2014 Tourney confusion

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

So i’ve been gone for about 4 months. Came back and was reading up on the Spring 2014 Tourney.

My server has apparently died in the time that I was gone, and we’re currently sitting outmanned on basically every map, which is to say, Im looking to transfer.

I’ve already read up about the transfer limits for the tourney (not getting to wvw for 2 weeks, ETC)
And how the participation is ranked based on mid transfer.

However, im a little confused on the reward structure. I’m not going to be coy about it, if im transferring anyway I might as well get the most bang for my buck and pick a server where i’ll probably get the most rewards in addition to actual fights.

The ticket rewards are listed as being given to the top 9 “World place” servers. With no real indication of what “world place” indicates. One would assume World place is the top 9 servers. But does this mean if I transfer to say, Gates of Madness, who are excelling in their bronze bracket, i’ll get nothing due to them being well below the top 9 servers?

The blog posts indicate that servers would be matched up against servers with similar win/loss records. Does this mean that a server winning in Bronze is suddenly going to face the top dog of the gold league? And if not, does this mean that a Bronze league server could take World place #1 by being undefeated in bronze league, whereas a gold league server that loses once would take second?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, I cant seem to find a blog post of forum thread about this stuff specifically.

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

No, it’sdecided by world placement within gold/silver/bronze. Yes, a bronze league server could get the #1 prize if they came in first.

Your world placement is determined by how well your server does during the season. For example, if you were on buygate and you won all of your matchups, you would have 45 points in total (9weeks multiplied by getting 5 points each time you come in first), which would net your first place in your league, so you get first place rewards.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

It seems that you are already familiar with leagues, the world ranks are in correspondence to the league the server is in. So with Silver and Bronze both being 9 servers per league, every server has a secure ranking among those top 9. Leagues are locked in so you will only fight people within your league that share similar records.

On a side note, come to Gate of Madness! We have a great community filled with awesome fights. Feel free to message me in-game if you want to talk more.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Thank you both for the quick responses. Its good to know that im not limited to trying to get my way into a T1 server.

Now i’ve just got to figure out the right one. To the recruitment board, awaaaaay!

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: Erin.7496

Erin.7496

Just fyi: you will still be counted among the ranks of your “home” server (pre-transfer) if you transfer during a tourney. Aka: you get the reward that your original server gets. Don’t make your choice just based on this tournament!

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Just fyi: you will still be counted among the ranks of your “home” server (pre-transfer) if you transfer during a tourney. Aka: you get the reward that your original server gets. Don’t make your choice just based on this tournament!

You didn’t read the blog post.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

2014 Tourney confusion

in WvW

Posted by: Erin.7496

Erin.7496

You didn’t read the blog post.

“Your world association will be based on your participation throughout the tournament. If you play on multiple worlds during the tournament, the world you represented the most will be the one with which you are associated. We are adding a new Battle Historian NPC to all the WvW maps who will tell you which world you are associated with.”

I misread it. Thank you for helping, mr. Copypasta.