2016-04-16 activity data

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Capture activity was up 20% overall last week and kills increased about 30%. This is before server linking. I wonder if the long queues produced by the linking will reduce activity for next week.

Attachments:

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

capture volume means ktrain?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

And kill volume means Blob v Blob. And KDR means who consistently holds a numbers advantage, i.e. Blob v Player (BvP)

You can interpret the data any way you like.

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In some cases. YB doesn’t really KTrain as much but they back-cap like crazy and run a lot of small havoc groups that cap a lot. Players generally cannot log in and follow a single hat running a blob that flips everything. Spreading out is more efficient PPT and that is reflected in YBs score.

Course that changed this week with BG/ET running full time blobs on pretty much every map.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: Barsity.9408

Barsity.9408

Course that changed this week with BG/ET running full time blobs on pretty much every map.

Would that not mean that ET/BG is now also going around stopping your back capping with those small groups with small groups of our own? I am going to say yes, since I have been a part of them running with all the lovely ET, who I must say, are quite fun people to play with… Not to discredit the BG that are starting to roam as well.

I know BG is usually weekend oriented, but I can say our roaming and small group numbers are up since we can afford to drop numbers off our main forces that are currently fighting DK/Chris’s main map blob. At least that was what I saw happening throughout the weekend. The week may be a different story.

Lireil [SG] – Blackgate

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Would that not mean that ET/BG is now also going around stopping your back capping with those small groups with small groups of our own?

Yes. I think this week we will see BG ahead of YB in the Capture Volume chart. BP had a significantly higher population than normal through the weekend and was able to keep back-capping kept to a minimum as well as being able to push all the maps at once.

Still a ways to go this week and YB tends to play consistently through the week but no signs of BG letting up. I think between the ET boost, guild transfers and BGs larger dormant population waking up may push BG into a PPT winning week. Certainly looking good right now.

I know BG is usually weekend oriented, but I can say our roaming and small group numbers are up since we can afford to drop numbers off our main forces that are currently fighting DK/Chris’s main map blob. At least that was what I saw happening throughout the weekend. The week may be a different story.

That is my experience being on the other side as well. BG is generally so focused into a unified force that the smaller enemy groups run rough shot over the BLs. Now it seems BG has the unified force and a lot of their own decentralized fighting which is proving to be frustrating from a PPT perspective but a kitten-load of fun finding fights outside of the blob v blob action.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

BG hasn’t had havocs or small groups in abundance for a long while. People don’t like to PvD in groups of 4-5. And I don’t blame them, it’s boring as F. That being said, it is very effective.

What small groups we do have are more than PvD players and do very well. That being said, ET seems to be working well and we have broken off parts of our main force to deal with the smaller 4-5 man groups from YB / JQ.

But doing so, is like pulling teeth.

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Any discussion of BGET should be how utterly overstuffed the Dev’s made them. Three maps queues in late PST on a Sunday night / Monday morning are obscene numbers.

For world linking and activity data, remember there’s 50% less things to flip now in NA. That and population density has been doubled. Only Anet would know if actually more players entered WvW this week and the duration they played.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Any discussion of BGET should be how utterly overstuffed the Dev’s made them. Three maps queues in late PST on a Sunday night / Monday morning are obscene numbers.

BG populations are really difficult to pin down. I think they have a very large dormant population that tends to show up on holidays and interesting WvW changes. Add in ET and we end up with a more old school sized T1 server against more modern populations. On the plus side while BG is currently very dominant it isn’t so much so to ruin the gameplay at least from my perspective.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I see, this is data from last week (yep, FoW took break before big patch). Can you create some charts next time that compare this data with new data after linking?

Anyway, thanks again for doing the data gathering

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

When u can Run smc completely out of supplies, and BG INSANE numbers can not only defend that, but pretty much karma train what ever they want. SMC is there’s for the week. We on yb tried for two days to take SMC. Just not gonna happen this week, So I am simply gonna avoid WvW this week, and BG can have at it. It isn’t a fight, its a steam roll.

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Increase in population across the board since patch lead to an increase in capture and fight activity? No surprise there. -_-

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

2016-04-16 activity data

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Increase in population across the board since patch lead to an increase in capture and fight activity? No surprise there. -_-

Surprising or not, it happened.

The more interesting question is whether the global activity will drop as a result of server mergers.