3/29: BP/AR/EB

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

That was a great read, Aidget~! Kudos for painting a most entertaining picture.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

That was a fun read Aidget. Wish I was there, almost felt like I could have been.

Edit: Don’t suppose anyone had FRAPS running? This would make for a good video… would love to see it from any of the 3 sides.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Awesome night in EBay bl last night. I’d love to say we snatched your bay because we were trying to draw you away from the big fight for SM, but the truth is, we had no idea there was a big fight at SM. We (about 8 GOATS) just headed into their map thinking to cap some supply camps and see what we could get away with. We found the entire borderlands… empty. Really empty. Ghost town empty. Rapture-and-no-one-told-us empty. There was even one poor ranger afk at a sentry, just standing in the middle of the road like his soul had been taken. Super creepy. EBay always shows up within seconds, right? Where were they? Thinking we were gonna meet massive numbers at any moment, we took all the camps, Briar, Lake, and a fully upgraded bay. By that time we’d picked up a handful of peeps from WFD, WAR, and EDGE, but I think that put our numbers at maybe 15. More like 12, because some GOATs had to work in the morning and had to leave. EBay started to trickle in, still not the numbers we’d thought would come but enough to shove us out of bay pretty quickly. We headed to Briar to dig in and hold it for as long as we could and that must have been when the mighty battle for SM ended, because… yeah.

Ebay came home, and MAN were there a lot of em. We sieged up Briar, wrote letters to our mommas and sweethearts, called out useless orders to PuGs who don’t read chat, and the battle for Briar commenced. Briar’s front lawn was a boiling mass of angry Ebayers but we were holding on when from the west came… Anvil Rock. LOTS of Anvil Rock. They smashed into the side of Ebay, tearing up their siege and chasing them clean out of sight. While those two zergs were gone, we ran and took Vale supply back and built more siege. That’s when Kalkz and Borlis’ Eternal zerg arrived. They came flying out of Vale supply, charged off to lord-knows-where, and apparently were completely pasted by Anvil. It must have been bad, because Kalkz & Co. left about three minutes later saying we were on our own. EBay came back to Briar, but AR pushed them off again before they started to hammer at Briar themselves. We pushed AR back long enough for EBay to regroup again and come slamming back into them while we held the door from all comers.

It was titanic. There should have been a sound track.

By this time there were about 10 BP peeps total to defend Briar. Ebay was tearing at the front door and Anvil was massing in the cubby. AR had lost a good few by then, so when they charged Ebay that last time, they were outgunned 2-1. It was a hellova thing to see though. They slammed into EBay’s side and shoved them to the bridge before they were wiped to a man. We didn’t see any more Anvil after that.

I’d love to say when the gate finally came down and EBay roared through, the 10 of us still held them off, but the truth is, we were so much roadkill. It was late, we were tired, and PuGs don’t read chat.

tl;dr: Awesome night in EBay bl last night.

The SM battle was incredible, We had thoughts for a sec that we wont take it from Ebay, But once Ebay Bay turned Blue, our morale went up and you pushed harder

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

That was a fun read Aidget. Wish I was there, almost felt like I could have been.

Edit: Don’t suppose anyone had FRAPS running? This would make for a good video… would love to see it from any of the 3 sides.

It would make for an amazing vid. When the zergs would slam into each other, it looked like two huge flocks of red birds swirling around each other with a smaller flock of friendlies swooping in like hawks. With culling gone, zergs take on a strange sort of beauty.

Glad we could at least lend moral support, Kalkz. Like I said, we really didn’t pull any EBay from the fight at Eternal until it was over.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I miss all the good fights. Curse you Super Adventure Box!

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Several postings that were against the rules of this forum have been removed. Please keep these rules in mind when posting. You can find an update on them in the rules reminder thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

make sure you don’t post “what is this i don’t even..” apparently in some alternate universe that is naughty.

Back on topic.. been some seriously fun fights this week despite the super fun box thing drawing people away we’ve had plenty of folks on all sides.. love it!

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Was in Eternal Battlegrounds getting back into the swing of things on my ranger, and to the 2 EBay commanders I killed, sorry, I see that buff and I just can’t help myself…

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

Was in Eternal Battlegrounds getting back into the swing of things on my ranger, and to the 2 EBay commanders I killed, sorry, I see that buff and I just can’t help myself…

We will take your word on that…

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

in WvW

llkoolaid.8204

Hey BP, I love your flame rams…

Attachments:

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@llkoolaid One mesmer one ranger with bad root timing. I’m sure you are under the impression your players are in some way superior to the other servers, they die just fine though.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

llkoolaid.8204

@llkoolaid One mesmer one ranger with bad root timing. I’m sure you are under the impression your players are in some way superior to the other servers, they die just fine though.

It’s OK. I believe you.

in WvW

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

You do realize that there are sadly a couple people on our server actively sabotaging wvw…

Skullclamp

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

You do realize that there are sadly a couple people on our server actively sabotaging wvw…

Which is why you tell that certain someone you all dislike to keep to your server :P

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

How many times i made Ebay scream in eternal today ?

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

Likewise :P

15 characters

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

This is the sort of thing that says, “I don’t have the confidence to do this honestly”. Sure that’s not everyone on Ebay, but it does appear like someone feels inadequate and needs an advantage.

Which is baffling, because you think their numbers advantage would be enough.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Alibis.4079

Alibis.4079

This is the sort of thing that says, “I don’t have the confidence to do this honestly”. Sure that’s not everyone on Ebay, but it does appear like someone feels inadequate and needs an advantage.

You do realize that is a pic of Stonemist right? Some moron that says he is from BP was putting them up and refreshing them all day. He was also bragging about telling BP and AR our movements.

~SBI~
“Stick them with the pointy end.”

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Our recent numbers certainly don’t hurt

in WvW

Dark Aidget.3879

Some moron that says he is from BP was putting them up and refreshing them all day. He was also bragging about telling BP and AR our movements.

Zomg, don’t tell me our special potato moved to EBay… On second thought, plz tell me our special potato moved to Ebay. Nothing personal, we’re just tired of him.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Some moron that says he is from BP was putting them up and refreshing them all day. He was also bragging about telling BP and AR our movements.

Zomg, don’t tell me our special potato moved to EBay… On second thought, plz tell me our special potato moved to Ebay. Nothing personal, we’re just tired of him.

Once again we’re faced with the classic Irishman’s dilemma. Do we eat the potato now, or let it ferment so we can drink it later?

in WvW

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

I met a very kind necromancer after he destroyed me and a random 5 signet warrior… WHO ARE YOU I LOVE YOU!

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

I met a very kind necromancer after he destroyed me and a random 5 signet warrior… WHO ARE YOU I LOVE YOU!

Wast it at the sentry in the ruins on a random BL?

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Stay classy BP/AR

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Once again we’re faced with the classic Irishman’s dilemma. Do we eat the potato now, or let it ferment so we can drink it later?

I lose sleep over things like this.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I just understand what’s up with all the RP going on in this thread….

in WvW

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

The answer is ferment

We actually call PUGs the Irish in [WAR]. ~Insider info~

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

The answer is ferment

We actually call PUGs the Irish in [WAR]. ~Insider info~

I have a new found respect for [WAR]

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Bigmadness.8697

Bigmadness.8697

CHAR best guild AR, EBAY dogs lose their hills.

imagine what CHAR can do when their GLORIOUS guild master returns from the depths of P-V-E

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

There was about four people on that whole map.

So it seems AR likes PvDoor. Did a lil of our own. Don’t want to fall behind on the latest trends after all. You guys shouldn’t mind of course.

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Dovgan.8605

@KStudios So even with greater numbers EBay could not halt the glorious CHAR (only see 3 players in that picture)

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in WvW

Dark Aidget.3879

Fermented potatoes make Vodka. It took Russians to be desperate enough to drink rotted potatoes.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I just understand what’s up with all the RP going on in this thread….

I don’t get it either. I take it as their guild being AR’s official RP guild and leave it at that.

Oh, and score/map update please for those who can’t currently log in.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Fun fighting around hills in Ehmry Bay borderlands just now, thanks to everyone involved!

Oh, and score/map update please for those who can’t currently log in.

232,000 – 250+
184,000 – 215+
174,000 – 230+

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

KStudios.2850

@KStudios So even with greater numbers EBay could not halt the glorious CHAR (only see 3 players in that picture)

Oh we knew nobody was there. That was the point.

Score update:

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

KStudios.2850

On an unrelated note. So yeah, as of now we are beefing up our defenses by lining our outer tower walls with angry brown bears, and of course tributes aplenty to the flame ram god.

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

Posted by: Kohz.1534

Kohz.1534

I think Ebay’s Borderland was empty yesterday because of the zerg they sent to OL in Eternal Battlegrounds to finish taking everything we had, It was an epic defense on AR’s part. So Errrbay, was it 6 or 8 Golems plus I don’t know how many pieces of seige equipment you lost at the gates before your 60 to 70 man zerg finally triumphed over our outmanned forces and took Overlook? Equally funny is that it was a very expensive fight on your side and extremely SHORT lived as we took back not only Overlook from you but all of our side of Eternal less than 10 minutes later. ( ps. nice try at the spawn camping by the way, FAIL!) We built the 2 Trebs at Veloka that you just had no defense planned for ;-) and evicted you from our overlook.

We also decided to take some of BP’s towers (overreaching on your keep there BP ;-) sorry about the damage!) since we had the momentum.

We may be down but we are not out! While you can obviously out man us (EB) you can not out play us. All in All a good couple of hours worth of epic fights in EB yesterday. Looking forward to reset, maybe all the AR players playing with the dang box of fun will come back and support not only our borderlands but Eternal too!!!

See yah on the battlefield.

Peace!

Fire Storm Atu, Elementalist
SoS Guild
Anvil Rock since BETA and not gonna leave!!

in WvW

Posted by: Bigmadness.8697

Bigmadness.8697

There was about four people on that whole map.

So it seems AR likes PvDoor. Did a lil of our own. Don’t want to fall behind on the latest trends after all. You guys shouldn’t mind of course.

Attachments:

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

I think Ebay’s Borderland was empty yesterday because of the zerg they sent to OL in Eternal Battlegrounds to finish taking everything we had, It was an epic defense on AR’s part. So Errrbay, was it 6 or 8 Golems plus I don’t know how many pieces of seige equipment you lost at the gates before your 60 to 70 man zerg finally triumphed over our outmanned forces and took Overlook? Equally funny is that it was a very expensive fight on your side and extremely SHORT lived as we took back not only Overlook from you but all of our side of Eternal less than 10 minutes later. ( ps. nice try at the spawn camping by the way, FAIL!) We built the 2 Trebs at Veloka that you just had no defense planned for ;-) and evicted you from our overlook.

We also decided to take some of BP’s towers (overreaching on your keep there BP ;-) sorry about the damage!) since we had the momentum.

We may be down but we are not out! While you can obviously out man us (EB) you can not out play us. All in All a good couple of hours worth of epic fights in EB yesterday. Looking forward to reset, maybe all the AR players playing with the dang box of fun will come back and support not only our borderlands but Eternal too!!!

Peace!

two waves of two golems. So four golems in total. Yesterday was fun. Our interest was in karma training so letting you recap overlook was okay for us. It was too bad we could not flip BP’s keep though. Those fights at the supply camp were a nice entertainment substitute though.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

llkoolaid.8204

“the glorious CHAR”

hahahahaha

What a joke…

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Peace!

There’s a difference between resetting an enemy waypoint and going for the long haul of draining a keep’s supply, destroying every wall and gate, and decimating their strategically placed meatgrinders with countersiege. One is a fight that no one really expects (or wants) to last more than a few minutes. The other is a dragged out siege with the goal of killing them slowly but surely that may last several hours. In one, we don’t care if you get your stuff back. In the other, we are there to upgrade it for all we can.

All of our servers have been fighting like this. It’s always funny to see the chest thumping from each side (our own included) whenever a keep is flipped. One side thinks they are tough kitten because they farmed all the badges, while the other is equally convinced they are super awesome for accomplishing what they set out to do – to reset a waypoint. So both sides win in their own way, both jump onto the forums and say the other sucks, and then both fail to realize the other’s mission was accomplished as well.

There’s a difference between the fights in WvW during the week and those throughout the first night of reset. Everyone’s on equal ground during reset. If you want to do your chest thumping, do it then when the fights are the toughest. The rest of the week stagnates to

• Did you capture something in Eternal? Congrats on beating guild or two and a horde of pugs.
  • Did you capture something in a borderland? Congrats on surprising their lack of defenses with a surprise coordinated zerg.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

KStudios.2850

There’s a difference between resetting an enemy waypoint and going for the long haul of draining a keep’s supply, destroying every wall and gate, and decimating their strategically placed meatgrinders with countersiege. One is a fight that no one really expects (or wants) to last more than a few minutes. The other is a dragged out siege with the goal of killing them slowly but surely that may last several hours. In one, we don’t care if you get your stuff back. In the other, we are there to upgrade it for all we can.

All of our servers have been fighting like this. It’s always funny to see the chest thumping from each side (our own included) whenever a keep is flipped. One side thinks they are tough kitten because they farmed all the badges, while the other is equally convinced they are super awesome for accomplishing what they set out to do – to reset a waypoint. So both sides win in their own way, both jump onto the forums and say the other sucks, and then both fail to realize the other’s mission was accomplished as well.

There’s a difference between the fights in WvW during the week and those throughout the first night of reset. Everyone’s on equal ground during reset. If you want to do your chest thumping, do it then when the fights are the toughest. The rest of the week stagnates to

• Did you capture something in Eternal? Congrats on beating guild or two and a horde of pugs.
  • Did you capture something in a borderland? Congrats on surprising their lack of defenses with a surprise coordinated zerg.

Sounds about right. There’s so many variables involved it would literally take one server owning the entirety of all four maps 24/7 to really prove anything definitively. Which of course is a sure sign that server doesn’t belong where they are and needs to move up a rank or two anyway. Then there’s definitions that fall to pretty much one’s personal opinion(s) and biases. Example: What designates someone as a “pug” anyway? Is it someone who is new, or perhaps only appears in world sporadically or to meet daily requirements? What amount of mobile congregated players constitutes a “zerg”? I’ve seen everything from a dozen or more given that moniker… My point being, winning, losing, all is subjective based upon what one is looking to gain from the WvW experience. Be it, points, badges, player kills, simple social interaction, etc. As you stated, one way or another most if not all of these things are achievable one way or another regardless of your server’s current rank or standing.

That said, as irrelevant as thumping is. It certainly is satisfying. =3

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Peace!

I can taste the mad in this post… it’s so potent. It will be ok AR, your 60 man zerg was busy chasing down roamers instead of defending, something you might want to know.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

checks ehrmy’s evolution

cries inside

I think I’ll take the scenic drive home from work… I’m just not ready for reset… :’(

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

checks ehrmy’s evolution

cries inside

I think I’ll take the scenic drive home from work… I’m just not ready for reset… :’(

Sea of Sorrows’ fall is quite interesting though. Depending on how they do in T4 Ehmry might move up quicker than expected.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

checks ehrmy’s evolution

cries inside

Sea of Sorrows’ fall is quite interesting though. Depending on how they do in T4 Ehmry might move up quicker than expected.

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on them. I gave up watching CD and SBI go back and forth every week.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”