Looking forward to the fun!!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

2:15 DR--IOJ--SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Great fun in ioj bl. Ty ioj for fun fights. I give you props as always for running a lot of uplevels. You rolled us pretty well a few times.

TBE, SoCo, RgTg and the rest of the guilds operating in IoJbl you boys and girls rock!
All of our other WvW players, I salute you.

SBI, saw you guys a bit, but I am sure not your main force. I am looking forward to fighting you,

Lion of the Wind

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

This could be a fun and close match-up once the “reset rush” settles down.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

This looks like it’s going to be a fun match for all 3 servers. Some fierce fighting out there tonight. Good luck and have fun on the field, everyone!

Attachments:

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Congratulations on your amazing PvDoor comeback? Let’s not even pretend that the score means anything win or lose.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Yeah, screw the period of time when the populations on the field are the most balanced. Things are more real once offhour coverage comes in to play.

in WvW

Amurond.4590

Isn’t there a night-capping thread where you can complain about people living in different timezones to you?

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Yeah, screw the period of time when the populations on the field are the most balanced. Things are more real once offhour coverage comes in to play.

No worries. Actually its good that Sbi and IoJ do a lot of Oceanic scoring, since its going to keep us in this tier. Personally I would prefer the current set up where we are equally matched by numbers during prime time, and then loose some points during the night to all the alternatives. Now we have new things to retake, fortify, etc:)

Any videos of the SBI BL operations coming up?

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

in WvW

Amurond.4590

No worries. Actually its good that Sbi and IoJ do a lot of Oceanic scoring, since its going to keep us in this tier. Personally I would prefer the current set up where we are equally matched by numbers during prime time, and then loose some points during the night to all the alternatives. Now we have new things to retake, fortify, etc:)

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

SBI doesn’t even seem to have a whole lot of oceanic coverage really these days. That was my point about reset night – unless some people have come back to WvW on our server – I’m pretty sure it was mostly NA guys staying up late. Could be wrong.

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

SBI doesn’t even seem to have a whole lot of oceanic coverage really these days. That was my point about reset night – unless some people have come back to WvW on our server – I’m pretty sure it was mostly NA guys staying up late. Could be wrong.

Nice to hear. I am sure since you are coming down from the upper tiers you might have a bit more coverage in general. We were sort of expecting it. You will find that many on DR don’t really bother with the score that much as long as we have good fights.

Peace

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Isn’t there a night-capping thread where you can complain about people living in different timezones to you?

Is there a thread where some guy doesn’t wait to post a score screenshot until after they get a lead by PvDooring?

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

Yes, it is good that we will stay in this bracket. What bothers me is some guy waiting until the score has flipped due to PvDooring to post a score screenshot which, sadly, is flat out meaningless in this game. DR won the primetime reset night fight.

Good job, DR.

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

For whats is worth we were outmanned in EB until I logged at 2 am eastern. Kiwi pretty much came over and flooded most maps. They have been doing the heavy lifting as of late, out success pretty much depends on them. Last night didnt see much of IoJ, but a whole lotta DR. Maybe tonight we will have a queue since we are in the lead now, we’ll see.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

IoJ is really hurting for WvW population.

in WvW

Amurond.4590

Can’t believe you’re genuinely complaining about “night-capping” when the match-up isn’t even a day old, lol.

If the score doesn’t mean anything why does it seem to bother you so much? Clearly it means something to you.

You could have posted a score update while your server was in the lead if you wanted to.

Either way I’m sure everyone will be courteous next time and wait for defenders to appear before they take an objective.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

No. Clearly, the thing that bothers me are people who think the score does mean something. That should be obvious from my statements.

You could have posted a score update while your server was in the lead if you wanted to.

But, I didn’t. Gee, I wonder why that is…

I’m not complaining about coverage inbalance because it’s something that can’t be fixed. I’m complaining about people who post meaningless score screenshots. I’ll go ahead and pre-congratulate you on your victory this week. But, that doesn’t matter because we are still going to kill you on the field.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: Crowmeat.3750

Crowmeat.3750

Is there a thread where some guy doesn’t wait to post a score screenshot until after they get a lead by PvDooring?

Well there wasn’t one until just now, seems you’re determined to start one.

Wake up Bro this is Tier 5 nothing matters.

Just have fun

in WvW

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

Don’t worry guys, IoJ’s “Oceanic” coverage is just our late night North America crew staying up all night. Every night.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

For whats is worth we were outmanned in EB until I logged at 2 am eastern. Kiwi pretty much came over and flooded most maps. They have been doing the heavy lifting as of late, out success pretty much depends on them. Last night didnt see much of IoJ, but a whole lotta DR. Maybe tonight we will have a queue since we are in the lead now, we’ll see.

Fairly certain there were dozens of other SBI players from other guilds taking part in keeping the BLs/EB under SBI control throughout the night and into late Oceanic time. I know my group of 4 Aussies did our part in taking/upgrading Bay in both DR and IoJ BLs late Oceanic time tonight.

I’d much rather see the SBI community supporting ALL it’s members rather than just giving credit to a few. Thanks.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Don’t worry guys, IoJ’s “Oceanic” coverage is just our late night North America crew staying up all night. Every night.

Do you guys ever go to sleep?:)
We had some nice fights at ioj yesterday. I hope we entertained you guys.

cheers

in WvW

Bannok.3152

While this is true it would be wrong for Kiwi not to get the credit they deserve. Obviously no one guild is doing everything, just right now Kiwi, SBI, KT are some of our larger guilds having a big impact. I can sit here and name 30 guilds with 10 players or less contributing, not including the militia.

in WvW

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

Everyone working together is what makes it, but props are owed to Kiwi because they do great work. Nobody is going to notice little guilds like mine where maybe 5 of us do WvW, but that’s okay because we know we’re here.

I enjoyed the civility and mutual respect we had in the YB/CD matchup threads, hoping we can bring in some of that.

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

If I remember correctly, this is the first time SBI has the lead in points after reset night since…

…we fought IoJ and BG in tier 2, right after the TA disbanded and JQ pushed us down for a week. It’s been a long time.

So – DR and IoJ – don’t worry. We are like you – a few here and there, fighting for the fun more than the ranks. We might get a bit ahead right now because of the excitement, but we’re not really “zergy”, point-focused people. Those left already.

You will definitely get a chance for revenge.

in WvW

Ronin.4501

While this is true it would be wrong for Kiwi not to get the credit they deserve. Obviously no one guild is doing everything, just right now Kiwi, SBI, KT are some of our larger guilds having a big impact. I can sit here and name 30 guilds with 10 players or less contributing, not including the militia.

I appreciate the second response Bannok. I wasn’t trying to deny Kiwi their due. I just feel that SBI’s success will come only when all our WvW guilds (and players), both big and small, are putting forth a complete effort, and not hinge on any one guild’s effort(s) alone, which is more what I took from your original post rather than just offering Kiwi a hearty kudos.

So instead maybe I should have said this: Great job by ALL who made an effort over the last 24hrs (OK so maybe it hasn’t quite been 24hrs since reset) to put ourselves in a strong starting position for the first time in quite a while!

(edited by Ronin.4501)

in WvW

Posted by: Yohimbe.1876

Yohimbe.1876

Wow, I so didn’t intend for this kittenstorm about posting the score to start. My apologies to everyone who was offended.

Chay Darkhaven – SBI
Leader of The Ethereal Guard
Huzzah!

in WvW

Oozo.7856

This isn’t a kittenstorm. This is a polite conversation. You should visit the Maguuma threads. ;P

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Do you guys ever go to sleep?:)
We had some nice fights at ioj yesterday. I hope we entertained you guys.

cheers

I’m sorry, sleep? What is that? It’s WvW man!

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I just feel that SBI’s success will come only when all our WvW guilds (and players), both big and small, are putting forth a complete effort, and not hinge on any one guild’s effort(s) alone.

If there’s anything we’ve learned over the past 6-8 weeks it’s that we’re all we’ve got. SBI isn’t defined by one guild or one alliance, we’re the stubborn, defiant people who didn’t jump off a sinking ship. We never take the easy way out, we’ve had the outmanned buff for nearly two months (and we still do in primetime) but we go out there and fight every night anyway.

The Kiwi guys have a large presence overnight, probably the single largest guild presence on SBI at any given time. They’re active on the SBI forums and I’ve even seen them take the blame when things don’t go our way. Their commanders are usually leading the battles at night in EB so they deserve some credit (as all commanders do). That’s not to say small groups like yours and ours haven’t contributed, we’d be dead in the water without all the small guilds fighting way above their weight every night.

Bannok and I are in a small guild too so we understand the value of 4 people going out and getting something accomplished and realize we’d be hurting as a server if those 4 man groups ever went away. I was online until about 4am last night and saw lots of different guildtags and solo players all pulling their weight. People were paying for upgrades and donating blueprints and, more than anything, sticking with the plan. Commanders can’t ask for anything more than that, SBI can’t ask for anything more either. It was really nice to see our efforts pay off again after all this time, even if it’s only for one night.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

SBI has had a couple of rough months with a loss of a lot of WvW players looking to find their final home before the end of free transfers.

We have a strong, friendly and respectful community and have shown well at times even vs overwhelming numbers. We have been proud of our small victories as underdogs.

Believe me the score is not ALL important to those who stayed. If it had been they likely would not have stayed.

We had specific detailed and practiced strategies going into this reset. Some worked , some didn’t. And verse obviously skilled and practiced PvPers like we saw in DR and IoJ we of course felt some well deserved and long awaited pride in our successes.

Congratulations to DR and IoJ for their excellent play as well, we have nothing but respect for both. And know this match up could go to anyone one of the three. We look forward to many more days and weeks of fun fights with you guys!

Good Luck!

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Oozo.7856

All three of the servers in this matchup have lost players to massive bandwagon transfers.

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Oh. My. God. That 30 minute 3 way Stonemist siege today was CRAZY. As one of the commanders in the thick of that battle, I would like to say that you two other servers are awesome! Loving the matchup!

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

I miss KoR – AD – BSTY – NoQQ.

Tier 4 is an ugly place and this is why we can’t have nice things. Just check out our match thread lol.

A core bunch of [Guam] just moved to SBI before the free transfers ended and that’s looking very tempting if I get to fight DR and IOJ again. I just can’t bring myself to leave EBay though :|

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

Nice night everyone. Our 5 men/women group just roamed a bit in different bls flipping camps, killing yaks and such . So we saw some cool action going on from everyone.

Sbi had a few really nice groups that could lay a hurt on, especially later on.
IoJ, I think you guys are back from the grave.
I am happy to see you in force again, just remember not to laugh on 1 person a group of 7 downed. Bad luck.

DDLG, Rega, ADQQSTY, was nice seeing you guys hit sbi. Not sure how it ended, but was nice seeing coordination on the server.

Cheers

Lion of the Wind
RgTg/SoCo

in WvW

Bannok.3152

Good fights tonight. DR’s response time after wiping us or being wiped is really good, you guys move pretty fast. IoJ, stop trying to take Jerrifer’s. Thats like our most favorite place on Green side. Better fights weve had in a while, see what happens this week.

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Having a lot of fun in Eternal tonight, holding overlook against hordes of SBI!
May i just ask what was SBIs plan when they were through the outer door? You guys just stayed there taking constant siege aoe, dying, giving us so much karma, badges and money! Im not complaining, just want to know if there was a strategy behind that or not, was a good laugh for us, thats for sure.

Mr(s) Starkk

in WvW

Posted by: Allilliawen.7104

Allilliawen.7104

May i just ask what was SBIs plan when they were through the outer door? You guys just stayed there taking constant siege aoe, dying, giving us so much karma, badges and money! Im not complaining, just want to know if there was a strategy behind that or not, was a good laugh for us, thats for sure.

I wasn’t on at that time so i can’t describe why SBI was taking that approach. Sometimes when we lose our commander on a map (lagged-out or had to log-off) an attack might flounder.

I do know it’s the first time in months any one has used the adjective ‘hordes’ to describe our numbers though.

Storm Bluff Isle (ED)

in WvW

Ronin.4501

We would tell you, but then we’d have to kill you! Tactical secrets my man, tactical secrets!! But you’ll find those of us on SBI rarely if ever shy away from a good fight, even if a few of us have to play to role of cannonfodder to take the objective.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Yea, SBI doesn’t have numbers…LOL

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Yea, SBI doesn’t have numbers…LOL

Well, we had the lead in potential points again last night during NA primetime, so the populations can’t be too far off there. Where they have the advantage is in coverage.

Of course, a coverage advantage will turn into a population advantage as the week goes on since people who are easily demotivated will drop out of the fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I do know it’s the first time in months any one has used the adjective ‘hordes’ to describe our numbers though.

The difference in coverage and population is staggering between Tier 4 and Tier 5. Ehmry Bay won with 323,000 points last week, and are now last in Tier 4. This is why Tier 5 will continue to be horribly boring.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: SecondChild.1298

SecondChild.1298

I am from KiWi. We are a mere community guild. We do not have officers. So this is not official response from KiWi. First of all, thank you for your appreciation Bannok. Ever since the exodus of WvWers from SBI. KiWi tried our best to contribute SBI community. Personally I really appreciate those from “small sized guild” especially since KiWi only had a few active WvWers couple of month ago. We even had hard time to take empty supply camps without knowing there is a special 5 min “buff” on supervisors. Haha. We have learnt many things and still learning new things from experienced SBIers like all of you. Anyway, I am glad it looked like we got into a tier with good matching up. Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: Awlbiste.1803

Awlbiste.1803

The difference in coverage and population is staggering between Tier 4 and Tier 5.

This. While SBI may look like we have large numbers to tier 5 (although it seems to me we are pretty matched with DR for numbers) in tiers 1-4 we were vastly outnumbered since the end of free transfers.

Last night (between 6pm and 1am eastern, when I was playing) we had some amazing fights on the SBI and DR BLs. Props to DR for some nailbiters and really pushing us hard to give it all we’ve got.

Awlbie – All Out Assault [AoA] Division Second – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Awlbiste.1803)

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

OM NOM NOM NOM KT Commander!

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

I will be back soon. I am happy that we are doing good.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Too Frisky.9165

Too Frisky.9165

Having a blast in this matchup. Tier 5 is arguably the best place to be for WvW.

80 Thief [Munchies Reborn]
80 Necromancer [Munchies Survives]

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

The difference in coverage and population is staggering between Tier 4 and Tier 5.

This. While SBI may look like we have large numbers to tier 5 (although it seems to me we are pretty matched with DR for numbers) in tiers 1-4 we were vastly outnumbered since the end of free transfers.

Last night (between 6pm and 1am eastern, when I was playing) we had some amazing fights on the SBI and DR BLs. Props to DR for some nailbiters and really pushing us hard to give it all we’ve got.

DR is nowhere near equal to SBI in terms of numbers. Comparing server population during Friday / Saturday night is kinda foolish.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Too Frisky.9165

DR is nowhere near equal to SBI in terms of numbers. Comparing server population during Friday / Saturday night is kinda foolish.

I’m assuming you are a DR player.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Having a blast in this matchup. Tier 5 is arguably the best place to be for WvW.

T6 seems to have more balance. IoJ and DR might be evenly matched (hard to tell in a 3 way match). The third server in this bracket has had either a population advantage, coverage advantage, or both.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

The evening fights seem to be fairly even in numbers, although I wish SBI would fight outside of the walls a bit more. But, I understand why they don’t since they are playing the score.

It reminds me of how much I liked fighting EB. They fought outside the walls even with a huge score advantage.

in WvW

Too Frisky.9165

T6 seems to have more balance. IoJ and DR might be evenly matched (hard to tell in a 3 way match). The third server in this bracket has had either a population advantage, coverage advantage, or both.

Population really only affects IoJ and DR outnumbers SBI to be perfectly frank. Coverage advantage? How is that unfair when the point of the game is to maintain coverage?