3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Icelut.3509

Icelut.3509

To all those fairweather players that showed up last week to make sure we ended up back in Tier 3 thanks a whole lot. Where are you now?

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Mag BL tonight had a queue bug, I think. We had probably 40 Legion players in TC BL, and enough randoms to make a queue, and when I heard Mag BL was outmanned, I tried to move over the 40 Legion, but we only got about 10 in… and had 30 total players on Mag BL while DB had the same number but had the outmanned buff… so TC had at least double us, probably 60+, and we just gave up.

I don’t know what happened in eternal, but after Legion left TC, that quickly went to kitten. Came back an hour or two later to try to take some keeps, got on the lord room of three different keeps with only PYRO, and would get zerged down at the last second. 15 vs 30 I can do… 15 vs 40+ hurts.

Anyways, could we stop with the off-topic/probably copyright infringing cartoons?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

We had 2 15 man tactical squads on EB working alongside TV, please do not insult our guild by calling us a zerg.

Keep in mind everything in WvW is relative. Vs fully stacked servers like SoR, BG, and KN that’s not a zerg, but it very much can be in other contexts.

Deyja was just trolling, it was a reference to when months ago FA would call their zergs “5 man tactical squads” to make themselves sound better.

Mag and DB that were in EB today, don’t feel to disheartened, PiNK routinely butted heads with some of the top guilds in NA every week in tier 2. We were originally cannon fodder for guilds like HB when we first moved into T2, but learnt from our failures and improved, and now we’re a force to be reckoned with.

We’re mostly in zerg v zerg builds and gear, with the experience to back it up. If your guilds have any questions related to open field fights, feel free to ask in the thread.

Checking out some youtube videos from tier 1 and 2 is always good for getting ideas.

And PiNK’s group was sitting at about 30 – 45 people during NA primetime as well.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

(edited by Zynthetic.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Had a pretty good time tonight. I’m likin’ Dragonbrand as an opponent.

Ran into two red portals tonight, expecting to pass through them… which, of course, I did not.

I’ll probably do that 3-4 more times before I readjust.

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

TC = Masters of html, photoshop, and Care Bears!

Masters, you say?! Shucks, we’re just getting started. But thanks for the props!

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

in WvW

Posted by: Hygeria.9538

Hygeria.9538

I think it could do without any attempted humor if you’re making score updates, fellow TC. (my opinion, but, it just sounds too cheesey when we’re not the losers anymore)
As far as scores go this week, it should merely be for those who wanna know the current PPT at a certain time frame if they aren’t on, etc.
Otherwise, this week will be slow for all of us. TC may hear a lot of complaints of huge zergs (on behalf of PiNK, but just imagine fighting HB, then we’ll talk), but try to get in some good fights every now and then throughout the week.
We’ll all look forward to what kind of guilds/forces you guys have and what can be learned, should you find us slacking in our defenses.
Good luck to all of you.

Some random [TCLU] guy.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ElDudemeister.5108

ElDudemeister.5108

This thread combines two of my favorite things … Dragonbrand WvW and grumpycat.

It’s going to be a fine week!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I hope Friday night hasn’t been an indicator of the week as we never found any skirmishes and finally joined in with commanders just to have a chance of a fair fight.

It’ll die down some after the weekend when everybody has work and stuff, usually does.

Also, we do Fight Clubs, which sounds like something Mags and DB are into as well, and I’m sure some ~5v5 type skirmishes could arranged if you guys want. Bring that up whenever the Fight Club planning starts, I’m sure you’ll have takers.

That PINK/PiNK/Pink (whatever it is) guild hawking QL, Danelon, etc early on was just a big ole zerg bag farming DB.

PiNK. They’ll be tough, they’ve been squaring off against HB (one of Europe’s best PvP guilds), among others, the past few weeks. Keep working at it, nobody’s invincible, and siege can be the great equalizer.

I really wish there was a tier full of DB sized servers. I like the no queues and skirmish fighting but that system simply doesn’t work well against TC sized servers it seems.

I think there are, but it seems the problem is the Glicko system tends toward stability rather than volatility, making movement among tiers difficult. At least one detailed thread about that .

Looking forward to fight club lets hope you got some solid players…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

Rolling into Pang (the last point on the map that wasn’t green) earlier with my zerg at my back I took a shot from a lone Maguuma defender on a ballista next to the supply stack. You got smashed hard by the zerg but you are in my opinion the very best of players. Some people bring a special attitude to the game and tonight you brought it.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kranky.8231)

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I like servers that run around in zergballs instead of splitting up even when they own most everything across the maps. Little fishies are afraid they might get caught alone and have an accidental pvp experience.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I like servers that run around in zergballs instead of splitting up even when they own most everything across the maps. Little fishies are afraid they might get caught alone and have an accidental pvp experience.

Glad you feel this way about the match!

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Otherwise, this week will be slow for all of us. TC may hear a lot of complaints of huge zergs (on behalf of PiNK, but just imagine fighting HB, then we’ll talk)

When we fought HB they were running much smaller groups than PiNK has been able to in all of our previous matches. Did they mass recruit or merge recently?

in WvW

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

Great fights with NNK/ROC tonight in EB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

• raisins vs chocolate chips – go!

I actually only like a few types of cookies. White chocolate macadamia is probably at the top of the list, followed closely by peanut butter. Pumpkin cookies are also pretty good. I don’t like raisins and chocolate chip is frankly boring. I tend to be the same way about ice cream as well, as my favorite is nearly impossible to find: green mint. Most green mint ice cream has chocolate chips thrown into it, and the chocolate overpowers the mint flavor (which is disappointing).

Anyway my favorite ice cream topping is a handful of gummy bears, especially this brand: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Gbears.jpg . Haribo’s bears are fine and good, but Taste of Nature brand Care Bears are where it’s at.

When we fought HB they were running much smaller groups than PiNK has been able to in all of our previous matches. Did they mass recruit or merge recently?

HB has somewhere around 100 or so members right now. You can visit their website here if you’re interested in applying to join them.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Terminator Yak doesn’ approve of the harming of innocent Yaks, there will be VENGEANCE~! :’3

lol that photo is hilarious! well done!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

ParaldaWind.4523

Mag BL tonight had a queue bug, I think.

Same with DBBL.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

ParaldaWind.4523

Same with DBBL.

ArenaNet still hasn’t really acknowledged this as something that happens, so if possible in the future try to take as many notes about the surrounding circumstance as possible (that’s directed at everyone). Maybe they’ll find something in that feedback to fix the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

ParaldaWind.4523

Same with DBBL.

What worked for us is telling folks to zone out of WvW before they left for the night. We noticed that people would remain as ghosts on the map long after they logged out if they just camped from WvW. Having them zone out before they logged seemed to help a bit with the bug issue.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

ParaldaWind.4523

Same with DBBL.

What worked for us is telling folks to zone out of WvW before they left for the night. We noticed that people would remain as ghosts on the map long after they logged out if they just camped from WvW. Having them zone out before they logged seemed to help a bit with the bug issue.

A friend of mine often pops up as playing GW2 when he’s on Steam even when he’s been idle for hours. It’s possible that the game is just randomly launching or has odd background processes that incorrectly flag you as logged in… or it’s possible that my friend’s installation of Steam is just messed up.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

HB has somewhere around 100 or so members right now. You can visit their website here if you’re interested in applying to join them.

Actually I think that is a Danish football club. xD
They do have a website and I’ve followed Smokee’s videos for a long time. Just never saw groups of 30+ HB in videos or in person when we fought HB, in comparison to 30-40 man PiNK groups. I would consider applying but they are on Blackgate, I’ve been hoping they would come to FA to fill our EU coverage gap haha..

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Actually I think that is a Danish football club. xD
They do have a website and I’ve followed Smokee’s videos for a long time. Just never saw groups of 30+ HB in videos or in person when we fought HB, in comparison to 30-40 man PiNK groups. I would consider applying but they are on Blackgate, I’ve been hoping they would come to FA to fill our EU coverage gap haha..

When you are as good as HB your zergs look twice as big as they really are. True story!

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

For those who think that only numbers matter (it helps a lot, definitely, I’m not arguing that. Just pointing something else out), we can assure you that it’s not always the case. HB showed us that 20 people can wipe a 45+ man zerg with superior tactics, we’ve tried to emulate it as close as best we can, but we learned from them and add on to it what we feel is best for our group of people. Our people also add in other ideas that threw good BG guilds off guard and got them to up their game. Sure, we lost a lot to them, but I can guarantee that we left a lot tougher than we went in having learned a lot.

A lot of guilds were hardened due to HB and other great BG guilds, and trust me… there’s more to ZergVsZerg than just amassing numbers and throwing them at each other. Some tactics left me laying there dead to BG laughing and saying “wow, that was just great, that was an awesome strategy!”

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

TC = Masters of html, photoshop, and Care Bears!

Thank you! We do have some rather talented artists in our ranks. Appreciate your noticing.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

What the…. I don’t even….

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Score update please.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

crystal.5930

Mag BL tonight had a queue bug, I think. We had probably 40 Legion players in TC BL, and enough randoms to make a queue, and when I heard Mag BL was outmanned, I tried to move over the 40 Legion, but we only got about 10 in… and had 30 total players on Mag BL while DB had the same number but had the outmanned buff… so TC had at least double us, probably 60+, and we just gave up.

Yeah, the MGBL queue was messed up. It filled up almost immediately. I finally got in probably close to an hour later (I’m guessing on the time. I didn’t really keep track.) only to have the map crash. Then I queued up again and eventually got back in. During that time, a person I was teamed with never got in. I got in twice in the time it took them to eventually join, which was quite a while later.

Anyways, could we stop with the off-topic/probably copyright infringing cartoons?

Whether or not they’re copyright infringing depends on the laws of the country these forums are governed by. Under U.S. law, not infringing. Sadly, at least in the U.S. that doesn’t stop companies from using the power of their name and the fear it can evoke to bully individuals and smaller organizations, all the time, into not engaging in the Fair Use of their media. But I digress. Back to the WvW talk!

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

crystal.5930

Here you go, Divine. Sorry it’s so boring, but my breakfast is waiting for me. No time for the artz (and we still have queues so I can’t get in and give you a map update).

Attachments:

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Map update, for anyone who still wants to keep track I guess

Attachments:

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Raddimus.2057

Raddimus.2057

Anyone seen DB?? I’m on the server are we done doing WvW??

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Terminator Yak doesn’ approve of the harming of innocent Yaks, there will be VENGEANCE~! :’3

Sooo much win on this one. Awesome picture.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: percival.1934

percival.1934

ty TFV for the fight today. having a blast @ dbbl ! defending hills for like 2 hours or so

Einclad – Tarnished Coast
Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

in WvW

Posted by: Zjuu.5431

Zjuu.5431

Thank you fellow coasters for these fun score updates!

Ill never get bored watching those

Zudoari

in WvW

crystal.5930

Dragonbrand, I am really enjoying encountering your small, roaming groups, even when you beat me like a rented mule. I should just make “Worst WvW Mesmer” part of my sig and own the title. In all seriousness though, whether I win or lose those skirmishes, I think I can learn a lot from you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: wispi.2194

wispi.2194

Weekends are always our lowest representation.

Wispi of Dragonbrand (since headstart), Guild: Elephant Ambush [EA], 80 Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Raddimus.2057

Raddimus.2057

Weekends are always our lowest representation.

last night at like 3am est was great and i get on today and its just bad.

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Out of curiosity, how do we compare to FA?

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

ParaldaWind.4523

Same with DBBL.

A friend of mine often pops up as playing GW2 when he’s on Steam even when he’s been idle for hours. It’s possible that the game is just randomly launching or has odd background processes that incorrectly flag you as logged in… or it’s possible that my friend’s installation of Steam is just messed up.

Since a couple patches ago, the game has stopped closing properly, and the process has sat there running.

Do you Treb West keep for 5 hours at a time?

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

zastari.1730

Twice the numbers and half the skill at PvP.

I’m glad [ONI] xferred to TC so that I could get some good duels. The rest of TC is so bad I get annoyed if I lose a 1v3.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sarasti.2453

Sarasti.2453

Do you Treb West keep for 5 hours at a time?

Last week we trebbed TCBL Bay from the garrison almost 24/7.

Ha, you haven’t seen my mesmer :P She’s 1/5 the skill but 2x the cuteness.

Sarâsti, level 80 charr mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

Thanks for the honest criticism! Looks like we’ll need to up our game. Any particular tactics you think we need to work on?

Lucky we have the numbers, lol!

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

in WvW

OutspokenAardvark.9781

I’m glad [ONI] xferred to TC so that I could get some good duels. The rest of TC is so bad I get annoyed if I lose a 1v3.

Which map were you on last night? [DIS] would love to clash steel with you. (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, GvG, whatever)

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

zastari.1730

Thanks for the honest criticism! Looks like we’ll need to up our game. Any particular tactics you think we need to work on?

Lucky we have the numbers, lol!

Learn how to play your classes and don’t run with bad glass cannon PvE builds lol!

Which map were you on last night? [DIS] would love to clash steel with you. (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, GvG, whatever)

DBBL and then Mag BL. I ran into [DIS] a lot but it was usually one of me and 15 of you. I am game for 1v1s any time. I’m a purple-haired, purple-eyed asura shatter mesmer.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Pantless score update

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

crystal.5930

Pantless score update

Excellent. Love the hair color.

in WvW

OutspokenAardvark.9781

DBBL and then Mag BL. I ran into [DIS] a lot but it was usually one of me and 15 of you. I am game for 1v1s any time. I’m a purple-haired, purple-eyed asura shatter mesmer.

We have large organized pushes where we field 40-70 and then during off hours we are roamers in groups from 1-10 looking for good fights. We also run a Fight Club guild where we invite frequent duelers so we can organized large scale duels. If this sounds interesting to anyone on DB/MAG please let us know!

I’m also game for any 1v1’s. I’m a black and purple Sylvari thief with two Incinerators.

Rhyme – Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by OutspokenAardvark.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

You may have spies sabotaging your supply. Last week a spy group infiltrated TC and right after we got SM for like the first time ever in T2, they used all the supply to build about 30 superior flame rams in the middle of the third floor of SM. Needless to say, we didn’t hold it long.

Pretty much any time I see flame rams in the open or other siege placement blatantly useless even to WvW noobs, my first suspicion is spies.

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Since a couple patches ago, the game has stopped closing properly, and the process has sat there running.

Hey thanks, I didn’t know about that. I’ll pass it on to him.

(edited by Kerithlan.1659)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

You may have spies sabotaging your supply. Last week a spy group infiltrated TC and right after we got SM for like the first time ever in T2, they used all the supply to build about 30 superior flame rams in the middle of the third floor of SM. Needless to say, we didn’t hold it long.

Pretty much any time I see flame rams in the open or other siege placement blatantly useless even to WvW noobs, my first suspicion is spies.

You obviously never played us before.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Welcome to Maguuma Forum

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Please introduce yourselves in the introduction thread.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

(edited by kerona.3465)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I was informed there would be Enterprise. Resource. Playin… um. Training Sessions for short, graciously hosted by TC on this thread.

As I have found none of the aforementioned sessions, and an additional number of vicious and disturbing cartoon images, I am requesting compensation for this deception in the form of a worthy shrine (of at minimum, 5 pieces) to it’s majesty, The Great Lord Flame Ram or this one Maguuman shall find the thread entirely unfit for reading!

Acceptable guidelines for posting images of ram shrines:
1. Please do not have rams placed at a gate (that is not a shrine).
2. Please be using the #2 skill on at least 1 ram as proof of respect.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube