2:15 BP | Anvil Rock | NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

What is this, round 4?

Looks to be another fun week of WvW. So far its been a very fun and close weekend match-up with the week working out to be a close up until Thursday.

So far its Anvil rock winning the opening round with Borlis Pass taking the last 3 weeks.

Ratings are getting even closer than the weekly score.

Started @

Borlis Pass : 1338
Anvil Rock: 1210
N Shiverpeaks: 1158

The projected rankings are:

Borlis Pass : 1263
Anvil Rock: 1241
N Shiverpeaks: 1200

That’s right, a 180 point spread down to 60ish. Barring something crazy in the ranks, we’ll be playing each other for weeks to come.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Manbear.3408

Manbear.3408

It’s GW2’s version of the Battle of the Somme.

Borlis Pass Pride!

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Good luck on reset tonight guys.
I’m off to sleep.
<3

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Gothahm.6274

Gothahm.6274

Good luck all…See you on the fields!

Cinfu-Asuran Mesmer
Gothahm-Human Guardian
[HoA] House of Ahm/Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Good fights so far. Too tired from last night, haha, so I’m calling it. Good luck to everyone!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

All I want to know is why it is that all the people who dance or laugh when they kill you when they out number you, are the first ones to run and hide when the fight looks like it might be close to fair.

Is it something in the coward gene or something?

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

All I want to know is why it is that all the people who dance or laugh when they kill you when they out number you, are the first ones to run and hide when the fight looks like it might be close to fair.

Is it something in the coward gene or something?

Welcome to 95% of the player base.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

[WFD] Waiting for Death? More like waiting for PAXA

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

Had lots of fun tonight with ya PAXA, ya’ll have a mighty large group these-days! I’m impressed… think the first week we went up against you we killed you numerous times because of a balance, thesedays it appears you have recruited quite well

We don’t do too bad being a casual WvW and PvE guild that doesn’t require anything

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

Late night 2/15 early morning 2/16.
had some good fights in EB and AR borderlands!
havent seen zergs this big in a while. You guys turned the tide
on us more than once and it was really fun.

<3 from [Sekz]

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

A lot of good fights tonight. Curious as to how long BP will be locked in this tier for.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: imalog.7689

imalog.7689

goodnight nsp, you can have your bl back.

[ALS] Commander TwoGallants
AR Alliance Public Relations Manager.

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

A lot of good fights tonight. Curious as to how long BP will be locked in this tier for.

I don’t think we’re going anywhere. Why do you ask? Don’t you like us anymore?

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Had lots of fun tonight with ya PAXA, ya’ll have a mighty large group these-days! I’m impressed… think the first week we went up against you we killed you numerous times because of a balance, thesedays it appears you have recruited quite well

We don’t do too bad being a casual WvW and PvE guild that doesn’t require anything

It was server flip night man. That means “zergs” increase in size by 3-4×. We are not going to run 5 when everyone else increases to 30+. So we ran 10.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: RonnyRaygun.5692

RonnyRaygun.5692

Great Job all last night, it was a blast. I want to thank those who joined the new alliance and it is an honor and privledge working with you all. Hit me up for info on it. Great Job to all NSP guilds. even the one not in this alliance. Lets keep it up. it takes the whole server to do what we did and we reconize that.

Commander Ronny Raygun
[TCMM] The Culpeper Minute Men Leader
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Rob.7624

We’re in the lead? NSP is such a little nibble dude. I mean, clearly I am reading the score wrong and that NSP is in last place and AR are in first.

Night crew this morning.
Here is a before and after shot of the score.

Me and Commander Smitry. Just being bosses together.

1) When just login

2) 2 hours later

C-c-c-Combo breaker!

3) decided to poke AR and see what happened

4) decided to poke BP and see what happened

I’m off now, Goodluck NSP!

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Had fun in EB until some scrub commanders came along and started splitting my group lol. You know you have a troll commander when he trys to pull everyone to the grub when both walls of stonemist are down and screams “Grub!” in team chat…

No wonder people don’t like commanding there any more! Regardless, I had fun ruining those golems you kept chucking at us. I cant remember who brought a branspanking new Omega with some little alpha buddies in only for us to break it down before it even got damage on the gate (think it was bp, but NSP chucked a fair few golems at us too!)

Going to sleep now.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in WvW

Rob.7624

Had fun in EB until some scrub commanders came along and started splitting my group lol. You know you have a troll commander when he trys to pull everyone to the grub when both walls of stonemist are down and screams “Grub!” in team chat…

No wonder people don’t like commanding there any more! Regardless, I had fun ruining those golems you kept chucking at us. I cant remember who brought a branspanking new Omega with some little alpha buddies in only for us to break it down before it even got damage on the gate (think it was bp, but NSP chucked a fair few golems at us too!)

Going to sleep now.

Going to sleep as well.
But which SM do you speak of? Our New Magical SM?
:DD

Good fighting, AR were tough.
But now BP is rolling our bl with a 30man.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

HAHA Nsp hold on to Sm like its going to get them a win!

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

A little video from the most irrelevant player of the most irrelevant guild during primetime reset shenanigans. Enjoy!

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

Corrosive Poison Cloud? That’s an interesting choice.

That aside, fun video, quite the show.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

And that is why I can never watch necro videos.

Put some circles on the ground, run around, more circles, more running, more circles. Switch weapons do some stuff. Switch back, more circles, more running, more circles, more running. Dodge.

I think this is why It is taking me so long to level my necro =(

in WvW

osif.8673

To each their own. I like the head on play style of warriors but hate being a thief. People just like different classes. Plus, you can say the same thing about any class.
Thief – back stab, heart seeker, heart seeker, heart seeker, stealth, dodge.
Ele – chaos meteors, stun field, healing rain (AoE AoE AoE).
etc. etc.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: Manbear.3408

Manbear.3408

Wryscher, I feel your pain. I’ve been leveling my necro this past week, and I think I should have named him “Gingerbread Man,” because I spend most of my time running around in circles dropping marks with a train of ettins rumbling along behind me until they die, presumably of exhaustion.

Borlis Pass Pride!

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

To each their own. I like the head on play style of warriors but hate being a thief. People just like different classes. Plus, you can say the same thing about any class.
Thief – back stab, heart seeker, heart seeker, heart seeker, stealth, dodge.
Ele – chaos meteors, stun field, healing rain (AoE AoE AoE).
etc. etc.

I know. I didn’t really mean that as negative as it sounded. As you pointed out with the limited skill selection all the classes basically boil down to doing 1 or 2 skills all the time and just fitting the rest in when needed.

Again, I wasn’t trying to make fun of you. Sorry it came across that way.

in WvW

osif.8673

I know. I didn’t really mean that as negative as it sounded. As you pointed out with the limited skill selection all the classes basically boil down to doing 1 or 2 skills all the time and just fitting the rest in when needed.

Again, I wasn’t trying to make fun of you. Sorry it came across that way.

No worries, I’m not the necro anyway.
But yes, I was just pointing out that (at least I think anyway) all GW2 videos look that way. But I agree that staff necros should have more variety in their animations!

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

And that is why I can never watch necro videos.

Put some circles on the ground, run around, more circles, more running, more circles. Switch weapons do some stuff. Switch back, more circles, more running, more circles, more running. Dodge.

I think this is why It is taking me so long to level my necro =(

I’m the necro and I agree with you a little, for that fight was better to be in ranged 90% of the fight but if u looked at my solo video its a lot different. Osif is right tho I think certain other class videos are worse. The video wasn’t really about the play of me on my necro but more so the whole keep take.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

(edited by subcrazy.1098)

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerhorn.1347

Hammerhorn.1347

Hey WAR nice 4 vs 4 man tonight most fun in WvW we’ve had in awhile.

Guild Leader of Valiant Sword
Commander Hammerhorn Da Great
Defender of Anvil Rock 80 Guardian / 80 Thief / 80 Warrior

in WvW

imalog.7689

We’re in the lead? NSP is such a little nibble dude. I mean, clearly I am reading the score wrong and that NSP is in last place and AR are in first.

Night crew this morning.

1) When just login

2) 2 hours later

C-c-c-Combo breaker!

rawrr weekend warriors!!!

im taking a break this week. You’ll see less ALS action im sure :s
i guess that means you can finally train your commanders!

in WvW

Posted by: Roughtimes.7138

Roughtimes.7138

Is NSP such a threat that while BP is sieging tower AR is protecing them? HAHAHAHA

Welcome to NSP. I love you.
OS Public Relations

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Night crew this morning.

1) When just login

2) 2 hours later

C-c-c-Combo breaker!

We were all wondering when the excuses were going to start showing up.

And here you have it, kill imalog and all of ALS will die.

New strat, go.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Nice to see NSP on a rampage, wtf did they all come from ? Anyways, lets see if you can keep it up all week. NSP deserves a win imo, its been awhile, but whatever they are doing is working.

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

A little video from the most irrelevant player of the most irrelevant guild during primetime reset shenanigans. Enjoy!

I’d rather BP not learn from mistakes, but I hope all of AR watches this.

What you can’t see, due to minimap zoom, is AR owning Bay (since reset, this was hours after reset), the southwest tower and the 3 adjacent supply camps. AR had its run of the map up to the point where BP had grown tired of AR BL (they owned it) and NSP had grown tired of EB (they owned it), so I guess it was time for the Reset-3-Way that normally happens on AR BL first thing. NSP had southeast tower and Hills.

In this battle, AR couldn’t see how badly BP was being trashed inside the tower, and should have sent in a thief to scout. Instead, AR got split in half. Half got inside the tower door, as the group was t-boned by BP reinforcements from Garrison and Citadel. AR was mostly dead before NSP zerg showed up, too.

AR and BP auto-targeting softened both sides, while NSP called-targeting (seen in video) cleaned house.

As Kodiak hinted to here, I called for a general stand-down for ALS commanders this week. We aren’t the first AR guild to take a break from WvW this month, and may not be the last.

ALS decided last-minute to go to BP BL instead of AR BL for reset, joining War Lords and Valiant Sword. Hence, BP BL being the scene of the usual AR BL 3-Way festivities.

Then, we took a break for an hour, and went to NSP BL, turning it blue for them to wake up to.

See ya when we see ya.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Jscull.2514

What you can’t see, due to minimap zoom, is AR owning Bay (since reset, this was hours after reset), the southwest tower and the 3 adjacent supply camps. AR had its run of the map up to the point where BP had grown tired of AR BL (they owned it) and NSP had grown tired of EB (they owned it), so I guess it was time for the Reset-3-Way that normally happens on AR BL first thing. NSP had southeast tower and Hills.

In this battle, AR couldn’t see how badly BP was being trashed inside the tower, and should have sent in a thief to scout. Instead, AR got split in half. Half got inside the tower door, as the group was t-boned by BP reinforcements from Garrison and Citadel. AR was mostly dead before NSP zerg showed up, too.

AR and BP auto-targeting softened both sides, while NSP called-targeting (seen in video) cleaned house.

As Kodiak hinted to here, I called for a general stand-down for ALS commanders this week. We aren’t the first AR guild to take a break from WvW this month, and may not be the last.

ALS decided last-minute to go to BP BL instead of AR BL for reset, joining War Lords and Valiant Sword. Hence, BP BL being the scene of the usual AR BL 3-Way festivities.

Then, we took a break for an hour, and went to NSP BL, turning it blue for them to wake up to.

See ya when we see ya.

Keep telling yourself and the forums that was the “NSP” team when it was 2 guilds small mans.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

osif.8673

See ya when we see ya.

It sounds like you expect PUG zergs to be coordinated and smart. Hell, most guild zergs aren’t even coordinated and smart. I also find it funny that you’re gloating about turning NSP BL blue in the middle of the night when the majority of us were already logged off. Congrats of the PvD, I’m sure those doors and NPCs put up a hell of a fight. You just sound very bitter to me that when NSP decides to field the people, you and your zergballs get destroyed.

Edit: Oh, just re-watched to video to see if the AR zerg was actually a PUG. Turns out it was mostly, if not all, ALS. Now I see why you’re bitter. You’re very misleading with your post. Instead of saying you wish AR would watch the video, you should just say your guild should watch the video. Maybe you should make it a mandatory watch before you allow guildies into your zerg.

[PAXA]

(edited by osif.8673)

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Score update plz

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in WvW

Rob.7624

Score update.

So close 1st place

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

osif.8673

Haha, you weren’t gloating. And I’m the queen of England.

I don’t know how to respond to the statement you made that we don’t know we’re part of NSP because that’s just simply false.

You use language that puts ALS losses off on other people. Was that not an ALS group that came into the tower and split themselves?

[PAXA]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

@Borlis Pass, excellent defense on SM. I was poking around for holes, and didn’t find any as of yet. Very nicely done.
@NSP at Ogrewatch. Someone was asking me how to counter the cata line. And just when I said you need to take a group around from behind, there you guys were. Well played!

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Exarthious.5792

Exarthious.5792

When you have real skill, and you’re not running a lot, and you really do have a lot of videos, this is what a good video looks like.

in WvW

osif.8673

When you have real skill, and you’re not running a lot, and you really do have a lot of videos, this is what a good video looks like.

I think this is a better representation for what you’re going for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxBgieeaFqY

[PAXA]

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

I logged in for about an hour late reset night, and decided the culling issues have really made playing this game, unfun. I knew they were wearing on me, just didn’t know how much until last night, when I was extremely tired from work.

I probably won’t play much, if at all until the WvW patch, which unfortunately was pushed back until March. I think that was the killing blow for me.

Good luck, have fun, and if I get bored chasing my kids, and grandchild around now that it is warmer, I’ll log in to kill some folks.

I feel you. It even bugs me in small groups not just zerg on zerg. I love running my thief. But I have no idea how good I actually am. Am I killing people because of culling and how long it takes thieves to render coming out of stealth? I even switched to a S/D build so it isn’t just a burst fest before anyone even sees me. Still I feel like I’m cheating playing a class I like the most.

On the downside there really isn’t much else to play until something else drops.

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

@ jkctmc.8754, Wryscher.1432: Too true. Some of my favorite players to roam with won’t even go into zerg fights due to culling and/or lag.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Both BP and NSP have done a really good job of patrolling this week. Its making my nightly solo roam for yaks, sentries, and camps all but impossible. Every time I go in on something 3-5 of you show up and I am forced to either stealth and run or dive on the yak and die for it. Good job on the vigilant D guys. I mad.

I might have to actually start making friends around here on AR and rolling in a small party. Anyone need a thief that runs either a tanky S/D build or a 104% crit dmg D/D build?

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespin.8642

Vespin.8642

Come on NSP, is this really necessary?

(Trucing bullkitten)

Guys, the person in this post is me. I’ve made no effort to hide the fact that Ive been working with a couple commanders from BP for the last few days. If you ask anyone (Minavera, for example) I made no attempt to hide it. I personally prefer BP over AR and that’s why I was working with them. That and I found a couple truly nice, skilled, and honest commanders to work with. I’m not a spy, though. I’m still NSP. Our primary exchange of information was always on the movements of Anvil Rock as well as coordinated strikes also on Anvil Rock. Many times I did ask our people not to engage BP but that was also because it was in the best interest of NSP. I figured my job as a commander was to score as many points for my team as possible in the best way I knew how. That’s what I did.

in WvW

Wryscher.1432

I know I was just giving you crap. Im pretty sure all the sides do it at one time or another. I just thought it was kinda funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespin.8642

Vespin.8642

I know I was just giving you crap. Im pretty sure all the sides do it at one time or another. I just thought it was kinda funny.

haha I know.

in WvW

imalog.7689

Night crew this morning.

1) When just login

2) 2 hours later

C-c-c-Combo breaker!

We were all wondering when the excuses were going to start showing up.

And here you have it, kill imalog and all of ALS will die.

New strat, go.

notice how you havent been able to take bay? just last second something happens and your trebs just go away?

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

Yeah, it definitely happens at one point or another, although organized truces strike me as shady and will only bring out the unhealthy aspects of rivalries like this. I was in EB when this particular truce was happening and found it a bit unsavory that the CO called everyone to form up for an offensive on BP when NSP was not only in first place, but 100 points/tally higher in their share of the pie as well. I inquired as to why we were going to push into BP. (I was still one of the ones at Pangloss with another CO there. Perhaps she didnt get the memo to let it fall, because we held it for quite a while.) Anyways, my inquiry led to the CO leading the charge to whisper me trying to stifle dissent, stating that they had a truce with NSP to go after BP. It was about this time that NSP had rooted us out from Pangloss (not without a fight), and were marching on umber. I thought I’d let it play out, since I found it irrational that we would join up with the 1st placed and current primetime force team (NSP) to pick on 2nd place (BP), but decided to keep my mouth shut on map chat to avoid making waves. I confirmed with the CO that it was NSP that we were supposedly making this alliance with, as it seemed more likely that bargaining with BP would give us more benefit overall. He confirmed NSP was to be our ally, right about the time that the same NSP finished building their seige to take our Bravost tower. It seemed like we had been betrayed, and while I cant say that I was surprised (it was the logical thing to do.), I can say that I was a bit turned off by a formal alliance when those forming the alliance weren’t the 2 servers that were trailing, or at least trailing in the points/tally.

I decided I’d rather log off than see what happened afterwards, but seeing it on the forum I decided I’d lend my experience to the understanding of what happened, just for the sake of transparency.

It seems as though we are fighting a renewed NSP, and a refined BP. Both servers are very organized in EB and are constantly watching the roads. It puts AR’s EB crew to shame. I hope we can make up our points in the BL’s or at least change the mood of our EB. Recently its been trolling, bickering, and people wanting to attack SM or the grub more than they want to hold towers or supply camps.

Anyways, have fun out there!

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.