2:15 DR--IOJ--SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Fun times last night (NA night) on SBI BL!

DR attacking us in the north. IoJ attacking Hills, then DR, then IoJ.

Thanks everyone for a great time, just wish I could’ve stayed longer.

in WvW

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

So upon the first day of my returning, we get a golem rush going and take Lowlands while SBI is occupied with IoJ in Stonemist. Look at all of the people who needed the vista in Lowlands! I just had to grab a pic.

And earlier today, another golem rush gets us SM and the entire north section of EB! I’m having loads of fun back in my home-server, even if we are a bit behind in points. Keep it up SBI and IoJ, I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield in the coming week!

Attachments:

The Art of Roaming [gank]

(edited by Elementalist Owner.7802)

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Lol @ the IoJ guys (particularly the ranger commander) who spent 5 mins corpse jumping me with a majority of their mini-zerg after taking their Bay back on IoJ borderland instead of destroying our siege.

It took SBI, aka the good guys, a little under 10 minutes to take back what was rightfully ours because you were too busy trollin’.

Ah well, we got the last laugh, enjoy!

Attachments:

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

So upon the first day of my returning, we get a golem rush going and take Lowlands while SBI is occupied with IoJ in Stonemist. Look at all of the people who needed the vista in Lowlands! I just had to grab a pic.

And earlier today, another golem rush gets us SM and the entire north section of EB! I’m having loads of fun back in my home-server, even if we are a bit behind in points. Keep it up SBI and IoJ, I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield in the coming week!

Golem rushes ftw.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Lol @ the IoJ guys (particularly the ranger commander) who spent 5 mins corpse jumping me with a majority of their mini-zerg after taking their Bay back on IoJ borderland instead of destroying our siege.

May or may not have been me >.>
We didnt have near enough man power to hold off your attack so we tactically retreated, didnt get defeated >.>

After you disappeared off of our borderlands we went for eternal and god wasnt that some fun!
Recapping our little corner to start off with, started trebbing Stonemist, then golem rushed the inner gate. Then tried to golem rush lowlands, we had the inner door down to 5% before you killed our last golem :<
Tried to keep pushing for lowlands but our morale just got lower and lower until SBI finally woke up and pushed us out. Was a great final push for IoJ, really wish we could have taken your keep though, would have been a nice little bonus

Thank you StormBluff Isles and Devona’s Rest for another great week of WvW, next week will surely be a lot more interesting, best of luck to everyone on reset

Mr(s) Starkk

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

As far a population, I really don’t think SBI has a huge advantage there. I NEVER see queues for BL or EB maps anymore since the max Exodus before free transfers stopped.

I have seen times when we have been massively out-manned by DR and IoJ separately and more recently when their forces were combined we lost almost everything we had as we tried to defend SBI BL and EB with maybe 20 players total vs what had to be 100+ on all maps. Good show on that BTW DR & IoJ. We love the competition.

Balanced coverages are spotty and inconstant however. There are times like yesterday that we found very few defenders in DR BL and we and IoJ took virtually the whole map. That makes me sad because it is not fun to PvDoor. But when you attack an objective and find it undefended what do you do? Leave it alone? DR did show on map soon after and reclaimed the map. GG for that.

I wish there was a way to ensure the number of forces on map are balanced but I don’t know how that would be done. The most fun I have had in this tier is when all three servers have good population and the outcome is uncertain and determined on skill and tactics not being overwhelmed by numbers. We HAVE had a lot of those too this week!

As far as fighting in the field…I think you may just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course we defend a Keep or Tower from attackers from inside …that is just good tactics…..but we have commanders that do nothing but take the fight to the enemy in the field and we practice tactics and strategy to do just that. We do much more in the field fighting then in the keep/tower fighting. In fact it is hard to get people to stay in them as scouts and defenders because the most fun is to be had in the toe to toe fights in the field.

SBI may be winning in score but please don’t let that discourage. We play for fun and have not won in points for some time but we have won our battles and keep pushing right up to reset even when there is no possible chance to catch up in score.

DR and IoJ have given us some great fights and dominated us many times this week and the score means nada! Thanks guys for the fun. Hope to see you again next week!

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Krash.9486)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Good times last night in EB. It was nice seeing DR so ferociously defending their points against us! We almost had Bravost! Looking forward to more tonight.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I was in IoJ borderlands for a bit last night on my low level guardian then switched to ranger at the end. I don’t know who it was, but I had a bunch of people chasing me (and killing me a couple times) at the bottom of the map.

So if you saw a ranger running for their life, that was me. Was fun times though :P

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Crowmeat.3750

Crowmeat.3750

I was in IoJ borderlands for a bit last night on my low level guardian then switched to ranger at the end. I don’t know who it was, but I had a bunch of people chasing me (and killing me a couple times) at the bottom of the map.

So if you saw a ranger running for their life, that was me. Was fun times though :P

It was UDL and DC running 15-20 strong. We started out on DR Border first and capped their southern half of the map, then we jumped over to IOJ Border to see if you guys would respond to the incursion.

You did.

We got a couple nice fights at at NE Tower, one where ya’’ll stopped us dead from taking it, and later in the evening, where we took it and trapped half your force inside for a nice little skirmish.

Also the E Keep (Hills) was a good defensive fight for us and you guys pushed hard and made it fun.

However next time remember to kill the Siege Equipment around the Lords room before dropping into the pit. We came back from liberating W Keep (Bay) to find you in our Lords room with our arrow carts still up and functional, never neglect those little details

Good week, great job to all servers,

See ya next week