3 months for polled content to arrive

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

It took 3(ish) months for cannon blueprints to come into the game. We know it’s a possibility they were already designed before the poll. Not only that but the new build cannons don’t even act/react to anything in a normalized fashion relative to the other siege we build.

That feels way to slow, practically unacceptable with “bugs” that literally couldn’t have made it though a single (real)test.

Why would I take part in a poll now? Like….. seriously, wut?

This is straight bullslaugen devs, slow delivery, failed delivery, just another day in the wvw life.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Why would I take part in a poll now?

So you don’t come complain later when they add somenthing that was result of a poll you didn’t voted.

But yeah, I agree that even with the polling, whatever that get’s poll take months to come. This isn’t the first time. DBL reintroduction for exemple was also super delayed.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

DeeSystm.1256

Why would I take part in a poll now?

So you don’t come complain later when they add somenthing that was result of a poll you didn’t voted.

But yeah, I agree that even with the polling, whatever that get’s poll take months to come. This isn’t the first time. DBL reintroduction for exemple was also super delayed.

Voting or not, I’ll criticize terrible execution.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

3 months to do something which normally should have taken a couple of days.

Yup that’s the correct release time for WvW updates.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

At a minimum, deployable cannons should have been tested per the same functional specifications as the other deployable siege in WvW. Do they not have comments in their software code that details the ‘do/don’t’ of implementing siege, taking into consideration player feedback and exploits? Also, what about all of the feedback given by the WvW players in the ‘should deployable cannons be implemented?’ thread? Looking through that thread it appears the feedback from actual WvW players was against the idea, and some of the reasons given for not doing so were spot on.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It took 3(ish) months for cannon blueprints to come into the game. We know it’s a possibility they were already designed before the poll. Not only that but the new build cannons don’t even act/react to anything in a normalized fashion relative to the other siege we build.

That feels way to slow, practically unacceptable with “bugs” that literally couldn’t have made it though a single (real)test.

This is straight bullslaugen devs, slow delivery, failed delivery, just another day in the wvw life.

Said so 6 months ago: These polls are a diversions to keep people patient until the next expansion hits. If they waited 3 months for the release of the canons it isn’t because it took a long time to implement, it’s because they are spreading the butter thin with the little they have of the “WvW overhaul”.

in WvW

DeeSystm.1256

Said so 6 months ago: These polls are a diversions to keep people patient until the next expansion hits. If they waited 3 months for the release of the canons it isn’t because it took a long time to implement, it’s because they are spreading the butter thin with the little they have of the “WvW overhaul”.

It’s sure looking like you’re right. I even took a month+ long break after cannon poll happened, the fact that it made it to poll actually caused it. Feelin used anet.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

Even if it only took them a few days to develop it, they don’t release patches that quickly for a reason.

This kind of topic only adds to anets confusion on a direction for wvw. Many threads complaining that we have cannons, now this thread complaining we didn’t get them sooner.

[WL] Kin Bear

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Both repair hammers and deployable cannons were features ANet had developed long time ago. The features were just waiting on the shelf to be released. That’s why it was so easy to add those into the game now.

Apparently X months of development + Y years of shelf time + 3 months to release was just not quite enough time for WvW designer’s evaluation nor testing.

Next time you see a poll for adding a feature just vote against it. It will of the same quality.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Next time you see a poll for adding a feature just vote against it. It will of the same quality.

So we just keep WvW as it is forever because we’ll just vote no for everything? Ok…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

So we just keep WvW as it is forever because we’ll just vote no for everything? Ok…

If the WvW designer is unable to decide whether some feature is worth adding to the game or not, then players who have no access to WvW road map, feature’s details, test reports, etc. are given the responsibility in form of a poll. That’s not good.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

They stated that the cannon beta would be delayed as they didn’t want it to run concurrently with the repair hammer beta.