2v1 in WvW Working as intended?

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

To the OP, your world caved and was working with BG not even 48 hrs into the match. We’ve been referring to your world as BG Jr, BG lite, and BG+. Thus, if some of us on JQ decided to poke at you, it was just because of that. If BG was following OJ’s like vultures to peck at our scraps, it was not organized or intended.

Agree’d that non organic 2v1’s are what makes WvW bad. Even if guild tags were removed, it’s easy enough to look at your contact list and see if “Commander X” is playing atm. Players and Guilds are too entrenched and the whole thing needs to be upended to make it interesting again.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Anyone looking to transfer JQ, please take notes. When they lose a match they point fingers at everyone but themselves. There were several times when we tried to push BG but JQ wouldn’t buzz off from our third. Don’t know what to tell you, learn to know what servers are what colors next time.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Here is how I see it, even despite of Anets current score system. It is always advantageous to team up against the server with the clear coverage advantage. The goal should simply be times where numbers are equal on all sides, for 2 of the sides to push the leading server as far down as they can. This way when they log off and the other servers coverage takes over, they will be so far down in points, they might be lucky to catch up. Rinse and repeat. Now, it doesn’t have to be a 2v1 24/7 as clearly one server needs to take first. Their will be some strategic back stabbing to see who does it but aside from that, the common goal should be to keep the stronger server stuck in 3rd place.

If numbers were equal at all times, and coverage was similar, this wouldn’t be necessary, but when servers have clearly larger numbers, it’s more beneficial to keep them down so they never take 1st or 2nd. Perhaps if servers started doing this effectively, it could stop people from transferring to stacked servers.

Think of it this way, how intriguing would BG look to join if the rest of the season resulted in them coming in 3rd place every match with say points around 100k because of constantly being 2v1.. Something to think about..

in WvW

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

Anyone looking to transfer JQ, please take notes. When they lose a match they point fingers at everyone but themselves. There were several times when we tried to push BG but JQ wouldn’t buzz off from our third. Don’t know what to tell you, learn to know what servers are what colors next time.

This. I have never seen so much QQ from a server losing in a long time. Prior to seasons BG was getting their kitten s handed to them every week and they rarely cried 2v1. JQ loses one week and all of a sudden the world is going to end. Did we 2v1 JQ at some points throughout the week? yes. Was tc 2v1’ed at points? yes. Was bg 2v1’ed at some points? yes. All the people crying 2v1 just can’t accept the fact that they got outplayed.

I command during SEA and I can tell you for a fact that all this nonsense of 2v1 from the start is garbage. I was on JQBL during the weekend and let me tell you what happened. During SEA on saturday, the BG blob lead by SUPR and the JQ map blob lead by WvW ignored each other and kept the 2v1 on our wp bay till it flipped early SEA. BG would keep pressure bay whether it was owned by us or JQ and JQ would just b-line straight for bay to ether defend or capture thus keeping bay wooden till EU (not a qq rant, just saying what happened).

After a frustrating saturday, I managed to get a 2v1 on BG hills WP with the JQ map commander and kept the pressure on BG till early NA. The keep flipped and with both zergs pressuring them they held close to 0 ppt for several hours (on jqbl). The unspoken agreement was that we wouldn’t poke at each others third and it stayed that way till I logged.

Every single day after that during sea was an exact repeat of saturday. BG blob lead by SUPR would spawn and run directly to bay, and the JQ blob would spawn and run directly to bay. JQ completely ignored hills. Our wp bay flipped twice and we held onto it twice (through sea). Now I’m not complaining, im sure SUPR was just looking for some fights and garrison 3 ways are never fun but bay 3 ways are (I admit…I think bay is probably the most fun keep to attack/defend)…once again I’m not complaining just stating events and how they directly contradict the conspiracy garbage being thrown here.

SEA during the weekday on TCBL was a constant garrison orgy every single day. Monday through Thursday was a BG blob and JQ blob working together to flip our garrison. I’m pretty sure if we were working with BG they wouldn’t actively try to reset our garrison every single day.

If JQ was so concerned about winning, why wouldnt you try to reset the Bay (that BG had waypointed on saturday) on BGBL so that you can hand your EU team an easy wooden structure + the rest of the third for 40 ppt? Why waste 3 hours in our garrison with a guilded map que, when you already have your third on tcbl? Bay on BGBL stayed WP’ed till I think Wednesday night during NA prime. Instead, you left it t3 and wp, giving your eu team nothing to backcap for the tick, nor your na team something to upgrade. If my math is right, there are 90 ticks in a day and if we assume you managed to capture your third on BGBL for half of that, you would have accumulated 1800 points in one day. BG held it for 5 days straight so you guys lost out on about 9000 points overall which is about the difference between TC and JQ right now. So please, shoot yourselves in the foot some more.

All three servers are relatively equal in terms of population, some have more than others in certain time-zones but overall strategy and server organization wins, and frankly you guys got outplayed. My personal opinion is that your SEA has been your crutch as it relieved JQ from formulating any real overall strategy going into leagues. Prior to, JQ depened on their SEA team to just tick 400+ for several hours and simply win…however I don’t think that can work these next few weeks.

(edited by Master Farkha.1857)

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

The question here is why pick JQ to 2v1 instead of BG.

There was a post on Gw2wvw for a TC post that said there was a “incident” where instead of pushing a 2v1 on BG, JQ hit some TC objectives while TC was attacking BG. So if there is any truth to this is looks like JQ (or the JQ commander involved) made a bad call shifting a possible 2v1 on BG to JQ.

This is almost the same thing that happened in week 1 of season 1. SoR made some bad map politic calls and BG took advantage. Thus taking the lead.

You have been around long enough to know how easy things like this can shift and how commander will change focus depending on who is attacking who. If the above statement (from the TC player) is true, it could have easily been BG on the wrong end of the 2v1 if we would have made a bad call (Map politics wise)

I believe I am made the post you are referring to. Yea, HIRE had all the intentions to hit bg garrison and purposefully made orange swords on ur northern towers to see how JQ would respond. They attacked our spawn tower. I assumed the BG commander was just as dumbfounded as I was. So we put orange swords on briar, bg responded with orange swords on bay and it was kind of obvious that the 2v1 was set on JQ’s bay.

Note to new wvw players….. notice how there was no direct communication involved.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

This. I have never seen so much QQ from a server losing in a long time. Prior to seasons BG was getting their kitten s handed to them every week and they rarely cried 2v1. JQ loses one week and all of a sudden the world is going to end. Did we 2v1 JQ at some points throughout the week? yes. Was tc 2v1’ed at points? yes. Was bg 2v1’ed at some points? yes. All the people crying 2v1 just can’t accept the fact that they got outplayed.

I command during SEA and I can tell you for a fact that all this nonsense of 2v1 from the start is garbage. I was on JQBL during the weekend and let me tell you what happened. During SEA on saturday, the BG blob lead by SUPR and the JQ map blob lead by WvW ignored each other and kept the 2v1 on our wp bay till it flipped early SEA. BG would keep pressure bay whether it was owned by us or JQ and JQ would just b-line straight for bay to ether defend or capture thus keeping bay wooden till EU (not a qq rant, just saying what happened).

After a frustrating saturday, I managed to get a 2v1 on BG hills WP with the JQ map commander and kept the pressure on BG till early NA. The keep flipped and with both zergs pressuring them they held close to 0 ppt for several hours (on jqbl). The unspoken agreement was that we wouldn’t poke at each others third and it stayed that way till I logged.

Every single day after that during sea was an exact repeat of saturday. BG blob lead by SUPR would spawn and run directly to bay, and the JQ blob would spawn and run directly to bay. JQ completely ignored hills. Our wp bay flipped twice and we held onto it twice (through sea). Now I’m not complaining, im sure SUPR was just looking for some fights and garrison 3 ways are never fun but bay 3 ways are (I admit…I think bay is probably the most fun keep to attack/defend)…once again I’m not complaining just stating events and how they directly contradict the conspiracy garbage being thrown here.

SEA during the weekday on TCBL was a constant garrison orgy every single day. Monday through Thursday was a BG blob and JQ blob working together to flip our garrison. I’m pretty sure if we were working with BG they wouldn’t actively try to reset our garrison every single day.

If JQ was so concerned about winning, why wouldnt you try to reset the Bay (that BG had waypointed on saturday) on BGBL so that you can hand your EU team an easy wooden structure + the rest of the third for 40 ppt? Why waste 3 hours in our garrison with a guilded map que, when you already have your third on tcbl? Bay on BGBL stayed WP’ed till I think Wednesday night during NA prime. Instead, you left it t3 and wp, giving your eu team nothing to backcap for the tick, nor your na team something to upgrade. If my math is right, there are 90 ticks in a day and if we assume you managed to capture your third on BGBL for half of that, you would have accumulated 1800 points in one day. BG held it for 5 days straight so you guys lost out on about 9000 points overall which is about the difference between TC and JQ right now. So please, shoot yourselves in the foot some more.

All three servers are relatively equal in terms of population, some have more than others in certain time-zones but overall strategy and server organization wins, and frankly you guys got outplayed. My personal opinion is that your SEA has been your crutch as it relieved JQ from formulating any real overall strategy going into leagues. Prior to, JQ depened on their SEA team to just tick 400+ for several hours and simply win…however I don’t think that can work these next few weeks.

Truth hurts. Easier to QQ.

in WvW

Posted by: DCGC.2501

DCGC.2501

JQ – if you constantly hit BG, TC will as well

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

This thread is obviously going to be closed or outright deleted as soon as a mod see’s it. Anyway, for all the QQ talk, you do realize this thread was created by a TC’er and many TC have come to QQ as well, right???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Prior to seasons BG was getting their kitten s handed to them every week and they rarely cried 2v1.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to troll or if you’re new to wvw. You do realize BG was trying to tank intentionally months prior to season. Why would they complain about a 2v1 when they pray everyday for a 2v1 against them to ensure they lose big every week to help with their tanking.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Prior to seasons BG was getting their kitten s handed to them every week and they rarely cried 2v1.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to troll or if you’re new to wvw. You do realize BG was trying to tank intentionally months prior to season. Why would they complain about a 2v1 when they pray everyday for a 2v1 against them to ensure they lose big every week to help with their tanking.

Don’t lose that tin foil hat now.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

At least we didn’t tank the scores during seasons to get a easy win….

On topic tho, 2v1 won’t matter in a match like JQ/Mag/DB, the population differences are to big.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Don’t lose that tin foil hat now.

Excuse me, no ones buying the spin. You tanked to help you with recruiting. You did it before season one too. At least there’s one BG honest enough to not deny it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

If you’re referring to me, I admit nothing, I can only speak for my guild and we obviously didn’t spend as much time in WvW as we do now but it was for training and farm guild members ascended gear, along with other activity. KnT was not tanking the scores for any reason.

That said there is no point arguing any more. We both know neither of us will change our point of view on the matter and you can keep up with your propaganda and we will keep up with ours.

And for the thread lock: We will honestly miss you this week. <3 Though SoS looks like fun so far!

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

The 2v1 is working as intended

He’s a smart little cookie.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

There needs to be more 2v1 against the server in the lead. However leagues do not make that favorable. If a server feels they cannot win 1st, the play for second only, which I think is wrong. If you look at the matches now everyone 1st place in guaranteed to win this week. Nothing is close.

How the scoring should go for the tournaments should be 2 points for 1st and 1 point for 2nd and 3rd. To me this make it more exciting and may encourage more servers to gang up on the power server.

+1000

If you didn’t win, you lost. Second place is first loser. If your not first your last.

Stop incentivizing servers to “strategically” lose.

And while we’re at it, end the leagues and throw everybody into the Swiss matchups. Give Gold rewards to the top 6 placing servers so that players don’t over stack only the top server.

Make these changes and WvW will get better over the long run.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: bloody ritual.7089

bloody ritual.7089

KICK SFR AND BB FROM gold league

let them be punished to work 2 vs 1 all the time.

this is not fair to the normal server to get the point to get ther rewards .

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

There needs to be more 2v1 against the server in the lead. However leagues do not make that favorable. If a server feels they cannot win 1st, the play for second only, which I think is wrong. If you look at the matches now everyone 1st place in guaranteed to win this week. Nothing is close.

How the scoring should go for the tournaments should be 2 points for 1st and 1 point for 2nd and 3rd. To me this make it more exciting and may encourage more servers to gang up on the power server.

+1000

If you didn’t win, you lost. Second place is first loser. If your not first your last.

Stop incentivizing servers to “strategically” lose.

And while we’re at it, end the leagues and throw everybody into the Swiss matchups. Give Gold rewards to the top 6 placing servers so that players don’t over stack only the top server.

Make these changes and WvW will get better over the long run.

You’d give incentive for third place instead of second with the 2/1/1 system in a league, though I do see you’re further for just ending leagues entirely so whatevs.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

BG has the best coverage out of all servers on NA. I’ve been saying this months ago even when they were intentionally tanking to recruit more guilds. You want squash any momentum BG has from the start, but by 2v1ing JQ, TC has essentially made BG stronger.

Hey look, a whole lot of nothing with no evidence. For those of us that actually like to live in the real world of data, take a look at the Millenium WvW Matchups. If you look at the weeks and months prior to the tournament, BG did not do well. For the first week of the tournament prior to the alliance, it was a close matchup. (35k difference)

The problem was that this swiss tournament punished the 3rd place team so much that JQ/TC panicked and formed an alliance so neither would get 4th. The end result is that NA gold league is very boring with little fighting on all fronts.

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

BG has the best coverage out of all servers on NA. I’ve been saying this months ago even when they were intentionally tanking to recruit more guilds. You want squash any momentum BG has from the start, but by 2v1ing JQ, TC has essentially made BG stronger.

Hey look, a whole lot of nothing with no evidence. For those of us that actually like to live in the real world of data, take a look at the Millenium WvW Matchups. If you look at the weeks and months prior to the tournament, BG did not do well. For the first week of the tournament prior to the alliance, it was a close matchup. (35k difference)

The problem was that this swiss tournament punished the 3rd place team so much that JQ/TC panicked and formed an alliance so neither would get 4th. The end result is that NA gold league is very boring with little fighting on all fronts.

Do not worry about jojo, he is a BG obsessed troll.

The BG TC and JQ matchups have the potential to be really really good, but a few very dedicated people are doing everything they can to wreck that. I doubt the players on JQ and TC will let the guild leaders that threw them under the bus continue this win trading and force t1 into an empty wasteland. There is fun to be had in spite of the tournament and in spite of these people trying to control the rest of their servers.

For the tournament discussions above, I think that only rewarding the first place team in a matchup would definitely promote focusing on the person in first place, which is desirable. I think it would still be vulnerable to win trading, though, as there is nothing really to stop that other than ANet intervention (which would require them caring about WvW… yeah that seems unlikely). I definitely prefer the “no more tournaments” idea, myself.

I feel like the main draw of the tournaments must be the rewards, both the achievement points and the tickets. I think that what both of those things point to is a serious lack of achievement points or rewards from playing WvW. That is what needs a serious revamp. Throw away the tournament system and let WvW be something people can enjoy again, rather than a nine week endurance race.

Edit: For the OP, I think it is almost working as intended. Right now, on EB there is usually a focus on the team with SM, as defending SM makes them stretch to defend the rest of their map. That helps to keep the scores tight and balanced. On the borderlands, the focus is usually on the “home” server as they have an easier time defending their keep/towers. That also helps to keep the scores tight and balanced.

I think when ANet (and all the players clamoring for three way pvp) envisioned this system, the idea was that as servers pushed to first place, they would naturally be focused and brought into check by the other two servers, which would put another server into first, who would get focused, repeat. If that happened, the scores would always stay tight enough for the matches to be interesting. ANet needs to give some real incentives to first place outside of seasons though, for that to work.

As the game goes right now, when there is not a tournament a lot of servers do not make dedicated pushes for first because they feel they have more fun just getting into large scale fights away from objectives. I think ANet would prefer those large scale fights to be about the objectives.

There are also very rarely positioning changes in a matchup. Who is on first at midday saturday usually stays there, same for second and third. I think ANet would prefer all those scores to stay tight enough that positioning changes many times. To do that, not only would they have to give more incentives for people to play for first place, but also do something to bring the third place server back up and into the mix score-wise.

I saw a user named Akkadian post a great idea on how to do that, but it would at the very least require some big UI changes. He proposed that fights take place over 3 tiers, involving 9 servers. The green server in t1 would be teamed up with the red server in t2 and the blue server in t3. The blue server in t1 would be teamed up with green in t2 and red in t3. The red server in t1 would be teamed up with blue in t2 and green in t3.

They are not all fighting on the same maps, mind you, the only real “teaming up” is from their scores. The servers still only fight in their tiers, but the winner at the end of the week is the team with the highest score. This allows every match to matter, every server to have a chance at first, and every server push to have an impact.

Once again not my idea, I can’t take credit, but I think it is a good one.

Hyade and his flamethrower

(edited by BAITness.1083)

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

WvW has always had 2v1 but never to this extent (TQ vs. BG). There is nothing wrong with normal 2v1 but coordinated 2v1 can get toxic as we are seeing it now.

If other servers follow JQ/TC example then WvW will become a dead zone with many casual players who just want to play and have fun end up leaving…

Also ANet’s silence in the latest 2v1 is not helping the situation but it is what it is….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The only reason 2 servers have a reason to team up against the 3rd server is because they cannot beat them due to the overwhelming coverage. Obviously it works to their benefit to keep the 3rd server down.

If a server doesn’t want to get teamed up against, don’t stack your server, it’s as simple as that. While I was on BG after Season 1 and throughout most of the off season, at least 7 guilds transferred there while I was there and 1 left. 7 different blackouts called. I left with about 3 weeks left before Season 2 started and I’m sure more guilds must have transferred there during that time.

I can tell you for sure, TC didn’t have at least 7 guilds transfer, and I’m almost positive JQ didn’t have 7 guilds transfer to them. Who had better coverage before all the transferring went on? Well easy answer, BG did, so they in fact, stacked their server.. now the fruits of their labour, a coordinated 2vs1.. brought it on themselves.

Anet also pointed out that the 3 way system was in place to in fact keep the stronger server in check, so it’s completely working as intended, it’s just that other servers don’t do it.

Everybody would like a nice even competitive battle, but unfortunately, some people/servers take it upon themselves to completely try to swing the odds in their favor… tsk tsk.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Also ANet’s silence in the latest 2v1 is not helping the situation but it is what it is….

They haven’t been silent, in the latest ready up they mention it and its clear they have no problem with it. But anyway for the last 2 days or so its been relaxed so there are plenty of fights.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

The only reason 2 servers have a reason to team up against the 3rd server is because they cannot beat them due to the overwhelming coverage. Obviously it works to their benefit to keep the 3rd server down.

If a server doesn’t want to get teamed up against, don’t stack your server, it’s as simple as that. While I was on BG after Season 1 and throughout most of the off season, at least 7 guilds transferred there while I was there and 1 left. 7 different blackouts called. I left with about 3 weeks left before Season 2 started and I’m sure more guilds must have transferred there during that time.

I can tell you for sure, TC didn’t have at least 7 guilds transfer, and I’m almost positive JQ didn’t have 7 guilds transfer to them. Who had better coverage before all the transferring went on? Well easy answer, BG did, so they in fact, stacked their server.. now the fruits of their labour, a coordinated 2vs1.. brought it on themselves.

Anet also pointed out that the 3 way system was in place to in fact keep the stronger server in check, so it’s completely working as intended, it’s just that other servers don’t do it.

Everybody would like a nice even competitive battle, but unfortunately, some people/servers take it upon themselves to completely try to swing the odds in their favor… tsk tsk.

List the guilds you think BG got.

BG has a net loss of guilds since S1. People insisting BG bought guilds are the trolls trying to justify the win trading. TC and JQ have equal coverage to BG, and you can see them beating up on BG for months leading up to the tournament.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

ykyk.2740

How can one server be so oblivious.

It doesn’t matter if the 2v1 is justified or not, if BG is indeed more stacked or if they are just infinitely more skilled, or if TC and JQ are both run by horrible dictators mind-controlling two servers full of sheep into doing evil deeds for tournament tickets.

The only thing that matters is that there is nothing wrong with a 2v1. Anet describes it as “cool gameplay”, BG whiners got told. If this makes anyone sad, take a video of yourself crying out a river and send it Anet and see if their stance changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

It doesn’t matter if the 2v1 is justified or not, if BG is indeed more stacked or if they are just infinitely more skilled, or if TC and JQ are both run by horrible dictators mind-controlling two servers full of sheep into doing evil deeds for tournament tickets.

The only thing that matters is that there is nothing wrong with a 2v1. Anet describes it as “cool gameplay”, BG whiners got told. If this makes anyone sad, take a video of yourself crying out a river and send it Anet and see if their stance changes.

The issue is more that you are destroying wvw in the long run. After all this sets a precedence and now we on BG will have to make a “Destroy that server” alliance to keep op with what you guys do.

Also there is no dynamic fights any more JQ will take first TC second and the rest is history because you guys stooped trying. Instead of fighting you sit around and wait.
I mean it is kind of dull. Yeah i get great fights, but the spark and dynamic of the wvw is gone.

It is not longer a epic fight between 3 servers to see whose best instead it is 2 servers win trading and not fighting because TC is okay with being number 2.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in WvW

ykyk.2740

The issue is more that you are destroying wvw in the long run. After all this sets a precedence and now we on BG will have to make a “Destroy that server” alliance to keep op with what you guys do.

Also there is no dynamic fights any more JQ will take first TC second and the rest is history because you guys stooped trying. Instead of fighting you sit around and wait.
I mean it is kind of dull. Yeah i get great fights, but the spark and dynamic of the wvw is gone.

It is not longer a epic fight between 3 servers to see whose best instead it is 2 servers win trading and not fighting because TC is okay with being number 2.

1. The majority of players don’t give a crap about “destroying” BG, don’t overrate yourselves. This has clearly been about putting BG in third, and nothing more. The 2v1s have been dissolved as quickly as reasonably possible to prevent the other servers from dying of boredom. If the objective has been to demoralize BG to the point of breaking, you will be seeing 24/7 2v1 spawn camps.

2. What makes you think this “alliance” is such a cut-and-dry deal and the outcome has already been decided? Both servers have plenty of chances to backstab each other, and I assure you each server has the number one spot in their sights. Nobody is willingly losing the season. The “win trading” is to control the matchups and ensure BG is kept down, but the alliance will dissolve as soon as one party no longer needs the other to maximize their own benefit.

3. It has never been about an “epic fight between 3 servers to determine who is best”, don’t glorify WvW and the ppt meta. It has ALWAYS been about who has the most people, who can play the politics the best, and who can pull more overtime for the longest period of time. BG is very good at those, but two servers together is better. It just so happens that BG is the target this time.

You know what does kill WvW in the long run? One server dominating and snowballing out of control. Surely as the guild leader of a long-time WvW guild on BG you know EXACTLY how these things pan out. When one server becomes dominant, people don’t look at the matchup and think "let’s go to #2 and #3 to balance things out. No, they go to #1 because #1 is winning. The 3-server system is EXACTLY the solution to this. It sucks for you that it is your server that is the target, but that’s how it is. Maybe 6 months from now TC will be megastacked voltron 24/7, and then you will see why it is so important that you can force a 2v1 on the strongest party.

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

They haven’t been silent, in the latest ready up they mention it and its clear they have no problem with it. But anyway for the last 2 days or so its been relaxed so there are plenty of fights.

Yes. Since the servers’ population are unbalanced then why not just 2v1 the stacked server all the time?

After 2 years someone finally figured out how to balance WvW.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Shhh this is starting to sound eerily like a m@tchup thread, they’re watching >.>. Also, are there anymore 2v1’s happening outside of NA T1? Euro? If so, I’m not hearing diddly about that.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

In our current matchup with get the feeling being 2v1’ed as well.
- Two servers running next to each other without doing jack kitten :P
- Trying to take tower from server A, server B attacks garri, server A can make T3 tower and 3 trebs, because server B bashing at the garri.
- Server A attacking one side of garri, while the other attacking the other side for maybe over 3h
- Taking over a tower from server A, in server A borderland, server B comes in to wipe everyone and leaves the tower

EDIT; Its not against the rules, but its kinda toxic. It’s like fighting two blobs at once in two places, which is already annoying itself, but now its a cross-server blob.

(edited by Caspian.2814)

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

2. What makes you think this “alliance” is such a cut-and-dry deal and the outcome has already been decided? Both servers have plenty of chances to backstab each other, and I assure you each server has the number one spot in their sights. Nobody is willingly losing the season. The “win trading” is to control the matchups and ensure BG is kept down, but the alliance will dissolve as soon as one party no longer needs the other to maximize their own benefit.

TC cannot beat JQ’s coverage. [MERC] will pvdoor everything down while everyone sleeps. There will be no backstabbing because both servers know who is in charge.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

TC cannot beat JQ’s coverage. [MERC] will pvdoor everything down while everyone sleeps.

TC has close to equal numbers of ocx now if they come out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum