2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Early on I asked what original kain guild are still out there running around, so we knew them when we saw them, but no one responded. Are there any left?

I responded to a similar question awhile ago. I really truly don’t know, but I would have to say there aren’t any at this point that are original roamers. Most of the ones from T8 aren’t around anymore and it’s not easy to spot any small groups with so many on the map at once now, but I don’t recognize 90% of the tags I see from 2 months ago. My guild is Ai, we run on average 4 person parties and like to meat grind towers and camps and are probably the sole supporters of the transformation tonic industry on the TP.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

I just want to say that despite all the hatred it seems in these threads we have enjoyed the fighting in game. Db and magunna you guys have tested us.

Also, wanted to say that most of the chest thumping from kain in these forums are from recent transfers to kain. Unfortunatly, it has started to give this server a bad rep.

Anyway don’t judge kain always on reset. We don’t always field our better players during reset due to queues. Last few weeks we have had some commanders in kain eb that I only have seen is during reset and seem very inexperienced and no I’m not talking about wm commanders who I think are pretty darn good. Saturday night na prime time we also again had someone with their icon on that was completely lost. It got to a point the other commanders told that person to turn off their icon repeatedly. That person wasn’t even lvl 80. Not going to go into detail but everyone that was there knows how bad that person was.

Point is every server has a share of really good players and very bad players. Please keep this thread going discussing the good fights you had etc.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

IDK which thread is the real one but here’s a salad.
Looks a bit too happy.

CPU fan should be delivered in the next few days. Long story.

Attachments:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Why is Kain acting like “we dont field our better players on reset” is a valid reason to be bad when #s are equal?

I cannot speak for Dragonbrand. But Maguuma doesn’t field its best players either. People get suck in queues all the same as any other server.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

The problem with Kain is that they MOB (Guild Wars 1, so retro over here), they mob and then leave. Sort of, as if, dining and ditching. Last night, all it took was a small team of 10, at first, to retake the camps and then towers -eventually Bay and Hills pushing all out of our borderlands. Now, that was a small victory but it showed us that Kain doesn’t care to hold on (worked for the best). Granted, it is pretty much a pointless week to begin with.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Also, wanted to say that most of the chest thumping from kain in these forums are from recent transfers to kain. Unfortunatly, it has started to give this server a bad rep.

Who isn’t a recent transfer to Kain?

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Why is Kain acting like “we dont field our better players on reset” is a valid reason to be bad when #s are equal?

I cannot speak for Dragonbrand. But Maguuma doesn’t field its best players either. People get suck in queues all the same as any other server.

EXACTLY! Reset night is a lotto really. That is exactly why reset night isn’t a good indication of how a server performs or how skilled it is.

Why? Because your dedicated, hardcore, WvW guilds/players can be stuck in the queues all night while your more casual alt leveling pugs filled the slots.

Passed the reset night and even more into the week days gives a much better indication of the server since you will be fielding the players that actually dedicate their time to WvW.

Thanks for help clarifying that up.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Not when people wake up to paper towers and keeps. Your hardcore players end up getting stuck taking back and upgrading all day. And some even give up.

Eh, Kaineng has a very large Oceanic crew. I’m guessing only 4-5 other servers can really function against it.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

EXACTLY! Reset night is a lotto really. That is exactly why reset night isn’t a good indication of how a server performs or how skilled it is.

Why? Because your dedicated, hardcore, WvW guilds/players can be stuck in the queues all night while your more casual alt leveling pugs filled the slots.

Passed the reset night and even more into the week days gives a much better indication of the server since you will be fielding the players that actually dedicate their time to WvW.

Thanks for help clarifying that up.

Yeah, things are always best after a server has demonstrated that they will win simply because of 24/7 coverage. No disadvantage to logging in to maps painted all one color with fully fortified keeps when you come home from work. Nope. And there is never a huge participation loss after people determine that actually trying to win the matchup is pointless. Nope.

Matches like these never snowball out of control. Nope. You can always tell who the most “skilled” server is in matchups like these by looking at the PPT during prime time late in the week when the winner is already set. Yep.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I’m going to have to disagree with Kain’s line of thought on this one since you can’t claim WM is a seamless part of Kain contributing to the same score and skill and defend their night presence then turn around and say the Friday night Kains are just a separate entity that don’t really represent real Kain and try and talk off their reset presence. Reset Kain/WM/NA midweek Kain are all the same Kaineng. We are responsible for our pug players as well as our super stars.

I don’t think that made a lick of sense but oh well.

love,

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Moo Poo.7358

Moo Poo.7358

I don’t see why everyone says the individual skill of Maguuma players is the best. I’ve 1 v 1ed JQ players and they were more of a challenge.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

The problem with Kain is that they MOB (Guild Wars 1, so retro over here), they mob and then leave. Sort of, as if, dining and ditching. Last night, all it took was a small team of 10, at first, to retake the camps and then towers -eventually Bay and Hills pushing all out of our borderlands. Now, that was a small victory but it showed us that Kain doesn’t care to hold on (worked for the best). Granted, it is pretty much a pointless week to begin with.

Lol…. I’m thinking about AB… “Cap in a circle, cap in a circle!”

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

I’m going to have to disagree with Kain’s line of thought on this one since you can’t claim WM is a seamless part of Kain contributing to the same score and skill and defend their night presence then turn around and say the Friday night Kains are just a separate entity that don’t really represent real Kain and try and talk off their reset presence. Reset Kain/WM/NA midweek Kain are all the same Kaineng. We are responsible for our pug players as well as our super stars.

I don’t think that made a lick of sense but oh well.

Have you logged into eb for the past month during reset? If you have you would notice a commander that is leading not from wm and you would only have seen him on only during reset. It is usually two commanders with the icon on. One for the past weeks has been a wm commander normally jang although not always. The other is normally from a really small guild.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Have you logged into eb for the past month during reset? If you have you would notice a commander that is leading not from wm and you would only have seen him on only during reset. It is usually two commanders with the icon on. One for the past weeks has been a wm commander normally jang although not always. The other is normally from a really small guild.

Well, no, because I can barely get into a BL after queuing for 2 hours on reset much less EB. But I don’t know what that has to do with differentiating our reset scores from our week scores. Kain is only as good as its weakest players and saying reset Kain is not the real Kain just comes across as an excuse. Even if it’s not an excuse to you that is how it will be interpreted.

love,

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Lol…. I’m thinking about AB… “Cap in a circle, cap in a circle!”

Good times, huh?

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Jacbo.7598

Jacbo.7598

But for some reason, people treat losing and falling down a tier as a fate almost worse than death. (…)

I can only speak for my guild when I say that we’ve already been through hell with IoJ before moving here. We were there when IoJ was a punching bag for whichever T1 caliber server dropped to T2. We were there for the brief stint in T1, and the subsequent departure of a ton of fairweather guilds. We were there for the 3-week beat down Sea of Sorrows dished out on their way up, and the 5-week bar brawl with SoR/BG who by then had considerably more coverage. We were there for the 4-week fights with FA/CD which tested the remnants of our coverage.

We won maybe 2 matches on IoJ during that entire time, and 1 was against two dead servers. Yet we still fought. We’d still be fighting if the free transfer deadline and the movement of others on our server hadn’t forced our hand. All of our allies who we fought with were gone, and all that was left was a server in name, filled with PvE carebears who would sooner heckle us than help us in WvW. So we decided to move somewhere that we could get a fresh start, and it made more sense to try and fit into a burgeoning community than to tack our name onto the long list of existing guilds on an established server. This proved to be the perfect fit for us. While we apologize for any skewed matchups along the way, we had to do what was healthy for our community. I think you’ll find that even in victory, RUN members will be respectful towards you, in this thread and on the field.

Hmm, a couple misconceptions going around.

A very well thought out post. I agree on all points. Fannwong is correct that many of our militia players have a lot to learn though.

Oh really?

TG is on Dragonbrand?!?! Dang. RUN always had fun whenever we’d run into you guys off the beaten path in the IoJ/CD/FA matchups, but we’ve been fighting Mag this week.

Not when people wake up to paper towers and keeps. Your hardcore players end up getting stuck taking back and upgrading all day. And some even give up.

That’s all part of the struggle though. WvW is a blank slate, every person has to lay their own motivations on it. Some do it for fights. Some for guild pride. Some for server pride. Some just for fun. Some fight to win the battles, some fight to win the war. Most have multiple motivations. I fight for all of those things. And when it comes down to it, demoralizing your opponent’s fairweather players is just another part of winning the war. WM understands this, it’s what they call “campaign strategy”. It’s why they choose to hold SM over our corner even if it nets a loss in +40 PPT in the short term, because it’s an important statement keep for morale, and acts as the means to pushing the front.

As a commander, it behooves me to take into account all of the forces our server fields when making strategic decisions. So when I have 10 guys on a map in between NA/Oceanic times, and we’ve lost some fortifications, I have to consider the best usage of those numbers. And it isn’t trying to take back a keep against servers where we know scouts will be present, it’s draining that keep of supply so that it’s a soft target. You call this being carried by Koreans. I call it working in synergy and taking into account the forces you have available. We would not magically win matches with no NA people on any map to leave a solid setup for SEA times.

We also hardly ever get handed down things that were taken in SEA times by the next NA primetime. Keeps flip in the EU times or in the lead up to NA time. A prime example is Saturday on Maguuma BL. When I came on the map at 8 EST we owned nothing. By a couple hours later we were having that epic brawl in Garrison. It only differed from reset night in that DB actually was able to push their front. We pushed Garrison on reset as well, but were royally screwed by the map crashing, after which we lost our foothold and both commanders to queues. We didn’t manage to take it either time, but that’s more a credit to how tenacious your defense was than any reflection on our offensive; all things being equal, attackers aren’t supposed to take Garrison. Mag’s well orchestrated rush on KN BL at reset was more the exception than the rule, as the rest of the week has shown.

At any rate, if you want to only recall the first few hours of a week long matchup, give a speech and unfurl a victory banner on a battleship, I’m content with that. Mag has fought long and hard this week, and you’ve been skillful and at times frustrating opponents to command against. You deserve to take something positive away from this matchup. But please, even though you’ve already won, still come out to humor us, because my guys still want to fight.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng
Apply Now: http://www.valorguild.org

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

what.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Invalid.8765

Invalid.8765

But for some reason, people treat losing and falling down a tier as a fate almost worse than death. (…)

I can only speak for my guild when I say that we’ve already been through hell with IoJ before moving here. We were there when IoJ was a punching bag for whichever T1 caliber server dropped to T2. We were there for the brief stint in T1, and the subsequent departure of a ton of fairweather guilds. We were there for the 3-week beat down Sea of Sorrows dished out on their way up, and the 5-week bar brawl with SoR/BG who by then had considerably more coverage. We were there for the 4-week fights with FA/CD which tested the remnants of our coverage.

We won maybe 2 matches on IoJ during that entire time, and 1 was against two dead servers. Yet we still fought. We’d still be fighting if the free transfer deadline and the movement of others on our server hadn’t forced our hand. All of our allies who we fought with were gone, and all that was left was a server in name, filled with PvE carebears who would sooner heckle us than help us in WvW. So we decided to move somewhere that we could get a fresh start, and it made more sense to try and fit into a burgeoning community than to tack our name onto the long list of existing guilds on an established server. This proved to be the perfect fit for us. While we apologize for any skewed matchups along the way, we had to do what was healthy for our community. I think you’ll find that even in victory, RUN members will be respectful towards you, in this thread and on the field.

TG is on Dragonbrand?!?! Dang. RUN always had fun whenever we’d run into you guys off the beaten path in the IoJ/CD/FA matchups, but we’ve been fighting Mag this week.

That’s all part of the struggle though. WvW is a blank slate, every person has to lay their own motivations on it. Some do it for fights. Some for guild pride. Some for server pride. Some just for fun. Some fight to win the battles, some fight to win the war. Most have multiple motivations. I fight for all of those things. And when it comes down to it, demoralizing your opponent’s fairweather players is just another part of winning the war. WM understands this, it’s what they call “campaign strategy”. It’s why they choose to hold SM over our corner even if it nets a loss in +40 PPT in the short term, because it’s an important statement keep for morale, and acts as the means to pushing the front.

As a commander, it behooves me to take into account all of the forces our server fields when making strategic decisions. So when I have 10 guys on a map in between NA/Oceanic times, and we’ve lost some fortifications, I have to consider the best usage of those numbers. And it isn’t trying to take back a keep against servers where we know scouts will be present, it’s draining that keep of supply so that it’s a soft target. You call this being carried by Koreans. I call it working in synergy and taking into account the forces you have available. We would not magically win matches with no NA people on any map to leave a solid setup for SEA times.

We also hardly ever get handed down things that were taken in SEA times by the next NA primetime. Keeps flip in the EU times or in the lead up to NA time. A prime example is Saturday on Maguuma BL. When I came on the map at 8 EST we owned nothing. By a couple hours later we were having that epic brawl in Garrison. It only differed from reset night in that DB actually was able to push their front. We pushed Garrison on reset as well, but were royally screwed by the map crashing, after which we lost our foothold and both commanders to queues. We didn’t manage to take it either time, but that’s more a credit to how tenacious your defense was than any reflection on our offensive; all things being equal, attackers aren’t supposed to take Garrison. Mag’s well orchestrated rush on KN BL at reset was more the exception than the rule, as the rest of the week has shown.

At any rate, if you want to only recall the first few hours of a week long matchup, give a speech and unfurl a victory banner on a battleship, I’m content with that. Mag has fought long and hard this week, and you’ve been skillful and at times frustrating opponents to command against. You deserve to take something positive away from this matchup. But please, even though you’ve already won, still come out to humor us, because my guys still want to fight.

The only time I have seen [RUN] is when they were running from us, because I remember commenting on voice chat how accurate their guild tag is. They do run well; fast too at that.

Invalid Password [EVOH]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Jacbo.7598

The only time I have seen [RUN] is when they were running from us, because I remember commenting on voice chat how accurate their guild tag is. They do run well; fast too at that.

You may wish to be somewhere nearer our objective or directly in the way of it if you would like a fight. We try not to bother with anything that slows us down for a couple badges here and there. Your statements reflect your username, sir.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

Totally not from SF :S.
Any tips to beat Kaineng?
Would appreciate lol.
Any weaknesses they have? :P

yeah flank the zerg balls and they fall over
dominate them in the NA to the point that they cant recover in the oceanic
put aggressive pressure on WM in EB, they cant fight in the open field at all
cap behind WM because they don’t play defense
have decent oceanic coverage, if they cant pvd then they wont win.

basically its very little skill and all coverage with them. they will just wait you out in NA then pvd everything in the morning with their oceanics.

LOL, i dont know what else to say. i have no idea what you’re talking about. Kain has 24/7 coverage and big numbers. We have strong NA, strong Oceanic, strong Asian and good EU coverage. We’re beating and out-scoring DB and Mag in NA primetime with an average 400 PPT. We have improved dramatically in this match-up, playing defensive, building sieges at the right places in our keeps/towers , using team work, rallying on commanders when needed, having small groups capturing supply camps etc. As we progress tiers, we are getting better as a server and we are using more better and efficient tactics in dealing with numerous problems that comes our way.

sure if by “more better” and efficient tactics you mean droping hundreds of gold into multiple golem rushes on a keep being held by randoms 1/3rd your number and still taking multiple days to accomplish the task.

and if you mean “small group capturing supply camps” as 30+ people

and by “building sieges at the right places” means that you’ve been doing it wrong before. thus validating every other tier’s commenting about your skill.

yeah i guess your learning something

hell this “LOL, i dont know what else to say. i have no idea what you’re talking about. Kain has 24/7 coverage and big numbers” sentence suggests that even you don’t believe what your saying in remainder of your argument.

Sure they are going to be unsuccessful golem rushes. this is normal in every server. tell me a server who has 100% success rate and ill be your servant for the rest of my life. on the other hand, I seen numerous failed golem rushes from both DB and Mag. They lost 10-15 golems because of our canons. so does that make them a crap server? i dont think so.

do you really think we always send 30+ people to capture supply camps. please dont be arrogant.

i was talking about our pugs who are still learning where to place siege weapons at the best places when defending/attacking towers and keeps.

People get over the reset night, the first 6 hours you guys were winning because Mag and DB was primarily focusing on Kain. I’ll give you an example. Mag BL, we had Mag rushing to the keep from the north to prevent Kain from capturing it, while we had DB coming from the west trying to stop us from taking our tower.

its been 4 days, and i havent seen DB take their tower and keep ( close to their spawn) in Mags BL and Mg didnt take their tower and keep in DBs BL. I can see some sort of alliance between this 2 servers. Even then, we can see whats happening with the score.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

No point in discontinuing discussion about reset night while you continue discussion about how score means anything besides numbers + coverage.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

People get over the reset night, the first 6 hours you guys were winning because Mag and DB was primarily focusing on Kain. I’ll give you an example. Mag BL, we had Mag rushing to the keep from the north to prevent Kain from capturing it, while we had DB coming from the west trying to stop us from taking our tower.

That doesn’t even make sense. At reset you guys own the first tower (SE tower for Kaineng) and it’s perfectly normal for people on the home borderland to make a desperate attempt to defend East keep off the bat since it’s much harder to take back.

If DB tried to take the SE tower right off the bat then they are idiots, and frankly Maguuma wouldn’t ally with idiots.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Since we all know score is mostly coverage and population why do people keep caring about it so much.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Let me break down the “double teaming” that went on for Kaineng.

On Eternal If you take Stonemist, you you will be double teamed. It takes so much resources to hold it, that both DB and Mag should be carving up Kain’s holdings until it changes hands, which is what both servers did. This is basic WvW pushing strategy.

On DB borderland we didn’t have a queue for most of the night, so the guys there just stayed in their lane mostly and didn’t encounter much trouble. Beat Kaineng back when they broke lanes from south and pushed into DB’s north tower.

On Mag BL we got pushed from DB and Kain all night long which is normal. That’s how home borderland defend works – you will be left with your garrison, north camp, and maybe 2 towers if you’re good.

On Kain BL Mag pushed their lane and DB pushed theirs, which is normal for attackers on enemy borderlands. Mag grabbed their lane + west tower + your garrison. DB pushed into Kain’s Garrison the rest of the night while Mag owned it, and we weren’t upset because that’s the normal pushing path.

The comments I made on reset about DB “not breaking lanes and we’ll have a nice week” isn’t refering to them going with a preset strategy, it was just saying that if we stick with Baby’s First Pushing Path, we’d hold our high scores because Kaineng couldn’t deal with the basic defense.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Way to have class( Pre) one of your guild buddies jumps people while taking camps then dances on the corpse. I get its wvw and getting ambushed by a thief is part of the game. But really dancing on Bodies and laughing is a total shame.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

You left IoJ before it even hit T4, and your entire definition of been through hell is about point loss. People loyally stuck with ET and HoD all the way to T8, those folks get to claim hardship, you do not.

Losing isn’t hardship anyways, its a target rich environment, which is a lot more like heaven then hell in my books.

~ AoN ~

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Lol, what happened to RE?

1 glass cannon dropped 2 of you guys in EB. And I am not even a super pro roamer pvp guy. OG would have a field day with this version of RE.

I guess that is what happens when guilds hop servers chasing glory.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

1 glass cannon dropped 2 of you guys in EB. And I am not even a super pro roamer pvp guy. OG would have a field day with this version of RE.

who are you talking or responding too?

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

I forgot 2 people were wholly representative of a 500 man guild. Though I guess if they are on EB they aren’t the smartest cookies as we aren’t even assigned there.

Speaking of glass cannon there is a red DB warrior who is repeatedly stomping me within seconds in KBL. That guy is freaking scary. I doubt many people could 2v1 him if he got the jump.

I’m seriously going to have bad dreams about lone DB warriors -_-

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Jacbo.7598

You left IoJ before it even hit T4, and your entire definition of been through hell is about point loss. People loyally stuck with ET and HoD all the way to T8, those folks get to claim hardship, you do not.

Losing isn’t hardship anyways, its a target rich environment, which is a lot more like heaven then hell in my books.

And your entire definition of hardship appears to be tier placement. Mine has nothing to do with point values, it has everything to do with the deterioration of a community. A server name is just a server name, I do not fight for names, I fight with people. The people I fought with left. By the end of it, I was literally the only person sitting in the community TS server, despite the fact I posted the information and encouraged participation every day for months. I do not enjoy talking with myself, I enjoy working with like-minded guilds and individuals, that’s part of the appeal of WvW.

I made the decision I needed to make in order to insure the health and growth of our guild community, in consultation with our members. I’m happy with it. Our members are happy with it. Our former allies are happy in their new homes. That’s all that matters. It’s a game played for fun, not some warped sense of nationality that overrides all else.

Leader of Valor [RUN]
Kaineng

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Honestly I think most of us will be happy when this match up is over. Maguuma will go about its normal way( Of partying and having FUn) and Db will continue to build and stay competitive. While Kain will do whatever its gonna do only time will tell whats gonna happen for sure. Either way good luck everyone and show your next competitors some respect.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Maguuma will show respect to our next competitors by doing as much PvE and windmill dueling as possible. Sorry t8 buddies, we don’t want to hurt you but Anet is making us.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Score update!!!

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You look unhappy.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I like the various expressions in Eva’s characters.

Ninein
-Maguuma

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

She looks like she is about to scold someone.

[SU]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Me too, but now it likes like a kitten is about to be punched.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

My guild and I have killed many WM running along the road who do not respond at all, definitely something strange going on. Either they are so devoted to their leader they do not deviate from his instructions at all (i.e., they’re insane) or they’re botting.

I die like that quite a lot. Point my character in the right direction, hit R, and go get a drink/snack.
Seeing as WM regularly play shift comparable to work days I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the time auto-running to do that kind of thing.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It was already reviewed once. A bunch of them got banned by mass reports a week or two ago.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

this video leads to 2 conclusions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xok2x4PKrdk

1. They are multiboxing

2. They refuse to do anything besides what they are told, and such look pretty awful in alot of scenarios.

pick your poison

My guild and I have killed many WM running along the road who do not respond at all, definitely something strange going on. Either they are so devoted to their leader they do not deviate from his instructions at all (i.e., they’re insane) or they’re botting.

If it took less than a few seconds to kill them, it could have been someone who was using the trading post while autorunning. That has happened to me.

[WäR]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’m not talking about a single guy, I’m talking about following their zerg and killing them with significantly fewer people and them not responding at all as their comrades die.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Hehe, Eva is pretty disappointed that this matchup is a blowout. But the witty banter and silliness in the forums is fun! Not to mention, we have not one, but TWO open threads right now…. I’m so confused and my mind is about to s’plode!

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Oh yeah… and she’s a Necromancer…. they aren’t supposed to smile.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: thornbeard.9204

thornbeard.9204

Just a voice from Old Kaineng (I was here during the weeks of bottom tier). I’ve enjoyed every match of WvW, whether we were behind or ahead in score. Either way, I find the battle lines and have fun.

As far as I’m concerned, whether you were here from the beginning or a more recent immigrant makes no difference, for we fight together. I hope Kaineng is always a welcoming place for all, regardless of time zone or skill or lack of skill.

This week, I’ve enjoyed the battles against Mag and DB. Some we won; some we lost; but the best took time one way or the other. I am glad both enemies continue to show up in force regardless of the final score. When you take me down, consider my fallen toon a /salute to you, just as much as the /salute I try to give the brave ones we manage to fell before you respawn.

Enough said, time to join the troops.

Amanitren [KAIN] Kaineng
aka I Die The Most aka Chaulk Outline

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

/bow to all those DB who held the east keep at Kaineng BL

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: sinfulape.6301

sinfulape.6301

strange, there were a few posts here just now, but not anymore lol.
Guess its for the best. Anyway, keep up the fights guys, I’ll come online and join you later on (in-game i mean, not forums, i only have green forum gear).

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

Heres why that argument means nothing. Your server was already losing by Saturday. You know, when the keeps and towers weren’t already fortified and the battle ground was starting to lose the non hardcore pugs. Where coverage didn’t matter yet since your NA crew were probably pulling all nighters like all servers do.

I am one of the few Australians on Maguuma, and I was there for reset. There were less than 10 mag players still online in EB by the time Kaineng actually took it.

Does this mean that Kaineng is a stronger server than Maguuma? Yes. Does it prove they have better tactics or players? No. It also doesn’t prove they have worse tactics or players. All it proves is that they had enough numbers at that time to make tactics and player skill irrelevant.

[WäR]

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Oh, welcome to WvW. Here in war, it is constantly ongoing. It doesn’t pauuse because you log off. If your servers “morale” gets broken because of that than should the other servers handicap themselves just for your server?

I am sorry, but that has got to be the worst argument.

Can you imagine the US army telling Hitler, “no no, we don’t have submarines so you can’t use them either! If we had submarines, we would be more skillful than you!”

Heres why that argument means nothing. Your server was already losing by Saturday. You know, when the keeps and towers weren’t already fortified and the battle ground was starting to lose the non hardcore pugs. Where coverage didn’t matter yet since your NA crew were probably pulling all nighters like all servers do.

But seriously, you can state how skillful and omgbbqsauce your server is al day, in the end Kaineng will be the one walking away with the gold medal laughing.

Btw, I am not on Kaineng either. So don’t even state I am a Kaineng forum warrior. Just amusing to see every thread of Kaineng’s opponents who had big egos, get demolished, than they head to the forums for entertainment.

Reset night is during North American prime time. Whoever comes away on that night with the top score has fielded a better NA team. If all servers involved have queues then the server that comes away with the top score at the end of that night has played the best on that night. There is absolutely no denying that.

It’s unfortunate that the match doesn’t have the maps reset several times over the course of a week so that people have more opportunities to have an “even” fully queued matchup for several hours with all upgrades/supply reset. I imagine Oceanic prime time would love to have a chance to fight during a true reset at a more convenient time for them.

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

1. They are multiboxing

2. They refuse to do anything besides what they are told, and such look pretty awful in alot of scenarios.

pick your poison

This is exactly what we train to do. What’s the problem?

2/1 - Kain/Mag/DB (#2)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

1. They are multiboxing

pick your poison

This is exactly what we train to do. What’s the problem?

….

You do realize that recruitment is done through exactly the above video right? You don’t get in if you can’t move, and can’t stay together. Movement and following your team is mandatory, follow targets is easy, but staying together with the group isn’t as easy as it sounds. It’s an easy mechanic to check whether someone has tunnel vision or not, and identify who might not listen.

They may also be having fun. They are humans ;-)

You hear great stories about many guilds. WM is a great guild, and even better for opening some doors to bring up other players who want to learn or improve on those things.

…but when something plainly suggested falls on deaf ears, and people want to join a made up witch hunt, it gives them something to do (shrugs). Both threads sadly look like a whirlwind of 5 people emailing each other back and forth, and to date … 1 useful post. It’s different looking from the outside in.

It’s unfortunate, and people give kaineng, always give kaineng a rough ride, because someone says something at the wrong time. Well, in any event at least the tiers are so skewed … we won’t be the only ones going through it anymore. And yes, after 4 weeks of apologizing, people from other servers don’t give a kitten, and kick you in the teeth regardless. Eventually… we’re numb to it, and missing all teeth. But we’re still here.

Not looking forward to this next match up either.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$