I wasn’t being serious.

[SU]

3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I wasn’t being serious.

Well, neither was I.
An argument about whether or not a single character is out of place in someone’s name is hardly a serious conversation.

Why do you think I’d opted not to point it out myself in the first place? :P

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I feel like the only solo roamer out here! Where are you fellow lonewolfs? – if you see some pink engi with the FUZZ tag, feel free to say hi/kill me/dance on my corpse.

I roam solo pretty much the bulk of my time in WvW. But I won’t dance on your corpse if we meet and I kill you. I will, however, bow.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I am pretty sure we could think of names where missing or incorrectly places characters could drastically be of some importance. Unfortunately, I believe that if we did this the mods would have a field day with their infraction buttons.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

And there were multiple threads on the forums TC had asking for transfers. Your server opened its arms out wide to attract numbers. It is what it is. If your people only cared to win Wv3 by volume of participants then TC has done well for itself when you are scaled back to T3. Not so well at higher tiers.

Clearly what you don’t understand (or do, but are deciding to just be facitious), is that recruitment is about filling in gaps in coverage which we certainly do have. T1 & T2 we got broken on because we didn’t have people around during certain time slots, it has nothing to do with winning by numbers.

I think it doesn’t matter what anyone says or how valid it is, you guys seem to want to formulate your own stubborn opinions and act like you have some higher ground, that’s fine because that’s a pretty small molehill you’re standing on in the first place.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in WvW

Posted by: casirons.2568

casirons.2568

Any one else have the song Hakuna Matata stuck in their head but keep transposing the word Hakuna with Maguuna?

There’s a player named Hackuuna Matata on Maguuma.

What a wonderful name

It means no worries.

Oh now this will last forever.

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I feel like the only solo roamer out here! Where are you fellow lonewolfs? – if you see some pink engi with the FUZZ tag, feel free to say hi/kill me/dance on my corpse.

I roam solo pretty much the bulk of my time in WvW. But I won’t dance on your corpse if we meet and I kill you. I will, however, bow.

Sometimes I feel insulted by the bow. It’s like saying, “Good fight. But you aren’t even worth an attempt to grief with a good ole corpse dance.”

Granted I am a measily glass cannon ele currently, and that sort of set up is not really small scale battle worthy… But still… I want to be corpse danced like the other kids…

[SU]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Sometimes I feel insulted by the bow. It’s like saying, “Good fight. But you aren’t even worth an attempt to grief with a good ole corpse dance.”

Granted I am a measily glass cannon ele currently, and that sort of set up is not really small scale battle worthy… But still… I want to be corpse danced like the other kids…

Ah I tend to see it as “good fight” and that’s it …. the corpse dancing thing to me just feels like rubbing salt in the wound.

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

And there were multiple threads on the forums TC had asking for transfers. Your server opened its arms out wide to attract numbers. It is what it is. If your people only cared to win Wv3 by volume of participants then TC has done well for itself when you are scaled back to T3. Not so well at higher tiers.

Clearly what you don’t understand (or do, but are deciding to just be facitious), is that recruitment is about filling in gaps in coverage which we certainly do have. T1 & T2 we got broken on because we didn’t have people around during certain time slots.

I think it doesn’t matter what anyone says or how valid it is, you guys seem to want to formulate your own stubborn opinions and act like you have some higher ground, that’s fine because that’s a pretty small molehill you’re standing on in the first place.

Actually the molehill you stand on is much smaller than anyone’s from Maguuma. You guys recruited to try to move up tiers and fell flat on your faces in the next tier up. If that was not a valid premise… You guys would have never needed to have recruitment threads on these forums and have been fine with being dealt with whatever cards ended up in your hand.

Maguuma might fall flat when it comes to T3 w/ FA/TC in it. But we did it without actively trying to be the King Cheese of Wv3 servers.

[SU]

(edited by xxxzavulonxxx.8413)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Clearly what you don’t understand (or do, but are deciding to just be facitious), is that recruitment is about filling in gaps in coverage which we certainly do have. T1 & T2 we got broken on because we didn’t have people around during certain time slots.

Actually the molehill you stand on is much smaller than anyone from Maguuma. You guys recruited to try to move up tiers and fell flat on your faces in the next tier up.

Maguuma might fall flat when it comes to T3 w/ FA/TC in it. But we did it without trying.

To be fair, we held our own in T2 for the better part of three months. Granted, we were usually in third spot, getting pounded on by the T1 servers stuck in T2. But we did manage to secure second place for a while there, too.

I love TC. Probably much the same way you love Mags. We are a tenacious bunch. Probably much the same way Mags is.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Not that you’ll respond, but I’m super curious – what class do you roam solo with? My guess is thief or ele.

Yeah, I said I wouldn’t post here, but this made me really curious.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I prefer the kneel

It shows some respect and still allows you to teabag their forehead comfortably. I’m getting older now, so the full squat is tough on the knees.

The bow is still kind of mocking and falls under the dance category for me.

PS I’m visiting from the FA forums because i miss my Maguumanation and their shenanigans. There is a huge love fest going on in the other thread and i needed a dose of reality.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/attachments/off-topic/24169d1285770879-calling-all-nitwits-shenanigans7sy.jpg

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Actually the molehill you stand on is much smaller than anyone’s from Maguuma. You guys recruited to try to move up tiers and fell flat on your faces in the next tier up. If that was not a valid premise… You guys would have never needed to have recruitment threads on these forums and have been fine with being dealt with whatever cards ended up in your hand.

Maguuma might fall flat when it comes to T3 w/ FA/TC in it. But we did it without actively trying to be the King Cheese of Wv3 servers.

You keep trying to bring that up, what exactly do you mean by us falling flat on our face? And where exactly did you get the idea that we’re recruiting to move up from tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

So you are telling me that the non-recruitment thread that Maguuma posted before paid transfers ended that backfired on them is not a factor in allowing Maguuma to move up to T3? I never figured out the real intent behind that thread but there is no denying that either intentionally or unintentionally you guys did get guilds.

As far as TC recruiting. We have had one of the most stable server population in terms of WvWvW. We have had very few guilds come and go from launch. We might have recruited a lot of individual players and there is no way to keep track of that. However, TC has since launch always been one of the most populated servers and therefore by that nature itself had the population to be competitive in T3 without bandwagons.

Now going back to the point about Maguuma zergs consisting of multiple tags and the whole argument about second-class citizens or militia vs guilds etc / training up the militia that the Pyro guy bought up earlier. TC experienced commanders and guilds invest a lot into increasing the knowledge of our militia and our regulars, there is no denying that.

However, if you feel that 20 people from various guilds not on the same VOIP, not understanding each others class compositions, party compositions, each others rotations, having chemistry, having pre-set tactical maneuvers for various scenarios and many many other elements that go into determining successful open-world combat then you seriously must have very low standards for open world success.

Get those 20 people into the same VOIP channel under a good leader and you can accomplish a lot but if you honestly strive to be one of the best at open-world combat it requires a lot of theorycrafting, a lot of practice sessions and a lot of chemistry building which can only be achieved within guild groups. So yes, you sir a mistaken there is a difference between militia and guilds.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

You guys recruited to try to move up tiers and fell flat on your faces in the next tier up.

That’s not quite what happened. We never had any large-scale influx of guilds heading our way, at least none that were even remotely comparable to what other high-tier servers got. I can recall only a handful of guilds ever transferring to TC, really. We -do- have a glaring hole in coverage that kept us from being a real contender in T2, which we tried to fill via that recruitment posting, but that was all. TC is a lot of things, but it’s really not a bandwagon server.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Candir.5608

Candir.5608

Good fights in EB last night. We were running around between OL on Mag’s side and QL/Durios on DB side all night. Fun fights.

Candyyr – Warrior – Commander
[DIS] – Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

I bandwagonned onto TC about 3 weeks ago for the yaks, the RP, and the general sense of light-hearted fun. I’ve been on T1 servers and while they have a lot of people, it generally felt too serious for me.

Thus far I am greatly enjoying TC’s general atmosphere, both inside and out WvW, and enjoying trying various builds and things I haven’t tried in GW2 before.

AIN’T NOTHIN’ BUT A PARTY

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

So just a thought I was having, if Mag is so convinced they are amazing I’d like to see at least 1 video of them wiping groups instead of them just talking. (I’d hope one person would at least be able to) I know we have a few in TV who are going to start recording all of our stuff mostly for our own benefit but all this “We wiped you X times and you never wiped us” talk just seems silly from what I’ve experienced so far seeing as I had 500+ kills on Saturday on an upleveled guardian with no elite and I’m already starting his 2nd stack of badges at level 29 I’m just tossing this up here in a hope to see some video’s by Mag and DB since it’s always nice to see the opposite side of the field yours truly a humble TC player.

As you wish, Mag old schoolers vs Quenta and BT a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2b6fBKokik FA likes to treb from that camp, back and forth with trebs and winds eles for hours and hours and hours.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Yarrrr, ye GOOMA players be a fun bunch o’ scalliwags ‘ta skirmish ’wit. Be lookin ’fer duels if any o’ ye be interested.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Unbroken.3614

Unbroken.3614

I’m terrible at this game. But I’ll take Maguuma’s advice to step up my open field play and apparent willingness to 1v1 to fix that.

Sebastian Winters [DIS] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Unbroken.3614)

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

You guys recruited to try to move up tiers and fell flat on your faces in the next tier up.

That’s not quite what happened. We never had any large-scale influx of guilds heading our way, at least none that were even remotely comparable to what other high-tier servers got. I can recall only a handful of guilds ever transferring to TC, really. We -do- have a glaring hole in coverage that kept us from being a real contender in T2, which we tried to fill via that recruitment posting, but that was all. TC is a lot of things, but it’s really not a bandwagon server.

Yep…DB found that hole this weekend too, lol. I ported into TCBL early Saturday morning and found myself awash in blue.

That said, yeah we tried to recruit. But never got the huge influx of entire guilds. With a couple of exceptions. Most of our recruits come in one or two at time.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

TC, you might be surprised at how friendly we get once you show up to a few fight clubs.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Get those 20 people into the same VOIP channel under a good leader and you can accomplish a lot but if you honestly strive to be one of the best at open-world combat it requires a lot of theorycrafting, a lot of practice sessions and a lot of chemistry building which can only be achieved within guild groups. So yes, you sir a mistaken there is a difference between militia and guilds.

I think the problem is that 90% of the guild groups are not doing any of the stuff in your list, and yet they are not militia. A five man could be doing everything on your list, and yet still be considered militia. The reality is if a decent leader pulled together a pug from different guilds that were known decent players, without practice and without built in chemistry, they would still rock most of the guilded opponents.

Is there a higher potential of skill in a guild group vs pug group, without question, but that skill potential is not realized in most cases and thus the general use of the term militia or pug becomes a point of contention.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

TC, you might be surprised at how friendly we get once you show up to a few fight clubs.

True dat. Must respect goes to winners and even for just participating. Mag has made many of its friends this way.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

So just a thought I was having, if Mag is so convinced they are amazing I’d like to see at least 1 video of them wiping groups instead of them just talking. (I’d hope one person would at least be able to) I know we have a few in TV who are going to start recording all of our stuff mostly for our own benefit but all this “We wiped you X times and you never wiped us” talk just seems silly from what I’ve experienced so far seeing as I had 500+ kills on Saturday on an upleveled guardian with no elite and I’m already starting his 2nd stack of badges at level 29 I’m just tossing this up here in a hope to see some video’s by Mag and DB since it’s always nice to see the opposite side of the field yours truly a humble TC player.

As you wish, Mag old schoolers vs Quenta and BT a few weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2b6fBKokik FA likes to treb from that camp, back and forth with trebs and winds eles for hours and hours and hours.

This video is two months old. It doesn’t reflect current gameplay or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

Even outside of ’em.

One night this weekend one of yours showed up near Aldon’s as a yak carrying fireworks. Hilarity ensued. He was later slaughtered but not until after he’d been appreciated by a good number of TC folk.

Every server has their bad apples and their superstars. I’ve been a part of some amazing fights this matchup. Thanks to both servers for that!

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Now going back to the point about Maguuma zergs consisting of multiple tags and the whole argument about second-class citizens or militia vs guilds etc / training up the militia that the Pyro guy bought up earlier. TC experienced commanders and guilds invest a lot into increasing the knowledge of our militia and our regulars, there is no denying that.

However, if you feel that 20 people from various guilds not on the same VOIP, not understanding each others class compositions, party compositions, each others rotations, having chemistry, having pre-set tactical maneuvers for various scenarios and many many other elements that go into determining successful open-world combat then you seriously must have very low standards for open world success.

To date, I haven’t seen a single guild that our “militia” can’t handle, honestly. As long as we have a good commander and we have a few fights to figure you out, we’re able to go head to head with any organized guild. BT completely steamrolled us the first time we fought FA in recent history for a few times, but we figured them out and could go head to head with them and win a respectable amount of times. Ask them yourself, they like fighting our zergs and it’s pretty much never a single guild. The same goes for GODS, RET, and every other large raiding guild from FA (though some of these guilds will deny it).

The sole benefit I see of having more organized guilds is just being able to summon groups of a sufficient size more flexibly rather than hoping we have a good commander at most points in time. Everything else takes a lot of effort and isn’t worth it to most of us. If you feel that makes you superior to us, then oh well. I suppose it’s entirely possible that I’ve missed out on your guilds owning us all in the face because I’ve been playing less and spent most of my time on Maguuma, but I haven’t heard from any others that they were super impressed by any particular guild, either. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, I guess.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

In all honesty how can you expect TC to shine when their main advantage is numbers? Even if you go up against an amazing “organized group” or guild, the fact that they have 20 other people with them is going to drown out their abilities.

And as far as I can see, there are no gimmick guilds so there just really isn’t anything that can shine through on TC.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

i hope that yaks isnt as overpopulated as maguuma…

Quoted from a tier 4 WvW player…. I’m gonna take a good guess though that your abilities were never drowned out even when you have 20 plus players…Cus ya know, stuff…

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

i hope that yaks isnt as overpopulated as maguuma…

Quoted from a tier 4 WvW player…

I hope TC isn’t as overpopulated as Maguuma.

Is that from a CD or EBay player? because that’s the only way they could think we’re overpopulated. No queues during that entire week in T4 other than reset night that I am aware of. Yup, we are so overpopulated.

You’re not very good at this. You’re comparing servers that don’t have the same coverage and population across tiers. You’re essentially saying “well you outnumbered T4” like it’s an actual argument as to why we’re not outnumbering a T2 server. What the christ.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You missed her point entirely, I think. We know we stomped T4 because we had overwhelming numbers on reset night (not really the other days though, look at the score, it was closer than any other tier). The main reason anyone wanted to go back to T4 was because we weren’t sure if our fairweather numbers that brought us to T3 were gone or not (answer: not) and our last T3 match with FA put us pretty much at T4 numbers.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

As I said, that’s from T4…..We barely have any queues as well, but that doesn’t really matter to you guys. We’re as overpopulated to you guys, as you were in T4 eh?

You missed her point entirely, I think. We know we stomped T4 because we had overwhelming numbers on reset night (not really the other days though, look at the score, it was closer than any other tier). The main reason anyone wanted to go back to T4 was because we weren’t sure if our fairweather numbers that brought us to T3 were gone or not (answer: not) and our last T3 match with FA put us pretty much at T4 numbers.

No one was questioning why guys wanted to go back to T4. Your “skills”
didn’t really matter to any of these T4 servers you’ve fought in there eh?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

No, they didn’t. Because all we did was zerg around.

Terrible troll is terrible. And this is coming from the worst of them all.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

As I said, that’s from T4…..We barely have any queues as well, but that doesn’t really matter to you guys. We’re as overpopulated to you guys, as you were in T4 eh?

No one was questioning why guys wanted to go back to T4. Your “skills”
didn’t really matter to any of these T4 servers you’ve fought in there eh?

Okay, I’m confused as to what point you’re trying to make here. Please explain this to me, as I don’t have multiple degrees and am not a smart person.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Don’t worry, we’ll try to get to T2 as fast as possible where we’re not “overpopulated”..

Okay, I’m confused as to what point you’re trying to make here. Please explain this to me, as I don’t have multiple degrees and am not a smart person.

I was replying to Guardians point that our “skills was being drowned out by our numbers.” Just wanted to point out the irony of that comment when you guys were in T4.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Now he’s quoted the word the T4 poster used. Saiyr, hold me, I’m so confused.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Let’s take this slow then:

In all honesty how can you expect TC to shine when their main advantage is numbers?

^Was that your statement?

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Two guilds: KH (about 30 dedicated WvW players) and LW (not sure their exact size, but they were definitely smaller than KH when we were all on CD. All the rest of the CD guilds went mostly to Kaineng and Blackgate I believe.

KH was recruited by TC to try and replace a couple of guilds that transferred off TC the week before.

This is wrong in a lot of ways. The only guilds TC has recieved in the last four months are:
[DIS]: ~30 people transferred from CD 4 months ago
[FIST]: ~30 people transferred from IoJ when IoJ died
[KH]: ~150 people transferred from CD when CD died
[CYN]: ~100 people transferred from CD when CD died
for a total of 310 people, that’s not even enough to even fill a single guild. I imagine DB/MAG got more transfers when transfers got locked down than TC ever did.

There has only been two guilds that have transfered off TC to my knowledge
[MF]: ~20 transferred to YB because they wanted more casual WvW about 2.5 months ago
[BLNT]: ~20 transferred to KA when they stomped t3 (I believe they thought KA would be t1 material)

TC has not received any large guilds EVER. All transfers have been small groups of 10- who came for our community and tenacity. We’ve earned our place in T2 and we are about as strong as KA even though we have fewer numbers and worse coverage. I understand from t3’s point of view we have a massive population but when it comes to t2, we are vastly outnumbered. BG and TC had about the same ratio of population as TC and DB does in this their.

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by OutspokenAardvark.9781)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Don’t worry, we’ll try to get to T2 as fast as possible where we’re not “overpopulated”..

I was replying to Guardians point that our “skills was being drowned out” by our numbers. Just wanted to pointed the irony of that comment when you were in T4.

How is that irony? I just said all we did was zerg around. We outnumber Yaks/CD/EBay, it’s not something we’re hiding. Whoever is saying Mag did well in T4 because of leet skills is lying. But I have no idea who this is or what you’re attempting to argue.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Two guilds: KH (about 30 dedicated WvW players) and LW (not sure their exact size, but they were definitely smaller than KH when we were all on CD. All the rest of the CD guilds went mostly to Kaineng and Blackgate I believe.

KH was recruited by TC to try and replace a couple of guilds that transferred off TC the week before.

This is wrong in a lot of ways. The only guilds TC has recieved in the last four months are:
[DIS] ~30 people transferred from CD 4 months ago
[FIST]: ~30 people transferred from IoJ when IoJ died
[KH]: ~150 people transferred from CD when CD died
[CYN]: ~100 people transferred from CD when CD died

that’s not even enough to even fill a single guild.

Dunno what you guys are aruging about but just wanted to say, that’s enough to fill two borderlands. Which is, you know, half of the WvW map.

in WvW

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

I enjoy cream of chicken soup.

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

its not hard to stack up on badges on an upleveled character when all u have to do is run with the zerg and steam roll any small group.

not saying u guys dont have any good players but hardly have i seen any tc roam around alone and if i do find 1, two or more tc would not be far behind.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

I was replying to Guardians point that our “skills was being drowned out” by our numbers. Just wanted to pointed the irony of that comment when you were in T4.

How is that irony? I just said all we did was zerg around. We outnumber Yaks/CD/EBay, it’s not something we’re hiding. Whoever is saying Mag did well in T4 because of leet skills is lying. But I have no idea who this is or what you’re attempting to argue.

Would you believe that TC is pretty much doing the same as you guys? We’re really just trying to get out of this tier….You can keep telling everyone how skilled you guys are in here, but that didn’t really matter in T4 eh? You’re just another zerg server to them, and they’ll be just another zerg server to the tier below em.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Would you believe that TC is pretty much doing the same as you guys? We’re really just trying to get out of this tier….You can keep telling everyone how skilled you guys are in here, but that didn’t really matter in T4 eh? You’re just another zerg server to them, and they’ll be just another zerg server to the tier below em.

Ok, now I’m convinced you’re simply not reading posts.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Would you believe that TC is pretty much doing the same as you guys? We’re really just trying to get out of this tier..

Yes, lots of us know this and know what it’s like. But your people have admitted that you need this “morale booster.” The fact that you outnumber us, we outnumber T4, and that T2 servers are fighting people who don’t come close to that sort of coverage is no one’s fault but ANet’s terrible ranking system.

When you run around in zergballs that are enough to steamroll your opponents simply by smashing 1 due to your sheer numbers makes it’s honestly difficult to see the skill level of the people involved. This does not only pertain to TC, it’s anyone who’s filled those shoes at some point. Mag, FA, Kain, any server.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Would you believe that TC is pretty much doing the same as you guys? We’re really just trying to get out of this tier..

Yes, lots of us know this and know what it’s like. But your people have admitted that you need this “morale booster.” The fact that you outnumber us, we outnumber T4, and that T2 servers are fighting people who don’t come close to that sort of coverage is no one’s fault but ANet’s terrible ranking system.

When you run around in zergballs that are enough to steamroll your opponents simply by smashing 1 due to your sheer numbers makes it’s honestly difficult to see the skill level of the people involved. This does not only pertain to TC, it’s anyone who’s filled those shoes at some point. Mag, FA, Kain, any server.

If it is difficult to ascertain the skill level of a server due to their numbers perhaps judgmental parties should reserve their judgement rather than flame the other server by assuming they’re unskilled because of their numbers…

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

This! So much this!

You aren’t facing the TC that battled for weeks in T2. Outside of Reset you are facing a lot of random Alts, PvEers going for Map Completion, rookie Commanders getting some experience, and the usual “Fairweather Fighters” who only show up when the Maps are all your color.

For weeks outside of Reset it was very rare to see queues for WvW outside of maybe minimal ones on TCBL and EB. This weekend I was running into 45 minute queues all over the place.

If these people actually showed up and fought while we were in T2 we would likely still be there.

So just like you wouldn’t want those T4 Servers judging you on your “ kitten zerg” gameplay down there, don’t judge us on what you are seeing this week.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I was replying to Guardians point that our “skills was being drowned out by our numbers.” Just wanted to point out the irony of that comment when you guys were in T4.

I believe the last match wasn’t much demonstration of our skill. The numbers advantage we had was pretty diminished by the end of the weekend, but the morale damage was already done on reset. There is another key point that you’re missing, which is that we fought Yak’s Bend and Ehmry Bay multiple times before we got our idiotically large numbers advantage. I don’t know about Yak’s Bend, but I think for Ehmry Bay there is a decent respect for skill between the servers that you might find if you can get past all of the hate love. I’m still convinced that we had equal footing to Yak’s Bend if not counting Ehmry Bay, and that Yak’s Bend usually won because the other two servers spent all of their time focusing each other, but that’s open for interpretation. I don’t think there is any irony in pointing out that a server with overwhelming population advantage doesn’t have much chance to demonstrate skill, but that’s my opinion.

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Yes, lots of us know this and know what it’s like. But your people have admitted that you need this “morale booster.”

A number of people, they’re not the ones who fought at the end of the week to keep our server in T2 though….

I don’t think there is any irony in pointing out that a server with overwhelming population advantage doesn’t have much chance to demonstrate skill, but that’s my opinion.

Good, for a minute there I thought you were trying to single TC out…

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yes, lots of us know this and know what it’s like. But your people have admitted that you need this “morale booster.”

A number of people, they’re not the ones who fought at the end of the week to keep our server in T2 though….

I don’t think there is any irony in pointing out that a server with overwhelming population advantage doesn’t have much chance to demonstrate skill, but that’s my opinion.

Good, for a minute there I thought you were trying to single TC out…

How… what.. I said all we did was zerg around in T4 and there was so skill involved. Why would you… I don’t even…. ERROR

CD/EBay/Yak’s will always think Maguuma is a zerg server, because they lost people and we didn’t and simply do not met our numbers. That being said, lots of people in Yak’s and Ebay actually like and respect Maguuma. I know, it’s hard to believe!

TC has always been a zerg server, for christ’s sake it’s why you’ve been in T2 for so long. All I’m saying is that people using 20 others as a safety net and being able to flash build seven pieces of siege is not really something I can look upon as skill. This does not mean you do not have skill, it simply means, AS I SAID, it is difficult to see. There’s nothing wrong with not being impressed by you, it’s not meant to be something offensive. I’ve yet to witness a TC group butting heads with our group of similar numbers and just rolling us. When that happens, I will humbly congratulate them. But for all the reasons I have listed, it’s just nearly impossible to do at the moment.