2/1 - Sorrow's, Ferg's, Eredon('s)

in WvW

Posted by: Iskandor.9415

Iskandor.9415

Quaggan backpack edition.

Far be it for me to be the one to say this, but let’s keep it mostly clean. And brownie points for bowing (instead of short/longbowing) in Jumping Puzzles!

Attachments:

Isquen – Ranger – Ferguson’s Crossing
Sabrina Norofski – Mesmer – Ferguson’s Crossing
Representing Elsendor Militia (who?)

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Of course, I’m being a bit presumptuous that this is the lineup, but hey. We’re on blue borderlands again. How about that. </Morgan Freeman>

Looking forward to the skirmishes after work tonight!

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

Will Sorrow’s Furnace continue to hold an iron grip over EB and their own Borderlands?

Will Eredon Terrace continue their impressive defense of their own borders and collaborate with SF to keep the filthy blues from the Battlegrounds, while still remaining friendly enough to live and let live in jumping puzzles?

Will Ferguson’s still be known for its impressive defense and guerilla warfare, with more dolyak kills than a Nornish Tornado?

Who knows!

SCORE AS OF 2/4/13 2:00 AM EST

Attachments:

(edited by Iskandor.9415)

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Triple post! Shake it off! (For great justice!)

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Hi. You seemed lonely, so I thought I would post something here. Have a nice day.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Why thank you.

EDIT: One hour until I get off work. I’m itching for making pincushions out of Dolyaks.

(edited by Iskandor.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I thought I’d up the ante with more Quag!
Get on our level Sorrow’s

Attachments:

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Death Haven.8054

Death Haven.8054

I see your quaggan backpack and raise you double quaggan goodness!

Attachments:

Sorrow’s Furnace – Home of the Quaggans

(edited by Death Haven.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

Quaggan backpack club for life!

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

And brownie points for bowing (instead of short/longbowing) in Jumping Puzzles!

Good thing you didn’t mention 1H swords or foci! No green nameplate = kill it, and pop tonics and/or /dance on every corpse for me. Everyone is a ‘waaaaaaaahhh I don’t PvP’ PvE-only scrub just trying to get badges unless proven innocent, and as such don’t deserve a free ride up top, ever. Extra funny points if they just spent 2 hours trying to do the cage room.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Iskandor.9415

Well aren’t you special.

in WvW

silverfire.2547

Not really. People who refuse to attack people in the puzzle or actually sit there and camp for hours are the actual odd bunch in my opinion.

Going out of your way to let your enemy acquire weapons to use against you? Without a fight? Sounds illogical to me.

Going out of your way to sit in one spot for hours on end just to kill passers-by? Stinks of camping in odd places and I’ve hated it way back from when I just started playing FPS games. It was dumb when I started playing those, and it’s still dumb now.

Killing everything not-friendly if you happen to run into them seems like the only logical course of action.

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

Is that where you guys were when we just took SM? Glad you got the jumping puzzle secure, honey. Missed you </3

You might wanna check on the Fergs cause I think they borrowed some of your stuff while you were giggling in the dark room by yourself.. oops

in WvW

silverfire.2547

Is that where you guys were when we just took SM? Glad you got the jumping puzzle secure, honey. Missed you </3

You might wanna check on the Fergs cause I think they borrowed some of your stuff while you were giggling in the dark room by yourself.. oops

Wouldn’t know :X

I’m still at work, itching to play when I finally get home. That result isn’t too far off of what I expected, though. Our US East primetime isn’t nearly as strong as our US West primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: Barbarella.3209

Barbarella.3209

Good thing you didn’t mention 1H swords or foci! No green nameplate = kill it, and pop tonics and/or /dance on every corpse for me. Everyone is a ‘waaaaaaaahhh I don’t PvP’ PvE-only scrub just trying to get badges unless proven innocent, and as such don’t deserve a free ride up top, ever. Extra funny points if they just spent 2 hours trying to do the cage room.

Wow funny you mention “free rides” after your server plummeted to the bottom tier and started rolling (mostly pvdoor at night) the much lower populated servers… Is that the kind of “free ride” you’re talking about? If so, I must agree, you don’t deserve it. Extra funny points for the fist pumping tho

in WvW

silverfire.2547

Don’t get me wrong, I hope your guys do your best to kill our guys in the puzzle as well. In fact, blues, reds, and greens alike all lose my respect if they don’t attack enemies on sight. Absolutely nobody on any side deserves free siege and badges, and I constantly berate the PvE only whiners who complain about jump puzzle camping who fill team/map chat with irrelevant crying.

I would much rather have the match we had two weeks ago before the whole fuss about free transfers started a transfer frenzy. That was actually a fun, balanced matchup that all three sides had a chance at winning. Funny enough, we deserve to be in the bottom tier. That’s why it took falling to T8 to finally have a balanced matchup for exactly one week before free transfers ruined it for everyone again. At this point, I just want the server ratings to settle out where everyone belongs be it high or low so we can start having balanced matches again without guilds bandwagoning to winning servers left and right.

Regarding the “free ride” comment directed at my server, you’re absolutely right. I despise the fact that all the PvE-only players on my server now feel like they deserve to go through the jump puzzle uncontested and manned at most hours with portal chains that take you directly to the chest. I hate that the last minute rush of transfers turned what was a balanced matchup in the first week we had it into the curbstomp I didn’t want to see. I’d love to frequently run into enemies to kill in the puzzle (especially ones who are actually interested in killing me) and the greens, blues, and reds who spend north of 15 minutes dead in the jump puzzle whining about campers deserved the grief they got. In fact I actually lose respect for blues and reds who don’t immediately try to murder me on sight in the puzzle.

TL;DR: I expect and actually want everyone on every side to do their absolute best to kill any and every enemy they come across in the puzzle. In fact, I hope the PvE-only players from my server get some extra grief from everybody for trying to get badges while we have an unfair numerical advantage.

in WvW

Posted by: TiredTracks.6245

TiredTracks.6245

Hassan, it is a dirty tactic for sure but it isn’t indicative of just the one server. I’ve fought several groups of FC in SF’s border that used the same trick. I’m sure a small subset of ET do it as well, I just haven’t seen them in such a position.

Sodora Fatechanger – Guild Leader of [LYSS]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Red Ajax.4756

Red Ajax.4756

Everyone’s chilling with their Quagpacks and I’m just stuck with this silly Quiver.

Shoutout to the Ferg I chilled with outside DB. /bow

Looking forward to more awesome skirmishes.

Attachments:

Jericho Six [KWBH]

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

[QBPC] Recruiting Quaggan backpackers..

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Attachments:

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I don’t even go for objectives anymore, except to lure blues and reds to me. I just kill as many as I can, ignoring all else. Too bad there are a lot fewer targets now than there were two weeks ago.

As for the JP, I occasionally go in and kill any hostiles, but I leave most people alone. Killing the average person in the JP is just easy and boring, so I don’t do it. Instead, I wait for the inevitable /m whine (it gets so old) about the puzzle being camped, and then go to find the campers. I normally find a group of 3 or 4, who I proceed to kill and dance upon until they port.

And to the poster above me, your guild puts up quite the fight. I always enjoy running into one of them.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Animus.6453

Animus.6453

Solid start to the week, had a lot of fun today and some great fights with SF and ET peeps alike.. despite eventually getting steam rolled by SF. But whatever, fun’s fun. Hope the rest of the week is just as enjoyable.

Cheers to our (maybe) last week together, SF and ET.

Attachments:

Vae The Spectre – Thief
[itok] We Already Know We Are Trash

in WvW

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

I am going to miss ET and FC :S
here is me rocking out quagback while missing :S

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

I thought dancing with my Quaggan backpack on would be amazing, then I /danced only to see it disappeared! Sad Quagganz

in WvW

DisplayName.7802

Hmm..
I am going to miss FC…I dont know about ET anymore lol.
Nice Mesmer exploit =|

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

(edited by DisplayName.7802)

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Surprise!

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

We’ve never played Sorrow’s Furnace…at least I don’t think we have. Aint this the kitten?

TC

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

Surprise!

We’ve never played Sorrow’s Furnace…at least I don’t think we have. Aint this the kitten?

this for srs? or prediction type stuff?

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Surprise!

this for srs? or prediction type stuff?

So far it’s what the Millenium match up site has on it as a result of the rating reset. Who knows what will really happen. Apparently Anet is changing the formula but hasn’t said in what way. But if it holds up like this we will meet SF in T1. Oh, and along with Ebay too…they will be thrilled I am sure.

TC

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

^ Should be more fun then for the SF players that don’t get off on spawn camping ET for hours

in WvW

silverfire.2547

You mean literally just four of us holding the bridge leading from the Redwater supply camp to the keep we had a zerg currently assaulting?

That’s called blocking reinforcements, not spawn camping. Literally a third of the map distance away isn’t spawn anymore.

My team typically gets tasked with holding/taking objectives that don’t take a whole zerg to do, like holding 15 of you off with only 4.

(edited by silverfire.2547)

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

No I’m talking when I zone into EB at 4 in the morning and there’s an SF parade waiting for us about 5 yards away from the legendary defender’s leash haven’t been to WvW today I’ve unfortunately been hugging kittens and looking for unicorns in Orr -_-

in WvW

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

To the Hacks from DH on Eredon that in a matter of 3 minutes without breaking a single wall or gate took AB and AH. Screen shots were taken of you using the glitch and will be forwarded on to ANet. You have done your sever a great dis-service and cheating isn’t victory…. If you want to win try attacking SF and us with some real head to head fights not with some bull tactic that you learned by watching the cheats do.

And before anyone says anything about a mesmer sweep we took AH from SF not Eredon over 3 hours ago…. there was no way they could have got in. If you notice the attached screen the walls are still up and so is the gate.

Attachments:

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: ano.7965

ano.7965

There is a clear issue with numbers, and really needs to be addressed and sorted out by the dev team as far as wvw match up goes for the last 2 weeks we have been zerged and farmed by SF . Very discouraging if people want this game to grow and to get more of a wvw follwing this issue needs to be fixed, and to equal out the playing field——alot .

in WvW

silverfire.2547

They just did that to us on our BLs as well. It wasn’t DH there but TAC though. Both guilds doing that were present in Banjo’s post earlier. but it looks like they split up and each took a keep with that.

in WvW

DisplayName.7802

Want more pics?

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in WvW

Tanryth.1074

Want more pics?

Eredon had to go to cheating… So Sad…. Here’s another of their commander standing over my corpse in the lord room… this is sad….

Attachments:

MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

As am member of TAC, we don’t condemn any members that use the glitch, I was tthere during it and some of our players just saw the portal and use it, I don’t think they were aware of it. If there was a member of TAC that initiated the portal glitch, PM me with pics of the mesmer. As for some of the mesmers that do the wall jump glitch, I’ve been telling most guild leaders to tell their members if they see anybody doing the glitch to report them.

in WvW

Tanryth.1074

I didn’t see any TAC guys just DH and SS..

MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

If there were any KWBH there please PM me about it as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Wakafanykai.1537

Wakafanykai.1537

Cant wait to get in the action >:)

Bjorn Jacobson (80, Condi-nado Engineer)
Journey’s Edge[EDGE]
Feuguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Tanryth.1074

They took all 3 of our keeps AB/AH/Garrison using the same cheat/exploit. ET I have respect for most of you but those guilds involved in this Bull I will not show any mercy. SF…no worries

/Salute

MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.7630

Ashen.7630

The word just went out to all the ET WvW guilds. We are watching and will report them. I don’t know who these new guys are, but with so few of us for them to hide amongst, they wont last long.
Please, if you see ET folks following them afar, not amongst them, but apart as if watching please do not engage so we can witness and report. The witnesses should not take part(ET that’s a warning for anyone thinking to join them) Anyone with them is fair game. Also please feel free to contact any of our commanders, I’m sure they’d be happen to send someone to report them. I’d be happy to personally.

Ankaedes – Eredon Terrance
Pirate Knights [PK]
WvW Gate Defender and Zerg Bait.

Ankaedes – Eredon Terrace
Pirate Knights [PK]
Fat Norn bringing up the rear of the zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Be wary of generalizing people. It creates a lot of unnecessary friction.

Just because 2 or 3 people, or even a handful, behave or play one way, doesn’t mean that every person around them does as well, or even approves of it.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

“Those who spawn camp probably just got out of World of Warcraft battlegrounds” – Confucious

I guess that one guy really wanted to shake hands with the legendary defender. Seem to be spawn camping a little earlier in the night than I’m used to, it’s been pleasant!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: BigJustin.3728

BigJustin.3728

Sorrows gets in a mindless frenzy when they zerg. Had about 20 spawn camping 5 of us at the gate tonight, 5 charged to their death by guards, at the same time i looked to the left and saw a warrior trying to hundred blade a tree, while some on the right were zerging down a mosquito. mindless keyboard head rollin, i tell ya.

in WvW

Posted by: Grommet.2963

Grommet.2963

I’m glad you took screenshots and reported, we’ll be keeping an eye on them here at Eradon too. For the most part all guilds on Eradon are very tight knit and keep in touch, especially us vets who have been here since the fall from T1. I’ve been here since the server was launched, and personally do not know DH. I’m pretty sure they’re a newer guild here.

I rarely ever post here, but do check messages, if you ever catch people exploiting, don’t hesitate to send me a PM, and lets all do our part to make WvW fun for everyone.

Also, fun fight just now at Mendons Gap Sorrows. You may have overpowered us with manpower, but we certainly got our share of kills from defensive siege.

Cedrick Klom – GM of Pirate Knights
Eradon Terrace
CHIVALRY TIMBERS

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

The Sorrow’s Furnace Zerg may march like ants and strike fear into the many.

http://i50.tinypic.com/xllbgk.jpg

But they also die like ants against the prepared few.

http://i50.tinypic.com/312fi8j.jpg

We cannot hold our position forever, but we shall force them to work for our tower and bring numbers immeasurable compared to ours. We kill them off, while they slowly whittle us down from the front and below on all sides.

http://i48.tinypic.com/jpd6xs.jpg

But we do not retreat. We fight to the last man, with no man left behind unless EVERY man is left behind!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2uxy5aq.jpg

We fight for the glory of Eredon! We fight to preserve that which we each may hold dear! We fight to survive!

http://i47.tinypic.com/mv0ldz.jpg

But alas, disease, plague, and famine take hold of us, as we are wiped from the face of Mendon’s Gap. But not without taking plenty of lives with our small, motley crew.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zmi2vl.jpg

Everyone on that defense deserves a medal.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

DisplayName.7802

Geeze.
I remember the siege of Mendon’s Gap.
Great Ballista form. Took a lot of tries, but SF beats all

Basic Banjo

in WvW

stereoblind.4736

I guess we had a bit of fun with superior ballistas and what I like to call a “massacre” earlier too. When we’re outnumbered we resort to fun here on Eredon Terrace!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ZetaHaynes.2134

ZetaHaynes.2134

Id like to thank all of the ET players that decided to come an help out with KWBH’s little bit of fun in the Pangloss camp. It really took SF a lot of numbers and time to take it from us

Zetäa – 80 Warrior – [KWBH] officer

in WvW

Posted by: Sakurai Koji.6947

Sakurai Koji.6947

Usually always have fun in WvW. Specially little while back when we were even on numbers. Sad that my server (ET) only truely comes to life on point reset days. Rest of the week is normally a shame. Still, Props to both Ferg and SF for their aggressiveness and mostly honorable fights, (a few cheaters floating about, but i dont know any servers that dont have these loosers ruining it.). That said, dont think ET will take it sitting down, expect to see more red in EB :P

Commander Sakurai Koji
Pirate Knights [PK]
Micro Zerg Expert