37 hours of playing in JQ this week

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

Sticked with our zerg groups most of the time. My WvW rank is ~200. By the end of this week, I got Mithril Reward 5 of 6. I spent 5~6 hours a day in WvW.

If you unlocked all the way up to Diamond, you are insane.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I got to diamond, thanks to being outmanned by JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Pips unfair. Making warbringer will take ages like this.
I can’t spend my entire life on wvw.

My account 3 years old. Spent 2458 hours in game.
Played every content. PvE, PvP, WvW, Open World.

And my WvW rank is 820. Clearly i don’t understand how people got 10k ranks.

(edited by Fivona.5061)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

many got through eotm when eotm was a big ktrain rewarding insane amounts of wxp….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Yes. It will take a while. It’s OK. The back piece is for WvW time. Not time elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Rank 1780 here. I get one more pip per tick that you. I am on the diamond chests now. I likely won’t finishe as I haven’t been able to play today. I STILL get skirmish tickets even if it’s not the MAX. And that’s OK. It means it will take me longer.

People that haven’t made WvW their primary mode for years never saw an issue with the rewards in WvW. Few who did, are complaining now. I and many others are happy, and OK with it taking a long time.

There is no reason these skins should be acquired any faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Same.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Clearly i don’t understand how people got 10k ranks.

Not many people do. It’s rare even among vets.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

Ddidnt the Laurel Vendor sold ‘’Thimble of Liquid World Experience’’ (1 Laurel = 2,500 world experience)
and they removed it when HoT launched because ppl unlocked the Elites specs more easily ?

On break

in WvW

Posted by: Pwnflakes.2498

Pwnflakes.2498

Sticked with our zerg groups most of the time. My WvW rank is ~200. By the end of this week, I got Mithril Reward 5 of 6. I spent 5~6 hours a day in WvW.

If you unlocked all the way up to Diamond, you are insane.

Just cut out sleep and ignore the screaming child and you will get there.
(Cut a few hours of sleep but no child was ignored.)
It’s pretty insane the amount of time you have to give in for this reward system, just increasing the basic pip by 2 would help out a ton.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Rank 1780 here. I get one more pip per tick that you. I am on the diamond chests now. I likely won’t finishe as I haven’t been able to play today. I STILL get skirmish tickets even if it’s not the MAX. And that’s OK. It means it will take me longer.

People that haven’t made WvW their primary mode for years never saw an issue with the rewards in WvW. Few who did, are complaining now. I and many others are happy, and OK with it taking a long time.

There is no reason these skins should be acquired any faster.

The problem is that a lot of players who are interested in these new rewards are looking at it as a short term goal and not a long term one. A lot of people are grinding WvW when they don’t enjoy WvW and it’s sucking the fun out of the game for them.

IMO, the rewards and the time it takes to get them are fine. People just want instant gratification and because GW2 is so full of that, people are upset over something that they can’t get in a few weeks.

People need to remember that most dedicated WvW players don’t do much else in GW2. Like myself and many others I know, 85%+ of my time is spent there. These rewards were designed for us. For the veteran players, the people who have stuck it out and will continue to do so. It’s long term goals so we have something to work towards, the carrot on the end of the stick to keep us around.

For people newer to WvW, or more casual with it, it’s a grind. It’s unfortunate for those that don’t enjoy it so much but it would be difficult to have a happy medium.

It will take a long time for anyone to get the new rewards and there’s nothing wrong with that. Think of it as something to work towards, not something that’s out of reach.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Clearly i don’t understand how people got 10k ranks.

Not many people do. It’s rare even among vets.

For those that have registered themselves on GW2Efficiency, there are I think 19 people currently at 10k with how ever many more that haven’t registered. So it’s rare but not as rare as you might think.

Five of those are on Maguuma, lol. I believe I’m 6th or 7th highest on my server and top 30 in the world. Used to be top 20 some time last year.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I can only play roughly 10-12 hours a week (away on weekends). At this rate it will take me 35 weeks to get the first part of the back pack…. fun AND exciting!

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I stopped playing wvw after all these years because the “big patch” is nothing but another timesink. I don’t want to grind pips every week without having to option to pause for some days and losing all progress.
With the patch wvw has gotten worse than it was before. It’s great that more people are playing, but the quality of the game has suffered. Most fights are bad, roaming has gotten worse and it seems most people just going pip farming.
It’s like EotM karma trains on a 24/7 schedule.

Call me, when they fix wvw.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Ddidnt the Laurel Vendor sold ‘’Thimble of Liquid World Experience’’ (1 Laurel = 2,500 world experience)
and they removed it when HoT launched because ppl unlocked the Elites specs more easily ?

It hasn’t been removed, those liquids still drop but get added straight away instead of in your bags.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Yep WvW is still garbage, they need to revamp the entire system not just toss the Spvp reward system into it.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I didn’t finish the chests either. Not a big deal as I still get some tickets. Though it does go sorta slow at times (Rank ~3000ish)

And don’t be envious of people with high ranks. All it really does is get you shot down faster so it’s about time we got some compensation.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Same.

Also same

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights