in the tunnel and up to the bridge. i believe you guys outnumbered us then and we pushed you back almost to the steps of your keep before you started pushing us back. only your treb from the keep knocked down the wall. you lost a ram and a cata in the process of taking your tower. you finally got a ram up but your treb did most of the work for you. and there was 5 – 7 of us in the tower and about 15 – 20 of you then.

it was a fun battle. and i managed about 10 – 15 loot drops with 2 rares.

Let’s ask tootsie.

(edited by pita spoon.5708)

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Good grief Anet… Well, here’s to another week of fun times with familiar faces! Anyone for a GoM/HoD/DH WvW drinking game? Add to it!

- Every time HoD sets up a treb, drink for every shot they fire, for each treb, until (if) it’s taken down

You mean you don’t already play that drinking game?

I celebrate every Thirsty Thursday with one of these:

Attachments:

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Bllade.1029

Update 2/7/2013:

Are you tryin’ to kill three servers with alchohol poisoning?

Heres one, every time Darkhaven smashes HoD and GoM zergs at stonemist. Drink.

There you go.

2/1/2013 DH/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

Update 2/7/2013:

Look forward to seeing you guys out there.

Here’s hoping DH/GoM stop roaming together, and DH stops exploiting map glitches.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi