3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I heard Riot were moving to a medium pop server as well.

I hadn’t heard that. And we just finished all these stupid upgrades.

Not that I’d necessarily be against it, I’m getting a little bored of the constant mega zerging.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Jedmachine a gate: A moment in time in which all reason and logic leaves the SF commanders brains and the entire force descends upon the gate, completely siegeless and just auto attacks it down, no matter how tactically stupid and inefficient it is simply because it can be done and/or because Jed is wearing sweat pants.

I think i have a video description of this “Jedmachine a gate” from earlier today.

I still can’t believe we almost made it through.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Jedmachine a gate: A moment in time in which all reason and logic leaves the SF commanders brains and the entire force descends upon the gate, completely siegeless and just auto attacks it down, no matter how tactically stupid and inefficient it is simply because it can be done and/or because Jed is wearing sweat pants.

I think i have a video description of this “Jedmachine a gate” from earlier today.

I still can’t believe we almost made it through.

It’s more effective than you might think. I remember back when RUIN was on ET they would auto attack paper gates with there zerg alot. Gate would drop in like a minute. Saved them supply which they loved to use on ballistas at choke points.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Score update brought to you by the world’s most cuddly Norn.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Congratulations on your well deserved win this week, SoR. You guys worked hard for it.

Blackgate

(edited by kevinskyrider.3271)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Someone want to explain the joke to me? I’m guessing the whole ‘SoR win’ thing is either sarcasm, parody, or a comment on some sort of conspiracy theory of SoR handing JQ the win. I’m just not sure which it is because it’s so stupid.

If it really is sincere congratulations on their second place finish, then I apologize.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Someone want to explain the joke to me? I’m guessing the whole ‘SoR win’ thing is either sarcasm, parody, or a comment on some sort of conspiracy theory of SoR handing JQ the win. I’m just not sure which it is because it’s so stupid.

If it really is sincere congratulations on their second place finish, then I apologize.

I think its just by mid week it was a contest for second place, which SOR won.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hex, I do believe it’s sincere congrat’s to SoR. They deserve some praise for a good job this week.

All in all, I think the forums are becoming more entertaining than the actual game now. :-)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

It’s a BG-SoR thing, no conspiracy or anything. 13-1 deserves a congrats, right?

See, it’s things like ‘13 to 1’ that I don’t get. That means?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

that means, bg is gone with 2 major guilds + 1 medium size guild saying bbye.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Shhh…. we were given some space to vent last week after the gremlin struck. Let’s be as gracious.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese.4210

BG has 13 wins over SoR when in the same Tier. Much of that was Tier 2.

It’s part of the reason why SoR is mentally tougher than the average server in my opinion.

[EG] – SoR

Garrett Ward – 80 Thief / Roland Ward – 80 Warrior / Tacitus Ward – 80 Necro

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

So, it WAS a back handed compliment.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

What? Why would guilds be leaving Blackgate? That’s a good server, puts up one helluva fight… dang. Looks like JQ broke another one.

#TeamJadeQuarry

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

That’s a good question. BG was doing so well and won last week. This week is JQ’s revenge, but it won’t last. Part of it is the new update too. By next week, BG could be winning it again. Doesn’t make any sense.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

So, it WAS a back handed compliment.

I see what you’re trying to do, you’re trying to get us to 2v1 BG with you again! You sneaky sneaky man. It’s so crazy it just might work! /wave /Highfive /flaunt

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

What? Why would guilds be leaving Blackgate? That’s a good server, puts up one helluva fight… dang. Looks like JQ broke another one.

They can be tough as they want, but if they got some dramas with the other guild or the server itself – They won’t last. And thats what just happened. They might be a good server, but without a strong community and nope nope they wont last in the long run.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

That’s a good question. BG was doing so well and won last week. This week is JQ’s revenge, but it won’t last. Part of it is the new update too. By next week, BG could be winning it again. Doesn’t make any sense.

I think it is because people want to be on top and cannot take it when they are not. Probably the reason so many guilds transferred off SoS to BG. Last week a lot of JQ did not try too hard at the end of the week because of the things that were going on and probably could of pulled out the victory if not for that. Plus many BG players were pulling hugh hours as well to get them there, which cannot be sustained week in week out.
The thing is there is really nothing you get for winning anyways, so just go out and have some fun. But I guess the only time some one is having fun is when they are winning.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

They can be tough as they want, but if they got some dramas with the other guild or the server itself – They won’t last. And thats what just happened. They might be a good server, but without a strong community and nope nope they wont last in the long run.

Ah kitten That’s too bad, I’ve been enjoying the T1 match up of late. I remember people complaining way back that there would never be that familiarity of your enemies with the server vs server, but take a look. We may not be familiar with individual players, but we’re certainly familiar with guilds as an entity and other servers as a whole. If BG folds that’ll poop on my familiarity and I will be un-amused.

#TeamJadeQuarry

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

If they do its probably because they know now that fixing culling had no effect on making huge zerg ball skill lag fest anymore fun. Being first rewards nothing and coverage trumps all, so why go through it

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

i’ll miss those blackgate guilds that left, they gave me two precursors since they came

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

Too bad. I like BG (especially the OG BG). Like KnT, HB and I even like some of the additions they made. I have fun fighting BG. I hope it’s either a rumor or it’s the guild that I don’t like on their anyways…

I mean, we just had PRX go unofficial and I thought finally things would get really tense. (PRX still works their tails off BTW). Well, I’ve said it before…. come May, the landscape is going to look totally different around here anyways so, I guess whatever happens, as long as I can get a fight when I’m on, it’s okay.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

If they do its probably because they know now that fixing culling had no effect on making huge zerg ball skill lag fest anymore fun. Being first rewards nothing and coverage trumps all, so why go through it

Why go through it?

Because it’s FUN. AND they took first. That must have been fun. It’s just odd. They haven’t fought at all this week. I thought maybe a planned week off after last week’s push, but now guilds are leaving? It’s like they proved it’s possible to win and got depressed by it. Make no sense to me.

And throw places aside, it has been a lot of fun over the past 4 weeks. The best T 1 has ever been. It could stay that way. Trust me, JQ will come back down to earth. We’ve got folks playing this week who still think we should grab the Orbs. They will be gone in 2 weeks tops.

This is a weird time to bail out…

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I hadn’t heard that. And we just finished all these stupid upgrades.

Not that I’d necessarily be against it, I’m getting a little bored of the constant mega zerging.

Sounds like my source is bad then Thanks for clarifying. Agree with you regarding the zergs, much worse since the most recent patch.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

This is exactly what I expected. Blackgate lacks a solid community. They are numbers, and nothing more. Expect well… now they’re badges and gold.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Congratulations on your well deserved win this week, SoR. You guys worked hard for it.

Also, to those that keep saying JQ and SoR never attack each other:

They actually do fight. :p

New players like to join the top – So they have troops in the field almost all the time.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Lecter.7486

Lecter.7486

Good fights in SoR BL and EB last night. Had tons o fun in the small group skirmishes we found.

Skwisgaar Skwiigelf 80 war <tsfr>

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Israel.7056

I don’t think anyone is actually leaving. I think certain people say the same stuff over and over again as a form of psychological warfare. It’s a smart tactic but I don’t buy it. And I don’t know what all this “solid community” talk is all about either. What does that even mean? People log on and they play the game. Same as any other server.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

This is exactly what I expected. Blackgate lacks a solid community. They are numbers, and nothing more. Expect well… now they’re badges and gold.

We have a great community, and the few guilds we had transfer meshed like they were always there. But at the end of the day we play VIDEO GAMES to have fun , some peoples priority is having fun over virtual friends with the time they have from real life to spare . I will log into a job I don’t like for awhile because it pays my bills. I won’t do that for a video game. That being said , I doubt any guilds are transferring and I’m going to stick it out hoping the meta changes like vodka said

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty (working on my tan before reset):

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

What guilds are confirmed as leaving? I just see a lot of talk atm.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Score update brought to you by Feisty (working on my tan before reset):

Feisty, you are quality

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Regardless of who is staying or leaving, we’ve had fun in T1 with you, JQ and SoR. Here’s a video of the last few weeks with a few small skirmish fights from our perspective. Keep ’em coming, folks!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I read earlier somewhere on this page that someone knows for a fact of JQ and SoR working together. I find that pretty funny. You ever get that feeling like you have a really big target on your back and everyone aims for you. Something gives me that feeling all the time

Your server is currently holding the #1 rank for North America… It’s really the only thing that we as WvW players strive for along with good fights. This is where every server wants to be & the only ones that deny it are those that lower their potential & set lower standards for themselves maybe because becoming #1 seems impossible for them. I know for certain that striving to be second isn’t the Blackgate way. We’ll do the best we can, whenever we can. We will always play for keeps.

I was meaning me personally :x

I know for a fact that SoR and JQ are working together… You want to know how I know? Because when JQ is attacking BG SoR will cut off BG so they cant get in.

You know what else I know? I know for a fact that SoR and BG are working together… You want to know how I know? Because when Bg is attacking JQ SoR will cut off JQ so they cant get in.

And you know what. I know for a fact BG and JQ are working together… You want to know how I know? Because when one of them attacks us another will block us from getting in.

So…. If we are all working together why are we still fighting in the first place? Cant we all get along?

PS. SF thanks for coming into SoR BL after reset tonight. You have no idea how bored we have been in SoR bl the past few days. Been facing nothing but zergballs since the patch and honestly the last few days everyone has just been running from us before we even get in range. It was nice to actually have some fights.

We somehow ended up in this really huge freakin’ zergball, then I had to bail. We were only meaning to auto attack gates down with fists. Then we had to upgrade to lvl 3 fists which were golems. Then mindless throw ourselves at doors and see how that goes. It was quite amusing, at least when I was on. Keep in mind we are all here for entertainment, and if you can auto attack down a door to save 48 silver on rams for two sets of gates, mise as well right?

I got the footage of us crackin’ through bay and hills I believe. We were going to siege up hills and make BG spawn side our spawn again like last week. Yet, we opted not? Last night we had like massive numbers on map as well, well at least form our guild. I think we had 40 on map in one team! That was ridiculous! Then you add in all the randomly guilded ppl out there, I was like, this was outmanned when we came in…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

We somehow ended up in this really huge freakin’ zergball, then I had to bail. We were only meaning to auto attack gates down with fists. Then we had to upgrade to lvl 3 fists which were golems. Then mindless throw ourselves at doors and see how that goes. It was quite amusing, at least when I was on. Keep in mind we are all here for entertainment, and if you can auto attack down a door to save 48 silver on rams for two sets of gates, mise as well right?

I got the footage of us crackin’ through bay and hills I believe. We were going to siege up hills and make BG spawn side our spawn again like last week. Yet, we opted not? Last night we had like massive numbers on map as well, well at least form our guild. I think we had 40 on map in one team! That was ridiculous! Then you add in all the randomly guilded ppl out there, I was like, this was outmanned when we came in…

The huge zergballs that have formed are quite annoying, I am dreading reset night Regardless though the fights last night were quite fun for all of us on SoR. TW has opted to start leaving the zerg and dropping commander tags in an effort to break off from the zergfest but even that proves difficult. All we can do is hope Anet can fix the functionality of commander tags so we may once again run as guilds again.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Hoots, that’s not gonna work. If you have known good commanders, people will still find your team. I’ve just learned to live with it. The only time that I can try to limit the size of teams is to get a second commander either of my own or another guild. I’ve never had an issue with running solo w/my guild the majority of the time, all we do is make sure we communicate our intentions.

Regardless, it is what it is, you can’t control the masses from following certain people. I’ve learned to live with it and welcome it. It also allows me to run more spec ops teams on a map. We love stroking our kitten w/small team vs small team.

I also think you’ll see a lot of teams go back to the “norm” within a week or so as well. The fact that you can see EVERYTHING in a fight is freaking amazing. So there are a lot of people still just getting in that may be rusty as well. You’ll have to excuse the zergs from all 3 servers while we all nurture and train the newcomers or older vets coming back in to WvWvW. I know a lot of us more vet commanders prefer rolling in a specific set of numbers or a specific type of group. I have actually started to PM ppl to gtfo of the team if they are bringing upleveled chars on a serious night. Sometimes that one uplvled downed guy gets multiple rallies for the opposition.

I can probably rant and ramble on along, but it’s up to our teams on all three servers to direct how we want the game play. Plus, keep in mind there are a lot of newer commanders out there at all times that you don’t know their skillset. You gotta give those guys/gals the chance as well. That may also result in a single zerg ball, or just 100 lazy ppl on your server that just want to follow a blue icon.

Whatever the case may be, it’s something that will have to be handled however the team lead on deck at that time want to manage the ppl on the map.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

I find it quite ironic that BG continues to complain about 2v1. After the game patched JQ and BG both did a mad dash at Hills and Bay. JQ then attacked full force into SoR Garrison, and during that time, BG then takes the time to attempt to take bay.

As a result, while BG flipped bay SoR’s zerg made it into inner and wiped the BG and took bay. While that was happening, JQ took hills likely as retaliation.

There is no 2v1, and when it was BG and JQ “2v1ing” against SoR, BG decided to attack JQ when they could have taken SoR (the PPT leader) out of taking much on their BL and being forced to only defend.

If you continuously annoy someone, they’re eventually going to punch you in the face.

The truth hurts, SoR knows they can’t beat JQ but has a better chance at not being 3rd & JQ knows that SoR is not a threat to dethroning them.

Which puts Blackgate in a pickle. We have the potential to dethrone JQ from the top spot & SoR really wants to put a win in the 13-0 record we hold against them.

I’m not surprised even if there is a 2v1, I know how everyone wants a piece of Blackgate. I mean we have the best looking people on our server with Merc & Riot here. Hahah getting to know some of the new guys that came over has been a great experience; I know for a fact that all of our recent transfers came here to have a challenging match-up in a server that isn’t falling apart & one with an awesome community.

I’d like mention that I’m really flattered by all the attention that I’ve been getting on the battlefield by both SoR and Jade Quarry from just being on this server. Being focused by the 2 best servers in the top North American tier is one hell of an honor. If only we could be able to fight the T1 European servers I’m sure we’d all be able to work together and put them in their place.

Actually, your truth hurts, it hurts my brain when I read such tripe

I see you have now joined the 2vs1 brigade.

No answer on my other post then, how you controlled three servers media output last week so that this mythical sea of rams on BG stuff last week that you said happened never got mentioned once on the forums until you piped up with that gem this week?

Actually what you said is completely untrue, it was mentioned in last weeks forums… & you asked how do we control our servers media output? As you can see we don’t have as many forum warriors as you or SoR do. Blackgate has a more mature community & doesn’t really spend time or care much at all about what our enemies think about us.

Yup, I heard that the 2v1 brigade had girl scout cookies… I’d definitely join up with that in a heart beat.

Also, if Riot does decide to move I’d completely respect their decision & whatever reason they have for doing so. Anyone would be lucky to have a guild like that in their server

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

What are you talking about? Blackgate has a very strong if not the strongest community in the game. Lol we had no drama occur, Riot Team is a small strike force and didn’t like that massive zerg balls that occur in T1. Their play style would definitely fit in with the medium population servers so I completely understand where they are coming from and I wish them the best of luck

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Lecter.7486

Your forum warriors just tend to whine I guess, giving the appearance of a poor community.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

Your forum warriors just tend to whine I guess, giving the appearance of a poor community.

Well apparently your forum warriors like to accuse our forum warriors of whining to try and make our community look bad… that goes both ways

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dabxci.5763

dabxci.5763

since bg didnt get first place for the past 4 weeks, is merc and nd going to pay to transfer server again? no flaming pls. legit question.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

Regardless of who is staying or leaving, we’ve had fun in T1 with you, JQ and SoR. Here’s a video of the last few weeks with a few small skirmish fights from our perspective. Keep ’em coming, folks!

We’ll miss you Riot, you were a fine addition on our rise to T1… I know that you will do very well wherever you go. Remember, Blackgate will always have a spot open for you if you ever decide that you want to come back.

I wish you the best of luck!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Lecter.7486

Fair enough. I guess it’s really a lesson in sportsmanship. I think the risk involved in the t1 group is what makes it fun. Would anyone expect this to be easy? All sides have their own crosses to bear and the true skill comes in the ability to shift tactics and overcome.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

to the BG in EBG.

Thank you for sending 40-50+ after the 5 of us who took down SM wall, and were ramming inner gate.

<3 yall

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

So Riot, Agg and FoE are all leaving?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

Remember kids, calling someone a ‘forum warrior’ on a forum makes you… a forum warrior.

And yes I am a forum warrior for saying so. That’s not news, eh?

Well, I sure hope no guilds leave BG. I also hope BG comes back to life next week. I always always always have fun against BG because they do wacky stuff, especially with trebs.

I think I may have put this in an earlier post, but it has been absolutely hillarious this week because all these players that haven’t been on since October are on, and giving advice. Here’s a sample:

“Build the catas behind the door to take out their rams!”

“Use DOTs on the Supervisor.” ( you can add vuln/conditions etc to this list)

“How come I can’t get into X tower from the back no more?”

“How come we didn’t take their Orb?” (my favorite)

“I’ve never heard of you.” to our Glorious Commander

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

since bg didnt get first place for the past 4 weeks, is merc and nd going to pay to transfer server again? no flaming pls. legit question.

No, & Blackgate got 1st place last week so I’m not sure what you’re talking about there.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Israel.7056

So Riot, Agg and FoE are all leaving?

Dunno about Agg and FoE but we don’t have any plans to move as of now.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Slayrix.5789

Slayrix.5789

I do find this funny that the patch has sort of united the servers and guilds associated to the unified reaction of WTF when confronted with the servers wide zerging black-hole where tactics are sort of put secondary and numbers as primary and as hard as the guilds try its hard to separate themselves away from that.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

I do find this funny that the patch has sort of united the servers and guilds associated to the unified reaction of WTF when confronted with the servers wide zerging black-hole where tactics are sort of put secondary and numbers as primary and as hard as the guilds try its hard to separate themselves away from that.

Dunno about that. Last night seemed pretty much back to normal to me. Lots of attack and defend, folks forming 5 mans to take yaks down, scout teams and fake outs… Just seemed like the day before never happened.

Maybe I was on at the right time on a good map?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ