3 commanders and 2 players - desperate times?

in WvW

Posted by: Malkom.5607

Malkom.5607

Not sure if its just the holiday season but our tier and especially our side seems almost dead – we are FoW tier 8 – and these past few weeks our side hardly has any players in WvW.

Two nights ago a couple of our commanders came into EB looking for action- but hardly any players around so one commander commented ‘the game is dead, as usual’.

Last night we had 3 commanders(tags not showing) and 2 players (i’m just a player).
This is demoralising but i keep turning up hoping things will get better.

The other sides don’t seem to have that many players either although perhaps I’m just unlucky and miss the action – I’m European timezone . I do use the wvwintel.com website to monitor things but when I get in the action seems to have passed.

By the way, i’m still quite a low level player, less agile than a dolyak, can usually take camps single handedly in EB but no hope with towers – so struggling to find something to do especially when the other 2 sides dominate the map and we control nothing.

I did find some action this morning – map was dead – just 2 of us – an opposition player and myself – fighting over 2 camps – i lost every time – but still fun.

My question – is there anything on the horizon that looks likely to improve WvW player numbers on lower tiers? (we all need hope)

(edited by Malkom.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

It is the same everywhere. Anet is letting the servers die so any serverpride that is left will be gone along with its players, then they will introduce alliances.

Problem for Anet is the old playerbase won’t come back so it is all a waste of time for the developers. Too little too late!

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Don’t worry, soon you’ll all get PPK and auto upgrades changes… Wvw will be saved!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

Auto upgrades wont change much if a player still doesn’t need to do anything to start the upgrade (tho you could cap the camps…i guess that would work)

And…fow, you dont get to complain…You chose to let your nightcap carry you into T8.
Not having players during day time is your fault !

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

in WvW

Malkom.5607

Auto upgrades wont change much if a player still doesn’t need to do anything to start the upgrade (tho you could cap the camps…i guess that would work)

And…fow, you dont get to complain…You chose to let your nightcap carry you into T8.

About the upgrades, I agree – players need to do something and it feels as if the auto upgrades have dumbed things down. I used to like choosing which upgrades to do as it made me feel even more attached to the building.

About the FoW nightcap – I hate the term ‘nightcap’ as those players are just in a different time zone and its daylight to them. When I used to come in really early those players were still about and were soon getting ready for their bedtime. Now of course without those FoW Asian time zone players then FoW would probably be bottom of tier 9.

Since the Alpine Borderlands were retired it does seem that a lot of FoW European time zone players have left. Something must be wrong because many of us(all servers) are addicted to WvW and so there must have a strong reason for leaving or at least for not playing WvW.

By the way, there were times when FoW was holding its own during European daylight against the dreaded Blacktide and Underword even though they often used to kick our backsides – happy days

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzle.8031

Nozzle.8031

Basically 90% of FoW is on holidays or doing real life stuff over the Christmas/new year period, even our american guys are away mostly, will get back to normal in next week or so ( hopefully) though again majority have gotten bored of the WvW state as it is now ( dying game mode).

And also to Rex, its ok for now, since we gone up its given you a break form having to take back a fully tier 3 UW bl every morning, and to say it carried us isnt quite right, FoW got mostly lazy and lost peopel to pve or quit playing since HoT. before we would always be competitive or most tick during EU daytimes too, can/could also compete in tier 8 fairly well too, we cant compete with WsR prime time zergs/guilds but then its only for 4-5 hours a day, they not populated for other 19-20 hours as a rule + no night cap either, hence RoS always beating them if they playing that given week…… But meh wvw dead all round as a rule certainly not as good as use to be, i struggle to find any motivation to stay in there now a days……almost feels a waste of 2.5-3k wvw playtime on FoW, but then again i just remember old times

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Someone on WSR here, man I think we all miss the old days when there were people around no matter the time. I used to think Bronze was dead/dying back at the end of the last tourney (oh how long ago was the!) but the state of it now is terrible. 8 RoS and 5 FoW more or less for most of prime time last night. Sad times indeed.

Best of luck to everyone when the sweeping changes hit and servers are replaced.

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

Not sure if its just the holiday season but our tier and especially our side seems almost dead – we are FoW tier 8 – and these past few weeks our side hardly has any players in WvW.

Two nights ago a couple of our commanders came into EB looking for action- but hardly any players around so one commander commented ‘the game is dead, as usual’.

Last night we had 3 commanders(tags not showing) and 2 players (i’m just a player).
This is demoralising but i keep turning up hoping things will get better.

The other sides don’t seem to have that many players either although perhaps I’m just unlucky and miss the action – I’m European timezone . I do use the wvwintel.com website to monitor things but when I get in the action seems to have passed.

By the way, i’m still quite a low level player, less agile than a dolyak, can usually take camps single handedly in EB but no hope with towers – so struggling to find something to do especially when the other 2 sides dominate the map and we control nothing.

I did find some action this morning – map was dead – just 2 of us – an opposition player and myself – fighting over 2 camps – i lost every time – but still fun.

My question – is there anything on the horizon that looks likely to improve WvW player numbers on lower tiers? (we all need hope)

you should also take into account tagging up wont guarantee a zerg. it takes time to build numbers most will log into wvw see nothing is going on and log/do something else and check back later and of course word of mouth for good fights will bring people in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

If you want to realize how WvW is broken transfer to a tier 1/2 server and see how much better is WvW there.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Malkom.5607

Basically 90% of FoW is on holidays or doing real life stuff over the Christmas/new year period, even our american guys are away mostly, will get back to normal in next week or so ( hopefully) though again majority have gotten bored of the WvW state as it is now ( dying game mode).

Thank you for the persepective on this – the large holiday lull makes sense – hopefully they’ll be back soon.

And also to Rex, its ok for now, since we gone up its given you a break form having to take back a fully tier 3 UW bl every morning, and to say it carried us isnt quite right, FoW got mostly lazy and lost peopel to pve or quit playing since HoT. before we would always be competitive or most tick during EU daytimes too, can/could also compete in tier 8 fairly well too, we cant compete with WsR prime time zergs/guilds but then its only for 4-5 hours a day, they not populated for other 19-20 hours as a rule + no night cap either, hence RoS always beating them if they playing that given week…… But meh wvw dead all round as a rule certainly not as good as use to be, i struggle to find any motivation to stay in there now a days……almost feels a waste of 2.5-3k wvw playtime on FoW, but then again i just remember old times

Thats great info about WsR, I never thought of it that way, was too focussed on the imediate instead of the whole 24 hours.

In the old times, Alpine borderlands, our old commander didn’t worry about being outgunned by large UW BT zergs, we just used to keep switching maps – hit and run – keep taking things – was really fun. Not sure why, perhaps size or complexity, but the Desert borderlands seem to turn a lot of us off.

(edited by Malkom.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Synora.8974

Synora.8974

Didn’t read all the replies, but to the OP. This is exact reason why WvW needs to be Megaserver. Any server below tier 3 has little to none WvW activity, and it’s a real kitten shame because WvW is so much freakin’ fun.

Synora – Elite Guard of [TSYM] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Didn’t read all the replies, but to the OP. This is exact reason why WvW needs to be Megaserver. Any server below tier 3 has little to none WvW activity, and it’s a real kitten shame because WvW is so much freakin’ fun.

T4 is very active, at least on NA

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

It’s not like not having any night time players was our choice lol ^^

anyway, this is not a mu-thread. OT I’d love to see some more people in wvw, both friend and foe. As for what would be the fix I really don’t know. Whatever it is it will make someone unhappy.

Underworld – [ZERK]

(edited by Kungsmurfen.2861)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

/agree T4 is very active NA

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

/agree T4 is very active NA

Are you from darkhaven or HoD? If your from mag instead cool otherwise Sry that I probably walked over your body at least 8 times today lol.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No, its why the borders need to be megaserver.

EoTM was a “solution” to all 4 maps having long queues. WvW is working as intended with EB only. Its time to bring it into a single unified WvW with 1 EB for every 3 servers + generated battle instances.