2v1 is destroying the victim server

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I still don’t know why everyone keeps using the term “2v1” to describe what’s happening this Season. This isn’t a “2v1”, this is MATCH-FIXING.

This isn’t a case of 2 servers hitting the same Garrison at the same time because each of them wants to take it. This isn’t 1 server seeing an enemy getting pushed from the north, and deciding to take their unprotected camps & towers in the south. This isn’t a server refusing to join a fight because they are passively working on upgrades while the other 2 servers duke it out.

This is a case of 2 servers sending a group of representatives to weekly meetings with each other in TeamSpeak, where they decide which server will take 1st place, & which will take 2nd during the next week’s match. Each week, one of these servers AGREES to take 2nd place, allowing the other server to take 1st. That is match-fixing, plain & simple.

Even in the most severe 2v1, all 3 servers are at least attempting to win the match, even if they know they have very little chance. They are at least trying to place as highly in the match as they can. In this case, the servers involved are NOT playing to win, they are each playing towards a previously agreed upon outcome to the match.

So please, when talking about the current situation in Season 2, stop calling it a “2v1”. This is something else. This is Match-Fixing, which in ANY other game or sport in the world, would generally be called “Cheating”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_fixing

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

2v1….1 is the loneliest number
#BGTears

too bad this entire tournament is a FARCE and completely pointless in determining everything.

JQ and TC are going to be cheering and congratulating themselves for “victory” at the end of all of this, and yet

the winner of this tournament will not be the server who played the best, but instead a server who resorted to underhanded tactics and basically what amounts to CHEATING in order to win

and don’t tell me BG has that much superior coverage (the first wee was an EXTREMLY close match until JQ GAVE UP and quit the map like the noobs they are

cheating and hilarious are close cousins.

BG’s coverage isn’t like before. But we knew this would happen so we are playing for fights instead of fights and ppt. PPT is moot at this point since, like a couple days ago, TC and BG were close so TC and JQ went hardcore 2v1 until it was out of reach again.

I am sure the old SoR guilds are bored out of their skulls that they can’t fight JQ in any real way. I am sure that will blow up at some point here. JQ there are rumblings about being unhappy with this from people.

So BG will power through while the others have to deal with all that junk.

Awe don’t be so mad

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Didn’t I read somewhere that both plan to play it out in round 9 with SoS as referee?
So no this doesn’t seem to be tournament fixing, just preparatory work that must be done to be able to play it out.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

I still don’t know why everyone keeps using the term “2v1” to describe what’s happening this Season. This isn’t a “2v1”, this is MATCH-FIXING.

This isn’t a case of 2 servers hitting the same Garrison at the same time because each of them wants to take it. This isn’t 1 server seeing an enemy getting pushed from the north, and deciding to take their unprotected camps & towers in the south. This isn’t a server refusing to join a fight because they are passively working on upgrades while the other 2 servers duke it out.

This is a case of 2 servers sending a group of representatives to weekly meetings with each other in TeamSpeak, where they decide which server will take 1st place, & which will take 2nd during the next week’s match. Each week, one of these servers AGREES to take 2nd place, allowing the other server to take 1st. That is match-fixing, plain & simple.

Even in the most severe 2v1, all 3 servers are at least attempting to win the match, even if they know they have very little chance. They are at least trying to place as highly in the match as they can. In this case, the servers involved are NOT playing to win, they are each playing towards a previously agreed upon outcome to the match.

So please, when talking about the current situation in Season 2, stop calling it a “2v1”. This is something else. This is Match-Fixing, which in ANY other game or sport in the world, would generally be called “Cheating”.

Saw the word match fixing, then I looked at your signature.

Makes sense.

Its ok, buying guilds and player, then doing “server blackouts” to exploit and bypass the “FULL SERVER” cap isn’t cheating or match fixing or manipulation.

/facepalm. How do you even function.

Btw, its not match fixing when its a rule that 2v1 is allowed. Clue up. get gud

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

and here I thought wvw matchup discussions were NOT ALLOWED anymore…but apparently as long as everyone is just bashing blackgate and congratulating jq for being noobs, its allowed

BG is getting bashed because they are annoying the forums with their QQ. If BG posters stop making QQ threads, no one will bash them. I’ve seen less than 4 threads from TC/JQ with the sole purpose of making fun of BG. On the other hand I have seen at least 20+ threads this season from BG with the sole purpose of name calling other servers and crying. No one is going to feel sorry for BG because they are bringing this hate on themselves.

too bad this entire tournament is a FARCE and completely pointless in determining everything.

JQ and TC are going to be cheering and congratulating themselves for “victory” at the end of all of this, and yet

the winner of this tournament will not be the server who played the best, but instead a server who resorted to underhanded tactics and basically what amounts to CHEATING in order to win

and don’t tell me BG has that much superior coverage (the first wee was an EXTREMLY close match until JQ GAVE UP and quit the map like the noobs they are

ROFL, and you think BG played the best in Season 1? You won Season 1 because you had the best coverage not because you guys played the best. So do you think its fair that BG should be crowned season 1 champs just because they had the best coverage? You might not think 2v1 is fair but I don’t think stacking your server to the point where others servers can’t compete is fair either.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

So all those weeks of Server 1 and 2 demolshing Server 3 from the dawn of Gw2 was “ok”? And all those little servers who screamed this from the get-go were told to: recruit moar, L2P, get organized, etc. But now that it happens to the (formerly) Top Ranked server in the game, and it is suddenly wrong? Where is all your “advice” for things you knew nothing about then, but apparently do now? Oh that’s right, your method of correcting the problem is coming to mama ANET to save you…..

Quoted for visibility:

In my opinion, disinterested because I am on none of these servers, the match fixers who are 2v1 Blackgate are doing the lord’s work and saving WvW.

match fixers who are 2v1 Blackgate

doing the lord’s work

saving WvW.

A coordinated 2v1 will help in the future dealing with servers who think things like: stacking, warchests, recruiting offpeak to exploit PPT, etc are the way to go.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

Unfortunate that people keep posting on this. Quite frankly it just embarrasses the majority of the players whose attitude is to just deal with it. It is what it is. The more you complain about it the more you are rewarding the same people you are raging against.

The counter-spin has gotten a little out of control however when people start characterizing certain servers as ‘little’ and underdogs who had no other option but to do what they did. If you look at Week 1, the score was close and the leader role swapped back and forth throughout the weekend. Not sure what happened come Monday but the whole season started off looking like the top 3 servers were pretty close to even.

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in WvW

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Most of these posts are hilarious.

It’s not cheating. It’s not exploiting.

“JQ if you don’t push into TC right now, I’m going to report you for cheating!”

The game is 1v1v1. Three teams allows several teams to gang up on the larger server so no one can rule everything.

That being said. I hate it. I understand why it’s happening, but it’s going to the extreme now. A 2v1 for 9 weeks straight against 1 server is annoying. I only get half the amount of fights. Less people are queueing now too.

Tournaments should be done away with. There should be better rewards for doing well within your tier. 2v1s should happen at the tail end of the week to make a final push for first place. This doesn’t happen though because PPT is meaningless.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

ok all lets stop fighting and leave it at this:

JQ server is the worst most noobiest server ever. simple as that

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Serious, this is kitten awesome. Maybe now that EVERYONE realized that the only thing that matters in WvW is numbers/coverage, ANet does something about it.

The most stacked server is feeling the pain of not having enough numbers/coverage to compete fairly with the others servers. Welcome to the reality of the vast majority servers, where uneven fights and no hopes of winning because numbers disparity is the rule.

Maybe your whining will save us all. Thanks.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Saw the word match fixing, then I looked at your signature.

Makes sense.

Its ok, buying guilds and player, then doing “server blackouts” to exploit and bypass the “FULL SERVER” cap isn’t cheating or match fixing or manipulation.

/facepalm. How do you even function.

Btw, its not match fixing when its a rule that 2v1 is allowed. Clue up. get gud

Read it again. Have a smarter friend explain it to you, if need be. 2v1 is allowed. “Match-Fixing” is not. Match-Fixing has NOTHING to do with the number of players on a team. It means that the result of the match has already been AGREED upon BEFORE the match even starts, and that there is, in fact, no competition happening that week, because at least 1 server is playing ONLY for 2nd or 3rd, as was agreed before the match even started. Click the link if you need more help understanding. You’ll see that there is no mention anywhere in the definition of any of the things you listed as “Match-Manipulation”, which as far as I can tell is a word only FIFA uses, and their use of the word is identical to Match-Fixing.

But again, the problem here is NOT that there is a 2v1. It is NOT that a nearly every guild from SoR decided to megastack on TC, or that JQ poaches/buys guilds from rival servers, like [MERC]. That’s all regular WvW stuff that’s been going on since the Titan Alliance first broke up and spread out. The problem is that each week at least 1 server is agreeing to play for something OTHER than 1st place, and an arrangement is being made to determine where each server will place BEFORE the match even starts.

Again, since you clearly haven’t bothered to look at it yet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_fixing

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

(edited by Otokomae.9356)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Again as you clearly don’t understand, that rule does not apply to WvWvW.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

And what happens when they team up against already a weak server for whatever reason?
Against a server who already lacks the people?

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

How come I didn’t hear the 2 underdog servers complaining about being dominated for the full season? They gladly accept their last place and continue to have fun in WvWvW. Are they not the victim as well? Do they need to call Anet to fix it as well?

Complainers will complain no matter what.

PS: I am not allowed to mention any server name, so use your brain to fill in the name yourself.

The server that shalt not be named isn’t complaining per se. Some individuals residing on said server that shalt not be named are. Chances are they are fairweather warriors.

you shouldn’t be afraid to say the name voldemort aka tom riddle, if you fear the name you give it power even if he has his army of dementors.

The only power I must care here is Anet’s power of infraction…
It’s nothing to do with fear to that particular server.

in WvW

Joey.2769

Maybe ask SOR about that from season 1?

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

Show me anywhere on this or any forum where Anet has said that server alliances are not allowed. Show me anywhere where it says that a server cannot agree to take second place for a week in order for a greater payoff later. These political maneuvers are PART OF THE GAME and are allowed. It’s not cheating unless you break a rule and this type of activity is within the rules.

Guild warrior for life!

in WvW

Aomine.5012

2v1….1 is the loneliest number
#BGTears

LOL Someone think WvW’s win means a server is playing better…
Sooooo FUNNY…..

Coverage Wars 2
Stacking Wars 2
Transfer Wars 2
Skill Lag Wars 2.
Do I need to remind you?

Seriously, go play TPVP and I’ll believe you ok?
In WvW many times you cant even use your heal skill because of that particular server stack so much in one place.

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

even with all the JQ qqing and propaganda at the end of the day player for player BLACKGATE is still MUCH BETTER than jq. end of story

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It doesn’t create an enjoyable game play for the side that’s being double teamed, the people are not having fun, they’re demoralized.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

thaooo.5320 my friend, you are a scholar and a gentleman, the 15 steps shall be framed!

thaooo.5320:

After being laughed at, take up a new stance, say, “we enjoy being 2v1’d

Pure poetry.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

even with all the JQ qqing and propaganda at the end of the day player for player BLACKGATE is still MUCH BETTER than jq. end of story

Then why BG keep posting threads like this one?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Joey.2769

Then why BG keep posting threads like this one?

^ The Truth!

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

in WvW

Aomine.5012

So all those weeks of Server 1 and 2 demolshing Server 3 from the dawn of Gw2 was “ok”? And all those little servers who screamed this from the get-go were told to: recruit moar, L2P, get organized, etc. But now that it happens to the (formerly) Top Ranked server in the game, and it is suddenly wrong? Where is all your “advice” for things you knew nothing about then, but apparently do now? Oh that’s right, your method of correcting the problem is coming to mama ANET to save you…..

Quoted for visibility:

In my opinion, disinterested because I am on none of these servers, the match fixers who are 2v1 Blackgate are doing the lord’s work and saving WvW.

match fixers who are 2v1 Blackgate

doing the lord’s work

saving WvW.

A coordinated 2v1 will help in the future dealing with servers who think things like: stacking, warchests, recruiting offpeak to exploit PPT, etc are the way to go.

This post is so true, it can’t speak more of what I think.
I’ll take a screenshot and treasure it.