3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Not at all. It is a good way of measuring success if you small group or solo.

It indicates how many times you were able to beat your opponent and how many times you were beaten. It is more an indicator of pvp than a raid capping a keep, as your success is purely based on your ability to fight the enemy.

This isn’t meant to take away from the challenges of siege warfare of course. When it comes to that, there is a different measure of success.

I know what a k/d ratio is I’m just perplexed as to how anyone could use that as their prime measure of success in this game either for solo play, small group play, tournament play, siege play whatever.

To me success involves many different metrics, some of which are unquantifiable.

I’ve got 40k WvW kills and god knows how many sPvP kills. I’ve died altogether on both toons a little over 1500 times in 1700 hours of play over 5 months. Am I good at this game?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

How many people did you kill since Friday and how many times did you die? That is how I rate success.

What a bizarre way of measuring success.

how it is bizarre? people that are in guilds with less than 5 people most of the time find themselves solo and if they get 50 kills in 1 night and and died 1 time is that not a successful night? what if they have to do that every night. success is measured in a lot of differant ways. but when we are obviously stacked against coverage why care about the points when you can get 5k kills in 1 night and have fun.

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

How many people did you kill since Friday and how many times did you die? That is how I rate success.

how it is bizarre? people that are in guilds with less than 5 people most of the time find themselves solo and if they get 50 kills in 1 night and and died 1 time is that not a successful night? what if they have to do that every night. success is measured in a lot of differant ways. but when we are obviously stacked against coverage why care about the points when you can get 5k kills in 1 night and have fun.

To the first question. I dunno, who were they fighting?

I mean if they were fighting relatively skilled opposition and managed to win every time then yeah I’d say that’s pretty impressive. If they were just fighting relatively unskilled players or a disorganized rabble or underleveled people etc then I don’t see how that would be that impressive and I know I don’t consider myself to have really accomplished much if/when I feel like the opposition wasn’t particularly skilled relative to myself.

I’m not trying to say that k/d ratio isn’t something to consider. I’m saying that on its own it doesn’t really tell me much about the quality of a player or their performance over any given time period.

You killed 5k people last night. That’s nice. I got like 1k last night spamming staff skills in big zerg fights on my ele, am I good? Personally I think anyone could do what I’m doing in those big zerg fights. It’s not hard to spam a few aoes over and over until everything dies, especially since they probably didn’t see me half the time because I hadn’t even culled before they were downed.

Secondly, I never said anyone should get too terribly hung up on the end score of a match.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: ritsuko.2863

ritsuko.2863

I don’t see how the new Blackgate will be able to compete with JQ. It is still Sunday (NA) and as of this timing, BG’s WvW presence has nearly been wiped from all of the borderlands. It will only get much worse during the weekdays.

http://i.imgur.com/ZzX6Cq4.jpg

Synapse [SYN] Sanctum of Rall
http://synapse-guild.com/

(edited by ritsuko.2863)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: blnylund.1829

blnylund.1829

Well a bit late on this but here is a video from BGBL from reset night. From the PoV of an ICoa warrior. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbfADrc-prc

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

I don’t see how the new Blackgate will be able to compete with JQ. It is still Sunday (NA) and as of this timing, BG’s WvW presence has nearly been wiped from all of the borderlands. It will only get much worse during the weekdays.

http://i.imgur.com/ZzX6Cq4.jpg

Yeah I think you’re right. On the bright side I do think we’re in decent position to take 2nd place which will at least give us blue side in EB next week.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Kiltor.9362

k/d will be implemented in this game as well as something i belive daoc had in IRS. its the only way to measure how well your server is when you take coverage out of the convo. if points werent based on keeps but players it would make it more reasonable to play when you are on a disadvantage like we are. there is no way SoR will win this matchup we all know this. but do we frown? are we not gonna show up? well that would take the fun out of this game if no one were around to kill…..oh wait

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Siik.9038

Siik.9038

When I just logged out, BG had the PPT lead, I think we’ll be ok.

Siikx / Prym Fyre / Ivy Oniko
Imperial Coalition [ICoa]- Recruitment Officer
Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Cakewalk.3620

Cakewalk.3620

k/d will be implemented in this game as well as something i belive daoc had in IRS. its the only way to measure how well your server is when you take coverage out of the convo. if points werent based on keeps but players it would make it more reasonable to play when you are on a disadvantage like we are. there is no way SoR will win this matchup we all know this. but do we frown? are we not gonna show up? well that would take the fun out of this game if no one were around to kill…..oh wait

IRS is a pretty skewed way to determine skill. Can just roll around in bigger groups all day rolling smaller ones and have an amazing IRS. Doesn’t translate to skill imo, unless the IRS is going to be Guild based.

Evoex [LotD]
GW2 AGM (http://www.lotd.org)
Lords of the Dead “Killing With Style.” Since 1995

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Given the way this game works, I find that using the scoreboard as a measure is the bizarre method. It rewards coverage and population rather than superior play.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

It’s like rolling over a group of 10 with 30. Big deal.

What about when you roll 30 with 10… or take out 60 with 20 …. or even 5 solo?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

I’ve got 40k WvW kills and god knows how many sPvP kills. I’ve died altogether on both toons a little over 1500 times in 1700 hours of play over 5 months. Am I good at this game?

Wow, that is a lot of deaths. Did half of them come from PvE when levelling up or doing dungeons or something??

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Siik.9038

Siik.9038

Given the way this game works, I find that using the scoreboard as a measure is the bizarre method. It rewards coverage and population rather than superior play.

I play during NA primetime and have yet to see all this “superior play” from SoR. You guys have some great guilds that put on some great fights but nothing to the extent of superior.

Siikx / Prym Fyre / Ivy Oniko
Imperial Coalition [ICoa]- Recruitment Officer
Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Kiltor.9362

IRS is a pretty skewed way to determine skill. Can just roll around in bigger groups all day rolling smaller ones and have an amazing IRS. Doesn’t translate to skill imo, unless the IRS is going to be Guild based.

people with higher IRS will be guilds. its just usually how it works. and zvz fights 1 deaths can alter your IRS greatly as it did in DAOC. so saying its skewed is not giving it a full thought. PPT is one of the worst ways to play a 3 way. UNLESS they made it strictly NA players on NA servers and EU players on EU servers. there you woulndt have the issue of coverage at all. but there is. Till there is a fix all i care about is kills. i will do my part for my server and try but climbing a mountiain thats falling isnt getting us higher. so instead of bashing heads trying to figure out how to stop mass population on our downtime is not the answer. Kills are

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

I didn’t say the scoreboard matters. But getting a lot of kills in this game without dying much isn’t hard if you run around in a big coordinated zerg all the time.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Kiltor.9362

but the scoreboard does matter. cause its how the systyem works. till the change happens we will be killing all for the RALL!

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Cakewalk.3620

It’s like rolling over a group of 10 with 30. Big deal.

What about when you roll 30 with 10… or take out 60 with 20 …. or even 5 solo?

I think the answer to that is fairly obvious, but not was I was referring to in my post

Evoex [LotD]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

I meant in the sense that the scoreboard doesn’t necessarily tell us which server has more skilled players or whatever. I agree with what Covenn said. The scoreboard mainly seems to indicate which server has better coverage and higher population.

But I can run around on my staff ele (and even d/d ele) and run into big fights and get tons of kills and usually not die because it’s so easy to get a ton of tags with aoe. I don’t think what I’m doing requires skill or should be impressive to anyone it’s just how the ele was designed.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

Wow, that is a lot of deaths. Did half of them come from PvE when levelling up or doing dungeons or something??

No idea. The death count doesn’t give me a breakdown. I’ve died way more on my mesmer than on my ele though.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Cakewalk.3620

people with higher IRS will be guilds. its just usually how it works. and zvz fights 1 deaths can alter your IRS greatly as it did in DAOC. so saying its skewed is not giving it a full thought. PPT is one of the worst ways to play a 3 way. UNLESS they made it strictly NA players on NA servers and EU players on EU servers. there you woulndt have the issue of coverage at all. but there is. Till there is a fix all i care about is kills. i will do my part for my server and try but climbing a mountiain thats falling isnt getting us higher. so instead of bashing heads trying to figure out how to stop mass population on our downtime is not the answer. Kills are

It seems reasonable to expect as there is no solo in GW2, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Evoex [LotD]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

This thread took a turn for the worse pretty quickly. The weekend has not even finished.

Thanks for that score update Feisty, please please can we have another to lift the mood

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

Was a lot of fun defending our little tower in SoR bg last night (8 or so ours ago) while some large sized groups tried to wrest it from us. Some close calls too because of the paper walls and gates but we had it well and truly sieged, I think there was 3 trebs alone at the end

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

Was a lot of fun defending our little tower in SoR bg last night (8 or so ours ago) while some large sized groups tried to wrest it from us. Some close calls too because of the paper walls and gates but we had it well and truly sieged, I think there was 3 trebs alone at the end

Attachments:

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fylix.5936

Fylix.5936

Note: I took this without permission because I did not have the chance to ask the original poster MousePVP.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Answer Update by suspicious bush.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

(edited by MarMaster.6241)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Note: I took this without permission because I did not have the chance to ask the original poster MousePVP.

Sounds like serious business being discussed there.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: dabxci.5763

dabxci.5763

Yup, maybe if Indo and TW spent a little less time doing speeches and more time fighting, SoR wouldn’t be quite so poorly off this week.

i totally agree with this. thats how my brother and i play. i dont give a crap about points. i prefer lots of kills with less deaths. thats how i judge success. points is just secondary. thats how i played daoc, warhammer, rift, swtor and now gw2.

im from jq. the last week of fights were boring as hell. during my timezone, its sor not showing up to fight. sos doing the running man n dying lol. thank god the sos guilds paid to join bg. they can have the number 1 slot again if that happens. im fine being 2 or 3rd. more kills, more loot.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

Some footage during reset vs [Choo] enjoy!

Sorry about the early cut offs, didn’t want to show anything tactical

Good fights, hope to have many, many more!

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

‘Patiently waits for the culling to be turned off for good so he can see the 100 man zerg piling in to take a supply camp’

Anyone else?

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pmetheus.5397

Pmetheus.5397

Score Update! We’re tied O_O

Attachments:

Alyssa Frost
Leader of Empërium [EMP]
Jade Quarry

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

IF people from BG don’t mind. Check Black Gate at random intervals because i think it is bugged. There never seen to be any room there, but there is never any one playing there either.

Second night in a row where there is no massive BG presence in our borderlands and yet no one can get in there.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

We had a similar problem on JQ on and off over the last couple of weeks, although it seems to have been resolved.

Hope it works out for you guys soon :/

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

Nice speech and all, (I’m always a fan of a good pump-you-up) but there were a few parts where I had to call bull….. “we have something they don’t, we have server unity…..resilience….something greater than just united for PPT” etc.

I am NOT saying you DONT have this. You guys are clearly dedicated and all that. But I wouldn’t go so far as to say you have a monopoly on it either
Again though, sick video, nice to see others with “server pride” regardless of what that server might be.

See you guys on the field!

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

Well I for one can say I am happy with my deaths on SOR. I have a ton of them and its because of my plays style. One of my duties as an engineer tank/support is to dive into the head of the snake (zerg) and place my big ol bomb and blow the kittens out of the front line for the zerg behind me. The more I take focus off of a few the better for the zerg. It doesnt always work out but when it does no one ever notices but for me and its really fun. I get hardly any drops or kills but I enjoy it.

Being successful in this online game is not the score board but if you are having fun playing. The point system to me just gives me a guide to being competitive.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter alone.

Discuss.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

None of the above marmite and cheese for the win

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

We’ve had a great time in T1 thus far and we’re looking forward to plenty more conflicts with all of Choo

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

So peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter alone.

Discuss.

Peanut butter and honey.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Says you have more than 12 minutes of footage.

Shows 9 minute clips of 4-5 fights.

GG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

New score update

Attachments:

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

One of the best ways to get a good K/D ratio is to have the server run as a large zerg. Zerging may not be the best way to play strategically but it helps in open field battles (have more people than them in the battle, can take advantage of culling, etc). Other servers tend to play more strategically – splitting up the force to complete multiple objectives, etc. There is a difference in playing for the score and playing smart. And also playing for the K/D ratio and playing “wtf is the commander doing.”

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

One of the things SOR hasn’t understood about BG and to some extent may not, is that this server has run the gamut of some of the toughest opponents in the entire NA matchup. We’ve gone head to head with TSYM at their peak, weathered the fury of Warmachine, faced the zombie-like hordes of early JQ and many others. We been tag teamed, blown up, sent back down to T2 and punched our way back up ‘the very hard way’ to T1 time and time again.

Anything we can’t beat, we’ll sure as hell try to outplay you and we will never stop coming at you until we have won.
Meaning, sometimes we have “BAD FIGHTS”
Sometimes like yesterday when I am looking at a map with maybe 1 or 0 assets, log on with 16 guildies, with 4 friends from other guilds in the voip, manage to scrounge up another 18-20 from another guild and we’ll set out to put points on the board.
The enemy, two servers running big zergs of 40 or 50+, in our past we’ve also looked down the barrel 70+ ones that mean your skills don’t fire off, lagged to heck and have commodore 64 era frame rates.
You think to yourself, this isn’t going to be easy, I’m probably going out to take a hit.

Do I log off? Go somewhere else where its easy?
No, this is Blackgate. You joined this server because you will fight even if its those horrible, bad fights where you don’t get a choice of where to play, who you play, or on the often distinct possibility of a dirt nap more than the enemy does. But you will do it because of combat discipline and respect of those you play with to help them out.
You will man that siege until you are dead
You will pull that crappy guard duty to watch for golem rushes and enemy feints
You will proc-swords in order to pull the enemy out of position and die in the process
You will scout zergs and tag gates alone so the enemy cannot port or be near your comrades

Blackgate, the server with an iron jaw that never stops regardless of how hard someone hits you personally because you’re a part of that play that means your server will win and know that it has always aimed for 1st.
Give us even so much of an inch and we’ll take your eff….g head off!

Like most of my guild, I’ve been here from pre-launch, hour-1 on this server, know that we will never stop, never transferred off and never shied away from anything because its ‘too hard’ or ‘might be a bad fight’. Unlike most, I was one of the first oceanics so I’ve seen stuff that’s not possible to win, but did it anyway because someone had to.

When I did log on with that one tower, it was 90% Red when I logged out 9hrs later.
If anyone cares, I will kill 22 of you, for every time you kill me.

Blackgate forever.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Says you have more than 12 minutes of footage.

Shows 9 minute clips of 4-5 fights.

GG

specifically dedicated to Choo on multiple occasions and on open field so its interesting to watch, i look forward to seeing you on the field more often fellas

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

One of the things SOR hasn’t understood about BG and to some extent may not, is that this server has run the gamut of some of the toughest opponents in the entire NA matchup. We’ve gone head to head with TSYM at their peak, weathered the fury of Warmachine, faced the zombie-like hordes of early JQ and many others. We been tag teamed, blown up, sent back down to T2 and punched our way back up ‘the very hard way’ to T1 time and time again.

Anything we can’t beat, we’ll sure as hell try to outplay you and we will never stop coming at you until we have won.
Meaning, sometimes we have “BAD FIGHTS”
Sometimes like yesterday when I am looking at a map with maybe 1 or 0 assets, log on with 16 guildies, with 4 friends from other guilds in the voip, manage to scrounge up another 18-20 from another guild and we’ll set out to put points on the board.
The enemy, two servers running big zergs of 40 or 50+, in our past we’ve also looked down the barrel 70+ ones that mean your skills don’t fire off, lagged to heck and have commodore 64 era frame rates.
You think to yourself, this isn’t going to be easy, I’m probably going out to take a hit.

Do I log off? Go somewhere else where its easy?
No, this is Blackgate. You joined this server because you will fight even if its those horrible, bad fights where you don’t get a choice of where to play, who you play, or on the often distinct possibility of a dirt nap more than the enemy does. But you will do it because of combat discipline and respect of those you play with to help them out.
You will man that siege until you are dead
You will pull that crappy guard duty to watch for golem rushes and enemy feints
You will proc-swords in order to pull the enemy out of position and die in the process
You will scout zergs and tag gates alone so the enemy cannot port or be near your comrades

Blackgate, the server with an iron jaw that never stops regardless of how hard someone hits you personally because you’re a part of that play that means your server will win and know that it has always aimed for 1st.
Give us even so much of an inch and we’ll take your eff….g head off!

Like most of my guild, I’ve been here from pre-launch, hour-1 on this server, know that we will never stop, never transferred off and never shied away from anything because its ‘too hard’ or ‘might be a bad fight’. Unlike most, I was one of the first oceanics so I’ve seen stuff that’s not possible to win, but did it anyway because someone had to.

When I did log on with that one tower, it was 90% Red when I logged out 9hrs later.
If anyone cares, I will kill 22 of you, for every time you kill me.

Blackgate forever.

KnT is an awesome guild and Blackgate is an awesome server. Nobody is denying that. You guys bring the pain.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

Blackgate forever.

I think someone got their feelings hurt, lol.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Uriel Saintclair.6345

Uriel Saintclair.6345

hehehehe The weekend is almost over. Lets see how BG goes up against JQ on week days (pulls out pop corn).

Attachments:

Thieve’s spam heartseeker on my sanctuary.
Guild: None Mercenary
SoR since day 1

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Are you serious? haha.

That I found it less serious due to the amount of profanity? Yes. Profanity, after so much use, only makes an individual seem unintelligent and illiterate. There are more words that have more of a motivational meaning than the swear words used repeatedly in this. You don’t have to swear to get a point across.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Are you serious? haha.

That I found it less serious due to the amount of profanity? Yes. Profanity, after so much use, only makes an individual seem unintelligent and illiterate. There are more words that have more of a motivational meaning than the swear words used repeatedly in this. You don’t have to swear to get a point across.

You don’t have to, but you can and obviously we aren’t twelve, so ‘profanity’ doesn’t mean anything anymore.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Point proven.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Are you serious? haha.

In my opinion he didn’t swear that much. Just a few no no’s. The douchbag quote was a little out of line though, but it was in the heat of the moment so I guess it can be forgiven. I also doubt he prepared for this speech at all, and in that regard I am not surprised he used some filler words such as profanities to try and keep his speech going. All in all good motivational speech for the target audience, since we are a mature gaming community.