in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

this thread deserves to be in the general forum

338 is...

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It was ~2000, where are you getting 338 from, what?

Dead game nontheless, this is what happens when you don’t actually care about the game you’re developing.

EDIT: The “338” next to the eye on the stream denotes the number of people who have watched the twitch vod. the live event got 2000 which isn’t really all that horrible considering it’s a low pop PvP and there was a WvW GvG on at the same time, as well as league. I guess the little community we have is interested in bettering the game, I just wish Anet was as well.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

338 is...

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The ESL cup finals were great! it was my first time watching a live streamed competition and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it was run.

2000 seemed like a pretty good number considering how niche it is.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

338 is...

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Maybe some day someone will teach people the difference between Views on a VOD and People watching a live stream

Merc out.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

338 is...

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

the number of views for your ESL Grand Finals: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42/c/2942621

A year since the release and those are the only numbers you can pull? It’s obviously dead, give up your dreams of eSport fame and stop ruining WvW…

1. You’re off by a factor of about 100. Blu confirmed 2000 concurrent viewers on his stream throughout the tournament, which either means 2000 viewers watching for like 5 hours straight or 10000 viewers watching an hour at a time. It was also streamed in German, French, and I believe Chinese. The official low-end estimate is 30,000—although that number is not confirmed by any means, just an estimate.

2. The PvP team is not ruining WvW. Despite the fact that the PvP forum is currently being occupied by GvG players mad at the WvW devs, and contrary to popular belief, the PvP devs do not control WvW. A good example of this is thief balancing—thief received several nerfs even while being perceived as a weak profession in PvP, because they were ganking people in WvW. This was later made up for with large buffs to sword that directly countered popular tournament builds.