et’s nitecrew stalled out today :O

quick call the presses im not sayin its aliens but

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

You have lower numbers than SF, this is a fact, there’s no need to go overboard and claim the numbers are vastly in our favor. We’ve lost numbers as well with people transferring out of the tier or staying out of wvw due to boredom.

Go overboard? LOL! You realize the Glicko system, as slow as it is to respond, realizes that your forces so vastly out number us that winning by 160+K points is a sub par showing for you. That should be a wake up call of how out manned we really are.

I guess stating the painfully obvious is well… painful to some. LOL!

The Glicko system has nothing to do with world population. Do you not understand the issue we are seeing with the Glicko system being used in a multi-tier structure?
I understand that you are outnumbered, and I understand that it’s been that way for a couple months, but don’t just make stuff up to support your case.
Anybody feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost certain that Glicko doesn’t account for population at all.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

D W.5179

Good fights last night Ferg, keep it up!

Attachments:

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

You have lower numbers than SF, this is a fact, there’s no need to go overboard and claim the numbers are vastly in our favor. We’ve lost numbers as well with people transferring out of the tier or staying out of wvw due to boredom.

Go overboard? LOL! You realize the Glicko system, as slow as it is to respond, realizes that your forces so vastly out number us that winning by 160+K points is a sub par showing for you. That should be a wake up call of how out manned we really are.

The Glicko system has nothing to do with world population. Do you not understand the issue we are seeing with the Glicko system being used in a multi-tier structure?
I understand that you are outnumbered, and I understand that it’s been that way for a couple months, but don’t just make stuff up to support your case.
Anybody feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m almost certain that Glicko doesn’t account for population at all.

at this point, all glicko can reasonably be used to measure is wvw population

skill, its intended measurable, is a non factor because its just white noise compared to the effect of having larger or secondary (or tertiary or quaternary) groups available to fight over objectives…

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

D W.5179

at this point, all glicko can reasonably be used to measure is wvw population

skill, its intended measurable, is a non factor because its just white noise compared to the effect of having larger or secondary (or tertiary or quaternary) groups available to fight over objectives…

If you think the T8 glicko ghetto issue is related to server population, then you don’t know what the T8 glicko issue is.
I welcome anybody to prove me wrong, but to my knowledge, Glicko doesn’t take population in to account at all.
I’m stating this because it was said “You realize the Glicko system, as slow as it is to respond, realizes that your forces so vastly out number us that winning by 160+K points is a sub par showing for you.” but that is not correct at all. No variable in the glicko math accounts for population (please prove me wrong if I’m wrong).

That being said, please know that I do not disagree that you are outnumbered, and you can check my post history as well. It’s been obvious to me for some time now that we outnumber both servers. I don’t know by how much but I know that we do indeed outnumber both of you.

EDIT: @Insanemaniac, yes I agree with you, the current scores are mostly a representation of server population, BUT when there is a blowout in a matchup and the team that stomped the other two teams does not get any rating increase, this IS NOT because Glicko recognized a population difference.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Ooooh, really? Let’s try it. Here, screenshots of my death by and the subsequent death of DAD dude.

Kay, welcome to WvW! I would like to note that you have the distinct privledge of haivng taken the first screenshot (that I have found) of me on the battlefield. Well, sort of. That second screenshot of the Garrison fight, that red tag that ends with [Chef] is me! LOL, I died pushing up those stairs and taking a downed player out. So much fun! Good fight there!

And to the folks that were spawn camping us last night (ET BL) that was fun repeatedly charging in to take out your siege. I got to those ballista each time with no fight until I was hitting your siege. But it was my bedtime so once we took Greenlake I had to go.

Anyways, lots of fun again last night. The fights have been great all around!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

EDIT: @Insanemaniac, yes I agree with you, the current scores are mostly a representation of server population, BUT when there is a blowout in a matchup and the team that stomped the other two teams does not get any rating increase, this IS NOT because Glicko recognized a population difference.

glicko doesnt recognize anything. it just takes old data, new data, and spits out the next numbers. population has the largest effect on the data put in.

you see big positive changes when low rating beats high rating. you see little (or negative) changes when high rating beats low rating. the systems goal is to pair similar ratings to fight. weird things happen when you have a small pool of competitors and force pairings without changing the rules some, like rating isolation, which is what is screwing us over now.

idk man, the rating gap / tier isolation / ghetto isnt related to population, its related to changing ratings, which is more or less equivalent to changing population. but a number and its derivative arent normally related in any other way besides being a derivative.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

D W.5179

glicko doesnt recognize anything. it just takes old data, new data, and spits out the next numbers. population has the largest effect on the data put in.

you see big positive changes when low rating beats high rating. you see little (or negative) changes when high rating beats low rating. the systems goal is to pair similar ratings to fight. weird things happen when you have a small pool of competitors and force pairings without changing the rules some, like rating isolation, which is what is screwing us over now.

idk man, the rating gap / tier isolation / ghetto isnt related to population, its related to changing ratings, which is more or less equivalent to changing population. but a number and its derivative arent normally related in any other way besides being a derivative.

Yes that is absolutely correct, and I’m on the same page as you. I was just pointing out that the following from Ungood was BS:

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Yes that is absolutely correct, and I’m on the same page as you. I was just pointing out that the following from Ungood was BS:

oh, yeah i suppose

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

D W.5179

oh, yeah i suppose

Hmm figured I’d come back and mention that it’s hard to tell context and tone in a forum, and I may have taken what Ungood said out of context, thinking he meant something he did not.
Reading the post from Ungood here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Tier-8-Points-Extremely-Scewed/page/3#post1625256
It is clear to me that he understands how the system works, and that he wasn’t really saying what I had assumed. Sorry for the attack Ungood, I believe I took the population to glicko relationship you mentioned out of context. Carry on smartly

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

Zen – Excellent! I will try and keep an eye out for your guild tag & zapping. My tag is CRUX, and I’ve got the masquerade ballgown style skirt on so that might help. I’m usually either throwing fire or water around, or dead.

Also, man the golems are awesome! So fun to pilot. Next time they get offered I won’t hesitate.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

Cantur Soulfyre – Hey, so that’s you! I’ll have to keep an eye out for tags at this point, it looks like. But yeah, that was a great fun battle. I love sieging, both defending and assaulting. Even knocking on the gate amuses me. I feel like a really aggressive door to door salesman.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I woke early today to meet the so called “ET night/morning crew”. What disapointment to see they didn’t show up this night…

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

I woke early today to meet the so called “ET night/morning crew”. What disapointment to see they didn’t show up this night…

we stalled you out it was pretty awesome

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre – Hey, so that’s you! I’ll have to keep an eye out for tags at this point, it looks like. But yeah, that was a great fun battle. I love sieging, both defending and assaulting. Even knocking on the gate amuses me. I feel like a really aggressive door to door salesman.

LOL, that is an awesome analogy!

If you have ever watched OLD Saturday Night Live skits, I compare it to the Land Shark ones. Sorry this has a commercial before the clip but all the ones on youtube have been taken down by NBC. http://www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

-1:30-12:30 – SF 500 (que full ect), ET and FC (100-200)

I switch between maps constantly and rarely ever see a queue. Just so you know.

Also, question, do you see your own Orange Swords you create?

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

(edited by pulsecodesgnl.3470)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

-1:30-12:30 – SF 500 (que full ect), ET and FC (100-200)

I switch between maps constantly and rarely ever see a queue. Just so you know.

I was thinking the same thing about the swords, but I am sure you can see them.

We have been seeing more and more of them from ET, but everyone on here acts like they have never generated them…I know we have seen them on many occasions the last couple of weeks, honestly don’t remember seeing any from Ferg but I could be wrong.

Mag Server Leader

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Maybe one week we will hit 1million and get moved up….I would love to see us around 500k by reset.

Mag Server Leader

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

We have been seeing more and more of them from ET, but everyone on here acts like they have never generated them…I know we have seen them on many occasions the last couple of weeks, honestly don’t remember seeing any from Ferg but I could be wrong.

Yeah that’s why I’m confused. I constantly see swords in ET and FC, especially during primetime; and I know they aren’t ours because I like to roam in small groups, and running towards those swords usually ends up being bad for us lol, yet fun.

I think a week ago in the ET borderlands there were 2-3 Orange swords on the map, and there was no SF presence, it was ET/FC fighting each other. I dragged a bunch of guildies into the map and had some of the most fun fights (three way) I’ve had in a long time. It makes me excited to get into a higher tier which I know won’t happen soon.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

yes.

i know this because a week or two ago the ‘zerg’ i was rolling with was joking about it as we were hitting a tower. conversation went something like this: “wow, we have alot of people in the group this time… more than usual, think we’ll make orange swords?” “i dunno, let’s see.” we commence ramming the door. “Nope.” “awwwww.” my husband shows up and starts hitting the door too, and viola, orange swords! “Ahh! there we go! LOL” “LOL”

i never said we NEVER make orange swords. i said we RARELY make orange swords. XD

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: XxNuggetxX.7823

XxNuggetxX.7823

Well as usual Thanks to all the FC that came out on nite shift last nite. We BS commanders Are loving the turnouts. We are still the strongest nite server in T8 and it looks like we are getting stronger

as of when i looked at the score b4 i left for work we have just overtakken ET 75k to 74.8k keep it up guys!

EDIT: Thanks insanemaniac for coming out with us last nite. We BS always love to see you hahahaha and also thanks to Azmika and the other commander (sorry didnt get your name) for picking up once i needed to head to bed.

XnuggetX: 80 Engineer – Nuggetxxx: 80 Gardian
Bloody Swagmen[BS], Fergs Night Crew.
Senior Member, Commander Tag.

(edited by XxNuggetxX.7823)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Funny thing is that if the rest of the world realized America is indeed the center of the universe, daylight savings time wouldn’t have trimmed an hour off our nighttime coverage gap :P

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

I wouldn’t get into debates about this anymore because its obviously a touchy subject.

It’s not a touchy subject for me at all. In fact I find it hilarious that SF keeps trying to down play their numerical advantage.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

i never said we NEVER make orange swords. i said we RARELY make orange swords. XD

No one ever said ET never makes Orange swords, but you know how it goes when you talk about a sensitive subject like force numbers with SF.

(edited by Ungood.3054)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

HaHaHa…..not a sensitive subject for SF. Seems like it is very sensitive to some people though.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by FilthyRat.4652)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

nah most SF are realistic about outnumbering us (the same SF that are in wvw all the time), nothing we can do and nothing they can do about it except for either of us to move… given the cost and attachment to our servers, I don’t think that’s going to happen for either of us

we’re making the best out of our match up with fun skirmishes once in a while – keep it up guys see you in wvw or pve if you ever want to guest and hang out

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

According to the patch notes, Orange sword are triggered whenever 25 or more people engage in combat. It is not required they be on the same team. So, if 15 SF and 10 ET fought, orange swords would trigger.

So, maybe you are seeing more orange swords, because you are fielding far more forces then you think you are.

As for the Rat’ kitten #8217;s, yah, loved it, 25+ Man zerg ball, and you’re still not out manned. Sigh

Wish I had been there, would be kinda cool to know if ET had the out manned buff up.

(edited by Ungood.3054)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

nah most SF are realistic about outnumbering us (the same SF that are in wvw all the time),

Well that’s good to know. Would be shame to not give credit where it is due.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Borodo.6270

Borodo.6270

This is fc attacking longview before our zerg.

Attachments:

Y’know sometimes theres nothing better then Quaggans and Siege Golems!

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Just actually went to switch to WvW and saw the scoreboard. I knew it was a matter of time before Fergs would take their place back. Hopefully in a few days you will increase the lead. Good job FC, keep up the good work.

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

Sorry, been having computer troubles and just sold the house, been on the laptop so I can’t really play.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Borodo.6270

Borodo.6270

After zerg. Sorrow’s Furnace wins AGAIN!

Attachments:

Y’know sometimes theres nothing better then Quaggans and Siege Golems!

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

It makes me excited to get into a higher tier which I know won’t happen soon.

Don’t give up hope. get out there and fight. SF is looking to get a 48 maybe 50 point jump this week, and if you can pull that off again next week, you are looking to pull out of T8.

So, don’t let it get you down.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Funny thing is that if the rest of the world realized America is indeed the center of the universe, daylight savings time wouldn’t have trimmed an hour off our nighttime coverage gap :P

Wait…daylight saving is actually good for something??

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

Man, long hard day at work today. Heading straight into wvw hoping to hit the Ferg prime time.

Public service announcement for the good [Chef] and [Shin] SFs, I’ll keep an eye out for you! I’ll be the ele with the poofy masquerade skirt and the [Crux] tag. I’ll jump up and down if I spot you or something, hitting space might be less lethal than trying to remember to type out /bow.

Also, man I wish we had land sharks. … Do we have land sharks?

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Also, man I wish we had land sharks. … Do we have land sharks?

Given how useless water sharks have been at finding me in a freshly captured Bay keep on borderlands, I’d wager it’s a good thing that land sharks don’t exist.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

Yeah, the sharks are pretty harmless. Now the wolves are a pain in the dolyak, I tell you what.

Hmm, not really any fun screenshots yet (no big battles, little skirmishes, taking down lots of gates). Next post!

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

I like having balance in my game. Take some, lose some.

Attachments:

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

…!!! ZEN IS THAT YOU?

Attachments:

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Leila Rae.3186

Leila Rae.3186

Ooooh, really? Let’s try it. Here, screenshots of my death by and the subsequent death of DAD dude.

Hahaha that second screen shot that has Cantar in it with the Chef guild tag has me right beside him with the ICE guild tag xD That night we had been dying by each other’s sides all night hahaha! Awesome Screen Shot ahhh man that was a great night!

BTW, my in game name is Lyndsa Ruddock haha First post here! Leila Rae was my old toon from GW1 xD Nice to meet you all finally!!

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: XxNuggetxX.7823

XxNuggetxX.7823

Hahaha that second screen shot that has Cantar in it with the Chef guild tag has me right beside him with the ICE guild tag xD That night we had been dying by each other’s sides all night hahaha! Awesome Screen Shot ahhh man that was a great night!

BTW, my in game name is Lyndsa Ruddock haha First post here! Leila Rae was my old toon from GW1 xD Nice to meet you all finally!!

Yea, nice to see you/more form users pop up. I get bored at work if i have only a few ppl replying to my posts

XnuggetX: 80 Engineer – Nuggetxxx: 80 Gardian
Bloody Swagmen[BS], Fergs Night Crew.
Senior Member, Commander Tag.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Kay.5416

I had a blast tonight! Some very fun battles. I joined up with a little Ferg zerg we briefly had going on. Got smacked down by SF at the end, and I was extremely amused. I managed to whisp out right at the moment of the poor guy trying to finish me off, and jumped off the cliff into the water! Then of course got killed. Y’all are stubborn.

Next, brief bit of daydreaming— that armor is what I’m wanting badges for. Mm Invader’s armor.

And finally, most fun surprise of the day. See the chat log? My buddies were doing the jumping puzzle, I was just hanging out. I’d seen an arrow go by and saw the red and… It was someone somehow familiar! So neat. We /bowed and each went on our merry way.

Attachments:

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

I brought a friend in case ET came to the EB jp earlier in the night but I left to go out in the field…and Dc’d. Not really sure what happens to golems when you dc but hope someone was able to use it.

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Posted by: Grimms.9016

Grimms.9016

I’ve had a great experience in WvW… From all three servers. I’ve gotten to know a ton of people on the opposing sides since we are locked in our eternal match-up, and I must say, I gained a lot of respect for every person that I’ve come to know on that WvW soil, no matter what the color.

-> This <- is how I feel on Sorrow’s Furnace.

See you on the battlefield.

Seven Mirror [KING] – Sorrow’s Furnace
7mirror vids/builds

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Congrats to Fergs night crew

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by FilthyRat.4652)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

nah most SF are realistic about outnumbering us (the same SF that are in wvw all the time),

Well that’s good to know. Would be shame to not give credit where it is due.

I love how smiling thinks he knows who is on WvW all the time…Also MOST of us will admit that we technically outnumber you, the disagreement however stems from the fact that you guys are implicating that we outnumber substantially…Which is not the case at all, I would venture to guess that it is not even close to a 2:1 ratio. It may have been in the past, but I have not personally seen that other than exceptional times. Those times are rare, and likewise have been times where ET and even FC have outnumbered us seemingly 2:1.

There is no doubt we have a larger server, the argument from people like me was that you have a larger pool of people to draw from than you think/claim, the issue you have is that those people are not participating on a regular basis. You should ask around bro, I am in WvW a lot. I’ve seen you a bunch, tags on and off, commander on and off as well.

In fact, pretty sure that was you on that treb in Dane last night, I was the one rushing it so I could get some time for our treb to get it located, and to have a nice vantage point to spot for them.

I am in WvW every day, the forces we had yesterday during the time you were in Dane, and Mend was in Pang we had about 35 or so people in EB total and that was about 15 minutes after Mend sieged up Pang, before that we had maybe 15-20. There was a handful of SF at Pang/Ogrewatch, and the main force at Dane/Lang.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

FilthyRat.4652

Not sure what the plan was here but it failed.

Attachments:

Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

I love how smiling thinks he knows who is on WvW all the time…Also MOST of us will admit that we technically outnumber you, the disagreement however stems from the fact that you guys are implicating that we outnumber substantially…Which is not the case at all, I would venture to guess that it is not even close to a 2:1 ratio.

You have around 300+ points of “manpower” above us and growing.

To explain that in simple terms you first must realize that Server Population != WvWvW Population, so if you were looking in LA for the Disparity in force numbers between ET/FC/SF, you were looking at the wrong part of the game.

In other words, two servers could have identical populations and yet have vastly different force numbers when it comes to WvWvW. Simplified further: If server A has 30% of their population playing WvWvW and Server B has 10%, even if Server A and B have the same number of people on their server, Server A will outnumber Server B by 3 – 1 on the WvWvW Field.

I could go on to explain coverage, time played, and homogenization principals, but that would require a very long post (perhaps a several Post break down) and it would involve the reader wanting to discuss complex concepts and math, which tends to not bode well on these forums.

So, lets keep it simple for the sake of discussion, now, unless SF has a massive queue to get on the battle field, you won’t see the people who want to WvWvW in LA as they will be on the WvWvW maps fighting. Equally so, if there is a long Queue, you won’t see them in LA either, as they are better served to go off and PvE while they wait to get into the Battle Field, as you can access it from any part of PvE the game.

So to tell me you did not see hoards of people in LA, is really expected. I mean, beyond fractals and zone explorer (That PvE Stuff), there is zero need to hang around LA anyway. So, not to be rude, when you talk of no one being in LA, well, if they are gamers like me, they are off where the action is. If LA was full of players on SF, I would be kinda shocked to tell the truth, more so wondering why they were just standing around in LA.

As for the solid numbers. I think Nugget is pretty close to where things sit.

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

I love how smiling thinks he knows who is on WvW all the time…Also MOST of us will admit that we technically outnumber you, the disagreement however stems from the fact that you guys are implicating that we outnumber substantially…Which is not the case at all, I would venture to guess that it is not even close to a 2:1 ratio.

To explain that in simple terms you first must realize that Server Population != WvWvW Population, so if you were looking in LA for the Disparity in force numbers between ET/FC/SF, you were looking at the wrong part of the game.

In other words, two servers could have identical populations and yet have vastly different force numbers when it comes to WvWvW. Simplified further: If server A has 30% of their population playing WvWvW and Server B has 10%, even if Server A and B have the same number of people on their server, Server A will outnumber Server B by 3 – 1 on the WvWvW Field.

I could go on to explain coverage, time played, and homogenization principals, but that would require a very long post (perhaps a several Post break down) and it would involve the reader wanting to discuss complex concepts and math, which tends to not bode well on these forums.

So, lets keep it simple for the sake of discussion, now, unless SF has a massive queue to get on the battle field, you won’t see the people who want to WvWvW in LA as they will be on the WvWvW maps fighting. Equally so, if there is a long Queue, you won’t see them in LA either, as they are better served to go off and PvE while they wait to get into the Battle Field, as you can access it from any part of PvE the game.

So to tell me you did not see hoards of people in LA, is really expected. I mean, beyond fractals and zone explorer (That PvE Stuff), there is zero need to hang around LA anyway. So, not to be rude, when you talk of no one being in LA, well, if they are gamers like me, they are off where the action is. If LA was full of players on SF, I would be kinda shocked to tell the truth, more so wondering why they were just standing around in LA.

Actually LA is rather full most of the time….Second I think you guys are missing what I am saying. Or maybe the other way around…

What I am saying is that you have a PARTICIPATION problem, whereas you guys (at least to me) are making it sound like you have a supply problem (IE: not enough people). I realize while you have theoretical ACCESS to these people, that them actually showing up and PARTICIPATING is the real issue.

Essentially, my point is, that you cannot lay cause on a defeat at the foot of SF due to “superior numbers”, when the reason why you do not have superior or adequate numbers is due to the defeat in the first place. Again, we have more people in our server pool, but the reason why more of them are in WvW I think is because we are winning etc. And that holds true for you guys as well, just on the other end of the spectrum.

It is a vicious cycle I know, the more you lose : the less participation : the more you lose… Conversely, the more you win : same/more participation : the more you would likely win…etc All of this goes hand-in-hand. Again, my point, as it always has been: You have enough on your server to make this a real matchup, they are not choosing to participate. Most of us on SF that are taking issue with the numbers argument, feel as though you guys are saying well SF has a larger server, hence they use that and that’s why they win….When in fact most of us on SF, deep down, believe that you could make things for us very hard and really, truly, prolong our stay in T8 if you could rally the troops. (Who were indeed standing in LA when I was on ET)

Mag Server Leader

3/8 SF/ET/FC

in WvW

Ungood.3054

Actually LA is rather full most of the time….Second I think you guys are missing what I am saying. Or maybe the other way around…

It is? My that is.. news.

What I am saying is that you have a PARTICIPATION problem, whereas you guys (at least to me) are making it sound like you have a supply problem (IE: not enough people). I realize while you have theoretical ACCESS to these people, that them actually showing up and PARTICIPATING is the real issue.

Nope. No one is discussing why you out number us as it is vastly irrelevant or we already knew (As some posters have been explaining), just to clear that up for you. The only thing that matters is that SF is out numbering ET and FC on the WvWvW maps, and can hold those numbers longer. If you thought anyone from ET or FC (especially me) was discussing more then that, you were mislead.

(edited by Ungood.3054)