3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

magummas biggest downfall is our guys cant get off the forums talking crap

this pretty much sums up everything.

yeah our biggest downfall is literally hundreds of people from maguuma on the forums instead of in wvw

this coming from the king of talking crap himself

No. What happens is the trolls get under some folks skin and it winds up making their entire server a target. Given a choice of targeting a friendly server or targeting one that has people saying nasty things, it follows the latter would be more appealing. It’s human nature.

What happens on the forums does indeed translate in game.

I know a few of our folks were quite motivated after reading some of the posts in this thread, but perhaps that’s the point of the trolling — to get the fights going after them. There’s one fellow on (not to be named T1 server) that does this deliberately because he wants an entire server coming after his guild. He thinks it makes the fights better. That’s his prerogative, as it is anyone’s choice. But it winds up making the whole server deal with the fallout.

You’re missing the context here that Bunzy was one of the trash talking trolls against other servers for a long time until we made fun of him enough that he started hating our server and started trash talking us instead. I for one do not care about any 2v1 in terms of servers, and even if it was just TC focusing on us the player ratio basically is 2v1 anyway.

If you think that is the reason I have a problem with Maguuma you are clearly mistaken and do not understand me at all.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

It’s because Nurse left him for a better PvPer

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I’d like to believe those posts are a masterful troll and all the spelling/grammar mistakes are part of it, but after talking to him in game and seeing him dying repeatedly, I just can’t.

The dream is dead.

Agreed

yeah our biggest downfall is literally hundreds of people from maguuma on the forums instead of in wvw

No. What happens is the trolls get under some folks skin and it winds up making their entire server a target. Given a choice of targeting a friendly server or targeting one that has people saying nasty things, it follows the latter would be more appealing. It’s human nature.

I know a few of our folks were quite motivated after reading some of the posts in this thread, but perhaps that’s the point of the trolling — to get the fights going after them. There’s one fellow on (not to be named T1 server) that does this deliberately because he wants an entire server coming after his guild. He thinks it makes the fights better. That’s his prerogative, as it is anyone’s choice. But it winds up making the whole server deal with the fallout.

You’re missing the context here that Bunzy was one of the trash talking trolls against other servers for a long time until we made fun of him enough that he started hating our server and started trash talking us instead. I for one do not care about any 2v1 in terms of servers, and even if it was just TC focusing on us the player ratio basically is 2v1 anyway.

If you think that is the reason I have a problem with Maguuma you are clearly mistaken and do not understand me at all.

You’re right, I really don’t understand how a person could be so egotistical and I never will

It’s because Nurse left him for a better PvPer

Nurse…and Lani

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Even Maguuma doesn’t like Maguuma.

In case for some odd reason you don’t know, he is trolling.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I’d like to believe those posts are a masterful troll and all the spelling/grammar mistakes are part of it, but after talking to him in game and seeing him dying repeatedly, I just can’t.

The dream is dead.

Agreed

You’re right, I really don’t understand how a person could be so egotistical and I never will

You are still not getting it…

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

saiyr.3071

im sry i don’t have multiple degrees i don’t understand this stuff

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I am having fun fight TC. Thank you. That is all

Just want to say that DB fights incredibly hard and well even when clearly outnumbered, and then dominate in ruthless fashion when you do pull the numbers. Last night was brutal.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Well played TC, we almost beat you

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Thanks maguuma for the great fights at northern camp, was a lot of great back and forth.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Thanks maguuma for the great fights at northern camp, was a lot of great back and forth.

How many of us did you kill, I heard that’s what we were doing instead of defending NE tower :v

in WvW

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819:

magummas biggest downfall is our guys cant get off the forums talking crap..

when i said this.. i wasnt saying that this was a problem that i had with magummma. i was just saying that we are very good at making the other 2 servers team up and work against us.

just like in the forum. it is not a 3 way conversation. it is other people vs mag.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Well played TC, we almost beat you

lmao What a bunch of try-hards.
Little do they know, they could have just used 1 ram.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

saiyr.3071

TC 102825 +430
DB 49772 +145
Mag 29026 +120

in WvW

Niim.9260

How many of us did you kill, I heard that’s what we were doing instead of defending NE tower :v

One or two

If we noticed TC was attacking that tower we would have pulled off and helped hit them, but we didnt

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

shonefob.7091

Good thing you’d never complain about DB on these forums and go straight to the DB forums…ohh wait looks two pages back ohh would you look at that. 2 posts in a row with three pictures one of a commander complaining and not discussing it on the DB forums? Someone say hypocrite?

Yeah … ::looks 2 tabs back:: (3 tabs now) – All I see are 2 score updates… ::looks back a few tabs:: and a bit of sarcasm and um… not much else really.

::edit:: – I noted on the comments the ‘sarcasm’ to point it out for those without a sense of humor.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

One or two

If we noticed TC was attacking that tower we would have pulled off and helped hit them, but we didnt

;_; AoN killed magbl

I think everyone had left by then anyway so it didn’t matter in the end, see my previous screenshot :v

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Oh man that is really confusing that it just moves the answer post up to the top instead of having it be a copy

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Yeah it confused me for a bit too because it takes it out of the actual thread stream… but once replaced by another score, it puts it back.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Too bad since last patch Ive been lagging so bad ingame I cant even use autoattack let alone ANY skills. Doubt it will get fixed cause I loved the amount of killing we were doing reset night. Now Im gonna miss out on so much killing unless Anet fixes it. If you guys think forum trash talk is bad now… my story adventures would make you cry endlessly.

I love your story adventures.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: CommanderJadon.7205

CommanderJadon.7205

I don’t normally come to the forums, but when I do, I mean what I say.

Maguuma peeps on MABL earlier today, it was a lot of fun. You guys kept giving a lot of effort and kept the fights coming, even though we had a massively strong 60+ group at times that hit you with the unfortunate effects of lucky timing, culling, and amazing scouts. I would like to compliment on how aggressively, and successfully you held the north camp, despite the whole force of the map up there.

I would also like to compliment how you adjusted. We were lucky to remain flexible and fast, we could defend one thing, clean up, then move fast to the next, but you changed it up and ended up hitting many things at once. We lost many towers and even hills keep a few times.

Another compliment I wanted to give was how you defended water gate at garrison. We had 60+ people hit it all at once, with I believe at least 5 golems, and even though it was semi random (I had 35 golems in my invo at the time and knew we had 600 supply) when we hit garrison, it was a major attack and you responded and were ready with a ton of siege. We even prepared for your charge out and wiped a huge portion of your forces, but in the end we were COMPLETELY wiped by the epic rain of arrows.

I’ll end by saying I was the guardian PiNK commander that was leading on the map for the majority of the day. My hats off to you for your well earned victories. Keep it coming, even if this week is rough for you guys, if you keep pushing and trying like you did today, to me it won’t matter what the score is…I will consider you all equals and treat you with respect.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

lmao at the 8 man thief group of TC on our bl. grats you killed an elementalist and spammed emotes after. it was 1v1 but the spam of thieves just had to be called in for backup.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Niim.9260

…if you keep pushing and trying like you did today, to me it won’t matter what the score is…I will consider you all equals and treat you with respect.

Why can you not just post a compliment and leave it at that? This is not necessary and comes across as condescending, not only that but you phrased it like it is a carrot that they can get as a reward if they try hard enough. If that was the goal, then I recommend offering them a scooby snack, they will value it more.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Trajiki.2490

Trajiki.2490

To the ranger from Hidden Sins [ONI] I think it was that I fought outside TC BL at the DB spawn, great duels!

in WvW

Posted by: CommanderJadon.7205

CommanderJadon.7205

Niim, you misunderstand me. I have been playing on Tarnished Coast since beta, and have been commanding on it that whole time. We were not always well off. We had our fair share of the odds, of losses, and to put it bluntly, complete shut outs. I know how it can feel, really, I do lol. Yet we kept pushing, and learning, and trying, and coming back every time…I share an understanding of the situation. I only stated it that way because I personally, do not extend any respect unless earned. I do not look down on anyone. There is an unfortunate fact that many of your server present a bad image for you…I wanted to extend a chance for at least one person on the other side to not have that image or opinion, and probably mirror the thoughts of others on the other servers. Trolls are trolls, we all know they shouldn’t give a real image of a server, but it happens. I wanted to remind those that are upset with the bad apples of their server, that they can still give a good impression by their actions in the field, which today they did for me.

If I was wrong in doing so, you are welcome to ignore what I have said, but people will see what they want to see from whatever comment I might make, as is their right.

I also would like to say I AM an enemy on the field. I would rather have good fights throughout the week doing what I love, and it is apparently Maguuma (and Dragonbrand) have a LOT of good fights to give. I love them, thus I ask for them.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

How this matchup has been for me- Try to flip a camp with 3 people, TC portal bombs with at least 15. Whatever, wipe, try again at the next camp – TC rolls by with at least 10 people.
There’s just TC EVERYWHERE, it feels like it’s not even worth trying to play this week. I hope TC leaves this tier and never ever comes back to it – Sowwie TC, but you don’t belong here.

Folks need to accept that T3 is going to be this way and adapt and enjoy it, or transfer off. We either get TC with lots of numbers, or FA with lots of numbers and that may not change for awhile. Learn to play around the numbers and you will enjoy your experience more.

actually before tc moved up,Tc steamrolled everyone for weeks.So Maguma and DB,this is how FA was when we moved to tier3 and met tc for the first time.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It’s easy to be egotistical when you really are better than everyone else.

But I do think Maguuma is infact more skilled overall than the majority of servers. It’s just a natural result of being a near permanent underdog. Our zerg guilds go head to head with the other servers’ “tactical squads.” Our semi zerg guilds are better than other servers’ roaming guilds. And our roaming guilds are still looking for a challenge.

:p

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Niim.9260

Niim, you misunderstand me. I have been playing on Tarnished Coast since beta, and have been commanding on it that whole time. We were not always well off. We had our fair share of the odds, of losses, and to put it bluntly, complete shut outs. I know how it can feel, really, I do lol. Yet we kept pushing, and learning, and trying, and coming back every time…I share an understanding of the situation. I only stated it that way because I personally, do not extend any respect unless earned. I do not look down on anyone. There is an unfortunate fact that many of your server present a bad image for you…I wanted to extend a chance for at least one person on the other side to not have that image or opinion, and probably mirror the thoughts of others on the other servers. Trolls are trolls, we all know they shouldn’t give a real image of a server, but it happens. I wanted to remind those that are upset with the bad apples of their server, that they can still give a good impression by their actions in the field, which today they did for me.

If I was wrong in doing so, you are welcome to ignore what I have said, but people will see what they want to see from whatever comment I might make, as is their right.

I also would like to say I AM an enemy on the field. I would rather have good fights throughout the week doing what I love, and it is apparently Maguuma (and Dragonbrand) have a LOT of good fights to give. I love them, thus I ask for them.

As I said, just end it at the compliment, drop your last paragraph and your compliment will be received better.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

Good thing you’d never complain about DB on these forums and go straight to the DB forums…ohh wait looks two pages back ohh would you look at that. 2 posts in a row with three pictures one of a commander complaining and not discussing it on the DB forums? Someone say hypocrite?

Yeah … ::looks 2 tabs back:: (3 tabs now) – All I see are 2 score updates… ::looks back a few tabs:: and a bit of sarcasm and um… not much else really.

::edit:: – I noted on the comments the ‘sarcasm’ to point it out for those without a sense of humor.

So your pictures were deleted just like my comment was. Still does not mean you did not post 3 pictures saying things like “I quit dragonbrand” And pointing the camera straight at a commander taking supply from hills and posting them here. But considering they are gone I guess this disagreement is pointless and im just gonna drop it and move on.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Evalana is always welcome on Mag. Our commanders never take supply from hills!

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

Haha im not saying it wasn’t wrong nor am I saying at all that she is a bad commander. Just stating the same thing she did it did not need to be posted here.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

It’s an honor for Mag to welcome a transfer. Believe me.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Not quite the spot I’m used to, but thanks for all the fun duels!

Attachments:

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Oh, you mean those things I posted for like 5 mins and then took down because in retrospect I felt I shouldn’t have – and no one said anything to me prior to me taking them down? Yeah. I posted a screenshot of like 10 catapults that someone threw down after we took Hills… and then a follow up of them de-spawning because they were never built – commenting that if we are just going to throw money away to send it to me because I could use it for upgrades?

Yeah, I removed those literally 5 mins after I put them up. But thanks for noticing! =)

in WvW

Evalana.5480

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

<3333

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

<3333

Friend of yours? I didn’t have the heart to attack him.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Hehe, silly billy, I’m not in EA anymore… but it probably is a friend of mine nonetheless – Thanks for not attacking him!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

So just a thought I was having, if Mag is so convinced they are amazing I’d like to see at least 1 video of them wiping groups instead of them just talking. (I’d hope one person would at least be able to) I know we have a few in TV who are going to start recording all of our stuff mostly for our own benefit but all this “We wiped you X times and you never wiped us” talk just seems silly from what I’ve experienced so far seeing as I had 500+ kills on Saturday on an upleveled guardian with no elite and I’m already starting his 2nd stack of badges at level 29 I’m just tossing this up here in a hope to see some video’s by Mag and DB since it’s always nice to see the opposite side of the field yours truly a humble TC player.

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in WvW

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

TC what happened to bay in Mag borderlands T.T? now shoo away form our side
DB forum warriors shall rise…..I advocate Evlana my leader

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

So just a thought I was having, if Mag is so convinced they are amazing I’d like to see at least 1 video of them wiping groups instead of them just talking. (I’d hope one person would at least be able to) I know we have a few in TV who are going to start recording all of our stuff mostly for our own benefit but all this “We wiped you X times and you never wiped us” talk just seems silly from what I’ve experienced so far seeing as I had 500+ kills on Saturday on an upleveled guardian with no elite and I’m already starting his 2nd stack of badges at level 29 I’m just tossing this up here in a hope to see some video’s by Mag and DB since it’s always nice to see the opposite side of the field yours truly a humble TC player.

Here’s is the super talented Kaineng!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Guyj1o3mT5k

Notice on the youtube comments that DB claims to have done this to them too.

[SU]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

This “video or it didn’t happen” is strangely reminiscent of one of our guilds who called everyone who claimed to wipe them liars and asked for video proof.

Look Evalana, your server mates can’t even spell your name right. Come to Maguuma instead.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I think I dissected this run-on sentence properly but I don’t recall anyone saying they never died.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Gabriel Of Guire.9056

Gabriel Of Guire.9056

In response to Lenador.1436 about Mag bay…not sure but 8 minutes after your post its mine again….

in WvW

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Look Evalana, your server mates can’t even spell your name right. Come to Maguuma instead.

Q.Q “Evlana” dont let him bully me like that you know im slow and illiterate

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

In response to Lenador.1436 about Mag bay…not sure but 8 minutes after your post its mine again….

TC skillfully built DB golems and attacked EK.

in WvW

Posted by: Gabriel Of Guire.9056

Gabriel Of Guire.9056

Nope that was another bl…

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Nope that was another bl…

No I was definitely talking about Maguuma BL.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Our second problem is people are under the illusion that maguuma is more skilled then other servers.

My experience with this server is while their is some skilled players most people are below average. The average Maguuman is afraid to fight the enemy and will often run away or not even engage them, especially when fighting skilled enemies.

There really isn’t any guild besides [OG] that I would feel safe placing my confidence in for being able to fend for themselves. The individual skill of the other guilds on Maguuma is extremely lacking.

Can you transfer already so that [D|ERP] can mop you up in a 5v5?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Good duels behind DBBL south camp, many skilled players!

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I ran into you earlier on Mag BL, that was an awesome fight and I hope there’s a chance for a rematch

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

I ran into you earlier on Mag BL, that was an awesome fight and I hope there’s a chance for a rematch

Oh, we are still here