2 Things that need Hotfix - URGENT

in WvW

Posted by: Godspeed.7256

Godspeed.7256

WvW is unbalanced in nature, that doesnt mean it needs to be broken.

1st Keep Lord – Banner/Signet Ressing.
This one thing that has been itching in my throat for ages. Almost all classes have an easy target and insta res ability. Warriors can do it while being Invulnerable to any kind of dmg (Balanced Stance/ Berserk Stance/ Endure Pain) and you have a free Resurrection on the boss.
This fun and all, but after seeing the lord getting ressed 30 times strait in the enemy keep it kinda defeats the purpose of the game.
Now, couple this with a broken waypoint that allows people in after a period of the defense time is over. And also stupidly large caping circles makes this task a big nuisance and feel like a zone can cheat their way out of a good organised keep ninja or strike force.

Second is the cow supplies draining.
It has been stated on a thread in this forums but the rate of the poison tick is too strong, completely OP at the moment. The supplies flux has been affected greatly because of this. In overall with this, the seiging process takes 2-3 times more. Even if you do it by the book.
But the worst is that it greatly encourage the ZERG mentality. Gather everyone in the map and lets rush this gate….

Third is the Treb splash damage going through gates and walls.
This renders rams on certain gates useless. If you follow the same train of thought of the catas not doing dmg behind structures, then Trebs shouldn’t be able to do it as well.
Not to mention that some walls are “ghosts” AKA on northeast tower, the south wall is pierced by terbshots incoming from the hill in front of the lordroom.

All this is food for thought. Disscuss more, argue less.
Trying to help with game design, not just my way of playing the game.

Godspeed Roleplayer
[RG] Red Guard
[Scnd] Second Law and [Rtrd] Retired Guard

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

definitely agree with #3. AOE of any kind (player or seige) should not be able to go through walls/doors imo.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Second is the cow supplies draining.
It has been stated on a thread in this forums but the rate of the poison tick is too strong, completely OP at the moment. The supplies flux has been affected greatly because of this. In overall with this, the seiging process takes 2-3 times more. Even if you do it by the book.
But the worst is that it greatly encourage the ZERG mentality. Gather everyone in the map and lets rush this gate….

Disagree completely. I, by myself, have gotten walls down in keeps and towers (that had trebs firing), running solo supply to a cata — without the benefit of a zerg to help me. You just have to be smart about placement. Trebs cannot fire directly under themselves. Nor at other particular angles. I think the folks complaining about trebs in the various threads likely haven’t used trebs much themselves. Take an afternoon and experiment placing and building and see for yourself the limitations.

The treb cows actually punish the zerg because the green mist covers all of them and forces them to resupply often. If your team is too slow to move out of the mists when they see it drop (it takes 1 supply per tick), then that’s a bit silly no? Worse still, I’ve seen enemy being hit by the cows and just stand there, lol. The cows actually make it more difficult for a massive blob to come in and just steamroll a gate. That’s a good thing. Makes players think and figure out other ways in.

If you are having issues with the cows depleting your supply, scout out the tower or keep you want to attack and then find an angle that the treb cannot hit. Trebs are slow to be moved from one direction to another, so be aware of where the enemy siege is, and then hit. Smarter still, have two or three different areas of attack so the treb has to pick which target — again it’s slow to move from one location hit to another. It’s pretty simple.

I’m ambivalent about splash damage. Often it’s the only way to counter a massive golem attack when you are madly outnumbered and the enemy has 60 players at your gate with 10 golems and you have maybe 10 people inside defending.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: JimJames.5361

JimJames.5361

For #1 im already happy with the removal of the bar reset after a banner. Bannering is ok IMO but the reset is a bit OP.

[VII] Brutal Slaps – Warrior of Seventh Legion – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I disagree with pt 3. Trebs attacking gates is one of few ways to deal quickly with massive zerg rushes and alpha rushes on gates. If you remove more defensive options all you will see is more blobbing- which was certainly the case with the cata splash damage removal.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever