3/8 Kain - FA - TC

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

I was wondering how TC got an 8k lead. I was also wondering why Kain BL was left alone last night from TC but TC BL and FA BL was all red. Hmmm, coincidental? I’m not saying there was 2v1, I’m just calling out factual observation just looking at the maps last night.

Did you miss the part where TC held Kaineng Hills and Bay for the majority of the late morning and evening?

Hell, there’s even posts from I think a [RISE] guy complementing the defense, since they threw something like 8 golems at it.

I was in Kain BL until 1AM, There were quire a bit more TC on the map than FA the entire time. Hills was in fact last to fall and it took about an hour by itself. TC used their waypoint timer and managed supply adroitly. They actually managed to rebuild inner cannons twice, It finally took us two pushes into the Lords room to take it. There was so many spell effects in the lords room I had to use the mini map to figure out where to go once inside. So yea, TC were out in numbers yesterday.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

(edited by eldavo.6054)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Squibbles.8724

Squibbles.8724

We are stuck with each other!

The horror!

Hmm, on reflection I’ll apologize if any of my posts were too trolly. Part of it is I’m stuck visiting relatives for a few days, and thus, unable to WvW. Relatives-induced stress + no WvW outlet = forum trolling.

Another part is that I think I have a skewed view of WvW. Because I almost exclusively only ever run with guild groups (sometimes if RET isn’t in force, with BT, PRO, or AVTR), I guess my experience has been mostly one of dominating uncoordinated zergs. Occasionally we’ll stack against guild groups; those are my favorite fights and are much more interesting and I’ll give due respect to good enemy tactics. RET is still developing and learning/trying new tactics, so any good fight we have is one we relish.

So, when I see TC, or anyone for that matter, boasting about their PPT or success otherwise, part of me goes “WTF we roll those fools so hard.” And then I troll.

Naturally, I’m sure a lot of TC’ers see us boasting and just think “LAWLZ those sobs are sore losers and need to grasp at straws. Suckas need to learn the meta game.” And then they troll.

Rinse, repeat. Vicious cycle.

FA definitely does suck at the meta game. We need to improve on that and could learn from TC. Also, I think some of our fairweathers may have disappeared now that things are actually challenging, putting more pressure on the big WvW guilds to carry the server. At the same time, I think, barring a few guilds, TC could stand to learn a bit from FA and/or Kaineng about tactics, builds, open field combat, etc.

Squibbles – 80 Engineer. Littles – 80 Guardian. Ripples – 80 Necromancer.
[VL] & [RET] of FA

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Styx.1047

Styx.1047

Shoutout to everyone who was at the KN Hills battle in the wee hours of the morning. That was one of the most enjoyable fights I’ve had since I started playing. Good work to everyone involved, KN and TC alike.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

I’m not really sure why folks get so riled up over the various facets of WvW.

It’s not difficult for me to admit that from 2am-5am EST last night I led TC in EB down into FA’s territory and flipped and held all their towers (vs an outmanned FA – not that much of an achievement) while utterly ignoring KN.

Both KN and FA were outmanned, but I was well aware KN would arrive in force at some point, and I didn’t want to risk kicking the hornets nest and having them turn up earlier. At the same time, I wanted to continue to limit FA’s point gain while bolstering TC’s against them, to ensure FA stayed in 3rd and TC stayed in 2nd.

So for 3 hours, other than some supply camps, not a hint of green was touched in EB.

That’s called tactics. You can call it ‘playing for 2nd’ if you wish, but while there is only a 20K gap between KN and TC currently, there is only a ‘10K’ gap between TC and FA. You have to hold on to 2nd and pull ‘away’ from 3rd before you can think about focusing on being 1st.

At around 5am EST, KN’s 40-50 folks rolled into EB, and do you know what KN did? They utterly ignored FA for 2 hours (FA regained all their territory and sat there quietly, outmanned) and rushed up into TC’s 3rd, taking 3 of 4 towers and trying very, very hard to take VS and OL vs 1/3rd their number. After approximately 2 hours of solely TC oriented offense, KN left the map – I assume to look for easier points elsewhere, as OL and VS were proving a massive time sink.

I’m reasonably sure KN spent 2 hours ignoring FA because suddenly, TC was within 20K of passing them. Suddenly, TC is more of a threat than FA. It makes sense for KN to try and prevent TC from pulling too far ahead of FA, as this threatens their own lead.

So, in the end, yes – FA is going to be focused to the exclusion of KN, sometimes. KN will focus TC to the exclusion of FA. And FA more than likely chooses to focus TC over KN at times. That’s how WvW works. There’s an entire meta game beneath the veneer of the things that folks like to talk about which don’t ‘really’ influence the outcome – open field combat, how many loot bags you gain, dueling etc.

Siege strategy (in defense and offense), knowledge of map movements and PPT awareness are what heavily influence a server’s performance in WvW, and the most influential aspect of all is coverage. KN has coverage when TC usually doesn’t, as does FA. TC has a stronger US timezone coverage than either server, when all of our casual players turn up.

Yesterday was a case of TC making a concerted effort to focus FA, keep them down, and pull ahead of them. We hit KN fairly hard also. We had more coverage than usual because people like me pulled 15 hour shifts. We kept things and we took things because we had ‘more’ numbers than usual, and our strategic minds were on hand for longer hours to ensure we ‘kept’ taking and keeping, and defending.

I’m not sure why this is a point of contention at all. It’s nothing to be upset about if you’re FA, and nothing to gloat about if you’re TC.

It’s WvW. It’s a server throwing all its weight into achieving a goal. It’s the desire to make and keep a match competitive.

20K between 1st and 2nd, 10K between 2nd and 3rd. To me, that’s the sign of a very exciting match, and I’d much rather have that than any server falling completely out of contention.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Had a lot of fun in EB last night.

Got into some huge open field battles with both Kain and Tkittenerally right in a row.

The skill lag was impressive, I’m talking inner SMC type skill lag in an open field battle…oy vey!

Then we golem rushed Kain’s keep which was a huge failure, but fun regardless. We had so many people in golems that we had waypointed back, that we didn’t have enough to fight in the middle of the keep. We should have just left the golems and went into the lords room to fight. :P

haha I was there for some of that. I came in with the zerg that sortied you guys and put the golems in retreat. Most of them were killed, but like 3 pilots bailed on that hill in front of the SMC wall. I think you guys had like 8 golems!

On the first rush we had 12(i think, at least 11), and made it into inner…then way pointed them.

Then we got wiped at inner…because 12 of us had to go back with the golems.

When we came back with the golems you guys were already repaired at water gate and we had to bail out…then got beat up on the way out…

The element of surprise was gone, wooooops.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Squibbles.8724

So, do you guys literally have people who sit back in the keeps, receiving scouting reports, watching the maps and timers in all 4 BLs, keep tabs on which guild groups are active in what BLs, and are in charge of allocating and directing your forces from on high?

Cuz…that’d be pretty freaking amazing. Maybe boring, since you don’t get to fight, but incredibly effective in terms of PPT. I know we tend to tunnel vision on the field.

[VL] & [RET] of FA

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Teelia.2063

Teelia.2063

I doubt more than a few people will try and claim that TC is beyond bad sportsmanship and trollish behaviour. To argue any server is above that sort of thing would be useless. This thread shows quite clearly that FA doesn’t have a monopoly on making troll posts.

Apart from some over the top forum warriors, this match has been incredibly refreshing. For MONTHS now, the start of every week has been a foregone conclusion. We were either going to be a 7-day punching bag for a Tier 1 server like BG or SoR, or we were going to get people map completion in Tier 3. Yawn. The good spirits of the BG-Kain-TC thread had their place, but a proper rivalry has been sorely missed.

I spent most of last week wishing that Maguuma had more numbers so they could give us a real fight, because they definitely had the attitude for it. Now, this week, we at long last arrive at a match that has both. We not only have some proper discord going, but FA finally has the numbers and organization to make this anybody’s game. I couldn’t care less about when we rolled them back in Tier 3 when we had twice their people on the field most times of the day. I care about this week, now, where three comparably powerful servers, two of which have a long history and all three of which have coverage gaps ready to be exploited, come to a clash.

This is what WvW is all about. No other tier has it as good as Tier 2 does now, and from the look of the ratings, it seems all three of us are going to be here for a while yet. Anybody who values a close game and a good fight should feel lucky to be here, especially those of you who should probably try to focus a little more on the Mist War and a little less on the Forum War.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Open field combat has its place…if you’re forced to do that. But Keep / Tower / Supply Camp defense and offense is WvW, IMHO.

Open field combat is where 2 zergs meet each other on the way to accomplish something more important. Its great that some guilds are good at it, but its like bringing a Football team to a Baseball game. The overall tactics of such an encounter have no bearing on the game. Might as well be large group spvp.

TC Militia may lack the group coordination of large guilds, but we can defend & take keeps, towers and supply camps with the best of them. Within the scope of our coverage , that is.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Here is the thing that most people don’t realize about WvW. Outside of the t1 stacked servers, most servers are basically the same. They consist of a few good guilds stomping pugs, while the pugs fight other pugs and give and take. The only difference is the # of overall people. Delusions that “1 server is better than the other” when it comes to PVP tend to be skewed, because those who troll the forums tend to only run with organized guild groups – and on either server an organized guild group will usually dominate whatever map they are on. That is just how the game works.

FA in general is not superior at pvp – they are on par. The pugs have plenty of give and take. FA has some really good guilds, TC has some really good guilds, and KN has some really good guilds, and when those guilds roll out they fill their bags quickly and think that the other server is so bad. But if you roll out with the militia, you will see that the pugs everywhere are the same – they make the same mistakes and do the same things.

We are not so different. In the end it’s all about coverage. No reason to get upset. This has been a good match, but unfortunately the server who is losing always ends up with a negative view – because nobody likes losing. It’s just coverage, nothing more. Don’t take it to heart.

edit: And yes, TC has a pretty good scouting force. Back when we were on CD, we hated fighting TC because they would have people from PiNK sitting in the supply camps, and the moment you touched one the rest would roll in to kill you.

It’s easy to camp a keep for hours on end when you have some heavy RP’ing to keep you busy! Although if you bust into a keep and find a few shirtless guys, a helpless maiden and a dolyak, just look away – there’s nothing to see there.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I’m gonna dye my necro’s armor with dolyak blood – oooh, new dye color – to the suggestions forums!

Yeah, good luck with that; nothing EVER gets read in those forums.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

So, do you guys literally have people who sit back in the keeps, receiving scouting reports, watching the maps and timers in all 4 BLs, keep tabs on which guild groups are active in what BLs, and are in charge of allocating and directing your forces from on high?

Cuz…that’d be pretty freaking amazing. Maybe boring, since you don’t get to fight, but incredibly effective in terms of PPT. I know we tend to tunnel vision on the field.

I see the commanders chatter with them all them all the time. There’s a LOT of communication going on, and I have several times seen commanders lead whole huge groups over from various BLs to EB (or the like) to defend in a pinch, or for a particularly big push.

It’s weird because there’s a decent sized crew of people who like to defend keeps, etc, and then those who love to follow the commander on the offensive.

I can’t imagine sitting around a keep playing defense and stuff, but that’s apparently some people’s cup of tea…and I’m thankful for them.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I’m going to jump on the love train and apologize too. It was wisely just pointed out to me that I went too far today. This is a great match up. I’ve been literally counting the weeks in my head and hoping it would happen. I try to troll the trolls to keep things fun and active on the forums, but due to the sensitive nature of this match up, this just isn’t the time for it.

So, sorry guys. My bad.

Here’s to more awesome weeks of these three servers in T2.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

I think it is really a difference in play styles that contributes to TC’s open-field problems.

I don’t accept the premise that TC has problems fighting open-field battles. Take a look at some of the comments from Kain and BG during the time we were all in T2.

The only people that seem to think we have open-field problems are FA (or at least a small number of vocal FA forum warriors). Until I see some evidence that FA guilds are routinely rolling TC guilds (please don’t post some video of BT beating up on a militia group), I’d take all these comments with a big grain of salt (preferably followed up by a frozen margarita).

I followed Odin around EB for a long time yesterday and we got facerolled by KN several times in open field combat. We played havok with their property, and they seemed to have every bit as many people as we did, but in the field…we just didn’t do so hot.

A lot of our wins on the “Capturing” front were due to some truly ballsy and impressive stuff by Odin, as well as impressive communication by scouts and defense. I can’t give the guy enough credit. He’s fantastic.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Vagrant.1094

I can’t speak for the BL’s, but EB has its Queen.

EB has a core group of people who are willing to sit at our towers as early warning systems, who are willing to kite around supply camps and die just to hold up the cap so support can arrive, who pay attention to what I tell them in regards to siege placement and ensure that things are placed correctly.

Yesterday afternoon/evening, 3 of us performed three core tasks – one of us led the offensive zerg, one of us sat back in our 3rd of the map and handled defensive calls/siege, and 1 of us followed KN and FA’s zergs around for hours on end to report on their movements.

Of course, I’m not always on. Neither are the other defense minded folks. We lose towers just as much as any other server through poor play, or lack of response.

But when we’re playing at our ‘best’, EB’s crew is pretty amazing

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Why are people fighting about their position in tier 2?

Isn’t tier two the sexiest tier of them all?

Even if FA gets third place for the next month, we will still be in tier 2 until a strong tier 3 server pushes up. I hope folks aren’t burning themselves out on the forum trolling too early. There will be TONS of time to rub noses in bad fights.

On a lighter note, I am excited to rejoin wvw for this upcoming week and wish everybody a happy St. Patricks day this weekend. I can assume that all australians will be intoxicated and hungover while playing this weekend since this is also known as national binge drinking day.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Squibbles.8724

I see the commanders chatter with them all them all the time. There’s a LOT of communication going on, and I have several times seen commanders lead whole huge groups over from various BLs to EB (or the like) to defend in a pinch, or for a particularly big push.

It’s weird because there’s a decent sized crew of people who like to defend keeps, etc, and then those who love to follow the commander on the offensive.

I can’t imagine sitting around a keep playing defense and stuff, but that’s apparently some people’s cup of tea…and I’m thankful for them.

Well, I know RET and the other big guilds are on the teamspeak server and the leaders try to communicate all the time, and we’ll switch BLs back and forth constantly to defend/attack. I’m more envisioning some General-type figure that overlooks the battlefield from on high and directs all the respective guilds and groups around. Because, like I said, we do have a tendency to tunnel vision.

[VL] & [RET] of FA

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Well you guys are only in T2 because you absorbed other servers, and because you have coverage in a timeslot most servers are dead below t1.

We beat you everytime we faced you, and everytime we get to hear new excuses, just stop it, stop once and for all with the excuses, and show us that you really are so good as you tell everyone. Because all I read right now, all I read is people claiming to be so kitten good, why are you guys not in t1 allready if you are so kitten good.

You guys are only in T2 because you had a larger WvW population and better coverage to start with and then absorbed some of CD after they broke up in T3 in addition to other transfers you’ve received. You are obviously recruiting as well since your thread is continually bumped. To say TC hasn’t benefitted from transfers and only FA has is just beyond stupid. Not sure what you’re point is there unless you were trying to prove that.

The trolly timeline presented outlines the situation pretty clearly in terms of coverage. We are much better than TC at PvP as a server. That’s undeniable. However, that alone doesn’t account for the score difference dropping from 100k to 10k from Dec to Feb. That was when we got our brothers from another mother from IoJ. Coverage levels are close now. We destroy you guys in field. You beat us in PPT meta. You have an 8k or 9k lead for the first time this week which you haven’t stopped bragging about on the forums since yesterday. We had it for the days prior (Excluding KN) and there are 2 days left in this match.

As to why we aren’t in T1. The answer is simple. We don’t have the coverage. I swear you’ve played this game before…

You guys are clearly so much better than TC at PVP its why during every NA prime-time you guys lose ground to us in overall score, PPT and structures. Its why all the hard work that your IoJ guilds do in oceanic time are erased. Don’t be delusional. You are in T2 because you are carried by your oceanic. Your NA has beaten us once during primetime and that was on the Saturday this week, we beat you on reset, on Sunday, on Monday and o boy did we beat you yesterday.

P.S We are going to beat you tonight as well.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

In fairness, I don’t think we’ve had anywhere as many transfers of guilds in as FA has, in the way of IOJ guilds in addition to 4 SOS guilds.

“You guys are only in T2 because you had a larger WvW population and better coverage to start with and then absorbed some of CD after they broke up in T3 in addition to other transfers you’ve received.” This is slightly inaccurate. We moved up to T2 because IOJ was imploding.

It is exactly because this constant ‘we are better than you’ attitude, that showing that we beat FA 8 times should show some perspective against these kind of claims. They can’t keep comming up with new excuses for getting beaten, can they?

How anyone can say that it is ‘undeniable’ that FA is better than TC at PvP, after being beaten 8 times out of 8 is beyond my small brain to understand.

It’s kinda odd that a post that shows pure facts about past matches, makes FAers so angry. Apperently, being reminded of getting beaten 8 times by TC makes some people angry.

So, what shall I do? Be quiet about objective numbers? Ignore the clear facts? Not talk about history because someone gets upset over it? Be bullied into silence?

No!
I shall be a beacon of truth!
I shall stand up against the censors!!
I shall continue to inform the public!!!
I shall keep giving unbiased information!!!!
When other fail, I shall remind people of the past!!!!!

I am Tallis, The Score Keeper and this is my manifesto!

<insert some cool looking symbol here>

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I’m more envisioning some General-type figure that overlooks the battlefield from on high and directs all the respective guilds and groups around. Because, like I said, we do have a tendency to tunnel vision.

I think that TC has the same problem. If there is one thing that I think TC needs to learn, it is to swap maps faster.

A guild usually stays on one map in TC, only leaving when everything is lost or it is out of danger. If guilds would swap maps faster, we would have more points now.

It is not uncommon to for TC to loose TCBL (again) to 30 Kaineg in the morning with only 15 TCers on it, while there are 10 TCers on FABL doing their thing and 10 TCers on KBL doing theirs and 20 on EB.

It’s the small price we pay for being a server with 100 smaller guilds, plenty of them RP guilds. I’m ok with that price: people having fun, people playing with friends, people achieving their own goals.

It may not be the most effective in WWW, but in the end the game is about having fun.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Squibbles.8724

And here I thought some civility was returning. /facepalm

[VL] & [RET] of FA

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Well, I know RET and the other big guilds are on the teamspeak server and the leaders try to communicate all the time, and we’ll switch BLs back and forth constantly to defend/attack. I’m more envisioning some General-type figure that overlooks the battlefield from on high and directs all the respective guilds and groups around. Because, like I said, we do have a tendency to tunnel vision.

Nyari is the closest thing you will find to a ‘general’ on TC.

I try to take a similar role during our off-peak time (WM’s primetime) but I deal with the three borderlands.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

You guys are clearly so much better than TC at PVP its why during every NA prime-time you guys lose ground to us in overall score, PPT and structures. Its why all the hard work that your IoJ guilds do in oceanic time are erased. Don’t be delusional. You are in T2 because you are carried by your oceanic. Your NA has beaten us once during primetime and that was on the Saturday this week, we beat you on reset, on Sunday, on Monday and o boy did we beat you yesterday.

Have a little class. Yes, we’re (TC) better at WvW at this point… Let him maintain his point of view, and let the battlefield show him your point of view. TC is supposed to be known for the great community and really decent people. Please don’t make strides to ruin that image for the rest of us.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Yeah it’s pretty amazing how fast TC can organize a defense of their own BL.

I remember coming to TCBL that was completely red and fortified like 2 days ago with probably 30 or so people. Most of these guys were RET too. We finished taking the first tower in less than a minute and moved on hills. They managed to field a group just as large as ours within a minute of seeing their first tower turn red.

I was like holy wtfpickle.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Alisgale.6381

Alisgale.6381

Have a little class. Yes, we’re (Tc) better at WvW at this point… Let him maintain his point of view, and let the battlefield show him your point of view. TC is supposed to be known for hte great community and really decent people. Please don’t make strides to ruin that image for the rest of us.

Well its been a great match up so far but to all the TC naysayers and chest thumping don’t forget it wasn’t but two days ago we were ahead by 10K. If anything FA is more inspired than ever. Get ready for some intense battles these next two days.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Yeah, tone doesn’t carry very well over text. My whole post was sarcastic. No server has reached T2 without transfers. No server has really….moved anyone without transfers at this point. All servers have also gotten to where they are due to the implosion of servers above starting with HoD. My statement was merely acting as a foil to the silliness of trying to point to one server and say “you only got here due to transfers”. My PvP statement was an unnecessary jab who’s goal was to draw attention to the statement following it. However, as I said before, I have realized too late that this just isn’t the place for such sarcasm and ribbing right now.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Vagrant.1094

Nyari is the closest thing you will find to a ‘general’ on TC.

I’m General(ly) DyingAtASupplyCamp ^^

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB (and being a pretty corpse)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

Well its been a great match up so far but to all the TC naysayers and chest thumping don’t forget it wasn’t but two days ago we were ahead by 10K. If anything FA is more inspired than ever. Get ready for some intense battles these next two days.

:-D Good.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Usagi.4835

I remember coming to TCBL that was completely red and fortified like 2 days ago with probably 30 or so people. Most of these guys were RET too. We finished taking the first tower in less than a minute and moved on hills. They managed to field a group just as large as ours within a minute of seeing their first tower turn red.

Actually, I think it might have been on reset or last week, but I remember seeing EVERYTHING in FABL fortified and upgraded, including camps, and boy, was I annoyed lol.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Styx.1047

Styx.1047

Every server got partially where it is by force of nature. One server implodes, active people move elsewhere. A large guild gets angry with something, moves somewhere else. “If you didn’t have so many people on your server, we’d beat you”. Well, sure. A larger population means more bodies, but it also means a higher pool of potential. You’ll find more people of quality with more people in general. You also get more chaff. It’s nothing to flex or moan over in the long run. Note that I’m not specifically talking about any one server here, just the general structure of things.

Everyone has rolled, and gotten rolled. Being part of a highly organized guild structure means you probably see more of one side of that coin than the other. It’s not an accurate representation of the whole picture by any stretch. Misrepresented distribution is the source of a lot of self-aggrandizing egotism. That’s why anecdotal evidence isn’t scientifically acceptable. “Well, all my friends say that the sky is green” isn’t an accurate statement if you happen to live in a pocket of people who call blue a different color, or have problems with their eyes.

I don’t generally believe in public gloating in any case. It clouds the issue of the fight. I’ve been in a group of 20 this week that wiped a group of 40+. I’ve been in groups of suicide missions. I’ve been caught off guard. I’ve thrashed and been thrashed in turn. The scores are, relatively speaking, so close because we’re all a threat to each other right now. That’s a good thing, and if this is what our fights are going to be like, I’m perfectly happy sitting in this tier for quite awhile. Of course, that’s probably what’s got people so riled up in the first place, blood feuds aside.

Fight, learn, fight harder, have fun. It’s been a good week.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

Actually, I think it might have been on reset or last week, but I remember seeing EVERYTHING in FABL fortified and upgraded, including camps, and boy, was I annoyed lol.

Hmm, I wasn’t here during the last reset or this one, so I’m pretty sure it wasn’t that.

I’m absolutely positive it was this within the past few days. The people that came weren’t really part of an organized guild or anything. They were a mix of guilds.

Btw, your hills defense was successful, if that rings a bell

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

Here ya go

15 Characterz

Attachments:

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Overall, this has been a great match-up. Kain and FA are both great opponents. I personally really enjoy fighting FA. The reason? They are the most similar to TC in WvW ability. That means the match-ups will always be close.

I think in general, there are a number of people who are too sensitive on all servers. They tend to post here the most either bragging or feeling the need to defend.

That said, in the actual game, the battles are fierce and the competition is sportsmanlike. I hope this 3 way battle continues for many weeks.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Hmm, I wasn’t here during the last reset or this one, so I’m pretty sure it wasn’t that.

I’m absolutely positive it was this within the past few days. The people that came weren’t really part of an organized guild or anything. They were a mix of guilds.

Btw, your hills defense was successful, if that rings a bell

If it was within the last ten hours or so, I was sleeping lol… Whenever I say I’m off to take a one-hour nap, it turns into several hours or more or something..

Oh I just realised, it’s War Machine Wednesday and in two days’ time, it’ll be Faspenwood Friday!

(edited by Usagi.4835)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I was wondering how TC got an 8k lead. I was also wondering why Kain BL was left alone last night from TC but TC BL and FA BL was all red. Hmmm, coincidental? I’m not saying there was 2v1, I’m just calling out factual observation just looking at the maps last night.

Most likely. I’ll explain a few things (for context, I am a fort aspenwoody and I wvw with our server very frequently):

If Server 1 is focusing Server 2, it’s bad for Server 3 to focus Server 2. Why? because they’ll draw the ire of Server 1, and Server 2 is most likely smart enough to know that in order to get more points, you have to be on the delivering side of the 2 v 1.

Hence, whichever server is getting focused by another (Kain focuses FA, TC focuses FA) the server that isn’t focusing or getting focused…is likely to attack the server getting focused (i.e. other server focuses FA).

Here’s another fact:

FA is second place.
Kaineng is first place
TC is third place.

This was true in terms of points this round up until very very recently. Now, TC (formerly third) knows they cannot beat Kaineng. So what will they do? They’re pretty close in points to FA, so they’re going to play smartly for second place.

What about Kaineng? Well, they are already first, so they want to enlarge the gap between them and the second place server. Why would it make sense attacking the third place server, drawing their ire, and possibly getting double teamed and losing many points off their lead?

The point is, the second place server is very likely to get double teamed if the third place server is close in points to them.

and for those whining FA above, do not complain (I checked this morning and around 1PM EST Kaineng borderlands was half red, TC borderlands was half green, and FABL was almost completely blue. Wanna call double team again?). In case you are wondering, I am in Fort Aspenwood right now. I came here from Isle of Janthir and the last week where were in T3, FA did NOTHING but focus down Isle of Janthir because you wanted to play for second. Hence, you double teamed the second place team, because you wanted to play for second. Now that TC does this, you are crying like little babies.

It’s smart playing.

Anyways, for those who aren’t trolls/whiners/babies, I had a great time in FA BL this morning. It was fun defending both our northern towers from Kaineng. Props to you for nice fights, and for stopping our Bay Backcap against TC the first time around.

I have a lot of respect for you. Your posts are well thought out and intelligent and just put down all the facts and leave it at that without any agenda or angle.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

I think it is really a difference in play styles that contributes to TC’s open-field problems.

I don’t accept the premise that TC has problems fighting open-field battles. Take a look at some of the comments from Kain and BG during the time we were all in T2.

The only people that seem to think we have open-field problems are FA (or at least a small number of vocal FA forum warriors). Until I see some evidence that FA guilds are routinely rolling TC guilds (please don’t post some video of BT beating up on a militia group), I’d take all these comments with a big grain of salt (preferably followed up by a frozen margarita).

I am a sad panda that I’m missing this week and the fights until next Monday. I for one am very happy to see how heated the rivalry is becoming, people talk kitten, who cares. If you have any ounce of competitiveness in you, you have to admit you are more into this week’s fights then before.

Thankfully I got to enjoy Reset Night before I departed. Ask and you shall receive! Neither trolling, nor flaming, simply posting video! [TL] and [RUN] from Kain and [DIS] and [TSL] from TC.

Here’s what happened on Reset Night. We numbered around 30 as a group for the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H2asfSgMI4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4yWxsfts9pk

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Have yourselves a score update! Rawr and stuffs…

Attachments:

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I just wanted to point out that only people that are as close as family can push your buttons and make you react. Just sayin’.

So, in effect, whether we like it or not, we’re one big dysfunctional family here in Tier 2.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wanted to give a shout out to the Kaineng guilds who made my afternoon on EB completely miserable. lol.

*shakes fist

How on earth can I deal with my OCD “must upgrade all the things” when you keep steamrolling through over and over and over and over …

Good job you guys.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Even though [PiNK] wasn’t out in force last night, I hung around with [CERN] and lots of other guilds and just tried to do my part as a good militia member. I recorded a little here . This particular encounter surprsingly featured 3 pretty good zergs from all sides and the mayhem that ensued. You rock Tier 2!

WATCH ME!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

-TC made a guild called [FA]good luck in tier 4, when we were completly outnumbered by your server.

That must’ve been amazing LOL.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shazbot.8906

Shazbot.8906

Can’t we just get along here?

Can’t we just kill each other in game?

To anyone chest thumping over the past couple pages, I hope to see you online!

Group hug on the quaggan node tonight? I promise not to wear my newly dolyak blood dyed gear if you guys promise not to wear FA tear colored clothing.

Let’s petition Anet for a /hug emote. I use to do that all the time in WoW when I beat someone in a 1v1, now I have to /salute and make it seem all professional.

Grifithh / Grf – Thief / Elementalist
Quaggan-Cheng Derp Squad
Tarnished Coast – [DIS]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Group hug on the quaggan node tonight? I promise not to wear my newly dolyak blood dyed gear if you guys promise not to wear FA tear colored clothing.

Let’s petition Anet for a /hug emote. I use to do that all the time in WoW when I beat someone in a 1v1, now I have to /salute and make it seem all professional.

I would love this! I would follow the FA Zerg around emoting this, even after death, to hug the cranky out. God knows I do it enough with our own players

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I would love this! I would follow the FA Zerg around emoting this, even after death, to hug the cranky out. God knows I do it enough with our own players

I’m glad you feel that way!

/winks at Jayne.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shazbot.8906

Shazbot.8906

I had a habit of doing it months ago close to release, only to be greeted by the “Unknown Command” text. ;_;

Grifithh / Grf – Thief / Elementalist
Quaggan-Cheng Derp Squad
Tarnished Coast – [DIS]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

/winks at Jayne.

Doh. Foiled by my own forum protocols …. Or did you really want a hug?

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

/winks at Jayne.

Both! You are seriously one of the people that makes TC so great.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I had a habit of doing it months ago close to release, only to be greeted by the “Unknown Command” text. ;_;

If you use custom emotes you can do almost anything ….

/emote Jayne tickles a FA Invader

…. Is what I typically do when someone won’t wp out …. Sadly all they see is

A Tarnished Coast Defender gestures.

Heck, I’ve even been known to offer cookies too!

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

/winks at Jayne.

Both! You are seriously one of the people that makes TC so great.

I’m pretty fond of you too

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Any chance for a score and map update?

FA Mesmo – [VK]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

-when facing BG and u guys It happened quite often that we were inside a BG keep trying to get inner gate down, when TC showed up, wiped us and left, not even trying to take bg’s keep…

I remember many of those times. We would come in, kill FA and then leave the keep for BG because we wanted them to remain a presence in that BG so we could maximize our PPT against FA. That is called strategy, because as you guys have already pointed out TC plays to maximize PPT.

Ahh the good old days.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach