2015 Road doesn't go to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Wow, I must admit, I sort of thought that there was a chance that we would get some attention after the release of HoT, mainly because Colin and other Devs specifically said they were going to devote a lot of attention to the core issues of WvW. Well, I guess what they meant was “soon” after the release of HoT. Given past “soon” timeframes, I am guessing we’ll get a lot of nothing for the next 6 months to a year and then new fixes will suddenly arrive to solve all of WvW’s ills, only they will come without any discussion with the actual players in WvW… Some things never change.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

A long time core issue in WvW has been the rewards. Whenever I play in it, I feel like I’m losing gold. It’s no wonder the average player doesn’t commit a lot of time to this game mode.

There’s also skill lag, but that’s another issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Extrema.9184

Extrema.9184

I was reading the same page hoping to get a glimpse of upcoming WvW stuff but was dissapointed just like you

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

I agree. I’m a bet disappointed. I’m even more disappointed in how much PvE it takes to get guilds to claim and be useful in WvW. Don’t get me wrong I like what they gave us. But in the focus of WvW I feel kinda screwed. Kinda like that change on arrow carts. Who ever made that change on arrow carts clearly doesn’t play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

They were aware and working on it 3 years and 3-4 WvW lead designers ago, well at least nightcapping. The population issues were brought up during CDI’s and acknowledged, but like 99.999% of the WvW CDI suggestion nothing came of it. I would expect a “fix” in 1 year. Raids will come out in the next 3 months, the next 3 months will be dedicated to making those raids better and SPvP. 3 months after that it’s back to LS. It’s too little too late really, I don’t really see the WvW community getting reinvigorated for another round of being ignored by devs and waiting 3 years for major fixes.

They’ve wasted so much time on terrible updates. EotM was supposed to help with queued maps, of course at the time it released that wasn’t an issue at all. The Ruins of power…that are pretty useless All of the traps. The entire mastery system. Finally we have this new map that most people hate. I’m sure I missed some, but that just shows how forgettable they are. I really can’t say I have much hope for whatever nightcapping, population, or mechanics fixes they might implement, given the history it’s more scary than uplifting.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

You kinda know something’s wrong when they’re dropping big amount of money for a very small niche playerbase. Every other sentence is like PvP tournament this, PvP tournament that. Imagine if they had spent half the effort and resources/money into WvW, and actually played and cared about this game mode like they do with sPvP. We could’ve gotten good, fun, rewarding WvW gameplay with HoT launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

They were aware and working on it 3 years and 3-4 WvW lead designers ago, well at least nightcapping. The population issues were brought up during CDI’s and acknowledged, but like 99.999% of the WvW CDI suggestion nothing came of it. I would expect a “fix” in 1 year. Raids will come out in the next 3 months, the next 3 months will be dedicated to making those raids better and SPvP. 3 months after that it’s back to LS. It’s too little too late really, I don’t really see the WvW community getting reinvigorated for another round of being ignored by devs and waiting 3 years for major fixes.

They’ve wasted so much time on terrible updates. EotM was supposed to help with queued maps, of course at the time it released that wasn’t an issue at all. The Ruins of power…that are pretty useless All of the traps. The entire mastery system. Finally we have this new map that most people hate. I’m sure I missed some, but that just shows how forgettable they are. I really can’t say I have much hope for whatever nightcapping, population, or mechanics fixes they might implement, given the history it’s more scary than uplifting.

^this. OK, there’s really less than 2 months left of 2015 but to have no mention of WvW at all, not even a “and early in 2016 we hope to roll out some changes for WvW” is seriously bad. EotM demonstrated how really really bad Anet’s policy of not disclosing anything they are “working on” before it’s done. Many devs, including Colin irrc, stated that they understood that EtoM was not liked by the majority of the WvW community, yet here we are again after 2 YEARS. Same story, a completely finished map, no feedback from the WvW community on ANY of the design aspects, a map that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding the WvW dynamic. And I LIKE a lot of the aspects of the new map. Sure they are taking feedback from the community and then going into a cave and walking out with stuff YEARS LATER. It’s like getting feedback from the community saying we want LAMB for dinner, and them coming back a week later, no food in the meantime, and they happily present us roast TOFU. And then tell us, “it great right? You wanted food, this is totally awesome food.”
So I consider Tofu to be the EtoM analogy, so now we are starving because most of us don’t want to eat Tofu, more feedback is taken, we wait again…, and now we’re getting chicken nuggets! YAY… oh wait, that really isn’t what we asked for, why did they ask us in the first place if we are just gonna get chicken nuggets and not lamb anyway…
Here is the WvW dev process: OK, the players want lamb, good. Go to the fridge, uh oh, no lamb… well it would take a few hours to get lamb from the store… what have we got…. chicken nuggets!!! awesome, who doesn’t like chicken nuggets!! then they spend thousands of hours making tons of dipping sauces, cuz sauces. Of course, if they had simply gone out and got the lamb and served it, we would happy and they would have spent less total dev time doing it.
HoT is pretty awesome, Anet does PvE really well, and they are dumping so many resources into PvP cuz esports! that there is no way it’s going to be a massive cluster kitten, but I honestly no longer believe they have a single dev with ANY decision-making power who really plays or understands WvW at all. We want meat, but all of the cooks are vegetarians….

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

A long time core issue in WvW has been the rewards. Whenever I play in it, I feel like I’m losing gold. It’s no wonder the average player doesn’t commit a lot of time to this game mode.

There’s also skill lag, but that’s another issue.

Feel like? More like “are” .

We need to PvE just to get keep and tower claiming now. It’s ludicrous.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer