3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Eva updates are the best. She brings salad.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Everyone seems to be fighting hard out there!

Here’s the latest update … Pinky wanted to give everyone a big hug, but we shoved him on our Supreme Commander instead……

Nice update. Need cookies, Jayne.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Everyone seems to be fighting hard out there!

Here’s the latest update … Pinky wanted to give everyone a big hug, but we shoved him on our Supreme Commander instead……

Nice update. Need cookies, Jayne.

Oh you’re right! I’ll have to go bake some!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Moo~!

TC took all our supply camps so Yak has no supply to run ; ;~
*nudges bodies

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

this is a blast from the past, man. my first WvW match was DB/TC/MAG in like september, i think it was. DB kicked the crap out of us. i was terrified of you guys for a while.

i am, however, exceptionally curious to learn about magguma’s rams. i’ve been reading about it for months, but i haven’t gotten to see it firsthand. i’m looking forward to it greatly.

/salute

in WvW

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

My apologies to the DB I attacked outside our spawn who were apparently just trying to party with us. I misunderstood the situation. Perhaps the Box O’ Fun (or whatever they’re called) should have tipped me off, but I was too quick on the trigger. Or the hawks, in my case.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

crystal.5930

My apologies to the DB I attacked outside our spawn who were apparently just trying to party with us. I misunderstood the situation. Perhaps the Box O’ Fun (or whatever they’re called) should have tipped me off, but I was too quick on the trigger. Or the hawks, in my case.

There is so much wrong with this statement. Soso much. Just no. RP on reset night… Dragonbrand what on earth have you become?

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

I think the world you are looking for, Evalana, is “fun”. That is what Dragonbrand has become.

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

i am, however, exceptionally curious to learn about magguma’s rams. i’ve been reading about it for months, but i haven’t gotten to see it firsthand. i’m looking forward to it greatly.

Before I logged off our infamous PvP (now turned PvE) king called out for fight club… on a reset night….

Yup. it’s gonna be that kind of week! Good news for you, that means the odds of weird Maguuma ram placements have increased!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Oh, don’t be alarmed. I’m sure there would have been no RP involved.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

crystal.5930

There is so much wrong with this statement. Soso much. Just no. RP on reset night… Dragonbrand what on earth have you become?

Kome to Maguuma. We only really RP with rams.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

I am excited to see the rams. Also, bulls, dolyaks, plush griffons, sparks, and whatever else shows up for the yak parade on Thursday.

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

in WvW

Posted by: lionspride.7596

lionspride.7596

Mag an TC has traded SM like 5 times, super fun fights so far :’3
Really good job at hiding mesmers btw, been so many >~<.

TV and iLL had some great fights in EB all night. Thanks for the fun, we do tend to be pretty sneaky and try to keep you on your toes.

Did you really kill our mesmer? or did you kill one of the decoys for the one that’s actually trying to hide. :p ohhhh so sneaky.

Pride Nightshade [TV] – 80 Ranger
Leader, Transcendent Veneration – Tarnished Coast
http://transcendentveneration.guildportal.com

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

…But I thought you weren’t looking for any more transfers!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

Your updates are weird and unwanted. Don’t waste the effort.

Wow, thanks for helpful comments! I thought they were kind of light-hearted and entertaining, but I guess your point of view is valid, too.

BTW, great fight you guys are putting on, tonight. I ran into a great three-way battle in the TCBL garrison right after logging in. Tried to join the team fighting Mag and trying to cap the guild lord and got steam-rolled by a DB team at the inner gate. Must’ve died 3 times before we final secured the place. You guys really put up a ferocious fight.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

…But I thought you weren’t looking for any more transfers!

All Evalanas welcome to Maguuma

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Laii.2780

Mag an TC has traded SM like 5 times, super fun fights so far :’3
Really good job at hiding mesmers btw, been so many >~<.

TV and iLL had some great fights in EB all night. Thanks for the fun, we do tend to be pretty sneaky and try to keep you on your toes.

Did you really kill our mesmer? or did you kill one of the decoys for the one that’s actually trying to hide. :p ohhhh so sneaky.

hehe, well I killed that one, but not 10min later we lost SM again and took it back again >~<. I only found her cause she ((finger quotes)) “accidently” aggroed an archer while up on her hiding spot ^.~!

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Wtf ginger powers – managed to make someone mad in this matchup and I don’t even know how. Wtf.

I believe it was my comment “TC threads are kinda weird”. I am not sure though.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

I’m glad you are only speaking for yourself.

Jayne, everyone loves your updates but this person. Keep them coming please.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I don’t like Jayne’s updates.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

kerona.3465

Except for everyone else who said ‘no thanks’ who is not from TC.

At least you have server unity.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t like Jayne’s updates.

Ok I’ll bake you some cookies instead

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Been having fun all night on Dragonbrand BL

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Don’t worry Jayne, we’ll let ya finish, but Eva has the best updates of all time.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Don’t worry Jayne, we’ll let ya finish, but Eva has the best updates of all time.

I’m looking forward to them!

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

I can see this thread evolving into two separate interwoven conversations. One for people who play games to relax and have fun, and another one for people who play games because they are mad at their dad.

I think the latter group have a right to speak, as long as they agree the former group does as well.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Hot off the shopping channel … wow Mags, your commander is great at getting the word out:

Attachments:

in WvW

Laii.2780

A Yak with a shipment of Fireworks that will never make it home</3~
Its ok yak, your supply got to its destination, RIP; ;~

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

The PYRO guild from Mags is pretty decent, I saw them at TCBL garrison. Granted they were mostly facing our never-say-die militia. Would like to see them go up against some of our medium/larger guilds.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Laii.2780

Hot off the shopping channel … wow Mags, your commander is great at getting the word out:

errrmahgawd~! buys

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

As long as the paternal animosity results in bloody fights on the field and not in the forums. As far as I’m concerned; forums = going for beers after the game and everyone is invited. TC will be bringing cookies, but it’s what’s in the cookies that’s important.*

I’m looking forward to seeing how we’ve all changed since our last matchup so long ago, and hoping coverage issues won’t be a big issue.

* raisins vs chocolate chips - go!

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Thanks for all the fights tonight, we had a blast.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

I was thinking it might be nice since it’s been awhile if some of the regular WvWers from each server could give a quick overview of the guilds and personalities of their WvW crew? Always nice to now who I’m fighting.

I can start with some general basics of TC, but I’m far too casual to get the details of the guilds right so I’ll leave that for someone else from TC:

Tarnished Coast
aka TC, Zombie Coast, Garnished Toast, unofficial NA RP server

• large militia, especially on TCBL, often running in 1 zerg plus scattered, sometimes confused, sometimes expert militia across the map
  • fast response on defence, can be lacking on offence in TCBL
  • many excellent commanders that change the militia into a force that can wipe guild groups
  • great EB defence, and depending on commander presence some very strategic gameplay
  • some really great medium and large guild attack forces that have been training vs HB and WM on enemy BLs (if you’re looking for some fun GvG make sure you PM some of the folks from Pink, KH, TV, etc)
  • The Running of the Yaks event on Thursday night
  • fond of duelling near southern camps, more so as the week progresses
  • some incredibly patient and skilled thief and mesmer teams that will give you sweeping nightmares
  • comedy and friendly rivalry on the forums just as important as competitive battles in game
~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Anyone want to do fight club? PM me in game.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I’d also like to say I’m impressed with [TFV] from Dragonbrand. They’re without a doubt the best guild [DIS] has seen in this tier. What are your usual hours? I’d love to meet you guys in the field when 3/4th of us are not already asleep.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Alodar.5794

Alodar.5794

The Shadow Legion (TSL) had a great time tonight on Maguuma BL. We’ll be back… maybe not the same borderlands though, we like to change it up pretty often.

Some good fights though.

Madember – Level 80 Elementalist
Madamber – Level 80 Guardian
Guild Leader of TSL (www.shadowlegion.net)

in WvW

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I think ESP made a decent showing in mags BL. Goons proved problematic several times, and there was some DB harasser-squad stalking us it seemed. All in all, plenty of fun until I had to go to work.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Laii.2780

Terminator Yak doesn’ approve of the harming of innocent Yaks, there will be VENGEANCE~! :’3

Attachments:

in WvW

kerona.3465

Terminator Yak doesn’ approve of the harming of innocent Yaks, there will be VENGEANCE~! :’3

This score update was mildly acceptable.

I’d give it a B-.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Great fights tonight on DB BL – excellent job by all, especially our Commanders. Here’s some footage of our brave TC forces repelling a DB attack on northern Hills Keep!

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: ribuld.6790

ribuld.6790

I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Same stale kitten every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

I hope Friday night hasn’t been an indicator of the week as we never found any skirmishes and finally joined in with commanders just to have a chance of a fair fight. That PINK/PiNK/Pink (whatever it is) guild hawking QL, Danelon, etc early on was just a big ole zerg bag farming DB.

I really wish there was a tier full of DB sized servers. I like the no queues and skirmish fighting but that system simply doesn’t work well against TC sized servers it seems.

We had 2 15 man tactical squads on EB working alongside TV, please do not insult our guild by calling us a zerg. That said I personally managed 280 badges for the time we were running as a guild.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I hope Friday night hasn’t been an indicator of the week as we never found any skirmishes and finally joined in with commanders just to have a chance of a fair fight. That PINK/PiNK/Pink (whatever it is) guild hawking QL, Danelon, etc early on was just a big ole zerg bag farming DB.

I really wish there was a tier full of DB sized servers. I like the no queues and skirmish fighting but that system simply doesn’t work well against TC sized servers it seems.

We had 2 15 man tactical squads on EB working alongside TV, please do not insult our guild by calling us a zerg. That said I personally managed 280 badges for the time we were running as a guild.

Three groups a “tactical squad.” Sounds like another week of wvw not worth playing.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ribuld.6790

ribuld.6790

Yeah it must have been real kittening hard.

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

In case no one got it, that was sarcasm and a reference to the TC/FA/CD match-up threads.

in WvW

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

So far, so good! I’ve been having fun in the DB BL, with DB putting up spirited defenses at their garrison and that one tower in the west, and my build tweaking is happening at a glorious rate as I run into this and that, people trying to kill me, or something.

PARTY ON

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

I hope Friday night hasn’t been an indicator of the week as we never found any skirmishes and finally joined in with commanders just to have a chance of a fair fight.

It’ll die down some after the weekend when everybody has work and stuff, usually does.

Also, we do Fight Clubs, which sounds like something Mags and DB are into as well, and I’m sure some ~5v5 type skirmishes could arranged if you guys want. Bring that up whenever the Fight Club planning starts, I’m sure you’ll have takers.

That PINK/PiNK/Pink (whatever it is) guild hawking QL, Danelon, etc early on was just a big ole zerg bag farming DB.

PiNK. They’ll be tough, they’ve been squaring off against HB (one of Europe’s best PvP guilds), among others, the past few weeks. Keep working at it, nobody’s invincible, and siege can be the great equalizer.

I think there are, but it seems the problem is the Glicko system tends toward stability rather than volatility, making movement among tiers difficult. At least one detailed thread about that .

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I’ll keep fighting on, but honestly this match doesn’t even feel fun to play- literally every time I’ve fought, its been against TC outnumbering us 3 to 1.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Keep in mind everything in WvW is relative. Vs fully stacked servers like SoR, BG, and KN that’s not a zerg, but it very much can be in other contexts.

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Only 2 hours till our SEA presence shows up in full force. Must keep WvWing but body failing me. Goodluck to those in Db for the next two hours.

Skapocalypse/SkaP