2 tier commander tags

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: Red Dawn.4561

Red Dawn.4561

Proposal Overview
I suggest a 2 stage commander tag,

Goal of Proposal
my suggestion is simple, I’ve noticed that commanders are heavily dependant on vocal or written information about squad locations.
this proposal is in order to promote breaking off from the zerg without the commander losing sight of his people
doing so will give commanders to command over bigger distances and makes a wider range of strategies easily accessible.

Proposal Functionality
were the first tier is like 10G and the second tier is 90G, this way 1 person in each party can get a captain/lieutenant tag.
as for the icon, this could be anything, but my suggestion is making it the lower V that is already in the current commander icon to show that being a commander puts you above the captains

Associated Risks
to prevent the crowding in open world I also suggest making such a captain tag only available in WvW.

to prevent interference with the current system the captain tag should not be able to have people join his squad, this will prevent people from being satisfied with a captain tag, while still making it a useful purchase if you plan to be a part of a bigger command.

Edited to be CDI conformish

(edited by Red Dawn.4561)

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

This has been suggested many times, and i do recall i have hear something that they either agreed or something was leaked. Either way they know about the problem with troll commanders etc, and they are working on it.

I would like to get a confirmation from somebody please, dont take my answer for granted i am not sure.

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

This has been suggested many times, and i do recall i have hear something that they either agreed or something was leaked.

Oh, you mean this 9 months old thread? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Suggestion-Commanders-and-Raids-Why-not/first

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Yes, but there was also something aboutthis not long ago, i really cant recall what exactly.

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Why not make the commander tag have “Ranks”. The more you take locations, defend places and such the higher your Commander rank becomes. Instead of loot bags when you rank up you could get Commander abilities or something.

For example, one could be to be able to see allies in a larger area on both the big map (pressing “M”) and on the mini map.

These bonuses wouldn’t have a deciding factor on fights, but they would help you to be able to command better. Another could be to make people “Captains” and these people could be leading smaller groups and the Commander would be able to see where they are at all times while on the map.

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: Red Dawn.4561

Red Dawn.4561

Another could be to make people “Captains” and these people could be leading smaller groups and the Commander would be able to see where they are at all times while on the map.

this is not a bad idea actually, this way you can prevent more trolls, and captain ranks will be linked to the commander that gave them, it would also give the commander some form of control over who his captains are

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

Along with all of this, Commander tag should be purchasable using Badges of Honour (has been suggested in other threads aswell). I have no idea why it currently is not available this way. Either -

A) Solely badges
B) Badges OR Gold (Both options available)
C) Gold + Badges

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

All of this has been covered and suggested, leave the poor horse alone its dead already. Anet has had plenty of time to implement this seeing as its been requested since release, don’t hold your breath.

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

How about “Thumb up” system.
1 account can Thumb up 3 CMD. (with a cost of gold to prove that you really like that CMD)
Once CMD get 1,000 Thumb up, he/she will get red CMD tag.

(May be the individual point by 1 player will reset after 1 month to make CMD keep up good work)

PS. more gold sink ANET may love this XD

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

Why not make the commander tag have “Ranks”. The more you take locations, defend places and such the higher your Commander rank becomes. Instead of loot bags when you rank up you could get Commander abilities or something.

Great way to reward karma train commander…

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well, these “rewards” wouldn’t be gold, loot or anything it would just be upgrading their commander abilities which would make sense for veteran commanders who have been in wars for ages with loads of experience.

These sort of rewards could be ability to see players further away, able to promote “captains” and see them at all times on the map. This could be also increased as they gain ranks to allow them to have more captains

2 tier commander tags

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

lol yeah. Imagine EotM zerg with 50 commander tags to level up their ranks ^^

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU