3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

I didn’t agree with you at all. In fact, I find what you just said absolutely absurd. Being pedantic while patronizing someone really says something about you.

He asked you if you are generalizing the opinions of many to be 1 entity, in this case SoR. You responded with a long list of opinions made by different people from SoR and stated that the single entity was changing their mind all the time.
Example:
Person A says, “I only care about the time slot I am in.”
Person B says, “Time right after Reset is the best time for determining who is better.”
You say, SoR is changing the bar for who is best.

So, basically you said “Yes” to his original question. I hope this clears things up.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post. Fixed

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sticks.9374

Sticks.9374

why the hell do you people even care? Most of the time it feels like you care about you stupid chest thumping and mudslinging on this forum far more than you do any type of gaming. Here is a news flash for you:

JQ is good at wvw and deserves to be here.
SoR is good at wvw and deserves to be here.
BG is good at wvw and deserves to be here.

You all whine and complain and kitten and moan and gripe about how much BETTER it would be if other people would be here instead of the 3 servers mentioned. You rail at the unfairness of it all in regards to zergs like its a new thing and not a months long problem, like its just one server and not every everloving T1 server that has ever been. You kitten about lack of coverage but are unwilling to A. recruit where you are weak or B. pull long hours or C. really do anything except bemoan to yourselves and to the world why you are not winning(obv not JQ there)

YOu all pretend that being the number 1 server in this c r a p rating system means anything when JQ has long ago proved that it does not mean a kitten thing.

SoR news flash: How good or bad we are in NA is irrelevant. How stacked JQ is during our off peak hours is irrelevant. How many people BG recruited before they came to T1 is irrelevant.

All that matters is if you are having fun or not(its a game remember?) It sounds like 75% of the people posting in this forum here don’t actually like this game in general or T1 wvw in specific so I ask you all, wtf are you even doing here?

Obviously we do not need to carebear each other and do hugs and kisses and rainbows 24/7 but a minimum amount of civility would be nice. But I don’t think the forum warriors from ANY of the three servers are capable of that so I will not make a post like this again.

Mad respect for anyone that wvw’s in T1 and enjoys it.

/end voice of reason

Thanks for the fun last night my asuran Love Brothers and sisters

Attachments:

Mallet the Mad
Knight Templars
SoR Mesmer of Madness

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

I didn’t agree with you at all. In fact, I find what you just said absolutely absurd. Being pedantic while patronizing someone really says something about you.

He asked you if you are generalizing the opinions of many to be 1 entity, in this case SoR. You responded with a long list of opinions made by different people from SoR and stated that the single entity was changing their mind all the time.
Example:
Person A says, “I only care about the time slot I am in.”
Person B says, “Time right after Reset is the best time for determining who is better.”
You say, SoR is changing the bar for who is best.

So, basically you said “Yes” to his original question. I hope this clears things up.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post. Fixed

No. I’m referring to the posts by that poster on this subject. Scroll up a bit. Someone provided the various opinions of this poster in question.

Plus, I have seen multiple (closer to 10) posters on more than 1 GW forum espousing the same ideas and changing them constantly to fit their arguement, and very few SoR posters even bothering to stick up for themselves and disavow these other posters.

The vocal portion of SoR are saying variations of this. I am responding to the SoR that are representing here.

If anyone from SoR does NOT feel like these other posters, I hope they would understand that this is how your server is being represented. I know that the majorty of SoR players don’t even read the forums, so I’m not too worried about offending folks over there who aren’t being contentious about this.

I haven’t even said anything about JQ being better than SoR. I just want to know by whose rules are we making these judgements? Or failing that, asking if we can get back to discussing particular battles and being a little more in the GG mode and less bragging. That’s my whole point.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

That Asura in the middle has a HUGE head! LoL

Just kidding around – great photo.

Also – you actually made me feel bad for participating in the banter, even though I was just trying to have a little fun. Thanks for the voice of reason.

I’m not taking my post down though. Does that make me a bad person?

O.o

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Sticks.9374

That Asura in the middle has a HUGE head! LoL

Just kidding around – great photo.

Also – you actually made me feel bad for participating in the banter, even though I was just trying to have a little fun. Thanks for the voice of reason.

I’m not taking my post down though. Does that make me a bad person?

O.o

No of course not

Mallet the Mad
Knight Templars
SoR Mesmer of Madness

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

hex.3218

Lol. Okay, I’ve said my piece. Folks agree with me.

Good week of fights folks! Oh, and the match up in game is pretty good too!

See you all inside the arena.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

" You fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a flame war on a forum. And only slightly less well known is this: never say your server is best at something when no reward is on the line! HAHAHHA HAHAHAH"

(it’s a quote from a movie. 2 points to Hufflepuff if you know where it’s from)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Plus, I have seen multiple (closer to 10) posters on more than 1 GW forum espousing the same ideas and changing them constantly to fit their arguement, and very few SoR posters even bothering to stick up for themselves and disavow these other posters.

I have seen different posters giving a wide range of opinions on various subjects. Why would you ever presume to attribute that to a whole, let alone claim that?

Also, bravo on the argumentum a silentio play you made there. I am sure nobody will notice it…..

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Gator.7581

" You fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a flame war on a forum. And only slightly less well known is this: never say your server is best at something when no reward is on the line! HAHAHHA HAHAHAH"

(it’s a quote from a movie. 2 points to Hufflepuff if you know where it’s from)

Princess Bride!

It’s on my top ten list!!

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

hex.3218

I have seen different posters giving a wide range of opinions on various subjects. Why would you ever presume to attribute that to a whole, let alone claim that?

Also, bravo on the argumentum a silentio play you made there. I am sure nobody will notice it…..

We get it. You read books.

Call of the dogs, my friend. It’s all good.

Just answer me one question, please?

Which is your favorite map for WvW?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

“Beat it, or I’ll call the brute squad! I’m on the brute squad. You ARE the brute squad!”

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

“Beat it, or I’ll call the brute squad! I’m on the brute squad. You ARE the brute squad!”

Who’s in the brute squad? :P

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

“No more rhymes now, I mean it!”

“Anybody want a peanut?”

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Sticks.9374

“No more rhymes now, I mean it!”

“Anybody want a peanut?”

Inconceivable!!

Mallet the Mad
Knight Templars
SoR Mesmer of Madness

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Hello! My name is Sanctum of Rall! You killed my PPT! Prepare to lose some of it around NA times give or take whenever NA time really is since we can’t decide on it.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Choxie.9438

Choxie.9438

Can anyone explain this? Somehow JQ got into our keep with all our defenses up, I took a screenie of each individual defense. And no way did they break in, we had 3 eles absorbing treb shots and the door was right there in tact. Not to be a crybaby fest or anything, but these miscreants deserve a little punishment… I usually wouldn’t qq about this, but it was a T3 tower… http://imgur.com/a/cDtHS

EXCALIBURRRRRR !! -Rika Shiguma
Mina Sekurai – Asura Necromancer (Blackgate)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Any map where my opponents put up a fight and don’t give up.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Gator.7581

Superbiam verbonim praesertim, iraeundi oderunt, prudentes irrident ; utique si inferioris adversus superiorem est.

Fo realz!

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

We get it. You read books.

Call of the dogs, my friend. It’s all good.

Just answer me one question, please?

I was going to go with the map that is the most patronizing.

:)

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Shadow Gypsies would like to thank everyone in SoR BL from 8pm-1am pst for all the fun fights we had.

How was our siege attack on bay from SoR perspective? I think all the defenders should get the [Shellshocked] buff for a couple days hehe. Normally we don’t tangle to much with SoR as we are on BG BL for the most part culling the ex-sos hordes, it has been fun this week though.

Honestly that siege was probably one of the dumbest I’ve ever seen. You let us get two ticks out of that when you could of stomped us quite easily. Thanks for the free points though. We sat there talking about the most random kitten waiting for you guys to actually attack us.

I mean…you crept up to the very supply hut of bay vs….15 players? 2 trebs > 2 acs > 3 Ballistas > 2 Acs >1 Ballista > Into finally taking the keep.

Oh man, sorry but you had alot more than 15. You had a very large zerg that out numbered us initially that we wiped on the outer wall as well. But even if you had as little as 25 or 30 in the last bombardment those not suffering from your psychosis put up a good fight under the conditions.

BG leave my Briar alone…use your golems on Garrison or something :p

During that wipe on the outer wall yes we did have about the same amount as you guys…sadly half died at the base of the stairs fighting the few down there. When it came to the end though we sat in the inner with only about 15 people.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

BG has caught up. Getting those 300-400pt ticks while people, actually from NA, are at work; nothing that wasn’t expected.

Dude what are babbling about… lol. BG was also ticking 300+ during NA yesterday, too. Stop basing your thoughts on just one period of time. This is a 24 hour war and that sort of thing is bound to happen. Just means their Oceanic/Sea is better than yours.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

BG has caught up. Getting those 300-400pt ticks while people, actually from NA, are at work; nothing that wasn’t expected.

Dude what are babbling about… lol. BG was also ticking 300+ during NA yesterday, too. Stop basing your thoughts on just one period of time. This is a 24 hour war and that sort of thing is bound to happen. Just means their Oceanic/Sea is better than yours.

ughh what? I played from 4pm-11pm CST yesterday, the entire time in WvW, the lowest score I can remember is 225 around 6pm for half an hour or so. Then we sat at 260-325 the rest of the evening. Don’t get me wrong BG pushed hard overnight, but they didn’t run the gambit on NA yesterday.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

What? They have MORE players than us, has nothing to do with them being better than us. lmfao

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Thundar.3910

What? They have MORE players than us, has nothing to do with them being better than us. lmfao

Quantity over quality, the mantra of the WvW.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Pvp.2758

Quantity over quality, the mantra of the WvW.

Sad, but true. The funny part is the servers bragging about score when they clearly have better coverage.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

The heretic.1052

Can we get a score update?
Thanks

Edit looks like everyone is too busy with forum wars…….

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls

(edited by The heretic.1052)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Rule 17 of WvW
When your server leads in PPT it is obviously skill. When your enemy leads in PPT, it is quantity over quality.

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I think all this nonsense from some BG and JQ players simply stems from the fact that a third place server it is simply better at combat. All 3 servers know that and there are enough players on both servers to even admit it. Talking about been defeated by zergs and such while bad culling in place it is just a poor excuse for actually getting wiped.
There should be no hard feelings. You have better coverage and ppt around the clock which secures you the first 2 places.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Rule 17 of WvW
When your server leads in PPT it is obviously skill. When your enemy leads in PPT, it is quantity over quality.

Gaining 15k points overnight while SoR has 0 players online is not skill.

You had lots of players overnight all week. Did you guys burn out?

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I think all this nonsense from some BG and JQ players simply stems from the fact that a third place server it is simply better at combat. All 3 servers know that and there are enough players on both servers to even admit it.

You use the word “nonsense” to describe comments from JQ and BG players then go on to say SoR is “simply better” at combat and that everyone knows it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

Here we go again. The Cycle of the T1 thread continues. Next up 2v1 talk.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Thundar.3910

Off-topic, on the rare chance I get to PvD, and its pretty rare mind you, I like to make up stories on how the doors have harmed my family in some way. It gives me a sense of purpose when no one is around.

Some of these stories get very elaborate, once I had an entire history for a door at Dawns Edge. The tree that particular door was fashioned from was malevolent, my parent were walking through the forest one day, and that evil scheming tree fell right on them killing my father instantly, while leaving my mother alive for several weeks. Her only form of food being my fathers dead body, she died from blood poisoning, as the tree’s poisonous sap invaded her blood stream and rotter her from the inside out. I took my vengence on that door…….

It’s the little things that make PvD worthwhile.

Keep Calm and Conquer

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

^ This is true, NA prime time is very close between all 3 servers. Reset night is the best time to tell which server is best during NA prime because you have all 3 servers pushing hard. Lately JQ has been leading reset night.. but when BG came up they did, and SoR lead before that.

Great match so far. Hope to have more close ones like these in the future!

I have also played during NA primetime everyday this week and can safely say SoR has lead the ppt 95% of the time during this timezone (I view NA primetime as 8pm est to 2am est) so i don’t know how you can say NA primetime is very close between all three servers. JQ has been really lacking during this timezone lately only pulling in 150 points most ticks. Also on reset night SoR pulled ahead by about 1k right when NA primetime ended. Anyway awesome fights all around just wish we had a bit more coverage so our superb NA force didn’t have to burn themselves out throughout the week.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Off-topic, on the rare chance I get to PvD, and its pretty rare mind you, I like to make up stories on how the doors have harmed my family in some way. It gives me a sense of purpose when no one is around.

Some of these stories get very elaborate, once I had an entire history for a door at Dawns Edge. The tree that particular door was fashioned from was malevolent, my parent were walking through the forest one day, and that evil scheming tree fell right on them killing my father instantly, while leaving my mother alive for several weeks. Her only form of food being my fathers dead body, she died from blood poisoning, as the tree’s poisonous sap invaded her blood stream and rotter her from the inside out. I took my vengence on that door…….

It’s the little things that make PvD worthwhile.

I’m for one very happy to hear you avenged you parents! kitten those evil scheming trees!!

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

Rule 17 of WvW

You had lots of players overnight all week. Did you guys burn out?

Do you agree gaining points without competition is not skill?

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

I saw the funniest thing in EB like an hour ago, and I thought I would share before I go do other stuff.

People from JQ claiming to be in EMP were running the jump puzzle and asking for siege donations. The JQ commander on the map (who is in a different guild) brought the whole zerg (of like 40~) into the puzzle and took all the siege. Then the EMP people freaked out because someone other than them was getting the siege, namely the guy bothering to do WvW and lead in EB, unlike their guild, who was simply taking up space and not helping us at all as we were being pushed back to our keep and losing all our stuff.

The beginning of the end for JQ!?!

You decide.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Rule 17 of WvW

Gaining 15k points while JQ has 0 players online is not skill.
Gaining 15k points while BG has 0 players online is not skill.
Gaining 15k points while SoR has 0 players online is not skill.
But, they are all winning strategies, not necessarily fun strategies.

Fixed that post for you.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

BG and SOR going at it!

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

(snip) Just means their Oceanic/Sea is better than yours.

Change that to “Just means their Oceanic/Sea ticked at a higher PPT than yours.”, or we’ll break out the flamethrowers again.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

(edited by Mattargul.9235)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

BG and SOR going at it!

Next week all three servers should take the WuvWuv maps on Spring Break, and spend the whole week drinking and partying.

At the end of the week, each server would have a WuvWuv score of zero, but many many notches on the bedpost. :P

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

The heretic.1052

lol this forum..

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

I think all this nonsense from some BG and JQ players simply stems from the fact that a third place server it is simply better at combat. All 3 servers know that and there are enough players on both servers to even admit it.

You use the word “nonsense” to describe comments from JQ and BG players then go on to say SoR is “simply better” at combat and that everyone knows it.

There is a difference between knowing and admitting a fact. That is a judge of character.

(edited by Moderator)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Rule 17 of WvW

Again, if I were a leader of HIRE or OCX I would vote to move my guild to another server after reading this.

You guys are so disrespectful to your own server mates who have to fight an uphill climb every night to hold onto what your NA has done. Instead of applauding it you discount them at every turn in order to bolster your own “primetime’s” reputation.

I think Blackgate has more respect for your overnight crews than you do.

No wonder you have little SEA and Oceanic coverage.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

(snip)

The point. You missed it.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

(snip)

The point. You missed it.

And he missed all the people saying that we love our overnight crew because they are always fighting uphill battles against superior numbers and refuse to give up.

He is just trying to stir up drama. Ignore him.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Don’t be a kitten to your own team-mates when they obviously trying and are fighting against equal or superior numbers (tbh, the SoR super zerg in oceanic would be equal to a lot more than BG’s squad of ~39-45).

Not to sound disrespectful to our NA, but the NA forum warriors of all servers like to bash on the oceanics because they don’t play at the same time and even if the fights are relatively balanced any progress will be attributed to PvD – look back at the outcry near launch. We get used to it, we don’t care – fighting HIRE/all of SoR and the FoO zerg is what what I find interesting in the game and hopefully after the patch you’ll see more guys return to the game.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Rule 17 of WvW

Dude if you’re saying MERC and ND don’t have skill, just ask FOO. BG oceanic/sea didn’t hold that ppt unhindered.

Edit: When is the last time you checked the NA ppt, btw? You don’t have 0 players online now… so, what’s the excuse now? BG is +380-405.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

(edited by Vash.9183)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Dude if you’re saying MERC and ND don’t have skill, just ask FOO. BG oceanic didn’t hold that ppt unhindered.

Edit: When is the last time you checked the NA ppt, btw? You don’t have 0 players online now… so, what’s the excuse now? BG is +380-405.

Thanks for reminding me the name of the guild: MERC…loads of respect for that tag. I was in ts with them for a while last night and they were very pro and fun at the same time making jokes when not in combat. I very much enjoyed the night and would recommend then.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Rule 17 of WvW

Dude if you’re saying MERC and ND don’t have skill, just ask FOO. BG oceanic/sea didn’t hold that ppt unhindered.

Check the history. BG started picking up around midnight, and is now dropping as SOR gains points back. And looks, its nearing primetime. Coincidence?

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/29/

Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Pvp.2758

Rule 17 of WvW

Again, if I were a leader of HIRE or OCX I would vote to move my guild to another server after reading this.

You guys are so disrespectful to your own server mates who have to fight an uphill climb every night to hold onto what your NA has done. Instead of applauding it you discount them at every turn in order to bolster your own “primetime’s” reputation.

I think Blackgate has more respect for your overnight crews than you do.

No wonder you have little SEA and Oceanic coverage.

It was an exaggeration, we love our oceanic/asian guilds. No need to try and start drama that isn’t needed. They work their kitten off to earn PPT and they are outnumbered, but that doesn’t stop them.

I recently commented on the SoR Asian thread and said we had the best Oceanic/Asian players in the game and I wouldn’t want anyone else.

It’s pretty obvious that we are outnumbered and the MAJORITY of JQ and BG points come from when we don’t have enough players on to compete.

If we didn’t have the oceanic/asian guilds we have, SoR would not be in Tier 1.