2/11 Miller's sound [DE] vs Baruch Bay [SP] vs Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Arsil.6305

Arsil.6305

Far Shiverpeaks have fallen from cradle to grave. Thanks to night capping and free transfers .

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Xanti.8672

Xanti.8672

gl & hf to everyone in this weeks match up…

Xanti [ECL]
Co-Leader of Eclipse Gaming
Dzagonur [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

Havent logged in myself for 2-3 weeks, i saw this comming a looong time ago.
Scrubs from the loosing servers moving to FS to get some “glory” clogging up queues making the organized guilds unable to organize and eventually leave, and every potential wvw player leaving becouse the scrubs that are left in wvw now are just awful pvp players.

FS had problems with organization from start but Anet killed FS with free transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: MonkeyBullet.8715

MonkeyBullet.8715

Yup uve had a guild with the commander loghn fernir move from ring of fire to fs because it was greener grass. Muppet

Hawkeii – Guild Leader + Commander of I C O N I C [ICON]
Once a Roffy, always a Roffy

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

FS is far from dead yet.

And everyone from my Alliance (TNA) are having a blast in this matchup.

However I’m not surprised that this thread is quite empty.

That we’re not in T1 or T2 is more because some of the guilds that played a major part of it have left this server. Doesn’t mean we who are left are giving up by any measure tho. We’re regrouping and reorganizing. Will be fun to start climbing the ladder again, even if it takes a week, a month or two.

Once Guesting + Payed transfers are in place I think we’ll see most servers balance out and find “their place” in the tiers.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: stryke.1604

stryke.1604

aye we may be falling from grace but i had a blast yesterday fighting alongside TNA and a few other commanders, props to Eccentric / Kamikaze (the knight in shiny pink armour xD) / Aue (i think thats how you spell it :S) Caic (again not sure if thats correct spelling, my bad if not :p ) and anyone else that took the initiative to lead, we had some really nice battles

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield again. o/

Jesseius – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

FS had problems with organization from start but Anet killed FS with free transfers.

No the impatient cowardice fair weather guilds did.
I don’t care if they were respected WvW guilds or not, jumping ship to servers with a night team or to a low tier with no chance of a night team as opponent, is just the easymode way out no matter how you look at it.
They could’ve put in some work to change it for the better, but no they whined instead of taking action and then jumped ship to look for greener grass.

in WvW

maloki.3527

No the impatient cowardice fair weather guilds did.
I don’t care if they were respected WvW guilds or not, jumping ship to servers with a night team or to a low tier with no chance of a night team as opponent, is just the easymode way out no matter how you look at it.
They could’ve put in some work to change it for the better, but no they whined instead of taking action and then jumped ship to look for greener grass.

I don’t care about the people jumping ships. It’s a non issue for me. It will just give me more interesting and dynamic fights.

I’m not here to be a crybaby, I’m here to win a war. I might have lost the fight today, but I know that I will persevere and you will see Far Shiverpeaks in glory again, after all we have many a years ahead of us.

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Mynx.8206

Mynx.8206

Personally, i just got into WvW, never had any interest in it until now.
I’m wondering if anyone could give me a brief timeline/history of the WvW from FS.
I know we were top tier, how come FS has been dropping down in rating week after week? It’s been going on like this for a while I’ve noticed, but because it’s happening over a long period of time, it’s hard to find decent information on this matter.
So, would anyone mind updating me on the history of FS’s WvW and why we’re in a decline atm. ?

Thanks

in WvW

holska.4127

So, would anyone mind updating me on the history of FS’s WvW and why we’re in a decline atm. ?

Thanks

We’ve been no.2 server of EU for weeks after launch and were actually the strongest force on the maps during primetime but still VS (FR) always had at least twice the amount of points we had because they had a night team which we didn’t have.
Apparently many folks care about the points and winning that number game instead of the actual fights so they got frustrated that match after match we lost to a night team. I can understand the frustration about capping and fully upgrading keeps and loosing them every single night.
Then we landed in t2 and there met Deso who were on their way back to t1 after they had dropped a lot of tiers down when they first met us in t1 shortly after launch, they had reorganised and made an alliance with an NA guild to have a night team.
Only a few days into this matchup (that was during halloween event) the morale of our server had reached it’s low and more and more WvW guilds started transferring off, a lot of them to Deso.
Instead of trying to get our server organised they jumped ship to a server that already did that.
I think Deso has proven that it’s very well possible to recover after having dropped a few tiers and should be an inspiration to those left on our server. Don’t take the easy way out but put in some effort to help us get organized if you’re in a WvW guild and you’ll see we’ll recover.
This is from a random player’s POV (that’s why I won’t be the one stepping up, I’m in a tiny guild that didn’t even get started yet partly thanks to server transfers), the version from members of those WvW guilds / alliances will probably be different (but since they don’t communicate with PUGs, only on their own TS servers how am I supposed to know).

in WvW

maloki.3527

What Holska says pretty much covered it.

I mean people complained that we “never won” when we ere no.2 among the EU servers, which made it sound to me that people wanted to be no.1 and steamroll everyone else.

All the complaining wore a lot of people out. It’s even worn me out even if I never give up.

However, FS is reorganizing even if it is from the bottom down. If you really want to help and get into what’s going on visit us on the Far shiverpeaks forum. Farshiverpeaks.com

You can also contact me ingame if you want a heads up about stuff going on.

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

the dedicated WvW groups/guilds on FS do a great job when they’re around, it’s actually really enjoyable! however that said, i think the competitive spirit was broken for a lot of people as we were constantly matched up against servers with a strong 24 hour presence. it’s very demoralizing to wake up to an insurmountable lead every day and try and claw back as many points as possible, only to lose them all again the following night.

that combined with the other problems plaguing WvW recently (performance issues, rendering problems, orbs, etc..) also caused a lot of people to take an extended break from WvW, myself included. the recent removal of orbs was a step in the right direction, however a lot more attention needs to be given to WvW before it will bring back players who desire a more competitive atmosphere.

hopefully there are still many players like myself who are just biding their time, waiting for some WvW patches before jumping back into the fray, rather than transferring to another server.

in WvW

Posted by: Mynx.8206

Mynx.8206

Thanks for the heads up guys
I heard about RUIN and Deso already, personally I find it disgusting what they’re doing.
I don’t mind night-capping at all UNLESS non-Europeans are doing it.
Stating the obvious: They’re just relaxing during their evening steamrolling our servers because we’re asleep.
I do realize however, that they’re not the only one to blame, ANet is responsible for that as well by – like you said – allowing free server transfers. Dividing the servers in EU/A, but not enforcing the population on the correct servers seems a horrible design choice to me. That’s just asking for timezone ‘abuse’ (and why are there no Asian servers? o.0)

I hope they completely remove the EU/A brackets – or enforce them. I feel like WvW boils down to “Who has the most people up at night” ( Or the most Americans )
Even though WvW is pretty fun to do during the evening, it’s annoying to know any changes you made don’t matter anyways. It’s annoying to not be able to make a difference due to hoards of nightcappers :/

in WvW

maloki.3527

Mynx, I feel that you’re missing the point. It is during the prime time that you are doing the difference, or at least we were. Enough to stay in no.2 for 5 weeks on the 1 week reset. Which is pretty darn good if you ask me.

However, we are working hard on organizing off peak hours. Myself lead a morning crew on almost a daily basis, and we have other people organizing the night crews.

I guess people would view me as hardcore tho, because I enjoy the fights no matter what. But right now the fights we’re encountering are laughable. There’s only one force from Miller’s that I’ve had any problems with, and they probably know who they are, the rest die like flies, scatter and have no organization (are all leveling charactesr in WvW?).

When a group of 6 can fend off two hordes of 20 from both sides at the same time… It’s laughable.

Yet, we are going to loose this matchup because the presence of the FS server is really low.

We’re currently focusing on recruitment, both within the server and from the outside. FS has dropped from High pop to Medium, which means there’s a lot of room for people to transfer and no Queues!

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

holska.4127

I’m more demorizalized by the amount of people abandoning our server within only 2 or so weeks than by nightcapping.
Enforcing EU / NA isn’t going to work, when A.net announced region lock on the purchase (even without mentioning anything about playing on EU server while located in NA) there was a lot of rage all across the interwebz of folks travelling a lot for work, working in shifts or always during their prime time etc.
Removing the region flags completely could be an option if the datacenters are physically both located in NA, else not due to latency issues players on some ISPs with dodgy routes might experience. But specific language servers will probably need to stay, they are there in many mmo’s for a reason.

That said, when I get the feeling we indeed are getting organised and things are picking up again, I could be persuaded to join a night team for a period of time. Just a matter of going to sleep extremely early to stand up in the night and play until time to go to work

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

To everyone who is complaining about “fair weather” guilds and players:

Why did many guilds and players choose FS as a server to join in GW2? Do you think all the guilds you had looked at a server list and randomly selected FS? That there was no fair weather organization prior to game launch, a in a way that went like this: “Hey guys let’s all group up here, so we have the highest chances of winning”?

We didn’t have equal amount of guilds and players joining all servers randomly.

There were guilds and players who were jumping on the bandwagon before game launched, and those who jumped now recently. What gives those early bandwagoners moral right to criticize others?

There are many competitive guilds and players in WvW, and because of how ANet designed WvW there is only so much that skill can do. Sooner or later you have to join the bandwagon if you want to win and have persistent fun where everything you invest isn’t destroyed few hours later when you go to sleep. There is nothing moral or immoral about that. In other games you could learn to play better or something. In this game, you also have to jump the bandwagon, because no amount of skill will make you win while you’re sleeping. In your dreams..

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Scuzzy.2713

Scuzzy.2713

@Ianervan..pretty much spot on with your comments.

However, from a sheer logistics point of view, for general balance and so on in the EU brackets its easier for the NA guilds to return ‘home’ than for the mulitude of servers that have no NA presence to try and recruit a few.

Human nature will make it pretty hard for the servers ranked outside the top 3 brackets to recruit any ‘off peak’ players to join a percieved ‘worse’ server. I realise that Deso were T4 (i think) when RUIN joined but thats pretty much due to it being a mostly Brit server and common language. If we look at Blacktide with the drive they are doing for recruitment, I don’t see alot of results from the NA guilds, maybe its because of the large Russian presence – I don’t know.

Currently the EU rankings are dominated by 1 guild of around 70 guys, which have an adverse affect (compared to numbers) on the rankings (this is not taking away from the efforts of the Deso EU guys, having seen the turn around a couple of weeks ago in the DSvKodashvSFR game proved they had a good fighting spirit prior to RUIN joining – from memory I think I saw first RUIN guy on Thursday night in this match, by which time DS had turned around a last place to healthy second).

If the one guild were to return to the NA brackets it would make the the EU servers somewhat more stable in terms of ‘bandwagoning’, and would have stopped servers such as FSP having trouble, and ultimatley stopping the game becoming boring with only a handful of international guilds making the top tier, which I suspect will be the case in a couple of months.

in WvW

maloki.3527

However, the game is still new. We don’t even have the 14 day locks yet, we’re still being matched. And transfers doesn’t cost anything yet.

We’re just at the baby years of what WvW will become. And for some it might be worth taking a break till things stabilize.

Anyways Holska, I’d rather recommend you joining the morning crew, than the night crew. Either make an earlier morning crew than the current 7am (it was easy and worked well for us who work from home or take care of their kids), or join the existing one.

Feel free to send me a whisper in-game, or a mail. And I’ll hook you up.

@Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Xanti.8672

Xanti.8672

But right now the fights we’re encountering are laughable. There’s only one force from Miller’s that I’ve had any problems with, and they probably know who they are, the rest die like flies, scatter and have no organization (are all leveling charactesr in WvW?).

When a group of 6 can fend off two hordes of 20 from both sides at the same time… It’s laughable.

I guess you havent seen all of them yet

Every server has its guild groups who all seem to be very organized and skilled enough to crush a 40 man random zerg. For those groups every server they are fighting against seems kinda week in playerskill since they are fighting a random zerg of players who just got together to take a keep most of the time.

But there is that one guild on FS who actually made all of us laugh alot. Invasion Ru, not even able to crush an equal random zerg, no, they even had to send someone over to our server who critized our comanders plans in chat and gave away informations about where we are etc. to his guild. I guess that just happens in higher tier matches and we have to get used to it. But that one guy made it so obvious that he even kept being in his guild during his visit on miller’s ^^ (So we had one guy from Invasion Ru constant in our spawn, spamming the chat with nonsense while his guild was running around on the map with 25 people not being able to achieve anything). At least try to hide it i would say…

No accuse on the server… just wanted to share that with you guys cause i think it is funny:D

Xanti [ECL]
Co-Leader of Eclipse Gaming
Dzagonur [DE]

in WvW

holska.4127

To everyone who is complaining about “fair weather” guilds and players:

Why did many guilds and players choose FS as a server to join in GW2? Do you think all the guilds you had looked at a server list and randomly selected FS? That there was no fair weather organization prior to game launch, a in a way that went like this: “Hey guys let’s all group up here, so we have the highest chances of winning”?

Prior to launch you can’t really call it fair weather because you don’t know yet how the weather on a server is going to be just going off a list of some guild names that didn’t even establish themselves yet?
Even if some of the players were known from other PvP games that doesn’t guarantee they’re going to be playing good in GW2 as well.
Nor does it say anything about how those guilds will work together and influence the server.
Also the population and amount of guilds was fairly even spread at launch time over more than just 1 or 2 servers so you also couldn’t know yet how certain servers were going to perform.
The experience from BWE’s also didn’t tell much since many guilds switched servers for launch and servers that performed totally crap during BWE’s were great at launch and the other way around.

(edited by holska.4127)