2/22 Fort Jaspenwood, Dragonbrand, Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Straegen.2938

Some servers simply do not have a large population of WvW players during specific time frames. I am sure FA complains about being outnumbered for various parts of the day as well. It is completely understandable as few if any like to be run over time and time again by sheer numbers. I suggest treating the posts as venting frustration rather than whining.

Sure are plenty of them out there when we’re winning.

Some of us play wvwvw at hours different than your own =(

I’ve never seen the salad updater in person =(

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

lol at the FA guild, DPS (Deep Penetrations) trying to take Hills in Yaks BL.

~15 v 3

LOL

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I think people’s definition of what a “zerg” is changes from post to post and conversation to conversation. From what I understand of what a “zerg” is:

1. Any group of players that has more people than you.
2. Any group of players that has more numbers and kills you.
3. A large amount of players.
4. A large amount of players moving around together.
5. A large amount of players that has more people than you and moving together.
6. An unorganized group of a large amount of players that has more players than you.
7. A title to indicate a save-face term that helps you feel better when you die to a large number of players that outnumber you and have more people than you that move around in either a coordinated or uncoordinated fashion which always implies your death was to a bunch of zerging unskilled people.
8. A bunch of people on your screen because you can’t count.

Basically, that is what a zerg is, from what I have read over the years of gaming. It always changes from person to person.

A zerg can zerg a zerg and move better than another zerg while being zerged by a zerg and defeat a zerg in a coordinated better zerg. And if you get zerged its because a zerg is bad and you are better because a zerg is always bad but because you die its not your faults its because of a zerg.

So you can feel better dying to zergs because you are better because you are not in a zerg when you get zerged. Unless it is a coordinated zerg that meant to zerg.

Make sense?

Dang, and I thought a zerg referred to anthropodal aliens.

Straegen.2938

Some servers simply do not have a large population of WvW players during specific time frames. I am sure FA complains about being outnumbered for various parts of the day as well. It is completely understandable as few if any like to be run over time and time again by sheer numbers. I suggest treating the posts as venting frustration rather than whining.

Sure are plenty of them out there when we’re winning.

Some of us play wvwvw at hours different than your own =(

I’ve never seen the salad updater in person =(

I’ve seen Eva’s Norn in person, even had a score update screenshot with her – it was fun times.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

A moment of silence to commemorate the original and only real zerg

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Cranberry Snapple.3175

Cranberry Snapple.3175

lol
Must be a boring matchup already when zergs will move off the road to chase down a solo player for 5 minutes just so they can vaporize him in less than a second once they get close enough to chain-spam immobilize. XD

To the random OTG that ran over to try and help, Wuv you! Though I can imagine you must have been a victim of culling and thought there was only a small group chasing me with the way you charged into the middle of them, lol

To the DB zerg circling the map, errmerrgerrd u r teh tenacious!

Edit: OMG are you guys just looking for solo roamers at camps or what? Go take a keep or something zerglings! lol

Oh no! I was one of them I’m sorry but I was bored too! Got tired to getting wiped by FA so I was zerging with you know… which in our case was more like a handful of randoms… I’m sorry I’m new to this and didn’t know the proper code of conduct. Next time I see little Yaks I’ll to try to take Stone Mist instead. Oh… I think we already tried that all day

But anyhow, this weekend was the first time I really got into WvW, I was frustrating a lot of times, but I must say I had great fun holding the camp against FA! And then I followed [AoN] for a bit, it was the most glorious thing I’ve ever seen in WvW.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

Ok so let’s drop the word “zerg” from this vocabulary and insert “kindle” or “intrigue” (there’s a clue here as to what I am referring to. It’s an obscure use of the word but appropriate). I think “kindle” would be a better word but whatever. Once you figure it out, we can vote on it. For those of you that need to, use google, I guess. Just remember the use and content ie: I was rolled by a kindle from FA today.

Y’all have fun with the “word of the day”.

in WvW

Posted by: Saradon WarChild.2034

Saradon WarChild.2034

What I really don’t understand is Dragonband’s NNK guild. I mean, DB is a solid tier 3 server and as such there’s likely never going to be much coverage from any of the other servers in NNK’s time zone. Doesn’t it get boring having nobody at all to fight? Is there something about PVD I’m missing? I guess I’d get it if it made a difference, but score wise it really doesn’t. What’s the deal?

My Hammer Your Face 80 Warrior
[VK] Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This week is an essentially a mirror of the last month against DB and MAG, the only difference is that Yaks has a smaller population than MAG.

Without MAG being in this tier, I think its a lot tougher for DB to hold off FA and keep us from getting points.

I captured video of some weekend action, so hopefully i can get that posted on youtube within the week.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

What I really don’t understand is Dragonband’s NNK guild. I mean, DB is a solid tier 3 server and as such there’s likely never going to be much coverage from any of the other servers in NNK’s time zone. Doesn’t it get boring having nobody at all to fight? Is there something about PVD I’m missing? I guess I’d get it if it made a difference, but score wise it really doesn’t. What’s the deal?

You still have points,
If it was PvDoor and we had “nobody at all to fight” we would be +695,

It’s not like we just took 60% of the map and then said “Nah, we’ll stop here for today”.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

Thanks for the fights tonight everyone, lots of fun had by all.

Same here Nim. (15 man [GODS] group rolling around North YB 2/24/13 evening)

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

But anyhow, this weekend was the first time I really got into WvW, I was frustrating a lot of times, but I must say I had great fun holding the camp against FA! And then I followed [AoN] for a bit, it was the most glorious thing I’ve ever seen in WvW.

I share your sentiments. I started to really get into WvW a little over a week ago or so. Been loggin in every night now. It’s such a blast. It’s a pure eye opener when you run with a great guild too. [AoN] is very respectable. Every time I see a group of 5 or so of them running around, I know to avoid if I’m solo haha. I try to stick close to [RET] or [BT] on my server. They always know where the fun is

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

(edited by Delvoire.8930)

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Looks like we may be in tier 2 next week. Not sure I’m looking forward to that. Two powerhouse servers (BG and Kain) vs us. I know its still early to determine but we have a decent amount of points ahead of TC now…

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Looks like we may be in tier 2 next week. Not sure I’m looking forward to that. Two powerhouse servers (BG and Kain) vs us. I know its still early to determine but we have a decent amount of points ahead of TC now…

I am. We’ll get facerolled, but it will give us something to do instead of demolishing people borderlands during EST. We see DB and YB(Mag also) playing some good defense during that time, but they aren’t giving any good offensive opposition during those times.

Of course that means TC moves down for a week and facerolls DB and Mag, likely beating them so bad that we move down again…

This is WvW…and as it stands right now, there aren’t too many close matches.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

True. There is that way of looking at it. It will also be interesting to see what happens to SoS with the amount of guilds transferring off that server recently.

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

BG just got a new load of Guilds from SoS for all sorts of timezone coverage, be prepared, guys. New super server initiative to take on JQ has begun, we’ll all be caught in the crossfire.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

According to some other threads BG is receiving some substantial WvW guild transfers from SoS. Depending on how big an impact that has on SoS, BG may not be in tier 2 for very long.

Tier 2 in a week or so could be a demoralised SoS v Kain v FA. Tier 3 next week should be TC v DB v Mag. Both these match-ups would be very interesting to watch as I think some of the servers have not faced each other since they have had big transfers. An FA v TC rematch may happen if SoS is really hurting & drops to tier 3, though my guess is that that’s unlikely.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Interesting weeks up ahead for sure. Get ready to bend over fellow FA’ers (I kid, I kid).

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

This is WvW…and as it stands right now, there aren’t too many close matches.

I think matches are close enough. Sure if you care about the points and winning the match, its not that close, but there is no T1-T3 complete blowouts, with people camping spawns for something to do, logging on and owning nothing and going days without owning main keeps.

I can go out each night and have a lot of fun fighting people. Compared to how things were in the past, there is plenty of balance now.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

Most of us have been on both sides of a “zerg”. Playing out manned gets particularly frustrating when players get wiped back-to-back-to-back. People just stop playing because it isn’t fun thus perpetuating the cycle.

In my opinion folks need to stop worrying about dying back to back and instead focus on what they can do differently the next fight. Do it often enough and you will stop dying back to back, regardless of being out manned.

Significant numbers win in WvW more than anything else in the current meta. Give a server a zerg ball full of up arrows and 9 out of 10 times that significantly larger force will simply roll over a vastly more skilled smaller group. Sure smaller groups can turn a fight but it is (in my experience) uncommon and even when it happens the zerg forms up again. If you doubt that, log in during DB peak and see how far you get. If you have been on FA/IoJ for any length of time, remember back when CD ran all over those servers in this tier. During a competing servers peak, skill is most often not enough.

I didn’t say anything about winning the ppt battle of WvW, my comments were directly about dying back to back to back to a larger force and folks getting frustrated by it. If every time you die you stopped to have a quick chat/think about what could have went differently, what skills/abilities would have made a difference and discuss who can play those, then you will get better and you will not die back to back.

I do not run with large groups, but what I see around me is a lot of people using the size of the force as an excuse to not bother to learn from the experience, which I think is unfortunate.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

I do not run with large groups, but what I see around me is a lot of people using the size of the force as an excuse to not bother to learn from the experience, which I think is unfortunate.

I agree with you.
While facing FA, I have left WvW on more occasions than I can count because all our zergs were doing were charging into an FA keep and getting farmed by BT.
Over
And over
And over
And over again.

No change in tactics, no new approach,
Just charge back in and hand over more badges.

Ammendment: I don’t command often anymore, but when I do I generally do not let a plan of mine fail more than twice before I either find a new target or adjust my approach.

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

I agree with you.
While facing FA, I have left WvW on more occasions than I can count because all our zergs were doing were charging into an FA keep and getting farmed by BT.
Over
And over
And over
And over again.

No change in tactics, no new approach,
Just charge back in and hand over more badges.

Ammendment: I don’t command often anymore, but when I do I generally do not let a plan of mine fail more than twice before I either find a new target or adjust my approach.

maybe you should roll with krew more.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Hadan.2841

THIS!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Evalana.5480

IRSyKo.5843

FA is the same way I assure you.

We need more hardcore WVW guilds who play every single night

Love you

I won’t lie – I lol’d when you jumped on my corpse <3

Magiofdeath.2745

I’ve seen Eva’s Norn in person, even had a score update screenshot with her – it was fun times.

<3

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Hadan.2841

THIS!

But I have such fond memories of the good ol’ days when they were on the opposing server >:

(I’m just kiddin’, I like krew)

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Niim.9260

Virtually no amount of skill can have a player consistently winning (and by winning I mean killing) against a significant number disadvantage unless they are some kind of super phenom player that I have never seen or heard of aside from forum warrior posts.

You have had a sheltered WvW existence then.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Ellie.9150

Ellie.9150

I just want to say, HOLY COW YB... I didn’t want to pick on you, but with how built up Ogre Watch was, I had to bring balance to the force between Dungeon runs. I think my count was 1 treb, 2 canons, 4 ballistas, 4 arrow carts, 2 mortars, and a catapult destroyed, just at OW. Plus 8 yaks or so.

Good lord you guys love your siege. I hope that rubs off on us FA’ers. Brother can’t get an arrow cart built for the life of me.

Tired of OP [ET] Thief

Sending regards on behalf of my Guildleader/EBG Commander. The guy loves his siege so much that we were talking in Team chat about preventing him from placing more (granted we really need the siege, being perpetually Outmanned and all). We actually hit the cap on the number of siege equipment that could be placed in a single area ^^;

Coo! No, quaggan means, “WoooOOOOooooh!”

Edyith | Yak’s Bend | [FoW]

in WvW

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Virtually no amount of skill can have a player consistently winning (and by winning I mean killing) against a significant number disadvantage unless they are some kind of super phenom player that I have never seen or heard of aside from forum warrior posts.

Forum warrior. lol

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in WvW

Posted by: shanmugong.6750

shanmugong.6750

It’s Raining KöMÉ
The next installment in the Booty Babes video from [KöMÉ]. This sums up some of our guild activities for the month of Feb 2013, including the V Day special, and also pays tribute to our WvW opponents. Featuring, Asha Angelika, Estaily, Miaw Miaw, Sonja Rhain & Sassy Na Na. Guest appearance by Teknight.

Shanmugong Asuran Engineer.
Crystal Desert. [KoME]
Once an Engineer, Always an Engineer

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Boring forum is boring. I miss Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Most of us have been on both sides of a “zerg”. Playing out manned gets particularly frustrating when players get wiped back-to-back-to-back. People just stop playing because it isn’t fun thus perpetuating the cycle.

In my opinion folks need to stop worrying about dying back to back and instead focus on what they can do differently the next fight. Do it often enough and you will stop dying back to back, regardless of being out manned.

Yes, you will just hide in your uncap and wait for more people to log on.

Skill does matter. But when you face a wall of red there isn’t much skill involved that will allow you to outplay that.

Everyone always comes with these L2P solutions. Being outmanned 3-4 to 1 isn’t an L2P issue. It’s a go find something else to do until more people log in and this actually becomes a game issue.

Especially with the amount of fire and forget ground targeted attacks in this game. Zergs are ridiculously lethal even if they aren’t targeting you. If you just happen to be that poor 5 man group roaming looking for some action. That 20-30 man zerg is going to steamroll right over you without even taking the time to target you.

Edit: Unless you’re a mesmer or thief. Then none of what I said applies to you. You can just roam around the map with impunity because the stealth in this game is the worst implementation I’ve ever seen in 13 years playing MMOs.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

(edited by Wreckdum.8367)

in WvW

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

Yet another fun night in YB. 54 badges in 3 hours.

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Xvmon.7492

Xvmon.7492

yeah agreed. yb is boring,i prefer mag,at least i can learn more from mag. Well,i guess db’s nnk hobby is painting 95% map blue when there aren’t much resistance. sigh, if only we got full coverage, we wont be wasting gold everyday. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiinggggggggg. Somebody attack our borderland. Reading Psalms is more exciting than this match-up. I can’t even break my warrior in cause everybody is running away from everybody else. Fighting the ghosts of 8am EST is o.op. Get an NA crew. It’s an NA server partition. I can get 50 badges in 30 minutes in the jp. I want to fight a war. The only war I’m fighting is the que to get into eb and maybe actually get to do something fun. Just give up on every borderland except one and lets fight a war of even numbers. Come fight on ours. Yaks on one side DB on the other.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Boring forum is boring. I miss Maguuma.

Are you going to RP with us if TC gets into T3?

[SU]

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

It was rather interesting tonight on YB’s BL. YB had Victor’s Lodge all sieged up. My guildies and I saw 2 trebs, a golem, I think ballista or catapaults and a crapton of flame rams. It was like fighting Maguuuma with the amount of flame rams present. I guess they really didn’t want to lose that camp. YB has some decent zerg groups as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Some of you guys may miss Mag, but they don’t miss you. As they pretty much purposely tanked to have it easy for a week, else we wouldn’t even be here.

in WvW

Posted by: wolf.1895

wolf.1895

Had a good time Commanding on DB BL tonight. Had some close calls with our keeps and some interesting fights with BT and PD!

Synco // Retired Guild leader of TERROR [TG] #1 GvG Guild NA Post-HoT
Maguuma Server Dictator

in WvW

Posted by: Fatali.4819

Fatali.4819

Had a frustrating night. Between the FA thief abusing C&D on our EB keep to keep it contested all night, the eles clearing Mendon’s siege by jumping to glitchy spots on the wall, and FA players spamming /laugh and jumping on corpses in a most unsportsmanlike way, I can safely say this is the least fun WvW match I’ve encountered (and I was on henge for a while). I’ll see the rest of ’ya Yaks on the next reset night.

in WvW

Evalana.5480

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Are you going to RP with us if TC gets into T3?

HAHA suuuure!!! Never RP’d before =P It looks awkward.

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Er, yeah… I just woke up and, this… Score update or something. ::sigh::

Attachments:

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

I should log on before heading to work and check if FA has blue keep and langor gulch tower so I can grab those POIs, lol…I’ve checked EB when I get on WvW but DB EB keep hasn’t been ours at night and we don’t seem to go for it till way later. I hate map completion in WvW but its just bothering me not to have it done.

Lol, your Norn looks drunk in that screenshot kinda.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Why would you say that?

I have played almost universally on servers that have a low population during my normal playing time (NS, CD, DB). Sheltered… no. Do I know what it means to get run over by zergs and large packs? Yep and so do most players which is why they generally don’t like to play during low pop vs high pop hours.

He is telling you this because he is part of one of the best WvW guilds in the world that consistently wins (or at least avoids a wipe) against a significant number disadvantage. If they released more videos, people might put them above red guard.

I put together an unedited video of RET mostly fighting AoN where RET and FA take ogrewatch thanks to on point calls by Brother Alaric, but does not wipe AoN.

You can say it’s futile all you want; meanwhile AoN is going to do what you aren’t interested in figuring out. You can tell from the excitement in our voices that contesting AoN was a big deal.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Great fights against Yak’s and BD this week. Been a nice change of pace. Great opponents and good sportsmanship all around.

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

It’s okay, Eva, it’s better now.
You should practice sleeping in a little

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

You still have points,

It’s not like we just took 60% of the map and then said “Nah, we’ll stop here for today”.

:)

[VK] Commander

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

You still have points,

What?
Yak’s still has towers and a keep in that score update.
Just because FA can’t muster enough people to have anything more than a camp doesn’t mean all we’re doing is fighting doors.

If you check the score now, you’ll also notice we spent less than an hour above +600, so unless your point is that NNK is only online for 40 minutes a day, I really don’t understand what you’re proving.

(And we’ll completely ignore how +600 is not +695)

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

You still have points,

What?
Just because FA can’t muster enough people to have anything more than a camp doesn’t mean all we’re doing is fighting doors.

If you check the score now, you’ll also notice we spent less than an hour above +600, so unless your point is that NNK is only online for 40 minutes a day, I really don’t understand what you’re proving.

I’m not knocking you guys. It’s possible you like PVD and that’s fine. You bought the game the same as me and you’re entitled to do whatever you like.

Personally I just don’t understand it. FA desperately wants out of this tier because fighting DB and Yak or Mag feels a lot like PVD to us too.

[VK] Commander

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

You can say it’s futile all you want; meanwhile AoN is going to do what you aren’t interested in figuring out. You can tell from the excitement in our voices that contesting AoN was a big deal.

I play primarly in a very small guild in NA prime on servers that have a weak NA prime time slot. I also maintain a 12/1 K/D ratio which is respectable even if it isn’t particularly remarkable. So I am decent or better, I play in some of the tougher time slots and I am in the majority that believes significant numbers own pretty much anything.

I have been run over by RET’s large roaming packs somewhat frequently and I have fought AoN. Once a server like FA hits prime time and the opposing server cannot even field 6 players in EB, there is VERY little a small squad can do. They might take an objective or even repulse a superior force but that just brings a bigger zerg than the one that came before it.

RET was so bored last night they built siege in front of DB’s EB jump point at 9:30pm EST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u-xJyfkWqbQ

I was leading that squad for a long time yesterday. We’ll be doing it again tonight. See you there!

[VK] Commander

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

You still have points,

What?

I’m not knocking you guys. It’s possible you like PVD and that’s fine. You bought the game the same as me and you’re entitled to do whatever you like.

Personally I just don’t understand it. FA desperately wants out of this tier because fighting DB and Yak or Mag feels a lot like PVD to us too.

I wouldn’t mind you guys out of the tier either,
TC is less condescending.

No offense,
I think you think you’re being respectful, but it shows that you believe our efforts are inferior to yours

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Niim.9260

I put together an unedited video of RET mostly fighting AoN where RET and FA take ogrewatch thanks to on point calls by Brother Alaric, but does not wipe AoN.

Thanks for posting that. It was very interesting, and informative, to see the fight from your perspective. We got pretty close to having enough momentum to wipe you, but just couldn’t nail it with the ballista’s and Yak’s hitting us from the left.

Great fights though, lot of fun.

~ AoN ~