2/11 [Sea of Sorrows] vs [Sanctum of Rall] vs [Isle of Janthir]

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

But a lot of people are very afraid to die, or even fight.

That’s true, I find myself pushing often. I have range but it always frightens them to jump in their pile and you can split them off and make them decide if they want to rez someone, let us kill them, or keep attacking. It’s one of the reasons I started building for toughness, 2 groups standing face to face just ranging and no one moving. I had to see someone push so I did it, call it impatience lol

We need less glass cannons I think but because ppl get so much contribution from damage, they hesitate to spec much else. That’s part of the mechanics that can change in future – support being worth something. Even with all my toughness I do kill ppl, it’s just not fast, if ppl would get used to that playstyle too maybe we could have funner fights because every target you hit would be hit for different damage so you start picking squishies and they would naturally hang back for protection but AT LEAST be on the ground instead of taking AOE on those goofy walls. If you aren’t manning siege or healing or rezzing I do wonder what you get out of taking constant AOE on the walls :P It’s funner on the ground, hop down sometime and if a door is close, you have an exit to recover then return. If nothing else it will make them spread their AOE into 2 places, the ground and the walls/gate if more would just take initiative.

You know what I think hurts us sometimes too. Completely dead people waiting on a rez when the run is close. When you get a rez you take out another player from fighting. It’s ok to run back, as far as I know it’s the same armor damage. When you run back sometimes you catch a flank you can all out.

(edited by psirca.9452)

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Most of the fun has been completely sucked out of this match. While I would agree that there has been very little exploiting seen(atleast from my time in WvW this week) What I have seen is the massive abuse of the culling issue. I’ve watched zergs port 10 yards to use culling to their advantage, theives using it to defend camps or towers far longer than they should have. Watching a zerg that vastly outnumbers its enemy use the AoE killer, “the ball” to negate the defense of those with far less numbers than themselves.

While all these things are considered “fine” in the context of a non-exploit, they serve no other purpose than to ruin any chance of fun to be had by either side. Winning is great, but to win at the cost of fun, in a non-ranked aspect of the game by any means, including, lets just say “sketchy” means does far more harm than a blowout.

We’ve seen what Anet does to things that cause an imbalance within the game, that cannot be fixed in a reasonable manner, they remove it completely. With the rampant abuse seen in the last few days I would not be surprised if some of these class abilities(from WvW) and “tricks” are removed outright to prevent this kind of imbalance.

Those aren’t exploits and we can all do them. However turtle and portals both require a degree of teamwork and coordination. SoR has a hard time with that, I watched the Tempest Wolves try to pull some different stack and portal tactics other night, and a lot of people in Team chat were just complaining “it wont work!” and “your stupid!”.

Except it was working, they were holding off 3 to 1 odds for a long time. If they could have taken all the team chat trolls(like half the people in the borderland) and got them to cooperate, the tactic would have dominated.

We are in a weird spot atm, the 4 servers above us beat us on the 24/7 coverage, so us moving up is unlikely. The 2 servers below us are TC and IOJ which are nearly comparable in size except IoJ is actually showing up and melting face when they face a real fight. We are stuck in this #5 slot until… something happens?(Probably one of top 4 has a population meltdown) We will always be fighting the loser of Tier one and the winner of tier 3 will cycle between TC and IOJ. Not really sure how I feel about it, I personally have a lot of fun fighting SoS, however a lot of people are always whining about it when they should be stepping up and getting better.

TLDR: Portal and Turtle tactics are legit, get over it.
Work as a team and quit crying/raging in team/map.
We are stuck as #5 for a while probably.
4th (Insert Tier One loser with better 24/7 coverage here)
5th (Insert SoR partying like its 1999.)
6th (Insert TC or IoJ here.) TC will pretend to have no population at all and IoJ could probably push some overtime and sneak a win on us, maybe not this round but they appear to have a lot more chances.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

On an even playing field portaling is fine, there are plenty of counters it. Just yesterday in SoR BL, a group was attacking Long View(or whatever its called on that BL) they were 30 strong with 8 defenders in the tower. The entire group balled up to prevent AoE on their Cata, right at the gate. Now the ramp up to the Lord in Long View is what 10 yards? something like that, most of the defenders were at the lord, instead of running 10 yards up the ramp after the gate was down, the entire 30 man zerg, ports 10 yards to the top of the tower lord area, what reason other than to use culling to your advantage is there to do something like that?

Now I may be harsh in my judgement of SoS for doing this, but I’ve seen them use and abuse it far more than SoR or IoJ, not to say I have not seen my fair share of it on those sides aswell, but when you go an entire day with an outmanned buff, and the enemies answer to every question is to portal bomb, you sort of get the feeling that while its a viable tactic, its overuse has completely negative effects on the game.

2 weeks ago I had the most fun I’ve ever had in WvW, and it was against SoS, and while portal bombing was used on both sides, it was not the answer to everything as it is now.(In the BLs at least.)

@Bashido, I’ve spent a few hours this week in EB, so far its been a blast, probably the best place for WvW this week for sure.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

That is one thing I also noticed about IoJ. We tend to not push when we should, a few times I have jumped into an enemy group when we had larger numbers only to die because everyone else backed up instead of pushing forward. I am a cleric’s toughness/healing build guardian so i can stay up for a while despite 2-3v1 so jumping in first is generally my thing. But people need to see that when a couple people start jumping in to capatalize on it because they will get focused not you. My spec is even ally healing friendly 1.3k + to healing going out through regens and my virtue passive going to allies.

In Short, Ioj, if you see guardians jumping in, odds are they are tank builds, take advantage of the focusing on them and blow up some people. Do not retreat when we have the numbers on our side.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon.7532

Solomon.7532

Less Zerker sets, something I can stand behind.

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

That is one thing I also noticed about IoJ. We tend to not push when we should, a few times I have jumped into an enemy group when we had larger numbers only to die because everyone else backed up instead of pushing forward. I am a cleric’s toughness/healing build guardian so i can stay up for a while despite 2-3v1 so jumping in first is generally my thing. But people need to see that when a couple people start jumping in to capatalize on it because they will get focused not you. My spec is even ally healing friendly 1.3k + to healing going out through regens and my virtue passive going to allies.

In Short, Ioj, if you see guardians jumping in, odds are they are tank builds, take advantage of the focusing on them and blow up some people. Do not retreat when we have the numbers on our side.

Yesh! Cleric’s here too.
If I’m rushing same thing, I’m healing anyone near me for 2k + about every 7 seconds.
I’m a mesmer tho. If you hear a mesmer around you saying lots of stuff like “healing, vital, recovery” – that’s a mantra user and they likely have heals for you. It’s a build that is starting to be noticed. So many overlooked mantras but some of us talk about them now and share our builds. Just the other day someone asked for my build info and I sent them info on gear and all buffs I used. It’s ok to not be super glass cannon all the time. I still get gold contributions When you get 2 or more ppl beating on you and you can stay alive, there is some empowerment there. You can die if focused well but what a super hero move to just charge in and not be so concerned lol P.S. I suggest plenty of condition removal skills to backup your toughness – toughness will deflect the direct dmg, conditions you can just wipe off. I love watching ppl scatter when I push them.

(edited by psirca.9452)

in WvW

Bash.7291

i have the trait that on virtue of resolve use i lose 3 conditions, run healing signet which removes a condition every 10s, and the toughness trait that removes one every 10s as well. I also run the elite that makes me immune for 3 seconds and renews my virtues, so condition removal is easy for me. I always run “Retreat” and “judges intervention” as utilities, the third changes between “save yourselves” which is great for taking conditions off allies and giving yourself tons of boons. Or I run the shout with regen/protection… cant remember the name off the top of my head. Either way I am very ally friendly while still being able to hold my own. Just wish people would capatalize on it.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: podnah.2896

podnah.2896

My guild on SOR had some fun skirmishing vs IOJ (TL) on election night at a supply camp. With SOS just showing up with the numbers, these fights vs TL were lots of fun even if they were not very helpful to our servers in the long run.

The larger issue is that the consequences of turtling to cap AOE dmg and the delayed rendering of mobs ……are making wvw LESS fun. I’d also add that being able to see where fighting is taking place completely takes away the fog of war….uncertainty adds to the fun factor.

Chere Migonne, 80 Mesmer
Couillon, 80 Warrior
Sanctum of Rall: Krewe of Misfits (KOM)

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

Daish thinks SoS need to learn when to Sacrafice its their major flaw at the moment

in WvW

Bash.7291

Yeah, I am all for extending the cap on AoE, Removing It I think would just make the issue worse to the other extreme, but making it 7 or 10 I think would even it out a bit. Or have some type diminishing returns where the first 5 are hit fully then it goes down to like 50% damage for everyone else hit by the skill.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Uthman.4873

Uthman.4873

Good times all. Nice amount of fighting and comedy IMO, I’ve encounterd a lot of good sports and fun people on all three servers, rendering issues just add to the fun. I ran into a HUG group at star that didn’t render until i was in the middle. I did what anyone else would do, “Backslash Dance”. It’s been a really good week for badges too.

Uthman – Norn Ranger
Grangy – Asura Guardian
Sanctum of Rall since soft start

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

when you go an entire day with an outmanned buff, and the enemies answer to every question is to portal bomb, you sort of get the feeling that while its a viable tactic, its overuse has completely negative effects on the game.

It’s not a “viable tactic”, it is Standard Operating Procedure.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

Daish thinks SoS need to learn when to Sacrafice its their major flaw at the moment

You mean like your /map proposed tactic when SoR were pressuring you and you were folding : “let them take the whole map and we will come get it back when they leave”
You are just a bad commander and really ought to just stop trying. We are just lucky a PRX commander was in there too, as we held 2 keeps, 2 towers, and 3 camps for approximately 4 hours after you went off sulking, and still had them later when i got back.

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Moonhaven.9162

Moonhaven.9162

I’d just like to say that I’m actually quite fond of SoR and IoJ, and that whoever these two were, you guys were awesome

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon.7532

Solomon.7532

Dancing in WvW, SMH

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

We had a blast last night in EB. Our guild went to EB because we had noticed that everything on it was taken by Sea of Sorrows. We had to fight tooth and nail and had about an hour and a half siege on our keep against Sea of Sorrows. It was a blast. Hope to see yall again tonight.

Thanks,

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

Blackgate player here. I just want to say gl to SoS facing JQ and SBI tomorrow if you guys make it to tier 1, which i think you will. They like to double team new servers that makes it into tier 1. We have recently lost a lot of bandwagoners and im sure they went to SBI or JQ. Our population for WvW is lacking so we cant put up a good fight in tier 1, i think tier 2 will be a good place for BG while we regroup and hopefully gain more people in WvW. I look forward to facing SoR and IoJ.

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

in WvW

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

SoS for the second time today took upgraded garrison with in 15 seconds of 1st hitting water gate, can a Dev look into this for a possible WG exploit. Its starting to be pointless to try to keep it.

I ran with the 8 (give or take a few) golems that took down your garrison the entire way there. If using what we have to our advantage is an exploit, then I apologize, but I’m pretty sure it’s not.

in WvW

Bash.7291

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Nobody in the top 6 are expected to move this week, next week possibly.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Nobody in the top 6 are expected to move this week, next week possibly.

If SoS lead widens, and BG fall behind SBI further, the ratings will change and SoS will go to T1

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I find all this crying about portal bombing amusing. We on SoS use it to help break through larger teams to get behind them while they are focused on the door, or to take out siege. If you are not aware of what is happening its basically bad communication and bad defense of your siege weapons.

I’ve also been on the receiving end of a portal bomb gone wrong against IoJ. They were quick enough to respond to the appearance of a portal and laid down massive amounts of AoE on the portal and blew us all up. Then they finished off the rest and took the keep with ease. I’ve also been in a group that smashed a portal bomb because once we saw the BIG PINK CIRCLE appear on the ground we know what is is about to happen and drop reflection fields and massive amounts of AoE, we don’t have to see the people appearing to know they are there, and they get stomped.

portal bombs can work and also work against you depending on how the other team deals with it.

the perma thief cap blocking is an issue on the other hand and I don’t like people using that either on our team or on the enemy team. Having one person block a group of 20 capping a point is a bit silly.

in WvW

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

I don’t mind, Theives stealthing may be extremely frustrating for the enemy but This is warfare here and much like in the real world, we use whatever tactics/assets we have at our disposal.

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

SoS your sever is very good at using characters qualities to your tactical advantage. Thieves, Mesmers, Guardians etc. I think these whiners are just frustrated at not being able to take you over. This is warfare. There are no rules. Use what you have to your advantage. You guys just happen to be very good at. Good Luck in Tier 1 your sever has earned it in my personal humble opinion.
I love match ups against you. SoS makes WvW challenging and fun, but most of all incredibly frustrating.
I really hope Anet doesn’t listen to all this whining and start drastically changing WvW into a WoW PvP.
Keep on going SoS once some of these servers get their kitten together we might see you in Tier 1.
P.S I personally haven’t seen SoS exploiting anything. They just happen to be better at warfare than SoR and IoJ this week.

SoR [RUN]

(edited by Sweetevil.9208)

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I see golem armies being used everyday now, technology is advancing, artilary units are no longer useful. [Edit] Golems Golems

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I Had a great time last night with our midnight crew trying to take back SoR border. Favourite part of the night was when we found an SoS mesmer in Bay keep and just as I was about to banish him off the wall he got the portal down at the final moment and the whole invading team appeared on me. I was melted in seconds but it was great fun regardless. I have no problem with portal bombing, it’s a great tactic that always keeps you on your toes. Whether we lose this round or not doesn’t matter one bit because I’m having a great time fighting a losing battle. I just wish more people could more optimistic about the game, facing a superior or even equal foe, whether it be numbers, levels or tactics is what makes the game fun for me.

in WvW

Posted by: podnah.2896

podnah.2896

I see golem armies being used everyday now, technology is advancing, artilary units are no longer useful. Golems Golems

true….but if AN would remove the AOE cap then they would be in demand again…until players learned that you can’t stand on top of each other with immunity.

Chere Migonne, 80 Mesmer
Couillon, 80 Warrior
Sanctum of Rall: Krewe of Misfits (KOM)

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Agree on the tanks, healing spec guardians are beasts and I have a very tanky healing warrior. Charging into a zerg to break a stalemate is a good tactic as long as people follow. Ive had pretty good luck with it on SoS, though in giant zergs were it’s all about culling im not sure

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Agree on the tanks, healing spec guardians are beasts and I have a very tanky healing warrior. Charging into a zerg to break a stalemate is a good tactic as long as people follow. Ive had pretty good luck with it on SoS, though in giant zergs were it’s all about culling im not sure

Tbh we could do with a few more people like you on our team, against ‘most’ opponents that’s all you need to force a retreat and you end up hammering them in the back and wiping most of the fleeing team. Its when you face a group that holds their ground and doesn’t run at the first sign of the enemy charging is when you get in trouble.

But more often than not I see a tactic like yours working. Pick your targets though, if its a solid guild group you’re likely to die, against a group of randoms watch them flee in terror and pick up loot bags on the way

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I am enjoying this match.

However I am starting to think that Anet should limit the amount of golems allows within a certain area. (Kinda like they do all other siege.)

SoR has both been hit by golem army’s, and used them in this match. Though even using them, to get our towers/keep back, I do feel it’s somewhat cheap that 8 golems can rip through gates in a matter of 5-15seconds.

It’s almost as if it makes it so easy to just mesmer portal chain an army of golems, that no other sieging is worth it. :x

Plus turtling the golems+ people, kills a good bit of the AOE damage. Add in Time warp, and reflects + people aoe’ing the walls.

I don’t know, I mean I like golems, and such, but I do see where it can ruin the fun of WvW.

This Match is basically SoS and SoR going at it at nights/morning with golem army’s anyways.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Just a heads up, get use to the Portal bombs, culling issues, and golem rushes if you wish to advance in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Blackgate player here. I just want to say gl to SoS facing JQ and SBI tomorrow if you guys make it to tier 1, which i think you will. They like to double team new servers that makes it into tier 1. We have recently lost a lot of bandwagoners and im sure they went to SBI or JQ. Our population for WvW is lacking so we cant put up a good fight in tier 1, i think tier 2 will be a good place for BG while we regroup and hopefully gain more people in WvW. I look forward to facing SoR and IoJ.

I’m sorry but I think Blackgate put a target on themselves with the bad rep they built before even getting into T1 with all the proclamations of being “Beastgate”, they’re going to be number 1, having people moving to other servers for a few days to mess with rankings because they were “bored”, the general arrogance shown by a lot of Blackgate posters on the various boards.

SBI and JQQ dished out some humble pie the last couple of weeks, hopefully it did some good. A second population implosion happening? Well good luck getting decent guilds this time around and hopefully the trash left with the band wagoners.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

I Had a great time last night with our midnight crew trying to take back SoR border. Favourite part of the night was when we found an SoS mesmer in Bay keep and just as I was about to banish him off the wall he got the portal down at the final moment and the whole invading team appeared on me. I was melted in seconds but it was great fun regardless. I have no problem with portal bombing, it’s a great tactic that always keeps you on your toes. Whether we lose this round or not doesn’t matter one bit because I’m having a great time fighting a losing battle. I just wish more people could more optimistic about the game, facing a superior or even equal foe, whether it be numbers, levels or tactics is what makes the game fun for me.

Reps for a good attitude and for the sig! THAC0…now those were the days!

in WvW

Toast.6459

I remember being on the delivering end of that portal bomb, we were waiting outside the wall hoping our sneaky mesmer would manage to get there in time before he got killed, its unpredictable situations like that which you can’t really get in sPvP that make WvW fun/refreshing.

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

I’m sorry but I think Blackgate put a target on themselves with the bad rep they build before even getting into T1 with all the proclamations of being “Beastgate”, they’re going to be number 1, having people moving to other servers for a few days to mess with rankings because they were “bored”, the general arrogance shown by a lot of Blackgate posters on the various boards.

SBI and JQQ dished out some humble pie the last couple of weeks, hopefully it did some good. A second population implosion happening? Well good luck getting decent guilds this time around and hopefully the trash left with the band wagoners.

Every Server goes though bad apples and band wagoners. The good players are still left in Blackgate and band wagoners and bad apples have left, now is the time we will regroup and make our Blackgate community. We will come back to tier 1 with a vengeance sometime! I look forward to the day we can finally overtake SBI or JQ we just have a lot of work to do.

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

(edited by BMW.2951)

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Looks like tier 1 match will be locked in for a third consecutive week though because Blackgate is adament on staying here (+520 potential points on a Wednesday to catch up). I would love to see SoS try out their strats in Tier 1 to see how it goes because I’m reading a lot about portaling, which is exactly what Blackgate brought to the table when they started T1, but they hardly use it anymore (maybe cause SBI and JQ have adapted to it? but not sure). Hopefully SoS will make it to Tier 1 this week and let’s see how they fair.

in WvW

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

score update please

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I’m reading a lot about portaling, which is exactly what Blackgate brought to the table when they started T1, but they hardly use it anymore (maybe cause SBI and JQ have adapted to it? but not sure). Hopefully SoS will make it to Tier 1 this week and let’s see how they fair.

SBI and JQ had a lot of time to adapt to culling issues, portal bombing, while they were fighting against HoD. (Back when HoD was #1 ranked.)

Pulling out “portal bombing” and acting as if it was a new thing, I doubt effected SBI/JQ much. When I was on SBI, HoD used portal bombing 24/7, in addition to many tactics and mass amounts of people 24/7. So I highly doubt it was new to them.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

That hour long siege at IoJ borderlands against bay was a massive drainer but it was worth it good work SoS.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

SoR continues to sit at ’Full’ despite us having less than 100 players on the entire server during off hours.

Something has to be wrong with the system.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

SoR continues to sit at ‘Full’ despite us having less than 100 players on the entire server during off hours.

Something has to be wrong with the system.

Nothing is wrong, the vast majority of players on most servers only do PVE. Some servers are more heavily PVE oriented than others.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

SoR is full 6 am eastern time. It’s impossible for the server to be what I consider full outside prime time. There’s more commanders in Cursed Shore than in WvW I notice as well.

Also, I do see what people are complaining about with culling issues. Saw SoS use it yesterday to defend a keep and literally I was dead before anyone loaded on my screen. Perfectly viable strategy to flank your opponent, but when it’s abused the way it is than it’s borderline exploit. If a player is loaded on your screen than they should stay loaded even if they portal or are popping in and out of stealth.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

kuora.5402

Noooooo vale camp! We held it for so long and killed soooo many people!

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

On an even playing field portaling is fine, there are plenty of counters it. Just yesterday in SoR BL, a group was attacking Long View(or whatever its called on that BL) they were 30 strong with 8 defenders in the tower. The entire group balled up to prevent AoE on their Cata, right at the gate. Now the ramp up to the Lord in Long View is what 10 yards? something like that, most of the defenders were at the lord, instead of running 10 yards up the ramp after the gate was down, the entire 30 man zerg, ports 10 yards to the top of the tower lord area, what reason other than to use culling to your advantage is there to do something like that?

Now I may be harsh in my judgement of SoS for doing this, but I’ve seen them use and abuse it far more than SoR or IoJ, not to say I have not seen my fair share of it on those sides aswell, but when you go an entire day with an outmanned buff, and the enemies answer to every question is to portal bomb, you sort of get the feeling that while its a viable tactic, its overuse has completely negative effects on the game.

2 weeks ago I had the most fun I’ve ever had in WvW, and it was against SoS, and while portal bombing was used on both sides, it was not the answer to everything as it is now.(In the BLs at least.)

@Bashido, I’ve spent a few hours this week in EB, so far its been a blast, probably the best place for WvW this week for sure.

Probably shouldn’t give away strategy… but..
walking through a doorway into a catapult, ballistas, up a ramp with 8 or more defenders, dropping aoe, and gaurdian walls, etc.
Choke points. death traps.
Backing off as a door drops. stealth, drop portal. stablity, swiftness, and blink a portal up and behind seige, defenders. Hit them from behind.

in WvW

kuora.5402

I am enjoying this match.

However I am starting to think that Anet should limit the amount of golems allows within a certain area. (Kinda like they do all other siege.)

SoR has both been hit by golem army’s, and used them in this match. Though even using them, to get our towers/keep back, I do feel it’s somewhat cheap that 8 golems can rip through gates in a matter of 5-15seconds.

It’s almost as if it makes it so easy to just mesmer portal chain an army of golems, that no other sieging is worth it. :x

Plus turtling the golems+ people, kills a good bit of the AOE damage. Add in Time warp, and reflects + people aoe’ing the walls.

I don’t know, I mean I like golems, and such, but I do see where it can ruin the fun of WvW.

This Match is basically SoS and SoR going at it at nights/morning with golem army’s anyways.

;) Would like to comment on this further.

I can see that some people may come up with an argument that mass golem army tactic is a valid one. It is indeed. What I see as a problem here is whether should they be accepted as a mindless one. Portal chaining and porting 30+ people and 10 golems as a mesmer on TS3 + 2 PUG mesmers was not very hard on tuesday when we took all of SoR BL using only 8 golems.

What I really did was find the spots where I can portal in order to be consealed, calculate portal range in my brain and look out for invaders. That is not very hard. Coordination and proper organisation should be rewarded, not 20 omega golems that cost somebody 100g. As I’ve said before, golem portaling is not very hard at all.

Anyone who thinks that sweeping a WvW map with 30g is a legitimate and smart tactic, you really should think again. And this, is why golem numbers per map should be limited.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Probably shouldn’t give away strategy… but..
walking through a doorway into a catapult, ballistas, up a ramp with 8 or more defenders, dropping aoe, and gaurdian walls, etc.
Choke points. death traps.
Backing off as a door drops. stealth, drop portal. stablity, swiftness, and blink a portal up and behind seige, defenders. Hit them from behind.

We did that on HoD so it’s nothing new.

For every defensive strategy, no matter how in depth, there’s always an equal offensive strategy that can defeat it and vice versa.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

Good match all 2nd place in tier 2 is decent for SoR. SoS showed superior organization and coverage, but mostly PRX just carried.
Not impressed with your individual player skill though. Very rarely did I see SoS or IoJ win anywhere they didnt outnumber us. I believe 100% that SoR has more overall player skill than SoS we just not appropriating it well yet. Had SoR more from EPIC and GSCH (with nearly 2000 players between them they could fil ques pretty much 24/7) and had IoJ and SoR not fought so much for no reason SoS would not have such a lead. We have lots of player that work 2nd/3rd shift like me that could make up a strong off hour force.

We will now train, consolidate and ready our selves for next week. Getting SoR guilded up and on TS.

Conquerors Within [WvW] Is Recruiting new and experienced players, to fight against our enemies in WvW. Have two commanders, useing server TS. Casual wvw players welcome, but mainly lf tactical adepts. That like running with an organized team build. We will put you in teams according to your mains class highest level best gear. Using server TS. need people with vision and a never give up attitude to help make this happen.

Voice message to PRX and SoR: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0OZL5J01ycI

Attachments:

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

This is one of the best matches I’ve had. It’s Thursday and people are still fighting tooth and nail all over!

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Good match all 2nd place in tier 2 is decent for SoR. SoS showed superior organization and coverage, but mostly PRX just carried.
Not impressed with your individual player skill though. Very rarely did I see SoS or IoJ win anywhere they didnt outnumber us. I believe 100% that SoR has more overall player skill than SoS we just not appropriating it well yet. Had SoR more from EPIC and GSCH (with nearly 2000 players between them they could fil ques pretty much 24/7) and had IoJ and SoR not fought so much for no reason SoS would not have such a lead. We have lots of player that work 2nd/3rd shift like me that could make up a strong off hour force.

We will now train, consolidate and ready our selves for next week. Getting SoR guilded up and on TS.

Conquerors Within [WvW] Is Recruiting new and experienced players, to fight against our enemies in WvW. Have two commanders, useing server TS. Casual wvw players welcome, but mainly lf tactical adepts. That like running with an organized team build. We will put you in teams according to your mains class highest level best gear. Using server TS. need people with vision and a never give up attitude to help make this happen.

I actually listened to that voice message. You sound like Fox News Tuesday night and Wednesday, denying reality because you want the world to be different than it is.

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

but mostly PRX just carried.

It is a shame you think that. PRX has been on a single BL this entire match.

in WvW

Toast.6459

I rarely see SoR able to kill anyone they don’t outnumber. How many even fights have I lost this WvW? Very, very few, most of them to thieves, wonder why. How many times have I been ganked by 5+ SoR? Way too many, and its still funny because most of them still took forever and a half to get me down.