2v10 Roaming Video (Ranger&Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

http://youtu.be/FJO950FaS9M

Thought I’d share this video of my wife and I doing some fairly epic bombs on large groups. Note I’m not really the star of this video, but playing in a support role to Celsith’s murderous entangle bombs.

Feel free to tear the video apart, or, if I see some positive responses I’ll be happy to explain further what’s going on behind the scenes.

in WvW

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Watched first minute for now:

All I can say is, there’s a lot of mistakes. Not your average little roaming mistake like bad positioning or early retreat, but big ones. Interrupting your heal via dodging relly seems wrong. Speaking of that, you used it far too late. Shelter is there to avoid burst, not outheal it. Stability to stomp a thief is also useless; he won’t cc you anyway. There’s a lot of what I feel are huge mistakes in this video. Secondly, I can’t see the point of your setup. A support guard is nice to have in anything above 4 man, however you’re not actually supporting your partner, as you’re mostly out of range and using your shouts to secure stomps/ survive instead of supporting your wife. You also have quite an offensive weaponset, gs/ s/f with rage sigils, but your damage is too low, and your build is made for bulky setups. As your ranger partner is always ranged, I wonder if a direct damage spec ( even knowing how much I hate lb rangers) would be efficient.

Quite a lot of negative feedback, doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy watching the video; I’m just giving advices to make the next videos better. Sorry if it sounds rude.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

We do normally run groups of 2-5, but with the holidays it’s just been her and I mostly.
Concerning my heal, I assume the first? It was not interrupted, but laggy. A few moments later you’ll notice my hp did indeed rise. Game is acting poorly at the moment. Also, those boons on my partner are from me, we’re rarely if ever beyond 600 range from each other through the entire fight.. The support is also coming from both pure of voice and soldier rune condition removal.. Which is why some of my button presses seem odd.

in WvW

oxtred.7658

I was speaking of 0:33, where you indeed interrupted your heal. The hp rise came from virtue of resolve. There’s also a lot of random dodges. In fact it looks like all your dodges are random. I assume this is for the heal? Still, you’re often caught up out of dodges and if those players weren’t upleveled, this lack of escape ability would kill you. There’s time where you had f2 up and used a shout instead, and that’s a tactical mistake. Keep your stability for when you need it. You have a lot of healing power. I assume you’re running a mix of zealot and ptv?

in WvW

LetoII.3782

No, mix of Magi’s and Clerics. And yes, my dodging is twofold for healing and elusive power (honor V). Now, while a thief most certainly won’t interrupt a stomp a greatsword mesmer, which there was, will.
I won’t deny in a fight of that size there IS indeed a bit of button spam ^.^

And you’re right.. I did interrupt my heal <,<
moment early on the evade over minefield whoops.

in WvW

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

You do interrupt Shelter in the first heal, your hp goes up after because of Selfless Daring and regen ticking, not the Shelter heal.

The fights are mostly outside friendly towers against 5ish players with a bunch of uplevels.

The first fight is horrible “2v10” it’s more like 2+Guards v1-2, the rest are standing up on the hill just using the siege while they watch their allies getting stomped.

Also the slow mo stomps…. Look at me stomp this guy with Stability while no one else is around me or doing damage to me, oh it’s so epic!

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You do interrupt Shelter in the first heal, your hp goes up after because of Selfless Daring and regen ticking, not the Shelter heal.

The fights are mostly outside friendly towers against 5ish players with a bunch of uplevels.

The first fight is horrible “2v10” it’s more like 2+Guards v1-2, the rest are standing up on the hill just using the siege while they watch their allies getting stomped.

Also the slow mo stomps…. Look at me stomp this guy with Stability while no one else is around me or doing damage to me, oh it’s so epic!

Are you always such a kitten or is this a special occasion?

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I assume you mean 5:30? No, I wasn’t highlighting the stomp. I applied a binding blade to the thief caught in my partners entangle, stomped while allowing it to apply full bleeds and hold him in place, whirling wrathed him in stealth then pulled him in for another strike once he finally escaped the entangle… Pretty sweet move if I do say so.

But there’s no part of this video where you can argue fairly that we outnumbered our opponents.. Not gonna fly as valid trolling sry :/

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol @ all the people criticizing.

Good video and good kills. Sure, there were mistakes but in a fight of that scale, when you’re heavily outnumbered, they’re going to happen. It was still an impressive feat and I much prefer to watch videos of people winning outnumbered fights versus videos of thieves and warriors resetting fights constantly until they win, which seems to be what a lot of WvW videos are like.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

haters gonna hate!
nice vid, nice fights, dont worry about any mistakes, everyone makes them and you two certainly made alot less of them than your opponents.

those fights aren’t easy to win, keeping most of the enemy group at a distance while fighting them in pairs and not over committing to a target when it kites away is very important. theres no other way to beat those numbers with two players right now, no matter what the haters say.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

More accurate description: 2 + Guards + Dredge Turrets vs 10.

Nice video.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in WvW

oxtred.7658

Since when is giving accurate advices “hating” ?

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Since when is giving accurate advices “hating” ?

Agreed, I’m open to valid critique.
Else I’d not have put on forums lul

in WvW

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

@Letoll. I thought it was a fun watch. These people are literally watching time stamps to show you mistakes is hilarious to me, the dredge turrets and help from the tower or not. I’d love to see all these flawless players make a 2vX video. It’s actually a little silly how badly these people have to try to point out flaws to make them feel like a better player? Lead by example and post your own video. Anyone can type anything, shows us how to play better. Either way fun watch, nice job you two.

in WvW

oxtred.7658

We’re pointing out flaws to help the op becoming better, because he’s not a whiny little kitten like some people and he can take a valid point. I don’t really need to watch random youtube videos to know I’m a good player, thanks.

Letoll, what are your stats? It looks like you have too much prec for not enough power, imo. I personally think you could drop a lot of healing power ( as the scaling is meh anyway) and still be supportive with all the boon spam you get; something like a zerker/ ptv/ (zealot?)/ knight mix.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

At the moment running 02066 with vunerability on blind, hence the greatsword-sword/focus weapon setup. Lots of blinds seems to be more useful than 2 in valor, also a support function.
Sigils of mischief and rage on GS, heal stacks and generosity on sw/fc

Attachments:

in WvW

oxtred.7658

I’d say stack bloodlust instead of life. That would be almost 2k power, and 50% crit chance assuming someone in your group provides fury, and that would be good stats. Now, what are your opinions on sigil of mischief? I find it “meh” at best; maybe energy would be better.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I was using bloodlust and energy before, but mischief I’ve been loving. There’s normally 2 d/d thieves in our group and we have a VERY aggressive intro. This normally results in a downstate and the resulting ressurect clump makes a nice target for the ranged aoe blind/vunerability stacks. The extra evades I certainly miss.. But not being hit works too.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

2v10 is a bit of a stretch. Anyways, uplvls and NPC interference aside, I see a mix of you guys having coordination and fighting some surprisingly awful PvPers(your Ranger partner was left to pew pew freely), plus most decent roamers would have seen that your block heal yielded nothing, bait out your renewed focus then pin you down and go for your throat. If you’re having fun that’s one thing but I don’t if there’s much room for improvement if this is what you guys are fighting.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

It’s usually not lol.
We’re on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

Since sharing is caring, and rangers are roaming. I figured I’d share my own SoS branded roaming video. Tuned to the theme of this thread.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

That’s the spirit!
Not every thread has to be about the sky falling.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

that’s what happens when a longbow ranger is ignored :P or team does not have support anti range, the player with the ranger is just geting free kills by pressing button.

cool wiping there, even if against the server im playing ^^.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

That’s actually a shortbow shes using, but thank you.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Green arrows mostly. Also, you both are Asuras. ><

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

that’s what happens when a longbow ranger is ignored :P or team does not have support anti range, the player with the ranger is just geting free kills by pressing button.

cool wiping there, even if against the server im playing ^^.

Love the ranger hate. I’ve been running S/D, A/T lately and I’m still getting the whispers saying things like, “Pew pew some more”, “Longbow noob cheese build”, etc.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN