25000 WvW Kills for 10 Achievement points

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well I’m almost there, now at over 24500 WvW kills…
Looking very much forward to the SUPER GENEROUS 10 achievement points I am about to receive… However I would rather receive a PRECURSOR a title and some gold, considering all the time that took.

Seriously, I’m looking very much forward to the new content, but PLEASE fix the unrealistically disappointing rewards in WvW.

I know this is not the first time it’s mentioned, but as I am approaching my 25k now I had to say something about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

I’m at 35k+ kills and I’m not complaining.

Sacrex hit 250k kills and he did not complain.

At that it has already been stated that they’re looking into changing the AP system for WvW.

Truth be told, 25k kills is very easy to achieve and you do not deserve a reward for getting there.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

25k kills really isnt that much idk why you’re expecting gold from it. I’m approaching 100k and i dont feel like thats very special either

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Killing 24k people should be its own reward…

Regardless there is a major revamp coming soon to how achievements work in wvw.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Right, 25000 WvW kills isn’t a lot… I come back to “complain” when I’m at 100000.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I think the reason people are complaining about achievement points now and not before is because now people actually get rewarded for them.
I have a fair amount of hard to get achievements which give very little points, but I have very low achievement points because I took a few breaks (as in, I didn’t play for 5 months in total, spread over the past year) and when I did play I didn’t always do dailies.

Still though, 25k is low, I have 33k, which I consider very low, and it didn’t occur to me to complain about the points

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Didn’t you know? 25,000 kills takes the same time as a jumping puzzle.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I’m at 35k+ kills and I’m not complaining.

Sacrex hit 250k kills and he did not complain.

At that it has already been stated that they’re looking into changing the AP system for WvW.

Actually he had a whole complain topic. In fact two. Anyhow, the correct term is 25k tags and I quess thats why the reward is so low.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

You also get a title almost no one will have. It’s known as Zergling, they misspelt it as Ultimate Dominator though.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Devon said they were going to adjust it a while back to make some of the other titles more achievable. However that’s all we got to go on, nothing was mentioned about it in the dev livestream either.

Don’t get your hopes up on this being fixed any time soon.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

However I would rather receive a PRECURSOR a title and some gold

I would also rather receive a precursor, a title, and some gold for sneezing but it’s not happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Oh it was 25k, not 250k.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

The slayer section of achievements gives 16 AP for 1000 trash kills in pve, so like you can go to crappy zones and kill lvl 10 mobs when you are level 80 and do this easy.

do this 25 times (25000 kills and granted it has to be 25 different types of mob) and you will have 400 AP from something that does not even require thought.

25k kills in wvw should give at least 400 AP. nuff said

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

25k kills, 35k, 20k we are all walking nuclear bombs.
Run fools!

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Long as the playerbase are allowed to transfer to bandwagon “stacked” servers looking for the least amount of resistance to attain their goals, WvW rewards will always stay nerfed. nuff said

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

25k kills really isnt that much idk why you’re expecting gold from it. I’m approaching 100k and i dont feel like thats very special either

On guardian. Do this on warrior or mesmer and then we will talk.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Warrior with 33k kills here.
Nop, still nothing special

in WvW

Rednik.3809

If it’s nothing special, why you still on 33k while i’m on 50 already? Especially with all FR and DE blobs around.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Fixes for these are being worked on. As well as changes to the WvW achievements to make them more in line with all the other achievements in the game. And to reward a suitable amount of achievement points. However, making changes to achievements that are already live is far more complicated than it would seem and we have focused on other areas so far. This is on our list to fix by the end of the year, however.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Long as the playerbase are allowed to transfer to bandwagon “stacked” servers looking for the least amount of resistance to attain their goals, WvW rewards will always stay nerfed. nuff said

True, but anyone who really wants that AP can just get it from pve with no resistance what so ever. and yeah they are getting sorted sooo……..But whatever. personally I want the 5k chest for the laurels and 15g, then couldn’t give a kitten after that

in WvW

Posted by: Kil M.3680

Kil M.3680

Could you talk something more? Are you want “cut” achievments in WvW from 250k to..I dont know 20k kills? or do something other? I realy like WvW and WvW achievments beacuse they are in GW1 style – looong:) but of cource reward should be better.

I dont want see more ahievments like “do 5k event” when after 6-9 month it is completed.

(edited by Kil M.3680)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I love your signature. Warrior → Necro → Guardian.

1 Year playing Mesmer solidly in wvw every day. 22k or so.

Perspective.

~Fin.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Fixes for these are being worked on. As well as changes to the WvW achievements to make them more in line with all the other achievements in the game. And to reward a suitable amount of achievement points. However, making changes to achievements that are already live is far more complicated than it would seem and we have focused on other areas so far. This is on our list to fix by the end of the year, however.

Thanks for the comment on this issue, it is greatly appreciated!

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Will the be emphasis to try to make them as retro-active as possible, so that someone who has played WvW for a year, or more by that time, will have the AP’s to show that? We have a situation where doing a JP (which takes a few minutes) is worth the same number of AP’s as, for instance, capping 2,500 supply camps. Before achievement points gave rewards, it wasn’t a big deal, but since you can now get a decent amount of gold, and new skins, badges, etc from AP’s, I think this is again a very critical issue that shows the imbalance between rewards for PvE and WvW (especially with the new farm-based LS events).

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Devon said it will get done in 3-4 months time (lets be real ‘by the end of the year’ certainly isnt going to mean september or october, and likely not even november if current progress is antyhing to go by). Its highly unlikely that the fix would wipe out everyone’s progress.

At least we now have a timeframe like it or lump it…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Will the be emphasis to try to make them as retro-active as possible, so that someone who has played WvW for a year, or more by that time, will have the AP’s to show that? We have a situation where doing a JP (which takes a few minutes) is worth the same number of AP’s as, for instance, capping 2,500 supply camps. Before achievement points gave rewards, it wasn’t a big deal, but since you can now get a decent amount of gold, and new skins, badges, etc from AP’s, I think this is again a very critical issue that shows the imbalance between rewards for PvE and WvW (especially with the new farm-based LS events).

i would wager that would be the complications he’s referring to. i mean, just adding more ranks in and of itself wouldn’t be overly complicated. making sure everyone who ever surpassed any and all of the new ranks would be rather tricky, or an insane amount of work.

also, thank you devon for that answer. it addressed the issue, and gave an approximate timeframe for when it can be expected. even if it does end up taking more time than expected, i think most people can handle a little extra wait if necessary, due to the straight forward answer you gave.

in WvW

ThaOwner.7560

My guardians actually still fairly new to me, hit 80 and geared it out like 2 weeks ago. id say about 40k kills are on war and 50k kills on necro

in WvW

ThaOwner.7560

I love your signature. Warrior -> Necro -> Guardian.

1 Year playing Mesmer solidly in wvw every day. 22k or so.

Perspective.

~Fin.

them necro tags :P

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpi.7843

Pimpi.7843

Wrote this on another thread, and to now realising that one of those exists yet.

we got some thoughts about the WvW achievements in guild and searched the most ridiculous achievement in the game. we found it
the Stonemist defender achievement.
in it you have to deff Stonemist 500,000 times!
so the event lasts for 3 mins which will lead us to a play time of 25,000 hours whats around 1041~ days playtime. nearly 3 years. this achievement is a life time achievement. this are 56 achievement points. oh at not to forget after you finish this you have at least 2 chars on max rank in wvw, so no need to do the wvw ranks account bound
for comparison the drinking achievement (where the most people on pve forums are discussing about)
you need 100,000 drinks and when you use a karma drink in some outpost which gives you 4 points in it and a doubleclick needs at least 1 sec you need “only” 7 hours to complete it. you get for this 36 achievement points
Lets get to spvp:
to achieve the Legendary Champion you need 14,973,500 rank points.
i think a really good player can do 400 points in a tournament round which will take 15 mins all in all (queue, getting ready, fight) so you would take 37434 rounds and 9358.5 hours. which are 390 days. wiki says for all spvp achievements you get over 1000 achievement points.
so have fun farming

Anet says they don’t want hard core wvw players. I think right now you would need around 7-10 years playtime for achieving this, kinda hard core
but they will fix it and i hope we get some good rewards for it, one suggestion: if you finish all wvw achievements you’ll get a legendary, so noone can say you wouldn’t get legendarys with only playing wvw, and you would have a reward which is worth the work here
oh and i think the realm avanger is a good number for a kill count, only the AP aren’t right. but everyone sees that you can reach it in some normal time ~2000 hours playtime if you do it right.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Someone please tell me why ANet thought the achievements were realistic in the first place? Hate to play Henry Hindsight but seriously, how did anyone not see that they were achievements where massively inflated??

I appreciate that this is even being given the time of day, but ya know, gotta still complain. It’s what we do.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Toxity.2547

Toxity.2547

Someone please tell me why ANet thought the achievements were realistic in the first place? Hate to play Henry Hindsight but seriously, how did anyone not see that they were achievements where massively inflated??

I appreciate that this is even being given the time of day, but ya know, gotta still complain. It’s what we do.

Maybe because you’re not supposed to get every achievement in the game within one week of playing.

Also a precursor for WvW kills is just silly.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

So you can get all these PvE and sPvP achievements within weeks of just playing normally but WvW is going to be the only one with all of its achievements taking years to complete? Even if you’re playing devil’s advocate, that’s a pretty kitten poor excuse.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Rednik.3809

Maybe because you’re not supposed to get every achievement in the game within one week of playing.

I made 300g from PvE in last 2 weeks. Why WvW achievement that take ~1Y to get can’t give item worth ~500g? We are inferior people or what?

25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

However I would rather receive a PRECURSOR a title and some gold

I would also rather receive a precursor, a title, and some gold for sneezing but it’s not happening.

No, you have to pve for those items, dance around a fire, smash pinatas, and run short distances for no reason, no rewarding of skill in this game, learned that in the beginning when I got 5ap for my legendary, this games ap system is a joke.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yayyyy, we have a time frame!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Wrote this on another thread, and to now realising that one of those exists yet.

we got some thoughts about the WvW achievements in guild and searched the most ridiculous achievement in the game. we found it
the Stonemist defender achievement.
in it you have to deff Stonemist 500,000 times!
so the event lasts for 3 mins which will lead us to a play time of 25,000 hours whats around 1041~ days playtime. nearly 3 years. this achievement is a life time achievement. this are 56 achievement points. oh at not to forget after you finish this you have at least 2 chars on max rank in wvw, so no need to do the wvw ranks account bound
for comparison the drinking achievement (where the most people on pve forums are discussing about)
you need 100,000 drinks and when you use a karma drink in some outpost which gives you 4 points in it and a doubleclick needs at least 1 sec you need “only” 7 hours to complete it. you get for this 36 achievement points
Lets get to spvp:
to achieve the Legendary Champion you need 14,973,500 rank points.
i think a really good player can do 400 points in a tournament round which will take 15 mins all in all (queue, getting ready, fight) so you would take 37434 rounds and 9358.5 hours. which are 390 days. wiki says for all spvp achievements you get over 1000 achievement points.
so have fun farming

Anet says they don’t want hard core wvw players. I think right now you would need around 7-10 years playtime for achieving this, kinda hard core
but they will fix it and i hope we get some good rewards for it, one suggestion: if you finish all wvw achievements you’ll get a legendary, so noone can say you wouldn’t get legendarys with only playing wvw, and you would have a reward which is worth the work here
oh and i think the realm avanger is a good number for a kill count, only the AP aren’t right. but everyone sees that you can reach it in some normal time ~2000 hours playtime if you do it right.

You forgot something:
3 years without the servers shutting down for reset, without you ever going to sleep and without you ever logging out for updates, with your opponents constantly besieging stonemist without ever making it through.
Prior to the wvw matchup changes, something like this could have been staged in europe tier 9 to get the achievement in 4 years. It would still have been a mostly useless achievement on a character, which spent 4 years doing nothing but sitting in a castle and tagging an ever coming flow of people to keep getting the events rewarded.

Now, let’s talk about 500.000 caravan escorts.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpi.7843

Pimpi.7843

i wrote playtime my dear friend, so you will take more time for achieve it, but you need at least 3 years playtime ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

we have focused on other areas so far.

No kidding! New PvE content every 2 weeks, and the rewards you get from those are astronomical to those you get in WvW!

I spend almost all my time in WvW, and I am lucky to get 2 gold in 6 hours from loot.
I spend 1 hour farming this Scarlet Invasion event and I can get more than 2 gold so easily!

We’ve complained about this since day one, and even with the increase loot drop in WvW, we get nowhere near the amount of gold and other drops that PvE players do!
The fact that WvW gives PvE boosts makes it even worse, we’re working our butts off and it’s the PvE’ers that get all the benefits!

As stated, how can you reward a person who does a jumping puzzle in a few minutes the same amount of achievement points than someone having to get 50k kills in WvW, which will take many players well over a year to get?!
It is completely insane!

Also how can you refund everyone’s karma after not giving notice on boosts no longer applying, yet you cannot create more tiers for the WvW achievements and give players more AP for those tiers? Doesnt make sense.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

(edited by Omaris Mortuus Est.2738)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

A lot of the “X amount of kills isn’t that much” talk is coming from people in high-mid tiers I would guess.

Because in the lower tiers being well under 100k is pretty common.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Also how can you refund everyone’s karma after not giving notice on boosts no longer applying, yet you cannot create more tiers for the WvW achievements and give players more AP for those tiers? Doesnt make sense.

it’s a database thing. Note:This is based on general knowledge, not specific knowledge of Anets system.

Karma is a box in a database, and another database tracks when and where karma is added to that database. so Arenanet can set up a query that will automatically determine who it was that used their karma jugs under the new system and how much karma they earned, and change the karma #s/ give them jugs in compensation. They never touch the database itself.

Changing achievements is different. The databases are interconnected and expect to get some data when they poll the WvW achievements. Changing the achievements entails changing the database, which has the potential for minor errors causing major problems. Basically, it’s possible, it’s just a lot of work. They also probably want to do a statistical study on just how many cheevo points hardcore WvWers would earn overnight if the game were switched to realistic WvW achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

I made 300g from PvE in last 2 weeks. Why WvW achievement that take ~1Y to get can’t give item worth ~500g? We are inferior people or what?

I’d say its bullkitten because precursors will drop in price and wont be worth that much.
I rather have some solid gold or some skins that are unique and WvW only.
Or maybe crafting mats for Ascended weapons/armor when they come out. Without a stupid random factor.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

We would earn SO SO SO much AP, if you based it on the time taken; and I think that is the real issue.

Say it takes 30 minutes to do a JP, which gives you 10AP

Now say it takes 6 months to get 25k kills in WvW, and you play 4 hours per day on average. That give you 28*6*4 = 672 gaming hours.
=> 1344 30 minute sessions
=> 13,440 AP (equivalent)

And that is just for WvW kills.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Right, 25000 WvW kills isn’t a lot… I come back to “complain” when I’m at 100000.

Depends on the tier and the style of play 25k kills for a solo or skirmish group in T5 is a lot different than a zerger in T1.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

That’s because you’re a pro, Tybs. :-P (that and you’re a necro tag machine!)

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Can you re-direct me in the forums where this was stated officially, please

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Can you re-direct me in the forums where this was stated officially, please

How about reading this thread? Just a few posts above yours…..

I admit it is soon™ but its what they always say.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

my bad; thx for the heads up; totally overlooked.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

What I read here was this:

Please stop playing GW2 until December, we’re tired of hearing all the numerous complaints about WvW… so, if you would just be so kind as to come back in 5 months, we’ll have 1 or 2 of the things you want cleared up.

This way, you can enjoy the new content and we can continue to slowly plod along fixing things that should have never been a problem in the first place…. we’re sorry we didn’t have the foresight.

But please, continue to buy stuff on the TP because you won’t get anything worth it’s weight in gold from DROPs in WvW.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Wow, when did everyone become such AP kittens? Seriously you guys, PvE gets all those rewards so easily because it is mind numbing and boring . . . whereas WvW is a long term thing with new and never experienced before possible encounters around every corner. I think ANET designed it to take a really long time to advance because they mistakenly thought you all like PvP for the fun and the thrill of combat against a completely unpredictable element, ie; other humans instead of AI. o_O

We shouldn’t need rewards to be having fun out there. Granted, it is a bit irksome to see your PvE bro’s sporting shiny new goodies all the time and reaping in the cash or earning new recipes so I agree with folks asking for more shiny fun stuff in WvW equivalent to LS rewards but I don’t see why that has to revolve around more AP. The AP chests are not that cool anyways, especially once everyone has the rewards from them. It is just another form of deflation.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

PvE requires exorbitant rewards because it’s literally the only reason to do it. The story is terrible. The characters are bland and unoriginal filled with stupid dialog less interesting than a teen drama. Your “choices” amount to nothing significantly different to anyone else’s, the ‘charm-honorable-ferocity’ metric is an unused footnote mechanic, and all the living story in it’s entirety exhibits the profound depth of a soap dish…not to insult the soap dish.

GW2 PvE is all about entertaining masses of really bad gamers who want to be equally catered to as good players thus devolving the entire difficulty level of the mode to just above playing “Go Fish”…except no one loses and everyone wins the same reward, so nobody tries.

Just a buncha bull&%#@ to keep the drooling idiots of the MMO genre sated with shiny things that took little to no effort to obtain.

PvP modes are meant for the actual gamers…you know, those people who don’t enjoy grinding their brains out on no-skill-required bull!#% content. Unfortunately the problem is that since the mode is actually challenging and requires effort it should present HIGHER rewards than PvE, but PvE sucks so much %$# that if it did NO ONE WOULD PLAY IT. Everyone would have every WvW map queued for days and filled with the lamestream MMO scrubs who suck at any game they get their grubby little entitled hands on.

Simple answer to why WvW rewards suck is because PvE sucks and players are rewarded handsomely for putting up with the bull&%#@. WvW isn’t bad, it’s just insanely buggy, highly exploited, extremely stale, and being developed by possibly the most consumer base ignorant team I’ve ever had the privilege to loathe.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.