3 Things what ruining WvW experience for me

in WvW

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Sorry for my bad english:-)
Personally I bought this game primary because of WvW. I play lot of DaoC and WAR where you were inspired and I can give you some advices:-) Now after month of playing i can say its very good. But there are several things what really ruining game experience.

Mobs in WvW
Mobs are real problem and causes another more deep problems. Aion fail on same thing dont do same mistake guys. Its PvP zone, for PvE is here enough content.

- In WAR was over 30 zones and in only one zone was only one little group of mobs and I hate them every time I came around because they always agro on me. When they remove them after half year I was happiest player in game. Can you imagine my frustration when I enter WvW first time and saw that billion mobs around? And in that month after launch my worst apprehensions was confirmed. 70% of small scale fights what we loose was because of mobs. Please remove all mobs from WvW or make them friendly if you need there that nature feeling. You make 99% players happy trust me.

- There is one much worse problem with mobs in WvW and that are powerleveling bots and players what farm there high lvl mats. That problem is already so serious that on last Sunday was on our server (Seafarers Rest) 4 hours queue and only around 50 “live” players who really fight. All other was bots. Bots are there 24/7 so natural player fluctuations was blocked and its one of reasons why are queues so long. Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD7V86Zik3E

Repairing isnt fun
Its ok for PvE but for WvW is short death penalty enough. When you fight against larger group of players its naturally when you sometime die, but imo the should reward as for that we trying it instead punish as for that by endless repairs.

Looting
I must say it. I hate that bag looting system in WvW. In the rage of great battle the last thing what you want do and on what you concentrate is holding ctrl and looking for that tiny little bags on ground. 50% of my time after every fight is running back and looking for that loot. 50% of them i never found. Its so frustrating!
- Make autoloot really automatic. Kill player/mob -> items jump right into inventory. I dont see any reason why dont do that.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

I agree on all points.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: kabab.4612

kabab.4612

I have similar grievances as well…

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

My only counter is on the argument about repair cost. I don’t know how many people I’ve heard talk about how easy it is to make money in wvw, then turn around and complain about repair costs. I don’t find anything wrong with the added incentive not to die. Especially since even my most abysmal nights on wvw still yield a net gain.

EDIT: Though I’d like to note that I don’t feel my wvw experience is being ruined by, well… anything.
This isn’t a QQ, but start thinking more defensively. If you die, you have an X minute walk and and X silver repair bill. That’s about as close as you’re going to get to fearing death in a video game without playing Diablo style hardcore.

As for the other two issues, I like the mobs, bot-bait aside. My guild has actually lured veterans into supply camps to add to the confusion and give us an edge. I can’t argue about what you aid with the bots though. And as for looting, you’re exactly right.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

(edited by Klawlyt.6507)

in WvW

Posted by: Kog.6710

Kog.6710

I agree with the loot part, not going to collect in the heat of battle

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

Yes I also should add that even though those points kinda disturbs me they are not “ruining”.

About the repair costs, I think game doesn’t need an extra incentive not to die. I would prefer spending my money on siege weapons and structural upgrades rather than repairing my armor. Also sometimes I have to send people to suicide missions for tactical purposes and I hate to know that they will pay for it.

People claim that repair costs help players to “think more”. I haven’t seen any empirical evidence on this. What I see is people playing the same way, but spending their gold more on repairs, and leaving WvW when costs start to be a burden, or they are loosing.

As on other games I’ve seen stronger death penalties either demotivate people to play, or motivate them stick to bigger groups. IMO that’s why we see not much small groups attacking/defending small objectives as they know if they face a zerg some of them will die and pay more than they gained.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Dang, just saw that vid with the bots, that looks terrible. I dunno how they will fix that though, because WvW is supposed to be a viable alternative to leveling your character.

I agree with the auto-loot. I like how they at least made the bags pop near you, but i’d rather it just went strait to inventory also. I’m iffy on the repair costs. You do make a decent amount of incidental money in wvw from all the events, but at the same time i usually spend that money directly into buying more siege, so in the long run my money stays even. I’d prefer to not have to repair of course, but it doesn’t bother me too much. (high cost of using WP’s in PvE area though is another story)

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in WvW

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

They said there’s limitations and they can’t make loot appear in your inventory (altho I hope they figure it out in the future, coz they said the same for the crafting from the collections tab and now it works).
I’d be happy if they made at least the badges appear in the inventory or change them to karma like currency (but account wide).

Andkitten get rid of the bots Anet, you infract me on forums for “bad words”(which get kittened out anyway), make your forum mods go and do the in-game bot bans, it’s not like you need to be a Mensa member to do it. I’d rather not have the forums at all and thekittenbots banned. Now you ban…how often…once every blue moon (and seems tha moon is rare oi).

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

mobs and repair bills are essential parts of this kind of pvp.

this isn’t hello kitty warhammer daoc happy funtime island adventures.

your server’s ability to wage war and fuel their war machine is an important part of this kind of pvp. and i hope to see matches in the future where a match is determined mainly by a server having a better war machine than their opponents. this ofc implies that those matches would be hotly contested with some hardcore battles and advanced strategies and tactics.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Disagree on the mobs …

1. It’s the same for everybody.
2. I need them for my kill variety daily. You don’t want to force me to do PvE do you? This way I can kill a few mobs as I move around.
3. I need to sell their drops to make money! Granted, this may be lessened if WvW repair costs are removed/reduced, but it’s not like I’m going to stop needing money even if that happens.

Auto-loot: Badges of Honor should drop in your inventory or be a true currency like gold and karma. If it’s made a true currency it should remain account-wide, or at least we could still trade it among characters through the bank (like gold). Other loot should remain in bags.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: skjutengris.6923

skjutengris.6923

add laggy as hell and no chance to react in spite of high end comp and connection.
nightcapping.

its just silly atm.

Nightcapping needs to go away its a broken system.

in WvW

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

Mobs in WvW
Mobs are real problem and causes another more deep problems. Aion fail on same thing dont do same mistake guys. Its PvP zone, for PvE is here enough content.

- In WAR was over 30 zones and in only one zone was only one little group of mobs and I hate them every time I came around because they always agro on me. When they remove them after half year I was happiest player in game. Can you imagine my frustration when I enter WvW first time and saw that billion mobs around? And in that month after launch my worst apprehensions was confirmed. 70% of small scale fights what we loose was because of mobs. Please remove all mobs from WvW or make them friendly if you need there that nature feeling. You make 99% players happy trust me.

I’m curious, why do players hate PvE mobs in world pvp? Do they only hate the mobs wandering the world that slow you down by wanting to fight? Do they hate the Keep Lords and guards? Do they hate the Dolyak supply trains? Do they hate the NPC camps? Do they hate the control point mobs? Do they hate the NPC reinforcements?

I really do wonder about the PvE mob complaint. Is it because it leads to fights that don’t progress the field of battle? Is it because of the inconvenience and danger they can cause while traveling (or fighting off road)? Or is it because players don’t want non-players in the pvp area? If you actually get rid of all mobs, it puts severe restrictions on certain activities. You can’t have control points. Keep capturing becomes murky. Supply trains can become a zergy mess. Etc.

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

The loot bag… cannot agree more. I agree 100%. If you are going to get something for killing them it should automatically be looted. Trying to find an itty bitty bag with glowing sparklies in the middle of a massive engagement… sux.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in WvW

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

The only point I agree on is death penalty – there should be no repair bills when killed by a player, only when killed by a NPC/mob.
Mobs are fine.

My biggest pet peeve for now is the invisible enemies. That’s the worse problem in WvW for now. This needs to be fixed asap.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

Loot bags system is a joke, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Curiously I have no problems with loot bags – since they spawn at your feet, you just have to press “F” without even seeing them.
But I wouldn’t mind an auto loot system in PvP, would make things more simple indeed and also make sure you don’t inadvertently miss a bag.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in WvW

Posted by: Jarlax.3691

Jarlax.3691

Personally, I like the mobs and they are actually quite useful in that if a group of 10 or so players will place swords on the map if the mobs are attacked. Letting you know where the enemy is.

The loot bags I do agree and wish all loot from them just collected server side until I clicked a "loot WwW rewards button or something

in WvW

Posted by: SpectacularYak.6518

SpectacularYak.6518

1. Mobs aren’t really a problem, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them restricted more to their specific areas (centaur camp, Skritt village, spider grove, etc) and maybe send out substantial patrols from time to time to harass/capture nearby supply camps if their events are not dealt with. Random mobs like wolves and coyotes lingering around in fields are just a PITA.

2. Bots are obviously an issue in PvP and PvE, but I imagine they will get dealt with in due time.

3. Death penalty via repair cost is fine. It’s not significant, and it provides an extra incentive not to get killed, which adds a (small) bit of tension to the proceedings.

4. There really does need to be auto-loot. Constantly slamming the F key so I don’t miss a tiny sparkling loot bag in the middle of the metric crapload of explosions going off at any given moment in WvWvW is just a nuisance.

in WvW

Posted by: Melles.7352

Melles.7352

“Loot bags system is a joke, this needs to be fixed ASAP.”

+1

in WvW

Posted by: freespirit.4291

freespirit.4291

Rozbuska.5263:

Looting
I must say it. I hate that bag looting system in WvW. In the rage of great battle the last thing what you want do and on what you concentrate is holding ctrl and looking for that tiny little bags on ground. 50% of my time after every fight is running back and looking for that loot. 50% of them i never found. Its so frustrating!
– Make autoloot really automatic. Kill player/mob -> items jump right into inventory. I dont see any reason why dont do that.

Looting is perfectly fine. If the battle is so great you shouldn’t be regretting the missed loot. Otherwise, if the loot is more important, just hit F and stop fighting for a moment.
Please stop trying to make everything (semi)automatic and easy.

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

From my understanding, the Badges of Honor (the important loot) are required somewhere for something important at lvl 80 (aka legendary weapon, u need 500). So ya, they are pretty important.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok