3 week world stay

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

I am with a guild that hops servers looking for fights against other servers every new pairing. Rewards are now more of an incentive to play than ever, which may give us permanent residence some where. Will this start when the patch drops or will this start from the last time you moved?

(edited by SgtOVERKILL.4701)

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Quick transfer to BG first now, ask question later

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

MMORPG: Will players who have transferred, either to be with new guilds or friends before this update, be locked out from rewards? On that note, what about players who transfer after this blog post but before the update hits the servers?

MB: You have to be on a world for an entire match to be eligible for skirmish rewards. That means if you transferred on Thursday, you would have to remain on that world the next day, Friday, and the entirety of the match that started on Friday to start earning skirmish rewards in the match after that. Therefore, any players who have transferred after the 26th will not be eligible for Skirmish rewards until they have been on that world for an entire match.

These transfer restrictions are important because we want to incentivize world loyalty and community.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/exclusive-interview-about-the-wvw-skirmish-changes-and-rewards-1000011772/#8pSQVrTwusz8rpMk.99

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I think the 3 weeks should be for duration of server pairings instead.

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

3 weeks = showing loyalty? not really, from what I’ve seen.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

3 week world stay

in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

I agree, 3 weeks seems a little too short to mean anything close to “server loyalty”, it’s too casual a sense of the word for that time frame – it needs to be a more substantial and solid amount of time to have any sense of ‘server loyalty’. This is something you have to commit to.

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Perhaps if they gave it a few tiers, it would work out. I think the goal is to allow people to transfer to play with friends/guilds without getting mollywhopped out of rewards for too long. However, the problematic transfers (whole guilds server hopping based on match-up) won’t be affected at all by 3 weeks.

edit: Obviously, this means they’ll get less rewards for about half of the linking, so it will affect them. Maybe it’s a big enough difference that it creates a deterrent while not completely disallowing the practice.

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

actually i think the system in place is pretty good solution:

• first week match you earn no pips.
  • 3 next weeks you earn many less pips.

For 1st month the players that are hoping servers will earn less (we don’t have the numbers yet but lets say half less) pips per skirmish .

i think the math behind it is solid. And depending how many times you have to complete the pips track you need for the items that could mean a lot.

Now the core of WvW it’s server fidelity and pride so this change is good.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

3 week world stay

in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

What about diminishing return on pips for constant server hopping? :P something like that?

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

I am with a guild that hops servers looking for fights against other servers every new pairing. Rewards are now more of an incentive to play than ever, which may give us permanent residence some where. Will this start when the patch drops or will this start from the last time you moved?

Guilds still transferring around under the premise of finding fights? No worries, Anet added a wvw LFG function. Just specify— “Fight guild—Looking For another Guild to Nuthug”

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

MAKE OBSIDIAN SANCTUM GUESTABLE. Guesting to other servers has no place in this game anymore as cross map pve came out years ago, make guesting to OS to other tiers viable, you already removed loot from OS as well as warscore for killing players. Guild hall arenas are complete garbage and way to tiny to fight in and have been since day 1. Making OS guestable will reignite fight guilds passion to fight each other and allow the incoming pve players to not be harassed in ebg for taking up que spots. This would also allow friends from same server to fight each other to test builds and duel.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

MAKE OBSIDIAN SANCTUM GUESTABLE. Guesting to other servers has no place in this game anymore as cross map pve came out years ago, make guesting to OS to other tiers viable, you already removed loot from OS as well as warscore for killing players. Guild hall arenas are complete garbage and way to tiny to fight in and have been since day 1. Making OS guestable will reignite fight guilds passion to fight players and allow the incoming pve players to not be harassed in ebg for taking up que spots.

I agree, that map should become like a guild arena but not pips or reward tracks in that one, as otherwise would be easily exploitable.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And then get stuck in queue, you know all the hibernating bg players will come back

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

And then get stuck in queue, you know all the hibernating bg players will come back

HaHa BGer here. I haven’t logged into GW2 since March. Will probably stick my head in when the patch drops to see what all the fuss is about…

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

so are we able to transfer now or will we be hit with a penalty? i don’t quite understand the 3 week stay thingy

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

so are we able to transfer now or will we be hit with a penalty? i don’t quite understand the 3 week stay thingy

You will have a penalty if you bandwagon right now which is smart on Anets part.

“Therefore, any players who have transferred after the 26th will not be eligible for Skirmish rewards until they have been on that world for an entire match.”
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/exclusive-interview-about-the-wvw-skirmish-changes-and-rewards-1000011772#fylQFfGppyaUmrQL.99

3 week world stay

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

If someone transferred today, when would they be eligible to start earning rewards when the new system goes live?

You would not be eligible to earn pips until the 9th if you transferred today.

From McKenna
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-WvW-blog-post-June-1-2017/page/2#post6605384