2/1 - Sorrow's, Ferg's, Eredon('s)

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I always miss the good fights….

And I have to agree that SF zergs can be pretty mindless. Sometimes we’ll have 3 commanders run west, and only 5 green dots follow them out of 40. Everyone else runs east.

And quit holding Pang Dx Our zerglets can’t comprehend failing at a Supply Camp. They run forward, and that’s about it.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

This is how [TTA] takes towers.

Attachments:

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

in WvW

Gisei.5749

ET =O

Some mesmer is gltiching/hacking over walls as I type this in your Borderlands. Just lost Longview to it, and apparently it happened at DB just now.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Gisei.5749

Still happening at Longview. I didn’t get a screenshot, but it was an upscaled mesmer from [DH] using a movement hack to teleport about.

A bunch of Reputable guilds from ET were present.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: KholdHeart.1083

KholdHeart.1083

I was asked to post this here. Happen 2/3/2013. (Thanks for the redirect Manoa)

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

If any of you guys see TAC members that are in Tactical Terror (Not Tactical Response/Assault Unit), please let myself or McViolin know. We do not condone this type of behaviour, and as a general statement from ET, we do not agree with the select individuals that choose to exploit in this manner.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

(edited by Air.6452)

in WvW

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

was there again at longview, luckily was able to get screenshots of the DH mesmer, so hopefully Anet will do something

in WvW

Posted by: Viada.7501

Viada.7501

TAC does not support hacking/exploiting. We have been on Eredon for a long time, and have never resorted to exploiting. We will tell our members not to participate in it as well.

Viada – Guild Leader
[TAC] Tactical Terror
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Cheating always spoilt all the fun . But remember , do not accuse the whole server for the acts of few morons .
Anyway, lets continue to have fun .

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Don’t even blame them for cheating. The real cheating is this extremely uneven matchup.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

Definitely not cool that someone is using an exploit.

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

TAC does not support hacking/exploiting. We have been on Eredon for a long time, and have never resorted to exploiting. We will tell our members not to participate in it as well.

Thanks for the response — I’ve never personally seen a TAC involved in glitching, but I’m glad to see one of the officials has it under control anyway.

Best of luck to ET and FC in your new tiers when Friday arrives, after 3 resets with you fellows, my comrades and I are happy to move on. Regarding those who are upset about this match and Sorrow’s deep winning margin, don’t worry. It looks like we’re heading into Tier 1 next week due to the rating reset, where we will be destroyed until we get to a tier that accepts us. We’re saving you that trouble

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

It looks like we’re heading into Tier 1 next week due to the rating reset, where we will be destroyed until we get to a tier that accepts us. We’re saving you that trouble

We’ve have been discussing this for a few days now. Good luck up there :P

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

As it stands, looks like Sorrow’s Furnace are going to be the team to beat next match-up (by a nice margin).

Good luck guys.

Edit: the ‘nice margin’ bit refers to how well you are doing, not regarding the next round (I re-read and saw that it might be read wrong).

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

in WvW

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

bah. really?
Getting tired of you guys lol.

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in WvW

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

ET famous for defending anything they want really.

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in WvW

Posted by: Iskandor.9415

Iskandor.9415

WELLP. When the new rankings hit… we will probably still be on blue borderlands.

Kitten kitten it.

Attachments:

Isquen – Ranger – Ferguson’s Crossing
Sabrina Norofski – Mesmer – Ferguson’s Crossing
Representing Elsendor Militia (who?)

in WvW

Gisei.5749

Gah ET. Couldn’t you just have handed over the Garrison? That was a painfully long siege.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Pretty sure that two-hour long siege was what the concept guys over at ANet had in mind for WvW. Bravo to ET for getting that much siege down despite running out of supply. That stalemate held out for a lot longer than any of us expected.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: shunobee.6907

shunobee.6907

We wanted to do a re-enactment of Helm’s Deep. :P

That was fun for both sides. ^^

[mend] – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Thoughts.1987

Thoughts.1987

What an epic battle at garrison!

TFOR – Thoughtsone – Ranger – ET – 80
Golem enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Vid I put together for a Guardian build, so I’ll post it here too! Messed up the ending, but too lazy to edit lol.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

Vid I put together for a Guardian build, so I’ll post it here too! Messed up the ending, but too lazy to edit lol.

Like… three days after me asking Small Sock what your build is! Nice timing

in WvW

Posted by: Goteam.2937

Goteam.2937

when are you returning sock to us btw.. We want him back xD

Don’t make me bring my [Main] Leader
Silver Onyx Dps Guardian Scrub
+39k kills +4.4k zerg dive suicides. fc roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I recall we started talking about the mes portal glitching situation back in this threadhttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/1-11-Ferguson-s-C-Sorrow-s-F-Eredon-T/page/2#post1227398 as I was a witness to it (feel free to peruse my long rambling message) as well as a few others noting it as well. I’m glad as a group we can condemn this type of behavior (at least publicly). Now with that being said, I and a few friends witnessed an ET guy doing this last night. We elected to not use the portal out of principle, but there were many others that just zerged into it. I’m sure some of them knew what was happening but I can’t say that all of them did. For this reason, I can’t blame the people in the zerg nearly as much as I blame the actual portal creators themselves. Ignorance IS bliss after all. I guess I’m just asking that we put on our “kid gloves” when dealing with some of our fellow guildies as they may not truly understand what is happening here. I’m all for communication though. Get the word out to your folks, THEN take off the kid gloves.

LOVED the massive fight last night at the garrison. I had hoped for another such battle on the other side of the map at EH but it never came. Stayed up WAAAAAY to late last night (this morning) and I am paying for it today. haha. A special thanks to the two commanders on the field. I completely and utterly fail at remembering names but one of you was “killingfishes” and you were doing a great job with the smaller skirmishes, supply camps, etc. and the other guy in garrison was doing a great job getting everyone to get that seige built.

in WvW

Gisei.5749

LOVED the massive fight last night at the garrison. I had hoped for another such battle on the other side of the map at EH but it never came. .

A lot of SF was burned out after that battle. I didn’t stay up very long after it ended, and surely wasn’t going to engage in another.

But it was a great battle. Too bad I was having some serious lag spikes during half of it.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

It seems that in all likelihood, all three of our servers are probably gonna be brutally dominated for 2 week+ before we start to end up in more balanced tiers. This alternative is still arguably better than being deadlocked in the current matchup for 8 weeks+ as the old rating would of caused. Since our time together is coming to an end soon and we may not see each other for some time (Although another Ferg matchup with Eredon in the next weeks isn’t too unlikely I think) I would like to give a shout-out to those of you on all-sides from the North American timezones who’ve made this tier so exciting during our hours. There’s been more good battles here than most probably realize, and often the closest and most exciting fights came at the most unexpected of times, and in the most unexpected places.

@ET’S NA team, KWBH, TAC and all the groups and individuals that made ET so fierce: rock on.
@SF’s NA team (Sorry I don’t remember most guild tags except those COSA folks. They’re pretty fun to fight.), We’ve had many impressive fights, you will be missed. Good luck and keep up the good effort.

@SF night crew: Gonna be perfectly honest, I won’t miss you guys at all. I loathe PvDoor night crews.

Despite the unbalance in the current matchup, let’s try our best to enjoy what’s left of this week.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

Was anyone there when we fortified Quentin Lake with about 6 ballistas and 2 arrow carts and SF came in waves trying to capture the tower and finally succeeded when they portal bombed us? That was a really fun battle, most fun I’ve ever had in WvW period. I wish I had a screenshoot of the fortifications in the tower.

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

Gisei.5749

@SF night crew: Gonna be perfectly honest, I won’t miss you guys at all. I loathe PvDoor night crews.

What are those players suppose to do then? Sit in their Towers and Keeps playing cards?

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

I just want to echo the compliments toward ET and FC. Even though we SF’er’s have been with you a while, I have enjoyed it. There has been some great battles, the siege at the garrison last night being one of them. As a primarily defensive player myself, I admired how ET had the garrison nailed down. Good luck for the future matchups!

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

hrm… ok, new player here… was running with a zerg either yesterday or the day before… and someone popped a portal and said “use it”. i did not at the time know it was a glitch or an exploit so i used it and thought to myself “cool!”.

now that i know, i will not be taking advantage of any further such portals i see, and if i notice who casted them, i will report said behavior. apologies to the people who’s towers i helped take illegitimately during the shenanigans.

~the blue ranger with the white hat in [PK].~

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

when are you returning sock to us btw.. We want him back xD

There’s plenty of room for you guys here.

Join the dark side… we have cookies.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hrm… ok, new player here… was running with a zerg either yesterday or the day before… and someone popped a portal and said “use it”. i did not at the time know it was a glitch or an exploit so i used it and thought to myself “cool!”.

now that i know, i will not be taking advantage of any further such portals i see, and if i notice who casted them, i will report said behavior. apologies to the people who’s towers i helped take illegitimately during the shenanigans.

~the blue ranger with the white hat in [PK].~

this man deserves cookies, props, to get laid, to have this post read by every (noob) ET wvw’er, and much more for having the balls to say this

no sarcasm

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

katz.8376

i’m not a man, man…and i got laid this morning, but i am fresh out of cookies >wink<

but thank you.

(edited by katz.8376)

in WvW

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

Can’t wait till Sorrow’s gets boosted up to Tier 1 with Kaineng and Ehmry Bay. It’s going to be a slaughter. Lmfao
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

What are those players suppose to do then? Sit in their Towers and Keeps playing cards?

Hah. Of course I don’t expect active players to do nothing when there’s an easy karma/coin train available. By all means PvDoor away, eventually your server will be paired against another with a night crew anyways so it matters not. Like Kaineng. That’s gonna suck. :P

On the topic of jump puzzles, had a nice 2 v 2 in the EB jump puzzle with some SF.

That was a very nice fight on the part of those two WWGD. Mesmer and a charr thief. Once we got our act together, it was an extraordinarily close fight with a downed state battle between myself and the mesmer and both of us literally incredibly close to killing the other for the win and rally. But in the end you guys took the victory.

Might have to start using the siamoth for stealth more often, that was pretty good.

Attachments:

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)

in WvW

Darek.1836

At the request of TTA members, here’s part 1 of the SF spawn camping last night (shout out to the red charr thief)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zj64QG8rLSM

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Maephina.7096

Maephina.7096

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

Will Sorrow’s Furnace continue to hold an iron grip over EB and their own Borderlands?

SCORE AS OF 2/4/13 2:00 AM EST

As of 2/5/2013, I’d say yes. ;D

Attachments:

Maephina
Officer, Illustrious Chromatic Enigmas [ICE]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Darek.1836

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

Will Sorrow’s Furnace continue to hold an iron grip over EB and their own Borderlands?

and this is why we will be laughing our kitten off when Kain destroys you. you didn’t really think you could avoid them forever did you?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

That’s ridiculous. Don’t you people work/go to school/sleep/eat/breath?

in WvW

Posted by: Irate Platypus.9318

Irate Platypus.9318

Whenever a matchup starts to get frustrating, something like this happens and makes it all better for a while:

Wuze
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Darek.1836

Whenever a matchup starts to get frustrating, something like this happens and makes it all better for a while:

I can’t stop laughing

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

Lol yeah, I agree, is the small, funny and epic moments that make WvWvW a lot better than any PvE dungeon or map.
Just last week I was with my elementalist, the main zerg from us was like 15 attacking askalion, I went to kill the dolyak on north and found a minizerg of 5 fergs going to askalion, my buddy was killed and I was trying to shake them off, spent like 8-10 minutes with a bunch of fergs focusing on me instead of defending ask, I stopped, danced, waved and they still couldn’t catch on but still trying to get me, after those 10 minutes a thief got me from the opposite side and they killed me xd, what was funny was that after they killed me it was like 8 half of those stayed near my body laughing and dancing in my corpse… while ask was taken by a small zerg xd. Before that I was with my mesmer attacking the south gate, saw 4 ranged enemies and pulled the 4 of them off to the cliff xd, it was priceless xd.
So far I havent been a victim of that because I take advantage of cliffs so much that I know they can do that to me too xd.
Note: This is not a post of “lol how many of you took to kill me” Its a post of these guys dancing and laughing on my corpse (disrespectful) while their place was being taken.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

in WvW

katz.8376

hehe, yeah. SF was parked just outside the ‘safe’ range at the ET side n EB last night… and one person was standing off to the side, right on a little rock outcropping… i farted around for a while shooting at the main pack and them answering me 20-fold… then all of a sudden i sent my wolf after that one lone person. fear-howled em right off the edge. i giggled for a good 5 minutes. i don’t think i killed em, but i sure did annoy them. i noticed the next i time i saw them, they were way back from that ledge. XD

in WvW

Maephina.7096

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

and this is why we will be laughing our kitten off when Kain destroys you. you didn’t really think you could avoid them forever did you?

We shall see. I think SF is a much different server in WVW than a couple months ago. Should be obvious. I know I and many others look forward to finally facing new opponents. :-)

Maephina
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Maephina.7096

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

That’s ridiculous. Don’t you people work/go to school/sleep/eat/breath?

He’ll, I snapped that when logged in on my lunch break then back to work. So answer: yes :P

Maephina
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

katz.8376

so anyways… i was running around deep in enemy territory this morning (SF borderlands) making mischief… capping flags, killing dollys… and i had stopped briefly to consult my map. i hear the “hey, someone is waving at you” sound, and i take a look around, to see a sole defender, waving at me. oh, wow. they didn’t just attack me outright… maybe a duel? she bows. i bow… then her invisible friend kills me from behind.

right. lesson for the day. shoot first, bow my respect after. XD

whoever that was… you sneaky buggar! :-P

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

THINGS TO WATCH FOR:

Focus on the next match ferguson, all servers will be really unbalanced next weeks, one thing I can suggest, keep fighting, Sorrows was a server with most of the people leaving wvw if we started losing, I hated that and honestly hate if that happens to someone else’s server. SF as far as I can see, are up to the challenge of fighting a higher tier, we will have to get destroyed, but that doesnt mean we will get ours spirtits crushed. Eredon is a clear example of a never quiting server, they were awesome in fights and on friday they were really heavy.
Hope to see you guys later (if servers change) but honestly not soon xd we are craving for diferent servers to fight and we know you guys too.

katz, I know the feeling… on jp I will never do the same mistake of letting people walk, why? because you are giving them free siege and they will betray you, they can and they will, sooner or later.

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

(edited by K U R O I T S U K I.4980)

in WvW

Gisei.5749

You’re crazy if you think we have a chance next week =P It’s gonna be a massacre. I, for one, am going to thoroughly enjoy it.

SF will not be able to do well until we get our numbers under control.

When we attack, all we do is zerg. Commanders try to use strategy, but most don’t go along with it. I have seen some improvement though. The average player is still throwing down trebs in catapult range, golems in front of gates, trebs on the outer edge of walls. Just last night, I saw two different occasions where someone put down another catapult when the Wall was <15% and already and two catas hitting it.

When we defend, only a select few put up siege, and half of them puts them in the most ridiculous places. We rarely even have catapults behind gates.

When ET can fend us off for hours with 20-30% our numbers, then we have room to improve. Wait until we fight a server with the same coordination as ET, but have the same, if not more, people than we do.

Our non-prime time force is still pitifully small. 10-12 players won’t cut it against a server that can zerg around the clock.

As another anecdotal example of why SF has a ways to go, just the other day I was trying to use a treb we had to hit a Catapult that ET had built inside Overlook to get the inner gate. We had 8 players there, not counting myself. I asked for someone to spot me, but no one would. I asked three times, and fired off more than 10 shots, and still, not a single player told me how close to the catapult I was. Same thing happened a few minutes later while I used a mortar to get an ET treb.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

katz.8376

katz, I know the feeling… on jp I will never do the same mistake of letting people walk, why? because you are giving them free siege and they will betray you, they can and they will, sooner or later.

who said anything about letting ’em walk. i planned on laying into them the second i was done with my bow… i just never got the chance.

ah well. c’est la vie