Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

Team Dolyak has a special message for all of its BG WvW compatriots (and anyone else who plays wvw as well, really)…

Thank you for welcoming us!

Holy crap, I had no idea that it was this bad!

I’m only eating Soyak from here on out!

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Fear quality

Recap for those who can’t watch videos in the office:

1. EMP vs AGG in a GvG at prime time while BG is last in points.
2. EMP rolls AGG at what appears to be the SoR borderland.
3. FEAR rolls into the area and attacks.
4. EMP, AGG, what appears to be SF, as well as bystanders (really hard to tell due to all the stupid culling going on)… join together and fight them.
5. People get killed on bother sides.
6. Looks like FEAR is got overwhelmed and is forced to withdraw
7. EMP stands around patting themselves on the back.

I think that is accurate, but it is so hard to tell with all the culling.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Aaah what? No big bold letters this time? I must be doing it wrong.

But obviously because your guild was out after you logged; they were never out! I mean I can see it considering the usual SoR logic.

Sweet, I get to quote myself again in italics and bold:

To reiterate, the guild I am in did not WvW last night, we were PvEing. (unless of course they did after I logged, of course I wouldnt know that…. in which case, your question to me was just as pointless)

Do you go out of your way to make irrelevant posts or is it natural talent?

This is Wotah we’re talking about, of course it’s a natural talent. Been that way since at least Warhammer

I was on VN during DAoC times too. :P

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

WoDan.4079

But obviously because your guild was out after you logged; they were never out! I mean I can see it considering the usual SoR logic.

To reiterate, the guild I am in did not WvW last night, we were PvEing. (unless of course they did after I logged, of course I wouldnt know that…. in which case, your question to me was just as pointless)

Irony where are you? We need you here man.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This is Wotah we’re talking about, of course it’s a natural talent. Been that way since at least Warhammer

I was on VN during DAoC times too. :P

A good chunk of VN members went to Postcount after VN got closed

http://www.postcount.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-Guild-Wars

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Oooh so THIS is why FEAR decided to be PvE carebears tonight? Too scared? Lololol.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Fear quality

4. EMP, AGG, what appears to be SF, as well as bystanders (really hard to tell due to all the stupid culling going on)… join together and fight them.

I think the correct interpretation is [FEAR] thought they were going to have easy targets while people were trying to GvG.

Scouts picked them out.

[FEAR] got rolled.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

Fear quality

No need for the 7 points.

1. Fear got their collective bum handed to them while trying to be a kitten.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Obviously my posts are irrelevant to you, it doesn’t fit your mold or idealistic view of your server. So I must say that it is natural talent.

Your posts weren’t irrelevant due to the nonsense you just posted, they were irrelevant strictly due to inapplicability.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

This isn’t directed at EMP or anyone specifically. Just quoting Noodles because you linked the video of the GvGvInterupt.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why people think GvG’s can be fun in the closed narrow space that is always used. It allows for zero tactics, just smash our faces into each other and hope our selection of classes is the Paper to their Rock selection of classes.

I’m surprised no one has tried to just say. Lets meet at X spot in open field at X:XX time on the tick. That way there is actually the possibility of maneuvering.
It helps limit the chance of being interrupted because you don’t have two guilds standing around drawing attention to each other. You can still pick a somewhat out of the way location so people are less likely to stroll by.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

I think the correct interpretation is [FEAR] thought they were going to have easy targets while people were trying to GvG.

I was making observations not interpretations.

I know not what they thought or felt, and it would be foolish of me to make any assumptions about that.

(edited by covenn.7165)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

You can summon Irony, but he isn’t applicable here.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: VitaminK.2517

VitaminK.2517

To which I said sorry you missed the fun, and that perhaps they didn’t let you know.

Obviously my posts are irrelevant to you, it doesn’t fit your mold or idealistic view of your server. So I must say that it is natural talent.

You don´t really like SoR, don´t you?^^

Your last posts ended with a generalisation of SoR Player as you want them to be.

@topic: nice fights the last days. Sometimes a bit chaotic but can´t wait to get home for more.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

You worked together with enemies and bystanders to kill someone interrupting a duel (between guilds in this case). This has been going on for at least a decade as I can personally remember such things dating back to the early days of DAOC.

Grats.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

This isn’t directed at EMP or anyone specifically. Just quoting Noodles because you linked the video of the GvGvInterupt.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why people think GvG’s can be fun in the closed narrow space that is always used. It allows for zero tactics, just smash our faces into each other and hope our selection of classes is the Paper to their Rock selection of classes.

I’m surprised no one has tried to just say. Lets meet at X spot in open field at X:XX time on the tick. That way there is actually the possibility of maneuvering.
It helps limit the chance of being interrupted because you don’t have two guilds standing around drawing attention to each other. You can still pick a somewhat out of the way location so people are less likely to stroll by.

You, one person, does not thing GvG is fun.

20 EMP, 20 Agg, 20 Tsym, 20 VoTF, …. list goes on

thinks GvG is fun.

You are not forced to GvG, nor receive any disadvantages from not playing it.

South of South camp has no objective that will help your server points. ZERO reason for a guild to ‘stroll’ by unless they’re trying to do some GvG.

FEAR wanted to show their 1337 skills by intentionally interrupting a pre-organised GvG, where 40+ people have fun, not affecting scores or queue (they usually do it before reset, or a map with no queue).

If it really is a rockpaper game, why are there scores like 5:0, 7:1… etc? And why do those winning guild dominate open field in the real WvW?

Basically this video’s point is to laugh at FEAR.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

I could not agree more.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

You worked together with enemies and bystanders to kill someone interrupting a duel (between guilds in this case). This has been going on for at least a decade as I can personally remember such things dating back to the early days of DAOC.

Grats.

Government corruption and civil wars has been going on in Somalia for over 3 decades. It should continue on because it has been.

Grats.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Grats.

Government corruption and civil wars has been going on in Somalia for over 3 decades. It should continue on because it has been.

Grats.

Wow…way to see the color blue and try to convince everyone it is actually red.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

How fun is this to build all these rams (20+) in ur enemy’s EB keep by using ur spies? I don’t have proof that whether it’s BG or SOR’s doing, but I am betting on BG, since I have never seen this before until BG is up in T1. Please show some respect to the community or ur enemy. Even if you win the war, it won’t be glorious otherwise.

False Cause is a Fallacy BTW

Someone called?

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

1. You, one person, does not thing GvG is fun.

2. If it really is a rockpaper game, why are there scores like 5:0, 7:1… etc? And why do those winning guild dominate open field in the real WvW?

3. Basically this video’s point is to laugh at FEAR.

I numbered the things I want to respond to in your disjointed post for easy reference:

1. Actually you misunderstood him, he didn’t say that he didn’t like GvG. He doesn’t like the location because it is too narrow and doesn’t allow for tactics much outside of smashing your faces together. In fact, his response would imply that he likes GvG.

2. This is blatantly false. Case in point, at least one of those guilds (and I wont mention who to avoid any defamation of them) gets rolled each and every night, to the point they generally leave the zone after a while when we are there.

3. Are you saying the Noodles was trolling by posting that video? Can you clarify?

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

We have a standard set up actually!

Three fields! The one you saw was “trenches and hills” one team starts on the top while other starts below. “Open field” which requires more maneuverability and routing. Last but not least “Close quarters” , which is on the other side of the video.

You’d be surprised on how guilds coordinate under the given field parameters. Takes us like 10 minutes to set up the fields but it provides allot of awesome fights! Depending on the zone, you can tell how quickly some guilds stack together under pressure.

During match points, both leaders agree to face off on a specified time frame “xx:xx”. When one team defeats the other, they /salute and proceed re-rezzing and setting up. Its quite awesome if guilds have the courtesy to set up in such a chaotic environment. Promotes healthy competition and respect between guilds cross server.

" Latest Video "

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

1. You, one person, does not thing GvG is fun.

2. If it really is a rockpaper game, why are there scores like 5:0, 7:1… etc? And why do those winning guild dominate open field in the real WvW?

3. Basically this video’s point is to laugh at FEAR.

I numbered the things I want to respond to in your disjointed post for easy reference:

1. Actually you misunderstood him, he didn’t say that he didn’t like GvG. He doesn’t like the location because it is too narrow and doesn’t allow for tactics much outside of smashing your faces together. In fact, his response would imply that he likes GvG.

2. This is blatantly false. Case in point, at least one of those guilds (and I wont mention who to avoid any defamation of them) gets rolled each and every night, to the point they generally leave the zone after a while when we are there.

3. Are you saying the Noodles was trolling by posting that video? Can you clarify?

1. I misread his post. Apologies to the original poster.

2. There are many reasons why a guild leaves the map. It’s generally not because they are defeated by SoR superzerg over and over. They enjoy fighting x3 their numbers and still seeing that SoR struggles.

3. Nah, I think he posted the video to promote FEAR’s obviously exceptional ambushing skills.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Three fields! The one you saw was “trenches and hills” one team starts on the top while other starts below. “Open field” which requires more maneuverability and routing. Last but not least “Close quarters” , which is on the other side of the video.

You’d be surprised on how guilds coordinate under the given field parameters. Takes us like 10 minutes to set up the fields but it provides allot of awesome fights! Depending on the zone, you can tell how quickly some guilds stack together under pressure.

During match points, both leaders agree to face off on a specified time frame “xx:xx”. When one team defeats the other, they /salute and proceed re-rezzing and setting up. Its quite awesome if guilds have the courtesy to set up in such a chaotic environment. Promotes healthy competition and respect between guilds cross server.

Your “Open Fields” fight isn’t open enough for me. I just dislike the location in general. Massive cliff on one side with a big drop off on the other really restricts your maneuvering.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

You, one person, does not thing GvG is fun.

20 EMP, 20 Agg, 20 Tsym, 20 VoTF, …. list goes on

thinks GvG is fun.

You are not forced to GvG, nor receive any disadvantages from not playing it.

South of South camp has no objective that will help your server points. ZERO reason for a guild to ‘stroll’ by unless they’re trying to do some GvG.

FEAR wanted to show their 1337 skills by intentionally interrupting a pre-organised GvG, where 40+ people have fun, not affecting scores or queue (they usually do it before reset, or a map with no queue).

If it really is a rockpaper game, why are there scores like 5:0, 7:1… etc? And why do those winning guild dominate open field in the real WvW?

Basically this video’s point is to laugh at FEAR.

You fail miserably at reading comprehension.

Show me where anywhere in there I mentioned anything about FEAR or said anything about this video specifically.

I specifically stated I only quoted Noodles because he happen to be linking a video of a GvG. All of your points have nothing to do with what I said. Go back and re-read.

I simply stated that i don’t see how GvG’s in their current stated can be fun in such a narrow space and mentioned that I though meeting in open field would be more fun. If you don’t like my opinion that is fine, it’s just that an opinion. However try actually reading a post before you decide to attack it.

Edit: kuora apologized for the misunderstanding above.
It’s all good.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Grats.

Grats.

As I pointed out, defending duels has been going on forever. Does your response mean that you think it was wrong of EMP and friends to do so? I can’t see how it is applicable any other way.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

WoDan.4079

Oh? I think he is.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

Your “Open Fields” fight isn’t open enough for me. I just dislike the location in general. Massive cliff on one side with a big drop off on the other really restricts your maneuvering.

It’s the best thing that works. Closest to all spawn locations, easy to rally to and away from all major point objectives.

Many top contending GvG guilds in EU run on the same field format.

" Latest Video "

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

2. There are many reasons why a guild leaves the map. It’s generally not because they are defeated by SoR superzerg over and over. They enjoy fighting x3 their numbers and still seeing that SoR struggles.

Last time someone made a comment like this in this very thread, I counted 52 bags on the ground after the fight that prompted the post and our supply info showed only 27 people for our super duper gigantic mega zerg.

Something doesn’t compute.

Who knows, maybe perceptions get skewed by culling. You know …only being able to see 30 friendlies when there are actually 60.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Oh? I think he is.

Then you really need to look up the definition of the word and how/when to apply it.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

I forgot my own rules for forum etiquette so I update my sig.

I really miss playing, I hope ANet gets this patch right. So looking forward to playing again if they do.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

Last time someone made a comment like this in this very thread, I counted 52 bags on the ground after the fight that prompted the post and our supply info showed only 27 people for our super duper gigantic mega zerg.

Something doesn’t compute.

Who knows, maybe perceptions get skewed by culling. You know …only being able to see 30 friendlies when there are actually 60.

Looks like making up stories and using culling as an excuse is the trend until next week. Thanks I might be using it sometimes.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

I forgot my own rules for forum etiquette so I update my sig.

I really miss playing, I hope ANet gets this patch right. So looking forward to playing again if they do.

You better come back, solely because your sig says you play an engi, and I want to see more fellow engis in WvW lol.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

It’s the best thing that works. Closest to all spawn locations, easy to rally to and away from all major point objectives.

Many top contending GvG guilds in EU run on the same field format.

I have watched a couple of your duels. As long as it takes between rounds, you could typically run the length of a zone and back. There are other places in the BL maps that offer more open space that are equally far away from major point objectives.

In fact, moving away from the two spawn points might make it easier for you to duel without interference. Anyone that does interfere is going to have a long run back.

Oh… and who cares what EU is doing, it doesn’t make it the best choice.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

Oh? I think he is.

Eh, not so sure. I’m not really seeing it in a strong sense.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Looks like making up stories and using culling as an excuse is the trend until next week. Thanks I might be using it sometimes.

I was trying to give you a way out…..

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

I was trying to give you a way out…..

You know, there are guilds that I respect as an enemy. Red Guard, Za Drots, War Legend, VoTF, Pain Train, FoE, Tsym, Agg, WM, Never Die…

FEAR, at the moment I do not think any of my WvW acquaintances respect them as an enemy. Mainly because- you know. Forum behaviours and things.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

I can see how having different fields setup can be entertaining and more representative of WvW in general. When you consider many fights happen in a tightly packed Lords room. I guess I’ve just never thought the “Open Field” part is very open.

In truth I’ve not watched a lot of the videos so maybe I am not seeing the “open field” portions. I just don’t see any areas south of that supply camp that appear to be good it.

I didn’t realize you are setting up 3 different fields though. That at least mixes things up a little bit but still feels like it would still more or less be just smashing head on into each other just in different locations. Maybe I’ll check a few more of the videos out though just out of curiosity.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

I can see how having different fields setup can be entertaining and more representative of WvW in general. When you consider many fights happen in a tightly packed Lords room. I guess I’ve just never thought the “Open Field” part is very open.

In truth I’ve not watched a lot of the videos so maybe I am not seeing the “open field” portions. I just don’t see any areas south of that supply camp that appear to be good it.

I didn’t realize you are setting up 3 different fields though. That at least mixes things up a little bit but still feels like it would still more or less be just smashing head on into each other just in different locations. Maybe I’ll check a few more of the videos out though just out of curiosity.

The more important thing than an ‘open’ field is that you must not interfere (or try not to) with the actual WvW affair. As far as I know there is noting objectively important at the south of south camp.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

FEAR, at the moment I do not think any of my WvW acquaintances respect them as an enemy. Mainly because- you know. Forum behaviours and things.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with them that keeps bleeding over into other things. Anyways, what does FEAR have to do with responding to me? lol

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

I did see a GvG video from that area that was interesting because they moved into the orchard. That would make for some interesting LoS issues. Players would have to make some quick adjustments in that situation.

The thing that is funny to me is all the prep work. Even numbers determining the field etc… I think the player base should ask for 20v20 arena s or tPvP. If the demand is there one would think they’d implement it.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Rawnoodles.1398

I can’t for the life of me figure out whwy people think GvG’s can be fun in the closed narrow space that is always used. It allows for zero tactics, just smash our faces into each other and hope our selection of classes is the Paper to their Rock selection of classes.

Its crazy what a guild can do given the situation. With controlled variables like timed pushes, equal numbers and a specified field, you really start to think intuitively with your class builds,combos, routing and those results can be displayed by which guild comes out on top with each match point.

Some of our videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/emperiumgaming

" Latest Video "

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

The more important thing than an ‘open’ field is that you must not interfere (or try not to) with the actual WvW affair. As far as I know there is noting objectively important at the south of south camp.

You mean besides the fact that it is a Supply Camp, that gives supply to the two towers and is worth points?

Why not go to one of the northern areas that isn’t on top of a supply camp (or anywhere else for that matter) that is in an actual open field area. As long as you do it it one of the guild’s involved home BL’s it should remain free of interference.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

score update anyone

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

I did see a GvG video from that area that was interesting because they moved into the orchard. That would make for some interesting LoS issues. Players would have to make some quick adjustments in that situation.

The thing that is funny to me is all the prep work. Even numbers determining the field etc… I think the player base should ask for 20v20 arena s or tPvP. If the demand is there one would think they’d implement it.

20v20 arena would actually be wonderful, especially in an instanced zone. Much less lag or FPS drops, actual scoring system and such.

I do have to applaud EMP for organizing all these GvGs, it’s not necessarily easy work.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

kuora.5402

score update anyone

Here you go.

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Orikx.9671

Now that I think sounds cool. I guess I was just assuming that they had to stay in a small area. If you are free to move round more then that could make it interesting.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Its crazy what a guild can do given the situation. With controlled variables like timed pushes, equal numbers and a specified field, you really start to think intuitively with your class builds,combos, routing and those results can be displayed by which guild comes out on top with each match point.

Flanking, envelopment, dispersion….. no room though.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Now that I think sounds cool. I guess I was just assuming that they had to stay in a small area. If you are free to move round more then that could make it interesting.

Yeah. This would also almost force spectators out of the action too and give them incentive to watch streams instead.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

20v20 arena would actually be wonderful, especially in an instanced zone. Much less lag or FPS drops, actual scoring system and such.

I do have to applaud EMP for organizing all these GvGs, it’s not necessarily easy work.

As long as it isn’t objective based and more of a guild duel system.

It would be cool to have an actual system for that which affects server score, including things like issuing challenges and such. Where you declining costs you more than losing. Maybe then we can get a fight with EMP