3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

An ill wind is blowing as the tides turn in Tier 2 as Tarnished Coast push on into 1st. Might we see a JQ-SoR-TC T1 yet?

It is possible. Hopefully that WM and the other guilds in that time slot also realize that their safest bet for T1 and possibly first place is to transfer to SoR.

That’s not going to happen. No offense meant, but I can tell you with certainty they will not move.

No offense taken, I try to abide by two things, first every choice you make has an end result and secondly there is nothing certain in a man’s life but that he must lose it.

Good words to live by my friend.

/salute

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Did you know if you’re on the blue server, you often don’t see the fights that happen between red and green. At the same time, you see nearly every fight that involves blue.

It can make it sorta look like everyone is just fighting blue and not each other, if you’re on the blue team of course.

This is what I’m saying right here.

I know for a fact SoR doesn’t ‘sit in their defenses’ and ‘wait for SEA time’ because I get hit hard by them all the time, especially at BAY. Every night!

Maybe at a certain time of day, on one map, for a little while, they hold up and defend. We ALL do that. If SoR is a JQ lap dog, then it’s a zombie dog and only in our lap because it wants to eat us.

/respect

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

I like BG and don’t want to see them drop a tier.

As far as SoR not attacking us. Laughable. Transfer over for a week and you’ll see. They attack us very very hard, usually on the west of BL and North through to WC and Rouges on EB. This whole ‘lapdog’ thing is a joke. If anything BG is our ‘lapdog’ (which is totally laughable as well, but less so than SoR) because they always hit SoR hard.

If BG ignored SoR and only hit us, SoR would be in third place.

Lapdog arguements are easy to make but completely false.

Who wants to fight for second? According to your logic which is sound, just the wrong server, and SoR only attacked JQ and BG only attacked JQ then JQ would be in 3rd and we all would be in a fight for 1st. SoR plays it just like JQ played in Jan. when BG went to T1, They sat in their defenses, poked/ probed at BG and waited for the Oceanic/Sea times and took all of BGs goodies but still not touching SoS for days on end. Maps split perfectly down the middle all week long

BG’s problems are within if you end up 3rd or drop tiers is all because of BG and nobody else.
Please stop blaming everyone else for your own problems, the honorable thing to do is to own up to it.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Zen.8497

Politics and coverage war. Tier 1 is legit no joke a full blown war. JQ is awesome at what they do and SoR hats off to you guys. You have all come a long way and im happy to watch you grow. Everyone wants the top spot because what else do we play for? I good chunk of us at BG know this is not a spiteful double team its just part of a three way fight. It happens! I hope if for whatever reason BG can’t keep up with this that SoR keeps up the push and takes first. The community on your server is great. I did some research about you guys and it totally changed how I felt. Anyways good luck everyone hopefully we can all just keep it up and stay in t1.

All respect for you sir.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Question is can we (SoR) in the future make up enough PPT during NA and SEA/OCX to overcome JQ’s EU superiority?

I must say that our EU has done better this week though. Look forward to some BL action tonight, can we get 2nd again?

Thundercleese ever play a shaman on hellscream?

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Geronomo.5317

Geronomo.5317

Y’all need to stop and think about this ‘my server/your server’ stuff. All servers are made up of essentially the same types of people: gamers. Claiming one server is a weak willed bunch of bandwagoners is absolutely stupid. Those weak willed badnwagoners or just gamers like you and me. And they’re only a small part of a server.

I often wonder what it would be like if they’d chosen different names for the servers. Or given us less servers to choose from. I bet anything that we’d all be playing with a very different group of players, but claiming the exact same things.

The people you say all these negative things about were a name change away from being your best buddies in game. Plain and simple, I bet they could secretly swap the players in one major guild with the players from another and without TS or mumble, no one would know it.

Harping on coverage is one thing. That’s real. But saying one server is the hard working good guys and another is a bunch of devious front running lazy bad people is just nonsense. We’re gamers. The servers are no more than name tags. We all could have ended up on different servers and not noticed much of a difference.

I have to disagree with you. There are some serious bandwagon riders on the T1 servers, there always has been. Whereas most of us may be called similar people, some of us actually take pride in a server we’ve been with since the start. A lot of people get annoyed when guilds transfer to a high tier server they did nothing for, just to say they’re in a high tier.

Just sayin’

The Seldom Seen, Mesmer- [Gods] (I have a commander tag now!)
Co-leader of the Dead Gods on Blackgate!

(edited by Geronomo.5317)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

This is like watching fox news when they got crazy democrat guy and fat republican. It doesn’t what is said, they have the opposite view.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty (relaxing before the reset):

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Y’all need to stop and think about this ‘my server/your server’ stuff. All servers are made up of essentially the same types of people: gamers. Claiming one server is a weak willed bunch of bandwagoners is absolutely stupid. Those weak willed badnwagoners or just gamers like you and me. And they’re only a small part of a server.

I often wonder what it would be like if they’d chosen different names for the servers. Or given us less servers to choose from. I bet anything that we’d all be playing with a very different group of players, but claiming the exact same things.

The people you say all these negative things about were a name change away from being your best buddies in game. Plain and simple, I bet they could secretly swap the players in one major guild with the players from another and without TS or mumble, no one would know it.

Harping on coverage is one thing. That’s real. But saying one server is the hard working good guys and another is a bunch of devious front running lazy bad people is just nonsense. We’re gamers. The servers are no more than name tags. We all could have ended up on different servers and not noticed much of a difference.

I have to disagree with you. There are some serious bandwagon riders on the T1 servers, there always has been. Whereas most of us may be called similar people, some of us actually take pride in a server we’ve been with since the start. A lot of people get annoyed when guilds transfer to a high tier server they did nothing for, just to say they’re in a high tier.

Just sayin’

No. MOST of us take pride in our servers and are NOT bandwagoners on ALL servers, including T 1. The bandwagoners are not nearly as ubiquotous as people make it out.

My point is that the players on JQ for the most part would get along fine with the players on BG and SoR and every other server had they started on and stayed on the same server.

Meaning, most of the servers are made up of gamers who have server pride and put in a good effort. The server is just a name. The PEOPLE on the server are what’s important and EVERY server has pretty much the same demographic and type of people, digital gamers.

If we were all a server together (call it Grenth’s Beanie), we’d all probably get along fine and appreciate each other’s hard work.

But because we’re on different servers, some folks assume the ‘other servers’ are filled with soundrels and deviants and OMG TRANSFERS!!!! BADWAGON! BANDWAGON!

It’s just stupid. We’re all gamers, and more similar than we are different. Most of us are pretty cool when you get to know us (on ALL servers, not just yours)

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

The whole server pride thing is a bit wierd to me. I didn’t start at JQ, but wasn’t happy with the participation on the server I played for so I went to JQ and have never looked back. If I wasn’t happy there I would leave. But I don’t expect things to change anytiem soon so I will be there working towards developing and contributing to my server in any way I can. No point hanging around flogging a dead horse. If WvW is your thing, than unless your lucky to start on a server that is into WvW than your gaming experience will be ruined if your on a server that doesn’t have much WvW participation.

So much tension in here between BG and SOR right now though. I think you guys should both be pretty happy with your efforts. Your servers have both closed the huge gap JQ had.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

What is the point in all this bickering? The T1 match up is as balanced as it can be. Nobody is getting blown out and nobody is dropping out of T1 anytime soon. It would take a miracle in T2 for any of them to move up. We should be thankful for having three competitive servers in this match and having fun fights 24/7.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I’m going to start a betting pool for how long it takes TSYM to blow up another server because nobody likes Colonbale.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Zen.8497

I’m going to start a betting pool for how long it takes TSYM to blow up another server because nobody likes Colonbale.

Nice try. At least get the name right. The thing is TSYM was left behind trying to hold the server together and not the other way around. I’m surprised to see this kind of talk from a JQ player…

(edited by Zen.8497)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

What is the point in all this bickering? The T1 match up is as balanced as it can be. Nobody is getting blown out and nobody is dropping out of T1 anytime soon. It would take a miracle in T2 for any of them to move up. We should be thankful for having three competitive servers in this match and having fun fights 24/7.

Yeah, seriously. Some of the fights that have taken place in this matchup have been amazingly epic from ALL sides. I personally enjoy this matchup, despite the scoreboard. (Anet should hide the scoreboard!) Who cares who’s 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We’re all T1 & we should be having fun playing the game.

Blackgate

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Zen.8497

Yeah, seriously. Some of the fights that have taken place in this matchup have been amazingly epic from ALL sides. I personally enjoy this matchup, despite the scoreboard. (Anet should hide the scoreboard!) Who cares who’s 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We’re all T1 & we should be having fun playing the game.

That’s the spirit. Agreed 100%.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

I agree. I just hope BG don’t get discouraged by all of this forum drama and certain guilds leaving and give up the fight, because it’s quite clear we can hold our own.

Let me say it like this no guild of value gives a crap about this thread. NO ONE! If a few randoms care then that is no skin off my nose. I am the only that reads this out of RK and we are more or less the biggest EU guild on the server now.

Even if we do lose our punishment will be to go back to tier 2 and fight 3 awesome servers that are fun to talk to and know how to have fun.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

(edited by Waage.2047)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Hearing some of the tsym in ts it’s becoming incredibly clear that they were the community builders on sos. They weren’t the problem on that server.

So they aren’t hardcore and have a fun relaxed attitude while still being competitive and it just isn’t about winning. You’ve just described every sor guild.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Zen.8497

Enjoyed the last night fights against KnT. Keep up the good work guys!
I need perma swiftness to catch up with a certain commander though… I can almost hear it… A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

http://i.imgur.com/hxEMqkN.jpg

So is it normal to have enemy guilds representing on their opposition server (JQ)?

I assume this is the same MERC guild that I kill every night?

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Nice try. At least get the name right. The thing is TSYM was left behind trying to hold the server together and not the other way around. I’m surprised to see this kind of talk from a JQ player…

I don’t think you understand, the main point of his post was to say Colonbale because it’s funny

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

So is it normal to have enemy guilds representing on their opposition server (JQ)?

No the name is wrong MERC is Black Lion Mercenary Corps
That MERC is named Black Lion Mercenary Brigade

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

My guess is there are people on BG that would be delighted if they drop to a tier where everyone fights for 1st with smaller non lagging groups spread across all maps and one server not petrified of attacking the #1 (coverage) server

Everyone in T1 fights for first place unless you were speaking for your own server. Given how hard we are hit day in and out by JQ and BG, I can’t see how anyone can complain about anyone else not playing to win.

Seriously, the schtick is getting old.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

Their strategy has clearly been effective. They are the clear second for now.

The meta will have to change once SoR starts playing for first. Both BG and JQ will be working to take points away from SoR.

You make no sense. We always play to win and we always play for first.

I could just as easily accuse BG of playing for second because you constantly hit our objectives, forcing us to stop fighting JQ to come and deal with you. It would be quite legitimate… of course it is only a small part of the bigger picture.

Perspective, try getting some.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

OK thanks for the clarification. Very similar name – what is the difference?

What I mean is, is this other MERC completely unrelated to MERC? or is a sister guild for people not playing with the real MERC?

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Just people trying to stir up trouble.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

SoR plays it just like JQ played in Jan. when BG went to T1, They sat in their defenses, poked/ probed at BG and waited for the Oceanic/Sea times and took all of BGs goodies but still not touching SoS for days on end. Maps split perfectly down the middle all week long

Sorry, but you are blatantly wrong. I am not sure I understand why you are so bitter and angry, but you really need to get a different perspective on the issue and take a look at the entire picture.

All night every night we are bouncing back and forth between fighting JQ and BG. Its like the two of you are playing ping pong and SOR is the ball. Ask yourself this: Why do I have this perspective?

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

You make no sense. We always play to win and we always play for first.

I could just as easily accuse BG of playing for second because you constantly hit our objectives, forcing us to stop fighting JQ to come and deal with you. It would be quite legitimate… of course it is only a small part of the bigger picture.

Perspective, try getting some.

I think we have been playing for second.

Or to hang on to second I should say.

I don’t think anyone on BG thinks we’re in a position to beat JQ right now. The problem is that we hold the second position which means that both SoR and JQ have reason to try and pull points away from us but not necessarily one another.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Zen.8497

I don’t think you understand, the main point of his post was to say Colonbale because it’s funny

Ok Mr. Jedcacca.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Score updateeee

Attachments:

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Black Lion Mercenary Brigade is indeed a MERC sister guild, if memory serves they’re the pve arm of MERC.

I have had many laughs from this thread. It’s been what? 5-6 weeks since SOS last graced t1 with her incredible presence, and yet we are still mentioned in literally every second post. I know we’re amazing guys, but it’s time to move on.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese ever play a shaman on hellscream?

Ah no my friend, if that shaman was also named Thundercleese, must of been another fan of the Brak Show on the Cartoon Network.

This is actually my first MMO.

[EG] – SoR

Garrett Ward – 80 Thief / Roland Ward – 80 Warrior / Tacitus Ward – 80 Necro

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

SoR will have the best people i’ve met so far. If they don’t fit the community they get excommunicated.

Lol the Cult of Rall.

Master Rall guide us. Master Rall teach us. Master Rall protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

I miss that show…

http://youtu.be/6wkHoC5P6Y0

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Interesting. There seems a good possibility SoR might be blue again at this pace by next week.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Can I start crying about the impending 2v1 we’ll face in EB when we move back to blue or has everyone accepted by now that the EB map just naturally disfavors blue?

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Thanks for all of your concerns for Blackgate, but we will be just fine. I predict that the main zerg guilds we have here (ICoa, KnT, and LOTD), will remain until we bump down to T2, at which point the server can have fun again!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Score update. This is not a typical Friday before reset.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Fixeon.5076

You know boulderbolg that post really says a lot about you, and if your views are indeed shared by the rest of your server them too. I find it odd that you would even remotely think that moving down to t2 would be “fun”. And I say that because we have a very competitive tier now. And really if you were to go down to t2 the way your server is now it would be a blowout. There wouldn’t be much competition. Maybe you forgot http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/23#NA

So unless your idea of “fun” is being the biggest bully in the playground then you are exactly where you should be.

Besides the only way anyone is moving up or down is if a server implodes or a T2 server mass recruits and blows out the other servers in T2.

Fixeon – Guardian
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

You know boulderbolg that post really says a lot about you, and if your views are indeed shared by the rest of your server them too. I find it odd that you would even remotely think that moving down to t2 would be “fun”. And I say that because we have a very competitive tier now. And really if you were to go down to t2 the way your server is now it would be a blowout. There wouldn’t be much competition. Maybe you forgot http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/23#NA

So unless your idea of “fun” is being the biggest bully in the playground then you are exactly where you should be.

Besides the only way anyone is moving up or down is if a server implodes or a T2 server mass recruits and blows out the other servers in T2.

You have to understand Boulderbolg and his guild to understand why he might say that. His guild prefers small scale open field encounters, like 5v5 or 10v10, which has been very difficult for them to find in T1, while they found it quite often back when we were in T2. So it’s absolutely not about wanting to be the big bully in town, but rather finding fights more in line with their preferred playstyle.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

Everyone feels the double team. Its a three way fight. The last few weeks has seen SoR and JQ concentrating on BG more than they concentrate on each other. It was the best tactic. SoR doesn’t want to loose a ton of points and be sent down to T2. Can you blame them? The way the Glicko points are right now that means attacking BG on a regular basis so BG doesn’t pull even further ahead of them. JQ on the other hand sees BG in second and wants to make sure they stay down there or get pushed to 3rd for the week and fall even further away from them in points.

It sucks being the man in the middle. Your getting hit from both sides.

Now dont get your whiskers in a bunch JQ and SoR, I know you attack each other. If you didn’t we wouldn’t get a chance to take anything. But to say that your not playing the Meta game is just absurd. We at BG just haven’t been playing it as well as you two. And it is showing lately. See you on the field. /respect to all

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Fixeon.5076

You have to understand Boulderbolg and his guild to understand why he might say that. His guild prefers small scale open field encounters, like 5v5 or 10v10, which has been very difficult for them to find in T1, while they found it quite often back when we were in T2. So it’s absolutely not about wanting to be the big bully in town, but rather finding fights more in line with their preferred playstyle.

I think we all miss the smaller scale battles. I am sure my video card does. But I don’t think you are going to see much of that in T2 either. I had hoped that it would die down a bit after a week but people are still obsessed with ranks.

Fixeon – Guardian
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

We dont want bg to move down, stay there. we need someone to fight during NA times, No PVDoors for us.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

covenn.7165

Everyone feels the double team. Its a three way fight. The last few weeks has seen SoR and JQ concentrating on BG more than they concentrate on each other. It was the best tactic.

Except you are wrong.

SoR doesn’t discriminate in who it takes points from. I am been saying for weeks that we should just leave JQ alone and fight BG only, but I keep getting denied in our server meetings. It isn’t even about points in regards to me wanting to attack BG only. It is about the whining in the forum that will follow.

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Everyone feels the double team. Its a three way fight. The last few weeks has seen SoR and JQ concentrating on BG more than they concentrate on each other. It was the best tactic. SoR doesn’t want to loose a ton of points and be sent down to T2. Can you blame them? The way the Glicko points are right now that means attacking BG on a regular basis so BG doesn’t pull even further ahead of them. JQ on the other hand sees BG in second and wants to make sure they stay down there or get pushed to 3rd for the week and fall even further away from them in points.

It sucks being the man in the middle. Your getting hit from both sides.

Now dont get your whiskers in a bunch JQ and SoR, I know you attack each other. If you didn’t we wouldn’t get a chance to take anything. But to say that your not playing the Meta game is just absurd. We at BG just haven’t been playing it as well as you two. And it is showing lately. See you on the field. /respect to all

Just so you know. When SOR was trying to ease off and rest, Kaineng could have come to T1. SOR wasn’t really losing enough ELO rating to drop to T2 though. At the pace we were going while not pushing OT on WvW, it would have taken another 3-4 months for us to drop to T2 and Kaineng come to T1. (Based off how the T2 and T1 matches were at the time.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Why are we still discussing 2 v 1? We are on course for some role reversal soon , discuss it after you have seen both sides. Unless you are JQ , you can continue to enjoy the view from the top!

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

I think we all miss the smaller scale battles. I am sure my video card does. But I don’t think you are going to see much of that in T2 either. I had hoped that it would die down a bit after a week but people are still obsessed with ranks.

Blackgate has quite a few roaming guilds and what Boulder is trying to say comes down to something as simple as this; Tier 2 allows us to fight 4 vs 10 where we still have a big chance on having a good fight instead of the 4 vs 25+ that we have now in tier 1.

We love fights where we’re outnumbered but there is a difference between picking a fight where you have a chance to win due to good coordination/synergy and being zerged down just because the numbers are just that big.

The smaller roaming groups have always given Blackgate a lot of points these last months but the way the fights are going in tier 1, we feel totally out of place.

There is actually more pressure on us now too because the larger guilds that we have on our server are struggling and the points have to come from other places then what we are used to. So some larger guilds have been speculating on how to get points and are now trying to get 10+ size crews do the work we normally do with just 3-5 players. The map size is pretty good but the pool to fish points from is also getting smaller.

And even if we move to a location to distract, pick points or just look for a fight it will then be countered by a 25+ zerg.

If you’re part of a group like Riot, AAO, oPP, ect… it’s just tough to find those skilled fights that we are craving.

I’m pretty sure that tier 2 is a fair bit less zerg orientated compared to tier 1 since the populations are just smaller and it would mean more gaps in coverage.

Also the new content patches haven’t helped the folks in smaller guilds either… heh

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

(edited by Gully.7358)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Re: SoR teaming up with JQ to take down BG
Welcome to a 3 Realm siege based game. I’m sure your used to Warhammers, and STWOR, and Call of Duties where 2 teams are divided evenly and always face off with each other. In 3 Realm combat games like DAOC and GW2 the third realm throws this balance out the window. You have to pick your battles. Sure you can topple 1 foe any time you want but what happens when the other foe uses your attack as a distraction to then take whats yours.

A commander that looks at his foes and encourages them to attack each other then opens the opportunity to work in the shadow and confusion of the battle. It’s a very smart play. Today it might be JQ that distracts Blackgate while I take a blackgate keep, tomorrow it might be reversed. It just matters who’s running in the solitary mega zerg. Divide and Conquer. It’s how wars are won.

One of the weapons of a commander is their opponents. If they can get them to attack what they want, when they want, tides can turn. Look at Bay last night. We were turtled in the lord room of bay hanging on for dear life expecting to be rubbed out. JQ read that assault as a distraction and acted on it to try to take Garrison from Blackgate. Blackgate had to pull off of their assault on bay to counter the Garrison assault and by the time that fight ended we had 1 keep, 5 supply camps, and 3 towers that we didn’t have at the start of that battle. JQ saw a window and they acted on it, we then acted on the window they gave us. We aren’t working together but JQ’s actions turned the tide of that siege on Bay that we certainly would have lost eventually. It’s tactics in 3 Realm siege gameplay. It’s what makes this interesting.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

(edited by Foghladha.2506)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

happy friday

we so excited

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Ok Mr. Jedcacca.

LOL Jed knows me so well

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/29 JQ - BG - SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

happy friday

we so excited

Wow that’s a lot of dislikes. People can be so mean behind the anonymity of the internet. Good thing these T1 match threads aren’t like that. 0_o

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate